/tgg/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

>/tgg/
the fuck is this shit someone make a real thread

>Beat a Feng twice
>He leaves
>Match up with him again but this time its my promo
>He starts ungaing out doing completely random shit just to win

Fuck ranked

TEGGEN GENERAL :DDDD

/tgg/? are you retarded?

I just tried the Dragon Ball Beta. Do you think Tekken 8 will also have 1 button combos? It seems to be a trend in modern fighting games.

>/tgg/ - tekken games general

I mean... alright

Tekken's physics aren't that simple.

>one button combos
the fuck

you mash 1 button and it automatically does the right moves for the combo.

I did say DBFZ would be dead on arrival months ago but nobody listened

>you mash 1 button and it automatically does the right moves for the combo.
This has to be a joke

Tekken 7 did that already with the story assist button, right?
don't tell me that's actually in player matches

It is.

I remember that persona game doing the same thing, I haven't played it yet but I guess it's just an option for an easy baby mode combo and if you want big boy damage you do it yourself.

Right but just like every streamlined feature, it makes watching the fights less interesting because if someone is choking hard and gets a launch they can just do the babby combo.

Instead in Tekken if you're choking then you're dead

in tekken "choking" means fucking up once and getting juggled for twenty seconds

How would you want it to work? A choking player is rewarded?

I have no interest in anime fighters but that sounds like a non-issue. New players will have their babby combos they can mash but as they progress they will need to do the stronger optimal combos. Doubt you'd see any of the one button combos in comp for that game.

I dont know how DBFZ works ( or how 2D fighters work for that matter ) but I can already tell that if a character has a big panic move launcher that "crushes" or whatever, theyre going to instantly be top tier.

Are you kidding? Having 1 button combos means you will never EVER drop one combo because you do the big ones when you are confident, and mash it out when youre not.

no I just get mad at juggling and getting juggled forever

The only way to get dragonballs is by using the autocombo. So it's arguably better to do autocombos and get the shenron buff, than to go for optimal dmg.

I just promoted from Grand Master to Marauder against 1 guy

I actually feel kind of bad but I wonder how he got to Grand Master with only 37 wins like that

Don't do unsafe shit that gets you launched and you'll see improvements

That sound so bad..

>Having 1 button combos means you will never EVER drop one combo
What's your point? There are easy mode combos in Tekken as well that you'd have to be a retard to drop, doesn't make them optimal and means you're missing out on more damage.
put it this way, if some retard is doing the babymode combos and getting 30% life while the other guy is getting 50-60%, the latter is going to win far more often.
Combos aren't everything either, decision making and game knowledge is what defines a good player.

And they expect people to watch that shit?

Friendly reminder that if you are about to die in DBFZ you can press a button that restores your healthbar immediately while pushing the enemy away

Isn't it one of the Shenron wishes?

I dont know but it's still bullshit

i'm not even sure if you're being ironic or not.

how should I deal with ducking and low spam with bryan?

go on

Orbital.

spacing

>Doubt you'd see any of the one button combos in comp for that game.
Actually, people have already found a bug in the game where auto combos have less pushback or something. Allegedly, you can use partial auto-combos to create quasi-infinites.

>I actually feel kind of bad but I wonder how he got to Grand Master with only 37 wins like that
He has another main or multiple mains in greens and he's learning a new character. You played his new character.

I never played that game, is that really a feature? If so that's pretty pathetic.

BOY the DBFZ beta just saved me 70€.

Who hyped for the "mixed reviews" rating in the DBFZ steam store page

/tekgen/ - /tgg/ - /DBFZ hate general/

People really want dragonball to suck, huh?

did i enter a dragon ball thread by accident

The story mode looks cool so casuals will love it.

It's an adverse effect of all the annoying artificial hype. I wouldnt give a shit about the game but after forcing me to watch an half hour of a staged match during the TWT finals I take every occasion I can get to shit on it

We could also talk about hitboxes again.

Piccolo is cool as fuck I hope we get Piccolo as a guest fighter in T8

>got so buttblasted that he now has to shit on the people who proved that his gay cuckstick is trash

l e l

Are autocombos in DBFZ easier on a hitbox?

nonono lets stevepost instead

who /steveislowtier/ here?

>projectiles
>10 moves, each with three half circles and two quarter circles
>jumps and flies all over the place

No.

