>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DnN5dyTh4qk
speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/42sv5yndhcspk9c5
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/1238)
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/1107).
youtube.com/watch?v=wIMin2zDhTk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Which is worse, lightning spear or corona?

DS2 is the worst, daily reminder.

I like DS1 backstabs because they let me shit on hosts while their phantoms can do nothing but watch while I have ten years of iframes.

upvoted

Guess what I've been doing.

Thanks to the user who helped with princes, I'm at Cinder now if you want to do that one too. It's NG+10, pc, pass is dsg

"dark" souls 2

There he goes, he posted it again.

give me fogwall bs though
and karate fists, karate fists are a billion times more entertaining than ninjaflips

thoughts on this?
youtube.com/watch?v=DnN5dyTh4qk

Not doing your duty to purge the cathedral of trespassers.

A temple massacre in the name of atheism?

>SL91

almost like reposts happen in every general from every videogame

I really should not have played Bloodborne before Dark Souls

this rolling is so terrible. oh my god. I keep accidentally rolling straight into an enemy, or getting stuck on some shitty little geometry in the level

This was my first time fighting this guy. It went over really quick.
I usually heard that he was really hard. Did I just get lucky?

speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/42sv5yndhcspk9c5
Daily reminder for all you orbiting friede posters.

depends, what sl?

By the time you're ready to take down Nameless King he's a pushover.

I was like 80. Went there right after NK.

He’s a brainlet who was kicked out of his order for using a shield then failed to become even a meth goat.

Anyone able to help me move some items between characters at highwall on PC?

i'm gonna steal your stuff

he isn't hard but he can be tenacious if you're low level since he has a fair bit of health and estus and stamina

He's only hard if you are still a low level somehow, or have no idea how to parry/deal with his weapon. Also easy as piss if you just use a really big weapon.
how many times did you practice for this webm, droid?

>or getting stuck on some shitty little geometry in the level
Bloodborne should have prepared you well for this.

>Sounds to me like you're just doing something wrong.
Like what?

what are you, a nigger?

The remaster's got me itching again, so i'm installing DS1 right now. Any recommended texture/reskin mods, because right now the most I can really find that I can get things up to snuff with quickly are the Dark Souls Overhaul (nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/1238) and 3-style UI (nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/1107).

>Like what?
I really don't know, but maybe switch up your style for the fight? If you play passively during one phase, start playing aggressively. If you're hugging her, try spacing out a bit more.

>practice
Negro I did it for funsies. I just pressed LT because "hey, it'd be hilarious if it worked."
And then I did it again.

Don’t listen to him, anyone who’s beaten a boss a few times inevitably says that it shouldn’t give you trouble. I would say the same after beating gael, midir and demon princes but they are fuck hard fights.
Dancer is hard because she pretends to be slow then swings hyper fast, has fire and magic damage, breaks the framerate and cannot be blocked on her spin moves. Stick to her ass until she pulls her second sword out, then stick to her front and roll into her attacks to avoid them. Use the dark hand if it’s still too hard because her hp pool can be a problem as well

I'll be there in 30 seconds, pass "dsg"

yes, that's my character

>If it's easy how is it deep, retard?
Because it's easy to counter by means of opponent prediction, which is depth.

>If it only happens once per fight, how does it have a large impact on the match, retard?
Because failure to predict the actions of your opponent means you eat a big one, faggot.

>Everything is intellectually more challenging
Making everyone invisible does no such thing and you know it.

>Balance isn't a justification either.
What? Obviously, if you can have too much depth which is what you're clearly arguing, you can also have too little. Dark souls 2 and 3 pvp does not have enough depth to maintain interest for me for more than a few hundred hours at most. Meanwhile I've easily dumped a good 2k in Dark Souls 1.

Getting greedy. Dancer is really easy, and I'm not saying that because of what this guy said I'm saying that because she requires patiance, and there are some truly bullshit bosses in DS3, like Midir or NK, but she isnt one of them.

Don’t mind me, just posting best girl in the game.

Am the only man in this thread who did Dancer first try just by relentlessly spanking her ass?

I mean that's her big weakness and you have to be a major faggot not to do that first try.

I did it as well. But for some reason, my second and third runs through the game on different characters had trouble, despite being the EXACT same build.

>2k hours into 1
>thinks net code lag abuse is intellectually challenging
>thinks guaranteed backstabs are a good mechanic
I just don’t see how things could go so wrong.

>devs give her a ridiculously strong ass jiggle as a hint to abuse it
>people still try to hit her empty head to stagger her
So many morons playing this game, I don’t get how they function in life.

Fuck dude, I didn't keep track of everything you dropped. Did I miss anything?

>thinks net code lag abuse is intellectually challenging
Yes, yes it is.

