>General VR resources
vrwiki.wikispaces.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_reality_headset
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_virtual_reality_headsets

>Oculus rift setup guide
pastebin.com/QgHwLq8R

>Htc Vive setup guide
pastebin.com/QNc18zHd

>Recommended VR applications/games (needs update)
pastebin.com/KgBr4kCh

>VRChat resources and tutorials
pastebin.com/X89faD2r

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!O8V1gSZD!dFLY1qkDCj88hmAvFw9LoiKQuJIgJ1zb71g0I4moVe4
cgtrader.com/3d-models/car/antique/oscar-mayer-wienermobile-1952
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for abandoning the gap as people show up

Someone post the Optimus Prime cap, I just got dang chillin with that nigga in void club. Was terrifying when he reached down and my entire model fit inside his hand.

I made a Korok

fug

now hide in random places

where we go to now

How do people move slowly descending on the air with or without vr?

Particular 4483

Are there any other places to get MMD models besides Bowlroll and Niconico?

Hey buddy, you're still there?

I found the cracking point where my stubborness breaks. All this weight painting that makes no sense and is probably a bug from the .pmx port from CM3D2 that completly destroys any facial animations.
The neck and left shoulder are attached to the face for some reason and when you move those the entire face plays corruption.

I went carefully through the bones, getting rid of any weight painting through every single mesh in the face but even when I had done that, it still fucks up.
I have been at for a couple of hours now and I don't make any progress. Everything else worked perfectly fine, just this weight painting is giving me the best of it.

mega.nz/#!O8V1gSZD!dFLY1qkDCj88hmAvFw9LoiKQuJIgJ1zb71g0I4moVe4
The .pmx is here.
Email is attached to the post. I'm going to drown myself in light beer now.

How do I get dynamic bones and stuff

everything seems to cost money

Link was given in the last thread

Why can't I edit the skybox in my world?

I create a skybox component on the Main Camera and assign the material that I want, and the change shows in Unity, but it NEVER shows in the game.

Please help I'm frustrated as shit

Adding a bit of blur to his hair and changing to Sprite/Diffuse seems to have fixed it, slightly

>join 11/32 room from menu
>moves me in new instance
>create portal for 6/32 room
>still moves me in new empty instance
>repeat this for 15 minutes
>same result

I'm surprised I haven't seen a korok until now, this is pretty cute desu. Did you port the model out of BOTW? You should port the rest and make a world full of koroks.

How difficult in comparison to a regular model would bringing a cat model into VRChat be?

My wife actually made the model from scratch and I rigged it. She used pictures of BOTW koroks as a reference. We have discussed making the rest of the koroks, maybe do a deku tree world with a bunch of avatar pedestals, could be pretty cool.

Window -> Lighting -> Settings

Best place to find cute pedestals? looks like Nepstation is no more.

>3 of 4 hands expertly hidden

So me and a few other anons last thread figured out that adding colliders to the avatar below the feet would make the avatar float in the air and move in weird ways. We're trying to figure out a consistent way to move the avatar in-game. If anyone has an actual solution please send help.

Who knew that random rooftop dance parties could be so fun

But nobody is dancing.

Chibi-Robo has come to VR at long last

Next up is making the rest of the items grabbable, then trying to make the shelves work I guess

Thank you!

We had a couple VR users like those two pikmin, the mokou and myself who were dancing to the songs played by burrito, admittedly most of the desktop users had to resort to hopping. I took this picture towards the end as well.

Feet too

>teleportation between rooms to find people to ask if your input is working or not
>keep getting new instances even when you select less than half full rooms
>try a room with just 1 person
>it actually works
>there's only one other person in the room
>talks in soft girl voice
>spaghetti start spilling
>jump around for a few seconds and leave
Really? of all possible people... I'd rather get a knuckles swarm.
And no it wasn't Trap-chan.

Where do you go to do this?

>teleportation
teleporting* thanks firefox auto-correct.

