www.games2gether.com
>Planets Stats
imgur.com/w5RO8TH.jpg
>Ships Stats
pastebin.com/aabCNGau
>Horatio splicing guide
pastebin.com/1cH8sqEH
>Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/392110/manuals/User%27s_Manual_-_Endless_Space_2.pdf
>ES2 politics guide.
pastebin.com/pDUQDpwA
>Comics
wiki.endless-space.com/comics
>Soundtrack
soundcloud.com/flybyno/sets/endless-space-2-soundtrack
>ES2 prequel
www.games2gether.com/endless-legend/forum/6-game-design/thread/3572-the-last-flight-of-the-gray-owl

ENDLESS LEGEND
>Manual:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf
>Wiki:
endlesslegendwiki.com
endless-legend.wikia.com

STALEARIS
>Pastebin:
pastebin.com/YHdisqem
>Wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com
>The Development of Stellaris en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_hell

CIVILIZATION
>Browser Civ Game, plays like civ2
play.freeciv.org
>Civ IV XML fix
www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
>Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE):
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
>Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot:
www.multiplayerrobot.com
>Civ 5 Mods
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
>Civ 5 More Mods
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
>Civ 5 Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
>District Cheat Sheet:
civ6.gamepedia.com/District

ALPHA CENTAURI
>Essential improvements:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements

MICROPROSE
>MoM
www.myabandonware.com/game/master-of-magic-21t
>Wiki
masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Mod
>MoO 2
gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-orion-ii-battle-at-antares

DISTANT WORLDS : UNIVERSE
pastebin.com/hubsc3ZS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GYvAL8Q4SHg
youtube.com/watch?v=hXT4Rc1ATOA
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1100284147
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=701432146
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ok /civ/, let's try and start this thread off right so we don't mess up like last time.

>this thread

can wiz fix his game?

No

i don't get it

It is an example of very bad, very stupid coding, and gives a person zero confidence that the Stellaris team knows how to do anything.

They know how to release DLC

Lets say you have a building and no one under six feet is allowed in. You could say "If you are under six feet, you can not enter" or you could say "If you are under 1 feet or under 2 feet or under 3 feet or under 4 feet or under 5 feet or under 6 feet you can not enter". They communicate the same information, but one way makes everyone assume you are retarded.

What happened? Another weeb spam?

wiz locked the thread for overwhelming negativity

What would the Galactic Empire from Star Wars be ethics wise in Stellaris? Fanatical Authoritarian/Xenophobe?

I bet this new mid-game crisis is going to be a letdown

Wake up

At the rate he's going, no. He will die of old age before he fixes it.

Rate.

He'll likely die of old age before admitting his game has a problem.

I like the flag but the rest is...

What do people actually enjoy about Stellaris?

Autism probably, the game fucking sucks.

I'm about to buy Imperium Galactica 2 on steam since it's actually fucking good.

Have you bought Stellaris and all its DLCs yet?

I like to roleplay empires. It is also a lazy game, so I can watch Netflix while playing.

Well go find a city to throw your liberty away in, fag.

aw yes
youtu.be/GYvAL8Q4SHg

Fun in MP and for roleplay but it's incredibly dull if you're looking for something actually challenging or interesting.

It's a Skinner box.
Also I like it because repetition has made me very good at it, and combined with its general idle-game-ness means I can do like and shitpost while playing.

/civ4xg/ forgets its a vassal to /gsg/

>Massive space avatar of raw psionic power rampagin through space
>Materialists: PSIONICS AREN'T REAL

Why are they such a meme ethics?

Materialists believe that reality begets consciousness. Spiritualists, on the other hand, have the grand unified theory that consciousness begets reality.

All evidence points to Spiritualists being at least partially right.

>When you put Laser turret on a tracked tank with range extension pod

I hate the fucking research in salaris, I've wasted all weekend trying to play this fucking game. These fucking people don't know what they're doing, this is the same reason why pillars of eternity sucked so bad, the only way to go through the game was to meta game 100% of the time and it sucked ALL of the fun out of it. I remember playing BG2 and going meta and then laying the smack dab on most encounters. Meanwhile in Pillars the autism just expands, you can't fucking heal, the interaction has this fucked up system where your alignment is a ball and chain or you get none of the bonuses, han didn't shoot first I guess.

And if you make a complaint about how much stellaris fucking SUCKS, you get a wall of fanboys with their noses in the fucking air going on about " it takes time to master the art of their games. " Fuck off, even auto search for science vessels is a research you can't choose to research when you want.

>/gsg/ fag forgets his genre is made for ADHD retards who can't into real strategy games like 4X and RTS

>/gsg/ does a retard screech whenever 4X games are brought up
>4X games make their own thread
>/gsg/ acts like there's still some kind of relationship there
The best analogy I can come up with is that /gsg/ is an abusive father who kicks his kids to the curb when they're teenagers, and then they grow up to be pretty successful and suddenly he wants to be friends again.

