/wtg/ - War Thunder General

M60A1 RISE with ERA Edition

Previously on /wtg/: >Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
pcgamer.com/the-best-pc-joysticks/

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

First for Russian Bias

first for slav genocide cannot come soon enough

>play sim
>cap a point and die
>respawn
>immediately killed by HS-129
Fun.

Holy shit the SU-100 is fun, its like a railgun.

DON'T join JG 508

You're not even good enough

cry more shitters

>CA Lorraine can be penned frontally by the US 90mm
Is the CA Lorraine just useless at its BR?

reminder to report and ignore shitposting

thats exactly what a shitter would say

>no u
The absolute power levels of shitters

>pulkzerstorer shoots all around me and flies right past me
>twice
How bad can naziboos be?

Who's ready for EXTRA WARCRIMES tomorrow?
It's EXTRA warcrimes because regular Panther was already warcrime))))))
someone please fucking kill me I made sure to grind every fucking task for this and I just know it's going to end up being not worth it

I've gotten up to day 12 so far, skipped one. if I finish the next one quick I'll end up buying the one I skipped with app GE

>shitter insists he isnt a shitter
lmaoing at ur life

>still no Reggiane planes

How about you try flying that instead? It's not the kind of aircraft you can just jump in and kill shit when you have the upper hand. It takes quite a bit of getting used to. Someone new to the aircraft will inevitably have a hard time hitting shit.

I was literally flying in a straight line both times.

Its no different to the P-63 or the Yak-9.

>Panther

>8.3 tanks is utterly unplayable due to MBT 70s and T-64s

I don't know what I expected.

I've got fuck-all for playtime in it and I still managed to pull this off, it's not that hard user
Certainly against a smaller, faster and likely maneuvering target it'd be difficult, but it's like said - not much different from something else with a tank-caliber gun, maybe even slighter easier because of the muzzle velocity and range

this entire thread
>"waaaaa im so shit why is that person so much better than me?! waaaaaaaaa gaijin im not handheld!"

t. very fair and balanced IS-6/Object 906/whatever meme slav(e) tank

French tank BRs are really weird. There aren't enough tanks that are close enough in BR to form a line up where you're not always uptiered.

>we're not getting the Reggaine for the Festive eevent unlock
>we're getting a French 190

Feels bad.

That's not a rapid firing autocannon, you can't just put your sights on something and click
Also, god forbid if it's stock, you won't be able to hit the side of a maus from 500m

Not quite, since jet combat happens at much higher speeds. This makes accurate leading that much more important. Also, having a machine gun to use to approximate lead is extremely helpful, but the 262/50 has no such luxury

Dunno why, but I find long range shots so much easier to pull off than hitting a fighter 600m out. It's probably due to the fact that the gun doesn't quite shoot at the virtual crosshair.

>lorraine 40t gets nuked but doesn't show it on fire until after I shoot
>IS-3 rounds corner and nukes me as I'm halfway through reloading
of course

>not plinking with MG's first
your fault

I'm Hyped for W A R C R I M E S,
but I know it's just gonna be "meh" so I'm already kind of dissapointed.

teammate shot it just before I did

Reggianes belong in the regular tree. Not as event vehicles

>tank shell goes right above my head
>tank explodes

>AEC
>Fw189
>Greyhound
>Pakwagen(?)
>P-40C
I really don't think that matters to gaijin

>shoot low-flying plane with 120mm APDS
>'hit'
proceeds as nothing happened

What does the rearward facing guy in the Puma do? It says machine gunner but I don't see a machine gun back there.

It's the rear driver, basically both the Germans and British light armoured cars had a wheel and pedals at the back that allowed them to go back super quick in case they got in some real big shit.

That's basically it, the guy just sits there and drives backwards when needed.

>tiger II APHE hits my road wheel doesn't immediately disintegrate
>ammunition load exploded
FUCK OFF

>shitters still don't get what overpenetration of light target means
>they expect to just hullbreak all the light vehicles they come across with tungsten rods
>even planes
Holy fucking shit

He should be a driver, because as we see on the Pak puma, there is a steering wheel there. Pumas could be driven forwards or in "reverse" just as well.
Instead )))))))))))))))))))))is just another "useful" crew member))))))))))))))))))))))))

>>they expect to just hullbreak all the light vehicles they come across with tungsten rods
oh shit it's you again, the faggot who thinks the puma shouldn't disappear when a T34 AP round is sent through its front

>Rear driver
Seems like a waste of space and weight, having to make room for a 150 lbs second driver plus all his gear and controls.

>hit tiger 2 with 152mm HE
>nothing happens
>hit panther with 90mm AP from M46
>nothing happens
when will this German bias end?

>North spawn on Port Novo
I mean this is basically an instant lose condition isn't it? It's impressive just how shit this map is designed.

>HE doing anything in WT
122mm HE should one-shot panthers but it doesnt even scratch paint.

you have a 50% chance of HE detonating the ammo, if you hit it

HE is literally the most useless round in the game.

It honestly does jack shit and should be removed.

>he wants to nuke a vehicle which is made out of tin can thick armor with with a 12cm steel dildo
>he actually expects to do more damage than just a pair 12cm holes and some shrapnel here and there
XD

HAHAH IT REALLY IS (YOU)

yeah because you know I bet an me262 would fly totally fine if a 7.6kg tungsten rod moving at 4392km/h blasted through it (its tail, to be precise)

>can delete the Lorraine 40t, CA Lorraine, Ru 251, Leopard I, JPz 4-5, Object 906, PT-76B, ASU-85, BMP-1, and ZSU-XX with the T34 AP instantly
>Puma is way too far! how can you expect to be so handheld, america?
I can't believe a 120mm (4.7") diameter hole at almost 950m/s that would cause god knows what damage to the steering column and turret due to spalling and damage, not to mention the crew inside, shouldn't be expected to remove it

Unfortunately the fuselage is not strong enough to let the shell exert enough force on the tail to snap it off. The aluminum skin which can be less than a millimeter thick in some cases just gives way and the shell passes through

F4U-5 at 6.3 when?