Short GameCube -> VRChat Guide:

1. Get desired game .iso and Dolphin Emulator
1a. I used 4.0-157 since it uses Direct3D9 graphics, which the ripper likes
2. Open Dolphin through 3D Ripper DX, and capture the scene you want, with the wavefront .obj option in Ripper selected
3. Import .obj into blender
3a. The scene will be absolutely FUCKED, just totally nauseating to look at
4. Rotate, Skew, Scale the scene (in that rough order) using Blender's axes and primitive objects as a guide to match up with "perfect geometry" (straight lines and circles) in the scene
4a. You may need to flip normals
5. Make new Unity project
6. Move all of the .dds textures that 3D Ripper exported into a /Textures folder that is next to the Assets folder in Unity
7. Export an .fbx from Blender into a Unity asset folder
7a. Use export version 6.1 ASCII
7b. Use Path Mode "Copy" so Textures will go to Unity as well (for some reason Unity needs two copies of the textures to work smoothly. Don't ask questions, because the alternative is manually re-apply every texture/material in Unity)
8. Unity should take a while to import the model and convert all textures into materials
9. Add VRChat gobbledegook, like the Scene Descriptor and stuff for physics items
10. ?????
11. PROFIT!!

Miku!

It's a huge pain in the ass but every step of the way is totally worth it. Even seeing the mangled scene pulled into Blender felt pretty good.

Good luck on your ripping efforts user!

Anyone have a Happy Merchant avatar available?

thats a bannu

I dont care if I get banned. I just want one desu.

>went with a Steam account
>added too many people
>don't want to re-add everybody
>not interested in making own models
>uncontrollable anxiety
>stuck in the pleb club

either git gud or die trying

i keep seeing a white screen when videos are supposed to be playing, can anyone help me with this?

Wait. It'll take a little while.

Thanks for the guide, there are a number of games I want to try getting the models and places from that aren't on model resources yet.

>model was working fine in vrchat yesterday
>start up vrchat
>some dynamic bones stopped working on said model

Did they do something?

>Watch a tutorial
>Make a tiny green box that looks like a space ship
>Start broadcasting all logh episodes
>People follow me and keep me around
Cant believe this 0 effort shitpost is getting that much attention

>Some how get into a vr circlejerk without trying to
>The people in it arent as entertaining as random pubs I can meet

I guess I'll just keep joining random servers

>want to test my level locally
>get stuck in a loading loop

it's probably the fact that when you start hanging out with the same people everyday you end up having the same sort of interactions, it's always better to keep things fresh and have different adventures

Testing audio stuff in void #3135, I can't confirm by myself so anyone is welcome. Just a warning: very loud audio possible.

Got kicked trying to join

There was a knuckle now, though I dunno if he could hear me or not, still haven't figured out the best configuration for this virtual mic driver.

Why is login even needed for something like that is beyond comprehension. Doesn't it eat up a lot of bandwidth for vrchat login servers?

>in gaia
>pedobear wants to show this little girl a trick
>he reaches under he skirt and produces a pair of panties

I'm starting to forget that I'm not a cute anime girl irl

Hey I'm a giant fag and in the process of working on voice training, but I will say VRchat has been pretty good at getting me comfortable with the concept of passing. Anyone have any suggestions for Morphvox settings? I can't seem to get anywhere with something that sounds decent.

Is this model too lewd for VRChat?
Alternatively, can anyone find me a Marceline MMD model that isn't the thick ones.
Don't even have anything against em, ive rigged one of them myself and it's my main one, but I'm getting vive trackers and would like a thinner model for dancing.
Sorry for my complete lack of knowledge of where to find mmd models in advance, all I've search is deviantart so far

Probably

I think you're fine

that would be fine just delete the vagoo and nips

>Find an .xps of the oscar meyer weiner mobile
>Load the hand animations up with meme songs
>As I'm using the VRChat SDK tool to upload it from Unity, click Sexual/Nudity as a joke
>Haha get it because it's a huge weiner
>Load into the hub
>Takes three tries and when I finally do there is no one there to meme
>Try to find a room but get an error connecting anywhere
>Open a portal and can't walk through it
>Restart tthee game because wtf
>You have been banned. Reason: Sexual or explicit avatars

This is a joke. Right?
They wouldn't have included a button that arbitrarily bans anyone who clicks on it without further investigation.
Right?