>thinks guaranteed backstabs are a good mechanic
Making sure to always maintain a position where your hitbox was in relation to where your opponent's hitbox will be so that you don't get backstabbed, and the opposite scenario where you position yourself in such a way where you know where your opponent's hitbox will be before it's actually there and landing a backstab is intellectually stimulating and a good mechanic, yes.

Without this constant pressure to maintain safe positioning, pvp becomes so simple that it's boring.

I just can't read her god damn attacks. At all.
NK and Friede and Co. have lots of very well-defined attacks, that while sometimes difficult to dodge, are clear enough to be approachable. I'm not getting that from Dancer even a little bit, and holy fuck I've fought her so many times. Which means I have to dodge with twitch reaction alone, and I just can't do that.

Holy shit I cannot WAIT for that Ds1 remaster so I can stop dealing with this shit.

I really can’t believe what I’m reading, this is hyper weaponized autism.

>Holy shit I cannot WAIT for that Ds1 remaster so I can stop dealing with this shit.
I thought that too, until I remembered the second half of the game.

Go take a shit and drink some water. Her attacks are very reactable, and if you're failling this hard, just relax a little and come back later.

I don't see an argument here.

this 100%
I cannot believe how much taking a break helped when it came to beating Kos and Midir. It made fighting them feel less strenuous.

This. I got frustrated fighting her at SL1, took a break and it was much simpler when I came back. If you let a boss tilt you, you’ll never beat it angry.
I won’t argue with someone who thinks forced backstabs and poor netcode should be a mechanic.

>I won’t argue with someone who thinks forced backstabs and poor netcode should be a mechanic.

At least you're admitting that you concede the argument.

>if you can have too much depth which is what you're clearly arguing
No it's not, you complete brainlet. There are games a million times deeper than DS1 which actually generate depth properly. My point for the last three posts you've failed to interpret has been that a mechanic's ability to add more depth doesn't justify it's addition. What you're saying it like saying "well more money is good" and then lopping your arm off for a penny. You're saying that they aren't a big deal whenever anyone calls DS1 "backstab souls" then saying that they make a huge fucking difference whenever anyone says the game isn't deep. You're just a hard boiled hypocrite who can't let go of your fighting-game-lite ego. Hang yourself.

how does the parting flame WA work?

How will the brainlet respond to an argument like this?

>come back later
Oh user, I've come back later so many times, soooo many times. I go through this with every character, every single time. Hell, even the many that don't get very far because of how repetitive playthoughs are still try Dancer at some point. Maybe it will click this time! Spoilers, it doesn't.

Last and most fun character was a barely-planned Millwood man I made to check out the two DLCs. Dancer, who'd I'd of course fought a lot at this point, at appropriate level and everything, took...I dunno, a dozen tries or so? Something like that.

Demon Prince took one. Gael took three or four. I was completely blind to both of them. Friede took a lot, as she should, but still.

Have you considered playing better?

When something dies, you gain a charge on your pyro flame as long as it's out (you can two-hand your main weapon though). When you gain 12 charges, you get an aura on your character. Use the WA in a safe spot, and you'll expend some FP to get a full orange flask back.

It also works as an invader, it's a nice way to get free Estus for the host's dirty work.

Probably with a chillstepwave youtube montage of a bunch of guys wearing MotM backstabbing eachother.

I really don’t understand how she could stop you so many times compared to the much harder dlc bosses. Dancer is certainly a pain at low levels but what the hell man

Remastered pros
> HD Gwyndolin

Remastered cons
>Character creator will most likely remain unchanged
>So will BoC
>New Londo will most likely still be there
>The ghosts will be there as well
>OH FUCK THEY ARE COMING OUT OF THE WALLS
>GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER!
>WHY IS IT SO DARK IN HERE?
>At long last i have reached the bottom, i am sure there i...what is that?
>OH FUCK WHAT IS THAT?
>MOMMY I AM SCARED
>OH FUCK WHERE DID THAT CAME FROM?
>WHERE ARE THOSE STAIRS LEADING?
>OH FUCK I FELL
>Did i just noclip out of the game?
>OH FUCK WHAT IS THAT
>OH FUCK THERE'S MORE
>I WANT OUT OF MR. KAATHE'S WILD RIDE
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

what's the most underrated weapon in DS1?

I am saying that DaS1 backstabs and netcode are good because they force you to be mindful of positioning, but are also easy to counter if you predict your opponents actions correctly. It's pretty straightforward.

This isn't about ego, it's about pvp being fun. Exploring the intricacies of these mechanics over a slowly evolving meta is fun.

Outside of raw builds and stats themselves, other souls games haven't really had much of a meta like Dark Souls 1 and Demon's Souls had, because they lack the proper amount of depth.

server

Bastard Sword.