Yeah but demosweep is harder

I love this general

But we hate anime so get the FUCK out

>press random for shits and giggles
>lol okay
>3 people disconnected in load screen
it's that bad huh?

Me, make his db2 -14 but unseeable

but Harada loves anime so anime must be alright

>-14
aren't you generous

Who did you get?

fuck you

-14 is pretty harsh for a low, m8

it's basically who cares tier because only like 3 characters have a ws launcher that fast
it's like a standing move being -11 instead of -10 or -13 instead of -12

Kazuya, Eddy, Josie, Raven, Bob, Jin, Devil Jin, and Lucky Chloe off the top of my head can all launch -14 lows

The rest has big punishes for them

Lili. why did I forget to mention this?

All this time I thought Steve's d/b+2 was launch punishable for some reason.

Nah it's -12, nobody can launch it.

how does dj launch it

Miguel, Akuma, Geese, Eliza, Lee with Rage, Kazumi with Rage, maybe bears at the wall with rage

nah not DJ

I thought his ws2 was 14 frames like regular Jin, my bad

>Miguel
I knew I had forgotten about someone. And yeah 2D characters and some with rage as well, for example Steve gets his RA

Fuck, the Steve vs Yoshi match-up makes me irrationally angry. That shit is such a fucking chore for Steve.

Why's that?

when is yoshi not annoying

Come the fuck on this is bullshit

Thanks for not providing the notation of the move nor the character who has it

Every matchup is a bad matchup for Steve. They can just get the lead and turtle and it's impossible to win, everyone knows that

you're forgetting that you get a full (albeit difficult) combo on ch

this but unironically

Is this the best low poke or what

Steve relies on DCK canceling moves to make them safe. Primarily, he relies on DCK canceling to make d/f+2 -9 instead of unsafe.

The problem is that Yoshi can visually confirm the DCK and flash it on reaction every time - rendering several of Steve's best tools pretty useless.

There's also the fact that Steve can't launch flash so stonefist FC/flash mix-ups are pretty obnoxious as far as he's concerned.

Yeah it's great.

Yeah well it's impossible to argue against the point that Steve has no high-impact mixup. He kinda chips away at the opponent until the big Ch read comes, and if it doesn't - it will take a while to get those small pokes worth of damage in, and every low Steve has is a big risk except for maybe fc df1, and even that is heavily disadvantageous on block.

This is a cool guessing game actually. I'm going to post frame data and people have to guess what move is it.
It's Xiaoyu's db4 by the way

Can't Steve just do df2 without the DCK transition, bait flash, and whiff-punish it?
That still sucks for Steve tho

Ah, who gives a shit. It makes too much space on hit for the framedata to mean anything

Nah, because the DCK animation is super obvious. You can easily see it and flash it every time. The same principle applies to Steve's d+2,1 and 1,2,1,2 strings, which also rely on DCK cancels.

u wot
df2 without dck is unsafe, like -14

wew that really sucks. At least Yoshi still has to respect b+1,b

brb maining yoshi

I need to learn how to use PAB properly. Every time I try, it just seems like I guess wrong and get hopkicked.

But flash wont punish it because it's too far.
Anyways the guy said that the Yoshi player can visually confirm whether Steve canceled into DCK or not so it doesnt matter

pab2 is a GOAT button if you hit with the fc df1, kills jabs straight up because of its properties, CH launches every slower option, and so force the opponent to either commit to a highcrush and thus opening themselves up to pab df2, pab uf2 for a big read option, or pab df1 for a quick mid that leaves you neutral on hit and leaves them in the same situation

also backlash pab b2 and the meme strings are a thing

if the fc df1 gets blocked though just crouch cancel the pab, you're - as fuck even with the transition

i love pab2 its my wife

i wish rage drives looked cool.

Wait no, you're full of shit. I just tested this by recording Steve doing df2 into DCK into db and then stand-blocking, and then I tried flashing it.

He blocked flash both with sword and without sword. My guess is you're trash at DCK cancelling

maybe you're trash at flashing my man

Sorry were you saying something?

No, df2 into DCK cannot be flashed, simple as that.

Did you try it on a hitbox?

epic meme but yes I do have a hitbox.

For the record d2,1 DCK can be flashed, but df2 cannot

what are the active frames on a low parry