/khg/ - Kingdom Hearts General

Kingdom Key Edition

New to the Series?
Quick Start: i.imgur.com/kTpXdtz.jpg

Every single Kingdom Hearts game, besides the phone game, is now available on PS4! Catching up has never been this easy.
KINGDOM HEARTS I.5+II.5 ReMIX -- Released March 28, 2017
KINDGOM HEARTS II.8 Final Chapter Prologue -- Released January 12, 2017
KH 1.5 and KH 2.5 also available separately on PS3

Coming 2018
D23 2017 Toy Story Trailer: youtu.be/E4y7UK4nqn

Less Disney worlds: gematsu.com/2017/07/kingdom-hearts-iii-less-disney-worlds-kingdom-hearts-ii-final-fantasy-vii-remake-along-areas July18, 2017
Kingdom Hearts is canon to Toy Story: siliconera.com/2017/07/18/kingdom-hearts-iiis-toy-story-world-takes-place-events-toy-story-2/ July18, 2017
IGN asking Nomura fan questions: ign.com/articles/2017/07/18/8-cool-things-we-learned-about-kingdom-hearts-3-at-d23-expo July18, 2017
Famitsu Weekly Translation: khinsider.com/news/Famitsu-interviews-Nomura-on-KINGDOM-HEARTS-3-Toy-Story-battle-system-more-9760 July19, 2017
Dengeki Interview: khinsider.com/news/Dengeki-Interview-with-Nomura-on-KINGDOM-HEARTS-3-and-Union-Cross-9827 July21, 2017

>Lore Resources
pastebin.com/tKPLZLiE

KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ[Cross] Resources:
Available for both iOS and Android devices.

>GLOBAL Updates
twitter.com/kh_ux_na
>JP Updates
twitter.com/KHUX_PR
>General News+Updates
twitter.com/Daybreak_Town

>Quick Help Guide [heavily depreciated]
pastebin.com/jQVKegVw
>Wiki
khunchainedx.com/
>Damage Calculator Update 2.37.67 - Spirit / Pet slot is live
khuxtracker.com

Previous Thread →

Other urls found in this thread:

gamespot.com/articles/kingdom-hearts-3-will-end-story-arc-but-not-overall-series/1100-6412140/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Thanks for using a proper image so the thread isn't archived after only 200 replies.

There were some dumbasses toward the end of the thread before the last one.

Minimum % needed to get a goofy in the HSC?

About 70

What do you think of KH2s prologue?

being Roxas is suffering

KH2 prologue is one of my favorite parts of the whole series. I don't get why that section gets the hate it does. You get to play as Roxas in the KH2 engine and get to dick around with his squad and fight Twilight Thorn and Axel.

>fight Twilight Thorn
Was that supposed to represent Roxas’ past? I never got a clear answer

Okay the first time around, tedious afterwards

just let it die

I don't remember how I felt the first time, but I remember disliking it for a while until I start to really think about it and the story. Nowadays I like it but think it takes a little long to get to the fun stuff.

saving this thread with /ss/

I like it a lot, doing odd jobs even if it devolves into speed delivering mail in every subsequent playthrough, solving mysteries with your fake-but-also-not-fake friends, "Lazy Afternoons", Axel, maximum comfy.
I can definitely see why people hate it though, it really drags on before you can get to the good stuff and I imagine it's even worse if you don't like Roxas.

KH1 prologue > KH2 prologue

Delete yourself

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

A strong opening.

It gets a bad rap for being long but if it were shorter then the story it told would have been worsened as a result.

It's just supposed to mirror the Darkside fight as Roxas unearths memories of Sora

The Twilight Thorn hasn't appeared elsewhere so it's possible that it's not even a real Nobody type.

>actually thinking KH2 prologue was better than KH1's

Combat and movement minigames > lame fetchquests

100% of the time

Quick and easy to complete fetch quest that shows the value of exploration and your ability to interact with the environment, with optional combat activities for fun> plodding prologue that takes forever to let you reach the actual fun part of the game

WHEN YOU WALK AWAY

qt3.14 gf and an island paradise trumps town and two annoying friends. Plus the sparring sessions are better whilst showing us how you can interact with the world. I sure hope that returns for KH3. I loved finding little things like the fire in the accessory shop or freezing the bubbles.

;_;

it's good.

In too deep and out of time... Why'd you have to go and let it die...
Beautiful veins and bloodshot eyes... Why'd you have to go and let it die...

LET IT DIE!

I love Traverse Town but it's also pretty much where they started going off the rails with DEEPEST LORE.

Destiny Islands is probably the most underwhelming part in the entirety of KH1 and 2.

This user gets it

why are older girls so lewd

luxord was such a cool dude
I really hope he comes back in 3

go to bed, grohl.

good idea.

he'll be back.... as one of the thirteen seekers of darkness.

Because you keep lewding older girls

its not my fault they're sexy af ESPECIALLY aqua

>Aqua and Sora
>Sora
Why

I hate it

why not?

I demand my sora and Moogle jews reeeeee

We already got it, user.