>stellaris
>covfefe system
>contains just a gas giant

what did paradox mean by this ?

Authoritarian, Xenophobe, Militarist, but if you have to include a fanatic ethic then what you have would work well

no

Why would I ever vassalize systems I already control?

>tfw the NPCs know they are in a video game and commit mass suicide
Dang it, Wiz. I'm trying to enjoy a video game here.

Right, thanks. Is there a way to change the name of units? I.E. instead of being called defense army they can be called Imperial Army and assault armies can be called Stormtroopers?

I've never understood this logic in fiction. Why would you give a shit if something like that turned out to be true?

Should have looked at the text files before asking. The answer is yes you can.

I'm with you. Life is life, simulation or not. However people like to feel important and don't like it when they turn out to be less important than they previously thought.

Endless Space 2 or Stellaris?

neither do i, user
conan's talk about life is something to live by

Depends on what you want out. I have had a lot of fun with Stellaris, but it can be super boring after the second or third game. The mid game doesn't exist, strategy is about who can build a bigger blob, and there is effectively only one win condition.

>tfw start my first game of Horatio
>One of the first curiosities I discover are Vodyani exiles

Does anyone know how to change the descriptions for armies? I've been trying to find what text file they are in and looking at mod files and failing.

What did e mean by this?

Splice them fast as you probably have noticed that they half system food production.

They forgot how to make new walls, so he is asking you to not break their last one.

Where the fuck do you see autism in Stellaris?
It's normie garbage, fer chrissake.

>There is not a single Special Goverment or Government Civic for Xenophile Empires.

What did Wiz mean by this?

Stellaris seems to be devoid of memes.

So whats the stellaris combat meta now? Plasma and more plasma?

I only listen to one YouTuber and he seems to contradict himself. Generally I believe plasma is best, but you should switch depending on what you plan on fighting, mostly shield counter vs armor counter.

It has amazing pacing and empire development

Not a single other 4x game has AI that can keep up as well as Stellaris AI can, which is made more fun by the fact that sometimes its a friendly spiritualist and sometimes a asshole militaristic xenophobe. It creates a universe that actually looks alive, changes continuously and is always able to throw a challenging enemy at you. Thats not to say the AI is exactly smart, its just able to maintain scientific/economic parity with the player which doesnt sound like much but it is if you play other 4x games.

Nearly every other 4x game is a total shitshow where the AI is either impossibly hard or stupidly easy.

>and gives a person zero confidence that the Stellaris team knows how to do anything.
Except make one of the most successful 4x games of all time :^)

I think it is still the kinetic artillery to knock down shields and plasma to fuck their faces.

Cruisers with Kinetic artillery/plasma

I keep seeing that Cruisers are OP but I dont know what slots to use, do you do a mix of of S and L or just M or what?

Kinetic artillery front, rest medium plasma. Kinetics will tear down enemy shields, plasma will tear through their hulls. You can also throw in PD cruisers or destroyers with PD to counter enemy missile/fighter spam.

I genuinely like stellaris

Will Civ VI ever be as popular as Civ V?

Understandably, you have to take a Civ game with all of its DLC for the full experience and fun, but with RISE AND FALL coming out for Civ VI, I'm not too terribly impressed nor excited for anything it's bringing to the table for the game. Heck, I'm still playing Civ V over Civ VI whenever I'm playing video games. One of the biggest problems is that there's still no accessible and intuitive Map Making SDK for Civ VI yet, just this shitty and needlessly hassle-ly way to tediously customize a map literally TILE-BY-TILE in the in-game. It's ridiculous and by no means passable as a serious custom map maker system. Even the unique aspects of the game we were promised are being delivered only slowly: despite being months since its release, we've only a handful of civs in Civ VI who have more than one leader, and none of them have more than two, though new civilizations like Australia and Netherlands are welcome (holding out for Canada!).

Furthermore, new changes from launch are still off-putting to me. The leaders' models are, frankly, lazily-done. There's no interesting environment around them, just a boring and lazy black screen and small strip of a painting behind them. The models look half aesthetically cool and half ugly as sin, and there's obvious and unprofessional clipping. While I personally like the map's art and style, a lot of people hate it, likening it to an iPad game. Some of the mechanics are changed for the better, like luxury resources being quantified, but then the Science-Government tree split is too much for me to keep track of (though I am pretty bad at games in general, so maybe most players don't have as big a problem as I do keeping up).

While it still has one more big DLC expansion to go to really complete it, is anyone here honestly even playing Civ VI or can even imagine them playing it anytime in the future? I think I'd rather stay with V until I see what VII offers, thank you.

Civ 6 will be infinitely more popular than Civ 5... on the ipad.

How do iPad games do so well? It's like they own some exclusive, MASSIVE market of people who don't read, play sports, or have even brought consoles or computers. Not too young nor too old to be able to understand games, even if their mechanics are slightly more advanced than Clash of Clans or Candy Crush.