REAL AWOO HOURS, FELLOW MAGAPEDES!

how to add jiggle titties

Remember that giving random boops and headpats is not only unacceptable in the real world, but can even get you arrested

cgtrader.com/3d-models/car/antique/oscar-mayer-wienermobile-1952
You mean this one?

the absolute madman

>even joking about the horrors of sexual content
Yes, the PC devs would ban you for something so simple.

>Watching my hand poses in VRchat
>Realize that the trigger on my oculus touch is pressure sensitive
>Instead of snapping into a fist, my hand very slowly closes and opens at the rate I squeeze and release the trigger
>:thinking:
>:LIGHTBULB:
>Set a custom animation with closed eyes, open mouth and extended tongue to the fist hand animation
>Pull trigger a little and my lids dip slightly
>Pull a little more I got those bedroom eyes, mouth puckering in a playful smooch
>A little further and my eyes are lustful slits, mouth slightly parted in a passionate kiss
>Squeeze the trigger down and my eyes close tightly, tongue extended and mouth wide against my lover's
>Been making out with myself in the public hub mirror for 5 minutes while 8 people watch

This is a game changer

hes can't keep getting away with it.

>Play VRChat
>See all the cute anime avatars
>meanwhile I'm just a dancing skeleton
>mfw

THEN WHY IS THE BUTTON THERE

You fucking genius, if it really works that easily then I must have this also

Is there any actual discussion in this general or is it just nothing but idiots who can't figure out how to do custom avatars begging for help because they're too stupid to solve puzzles themselves?

cringe

you do not kno de wae

Excellent job citizen, keep doing gods work.

>passing
You a future 45%'er?

> I'm "experienced" so let's look down on the inexperienced

vive also does this, as soon as I discovered it I became a mindless loli slut and I never returned

rip desktop users

>First full weekend with a vive
>Made friends from Veeky Forums

I think both headsets currently are great, but I've not played vrchat in the vive as I don't own a vive (yet), but an oculus
How do you do all the hand gestures? I've read it's clicking the circular trackpad down at different positions, but which positions where do what gestures? If there's a website with the info you could direct me there too if it saves you time

>mark your avatar as sexually suggestive
>go into public room
I'm on the fence about this one, user. You fucked up an equivalent of trigger discipline for avatar-making.

Good! I've had my Vive for a while and I've seen VRChat for all of 2017 but only recently got into it. I figured to check if Veeky Forums had anything going on in the VR general and met up with some cool people.

It could have easily been a misclick that was overlooked.

Why even include it in the game if it's a bannable offence?

Make a webm or a gif!

>nobody with a mic joins your instance
>still can't tell if audio is working or not
Dj's job sucks in vrchat. Though, I guess I can't really complain since I don't like to use my mic either.

Nah it's straight up retarded. If someone goes public with a nsfw avatar then it should just auto switch them to something else

Doesn't that look messed up whenever you pick up objects?

Gonna be honest, I check my uploads pretty carefully when it takes a good chunk of time to upload. Can you at least appeal it?

Everyone says sexy avatars are ok in private servers so the option isn't useless, but a warning on the selection would be nice.

Or, y'know, just forbid avatars marked as lewd from being used in public worlds, the fucking retards.

yeah it's the circle thumbpads, 8 directions correspond to the 8 hand gestures

You the guy from earlier? Come to Jerrys Ill tell you

vrpill said that the options were being removed in the future anyways

is 20 bucks too much to ask per model to import for someone who is willing to pay?

what kind of models you looking for

If it takes you an hour or less, charge 10 bucks, otherwise 20 is fine.

>minimum wage for an entertainment-oriented technical service
fuck off

No you fuck off, cunt. You starving artist NEETs are all the same. Charging 20 dollars to do ten minutes of work that any idiot could do by watching 10 minutes of youtube is fucking exploitation.

Hey does anyone else have an issue in VRChat where they cannot hear the in-game music in clubs? I have this problem in the Void Club and others alike, for some reason everyone else can hear the music but me.

I am a desktop user and I have all the settings on default.

that's less than minimum wage even

my time is worth more than pennies