They already gave it

LIGHT

At +23, Slot 3 in Three Wishes becomes dual Magic-Reverse, will I no longer get a bonus to Magic-Upright medals in that slot? I noticed as much happening on Sleeping Lion's Upright slots.

You should still get the x1.4 bonus if you use a Upright medal.

Okay yeah, it seems to be just fine. I guess there's a different precedent in place for the beginner keyblades than for the mid tier keys like Sleeping Lion.

4 weeks until D23

so does this mark the first time NA got medals that JP didn't get before?

Nah. Zootopia

Aww yeah bois! We rollin in it now.

>actually caring about Mythril Crystals
How nostalgic

also moana and belle&beast

jp got twewy art 2 instead

post setup

4 duck tales medals (no Scrooge) and FB Xion with shared Scrooge on Divine Rose.

At 11 days into this game I could OTK 15-16M HP Gear Golem, now at 13 days in I just OTKd the Lion Headliner. I hope progress keeps going like this. Time to make another attempt at the Coli.
A huge thanks to everyone that's provided advice and answered my noob questions. I'm sure I'll have more.

>OTKd the Lion Headliner
>13 days
Post setup.

I started on NYE or NYD because someone in /ffg/ mentioned that KHUx was giving away 10,000 jewels to everyone, I've been luckshitter-ing it ever since. It's the two KeXs that I got in the first day that lead to this. The Days Riku is 200% and the Herc B is 174%, no other guilts. The final piece not in the screen shot is the Lingering Will from my Party.

I guess it isn't technically OTK is it, since you break his arms to get two more cycles of attacks before it goes once but it's far more than I was doing previously.

Here's the other setup I use for some things with a more traditional placement for the second KeX. In the previous screen I placed the KeX in slot 4 to guaranteed enough gauges for both costed castings of Herc.

litgh

>Those Kairi locations
>That Riku location
What the fuck is wrong with you

Without the second Kairi in slot 4 the machine runs out of gauges, even with the four free gauges from the HD Vanitas-cules it sometimes misfires the third Herc, with that setup it's completely self-perpetuating.

As for Riku, yes his best slot is 3, but it seems like he's getting more out of Slot 2's 2.20 bonus than Slot 3's 1.50 bonus plus his own bonus. I will rectify this issue when I get Fairy Stars in a month or whenever. It's only like another 430 stages, and I've decided to speed through them by making a beeline for the boss every time.

DONA TOKI DATTE

DED GAEM, DED GENRAL

UNMEI WASURETE

Seriously. Where are the other shared Scrooges? This is getting ridiculous.

People probably realized Scrooge really wasn't worth it, especially when there's a much better banner available

what if there are more princesses of light?

There aren't.

PRINCESS SARAH! WITNESS ME!

There's Ventus

Ventus' state of having a heart mostly of light was temporary and it isn't his natural state.

What's it called?

I love how keyblades look at level two before they add all the retarded shit.

I'm still waiting for them to let us choose what version of the keyblade we want to use, rather than being stuck with what is usually an overdesigned mess full of sparkles

Level 3 fairy stars really ruins the whole point of the design

Careful, /khg/, let your general spin down the drain too many times and you'll be forced back to /v/.

>you'll be forced back to /v/
jesus christ how horrifying

>Firaga'd then frozen then thrown off a cliff
Xehanort is not very smart, is he

Oh god, no

who even needs the chiblade?

I knew her appearance would be short but hell, that was disappointing as fuck

nah mate, it was all part of his big dumb plan

Darkness

LIGHT

I'm afraid Nomura dies

I have that fear aswell

>He was 31 when KH1 came out
>Is now 47
>KH3 is only the end of the first KH saga
RIP Nomura

I'm curious if he actually has a plan. At this point i don't even care anymore, i'm just here for this wild ride of a plot

Well him saying his plan was 3 sagas with KH3 being the end of the Xehanort saga was back in like 2006. Im sure back then he planned on KH3 coming out in a couple years and then he got stuck on FF15 for 10 years

>3 sagas
Source on this part.

Fuck i mean i can look but it was back in like 2006/2007 so i dont know if i'll be able to find anything

gamespot.com/articles/kingdom-hearts-3-will-end-story-arc-but-not-overall-series/1100-6412140/
>Nomura explained that Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't part of a "trilogy,
Its from 2013 but it has the basic idea

I'm talking specifically about the 3 sagas part. I've seen this claimed many times now and nobody has a source that specifically says that KH was planned to be 3 sagas.

The source the second user posted basically says that KH will continue after KH3, which everyone knew. Where is the sources that says he has 3 sagas planned?

Like i said he said it back in 2007 in some interview but i dont know how the fuck you expect me to find it today kek. Nomuras plans might have changed by now anyway, that was just his original idea for the series

Only thing I know about Nomura's plans for the future of KH is that he said a long time ago that he knew the end of the story from day one, and everything else is building up to that point.

I've never heard "three sagas," which is particularly odd when he had only named the Dark Seeker Saga a few years ago while confirming KHIII wasn't the end.

LIGHT