>I can't believe a 120mm (4.7") diameter hole at almost 950m/s (yes because holes can travel now) that would cause some damage to the steering column (transmission), turret and crew inside due to little spalling, should be expected to remove it
FTFY

>Get uptiered
>Cannot pen 90% of the enemies I face
>Be practically useless all game before being penned through my might as well be paper armor

>I almost had to argue your point, but you made a typo haha good luck pal
Tell me how a field crew could repair a transmission that's been completely obliterated by a 120mm projectile traveling at 940m/s. I know you'll just try to make something up so you don't have to admit it should just hull break (any large caliber round destroying the drive train or transmission of a light vehicle ends up with it hull broken), so don't even bother replying.

>The Ferdiand does better at the 105mm Tiger II's BR than the Tiger does
>It can actually take hits
>it can actually damage things

Really fucking made me think.

Don't even try to talk about it on r****t, they'll tell you to stop whining or deal with it
>not shills at all

>Next you are going to say to fix tracks on a tank it should take a couple hours
>Is only game why you heff to be mad

>suspension of disbelief

I missed the first 2 so I'll have to make sure to get the last remaining few.

>engine cowling goes black

>Playing Soviet Ground Forces
>Get allied with Germany

>be handheld nigger
>complain
???

Germany would probably have a 10% winrate if they didn't get carried by their teammates, whoever they may be.

>stuka d-5 drops bomb
>don't even hear the whistle
>it's not even near me whatsoever, and I was looking in a complete 360 before I even knew a plane was over me
>I still explode
>my 1000lb bombs wouldn't even scratch a motherfucker
the handholding never stops, does it

I've got 12 already... strangely, I've managed the '2018' score task every time, so far. I was expecting a bit more of a grind today, but managed a kill streak which also netted me the 'Christmas light' task simultaneously.

Never played Panthers really... Got the 4 unlocked, but none of them spaded... guess I'll make a Panther line-up when I get the new one.

>Type 65 can be flipped completely over with the fuckhuge tower getting completely submerged in the ground
Holy FUCK turret collision when?
I'd ask for gun collision too but shitters would just whine about not being able to poke their barrels through corners

yeah user I'm sure 10.4kJ won't do any difference to that plane

>get premium
>game realizes that I may grind too fast
oh great another one of these fucking days

>simulator battles is just getting bombed by P-47's in spawn while French tanks cross the map in three seconds and fire into the back of people just joining the game

gas the fucking slavs

To the user that brought the information that this things was on sale, thank you. It's outrageously fun.

Good for bullying AA trucks and oblivious M10s.

>playing tanks
>2018
Jesus christ, you faggots are so pathetic.

>chases nametags
>falls asleep
fun!

>doesn’t have even the most basic understanding of terminal ballistics
>continues to argue
I wonder who could be behind this post

>energy go nowurrr

How does it effectively transfer its energy if the projectile just travels through and barely is slowed?

>planes have no mass whatsoever

>M36
>catch a Panther 2 perfectly side on at 15 meters in the city on Maginot
>AP round into his upper side
>shell vanishes, literally no trace
>he rotates around and deletes me

""""""""esports ready"""""""""

How does a bullet deform a soda can if the can is paper thin?

of course they don't user, how do you think they fly?

NIGGERS

>a tungsten sabot designed to defeat 10 inches of hardened steel will be materially slowed by less than 1/2 inch of aluminum

So if I was reading the event page right. I don't miss out on anything that matters for not getting all 15 gifts yeah?

You saved yourself a whole lot of pain, suffering and dissapointment.

No event ever was a good event.

>M24
>Run into a 4,3 KV-1
>Can't pen the front. Smoke him and get behind.
>3 shots into his transmission at point blank, no angle.
>They all bounce.

Gaijin RNG. At least it's not as bad as Wargaming's.

>it's designed to do x so y wouldn't have any effect on it
motherfucker an armor piercing bullet is designed to defeat armor but it would probably tumble if it went through wood

>need to stay up all day so I can go to sleep at a normal time
>determined to research the m48 before the day ends
>can hardly get more than 2 kills in a match now
I can literally feel my brain turn to mush

Nah. If you complete 16 of the 'Christmas lights' tasks for either tanks or aircraft you get a title though.

early war fiddy belts make me want to cry, they're useless

Bullets aren't hard user. Your standard shit you mutts but at walmart is not made to pierce armor, so upon contact with the soda can it deforms, since lead is quite malleable, and thus it becomes capable of transferring enough energy to the can to deform it.

>being this dumb
There is literally no reason that a KE penetrator would tumble or deform from simply hitting the tail of an Me.262. It would defeat anything it came into contact with and would continue to fly

>abandoned factory
>whole team rushes C and dies
Getting real fucking sick of this shit

When?

explain Otto Carius then you triple nigger

What's the best map and why is it Middle East?

ok

He got shot in the leg with a machine gun. The bullet didn’t hit any bone and just passed through. Full-power rifle rounds like 7.62x54mmR can just icepick through. Especially if it’s AP

test driving the t-64 A using HE rounds acts like a heat-fs round wtf Gaijin))))

>test drive
according to test drive you can frontally penetrate a Centurion with a P.26/40 with its APHE

>Ru 251 survives APHE to the side of the turret
Gaijin really doesn't want me to research anything today