>slightly less range than claymore
>more AR
>1HR2s do a fuckload more poise damage

>Drake sword
You see, while it may lack scaling it makes up for this in high base damage, a very unique look and an epic special R2 that’s a callback to DeS storm ruler! One of my favorites and a must on all my RP characters.

It looks super nice, and the bleeding effect is cool too.

The standard longsword
Constantly overlooked but that thing was incredibly solid and versatile
None of the later games' has felt as good, although obviously DaS3 longswords are "better"

The problem with your thinking is that if two intellectually equal people match up, they will circle each other predicting the others movement and not make a move until the other does. This becomes a mind game and is what shit up DS3 when it came out. Thankfully we’ve moved onto stat min maxing and going apeshit with HA which is cancerous but at least it isn’t boring.
If you have to focus on predicting backstabs and avoiding them, you’ll never have balls to the wall fighting, just mind gaming.

Is this the worst offender of hitboxes? I’m not sure if it’s intentional since they have teeth on their under belly but I cannot avoid getting hit by them on the slightest movement

Everytime.
>Do something important, like preparing for a boss fight
>BEING SUMMONED TO ANOTHER WORLD AS A BLADE OF THE DARKMOON
>Go farm for something that I really want
>fighting an incredibly dangerous enemy
>die

>actually wait to get summoned as a Dorkmoon
>literally jack shit happens

>want to replay dark souls 1 today
>hdmi/dvi wont work/no signal in the graphic card slot
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SOMEONE HELP ME RIGHT NOW

my man
youtube.com/watch?v=wIMin2zDhTk

Nah, it's annoying but clearly intentional and not broken. They do pretty low damage and are just there to prevent you from cheesing them by standing underneath where they can't attack.
It sucks when you get unlucky and the teeth stagger you into a charge for 80% of your life though.

I wonder if it actually prioritizes people who are moving to avoid pulling in people who seem to be afk, I also never get summoned while waiting but constantly while fighting or running around
>pc cuck
Laffin

The problem is that we have a disagreement over what we find fun. What you consider balls to the wall fighting, I consider mindlessly just R1ing and dodging.

help ME you fuck

The stagger is exactly what bothers me, it feels odd because they’re the only enemy whose body damages you. I suppose it does make sense in preventing cheese tho.
Good god...

>a game, ANY GAME, gets announced or released
>Veeky Forums thread quality fucking plummets

I wonder which "video games" related board could be behind this

Anyone on ps4 doing anything right now? I have a favour to ask

>1 shot demon prince blind
>Have you considered playing better?
Yeah I'll get right on that champ.

But when do you even attack in phase 3? She's always either doing a crazy combo or potentially about to continue a crazy combo.

You have to bait a weaker attack, like the overhead slam (stand right in front) or roll into her endless spin, wait for stamina and attack while she’s in her tired animation. Honestly you have to have decent damage and hp because the easiest way is just out trading her as opposed to beating her with estus left over. At higher SL levels you can just stagger her big ass over and over

>1-shotting a boss
You just keep getting worse.

drown in a fire frogposter

I loved it and hoped it would come back, but there was no reason to not use the murakumo

>remastered edition will included previously cut contents, including a third ending, a new faction and several new NPCs homaging to important pillars of the Souls community, including but not limited to VaatiVidya and EpicNameBro

empirically false

>including a third ending
velka boss fight

pls respond

all I want to know is if DS1R is going to use the DS3 armor assets instead of new ones

>elite knight will just be the ds3 one

I don’t see why would they use 3’s and risk people shitting on them for copy pasting armor. they’ll just use 1’s textures they originally planned to use but scrapped for time. I genuinely can’t wait for the massive disappointment that this will be.

It's a remaster, not a remake.
They'll up the resolution to 1080p and work on the framerate a little, and that'll be it.

>I genuinely can’t wait for the massive disappointment that this will be.
It's only going to be a disappointment for PC only people. Life goes on, I guess.

THERE. Fuck.
Thank you VERY much, user who suggested dark hand, that helped so much more than I thought it would. Maybe now further attempts will go better, maybe. Maybe.
I still don't feel like I got any better, though. She didn't use her longer combos at all that time.

No, user. Think harder.

>blight town will be 30 FPS instead of 25
>Solaire will have remade textures since he’s a “fan favorite”
>ENB references
PRAISE MIYAZAKI
PRAISE THE SUN

they're gonna do some lighting changes I'm sure.

>fight pregnant velka boss
>she aborts halfway through to steal its energy/humanities or whatever while laughing at you and leaves for another man
never eat the rice

I need some opinions from you guys
What is the most fun covenant to be a part of, where is the most fun place to invade, and at what levels? In your opinions, of course. I want to hear some feedback so that I can get some ideas for my next characters. Dark souls 3, of course.

Have you denied blues their ears today /dsg/?