It's like its a whole sub-nation of consumers who somehow have the time and money to spend hundreds of dollars per person on an iPhone game. It's a complete mystery. Who are these people? How come they love these games so much but have played literally nothing else beyond a touch screen?? I am convinced it is simply magic, and it's just easier to know that iPad=$$$money$$$.

Alright thanks user

Introducing new people to a series is a big deal when it comes to sales.

I dont think it will ever catch up because the DLC shows they are cash grabbing

Maybe Civ VII will beat V, but VI is dead.

I think the idea within the Simulation Argument is generally that if you do something cuh-ray-zee enough you might be able to convince the creators to upgrade you.
Alternatively you could consider it as an expression of radical freedom, of the liberty-or-death variety. If I were Jim Carey in the Truman Show I'd certainly be inclined to spite my creator for his prurience.

>It creates a universe that actually looks alive
You would have votten away with it too, but this line gave you away, Wiz.
Stellaris universe looks fucking dead as a dodo. There is no civilian traffic in the entire game; zero, zilch, squatch. The fucking planets don't even move along their orbits!

Stellaris is not in the "top 10 4X games of all time" by literally ANY metric.

Well Stellaris seems much better than a year ago, however it still feels like you are praying to rngejus way too hard every time you start a game.

Was it too much to ask a company that came up with the EU series, Victoria and CK to incorporate elements from all of the games that made them into a successful company when they finally had free reign in a setting?

I find that Stellaris dramatically improves if you always set it to max AI empires.
Previously I spent a lot of time RNGing my galaxy setup, but when you only put 5 players on a 1000 star map it's so boring you just want to kill yourself.

-Load thread
-Read this post, never saw that event before in stellaris
-realize I'm listening to "reality is a game" 4d amusement park from Star Ocean 3 where people can enter and exist through time sheerly for their own amusement

youtube.com/watch?v=hXT4Rc1ATOA

heh.

I've been spoiled all the major twists of the Star Ocean series, but never played it. I should some day.

Empress Theodora Went from Brothels to the Great Palace of Constantinople

Theodora began life as far from political power as she possible: she was born to an actress and a bear trainer. Much of her early history remains obscure, but historians generally agree she was a prostitute, actress, and Christian ascetic before the age of 20, and was engaged as a mistress to men of power and influence. Too bad her dad didn't teach her any bear training.

In 522 AD, when she was in her early 20s, Theodora met Justinian, heir to the Byzantine Empire. Though Justinian fell madly in love with her, he could not marry her, since it was forbidden for public officials to marry actresses. His solution? Change the law. Justinian assumed the throne in 527 AD with Theodora at his side.

Theodora was her husband's most trusted advisor and used that position to privilege her own interests, including protections for women and children. Though her rivals and critics may have painted her as the biggest whore in Christendom, Theodora had the final word in her own story: she became an Eastern Orthodox saint.

>biggest whore in Christendom
>not Mary Magdalene

Opening just about any history book makes you realize how in ages past, the world was unbelievably, cruel, unfair, and tortuous (and still is in many places). We live in a relatively blessed time/culture.

You mean apart from critical reception, sales and current population

The bit about the Byzantine empire I like the least wasn't so much the final Turkish end as the long sliding decline, when various Emperors were obliged to "marry" their princesses off to various Avar/Bulgar/Khosian kings to cement military alliances.

Just think of those young women: some of the richest and noblest of their era, literate, educated, multilingual - plucked from their lives of drawing rooms and marble palaces, and packaged off to live in some dung-scented yurt to live as the fuckdoll sow of some Dark Age horse lord.

>Just think of those young women: some of the richest and noblest of their era, literate, educated, multilingual - plucked from their lives of drawing rooms and marble palaces, and packaged off to live in some dung-scented yurt to live as the fuckdoll sow of some Dark Age horse lord.
And people wonder why women are so pissed off all the time

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>There is no civilian traffic in the entire game; zero, zilch, squatch. The fucking planets don't even move along their orbits!
Literally fucking irrelevant. Also if that bothered you so much fixed by a mod.

By alive I mean changing races sizes and continuous wars and conflict across the galaxy as federations rise and fall. Shit that actually matters not fucking cosmetics.

Should I play Master of Orion III or Sword of the Stars II?

Stellaris

>want to get his last planet and be done with him
>can't because he has 3 more friends and I would have to go to great lengths to meet the required warscore
Why can't paradox make a 4x properly?

Do not play SotS2, it is a trainwreck. It was a trainwreck on release and they never managed to fix it. P. sure Kerberos is basically dead after how badly it flopped.

Holy shit i dont know anything about coding and it still hurts.

Fuck off Wiz

Sword of the Stars I, and pray you never run into these niggers.

> West Berlin is such a stupid tiny enclave, I should be able to overrun it easily
> what the fuck, if I invade it the NATO powers will fight me tooth and nail to preserve West German independence?
> this is bullshit, 1950s shit game
t. Ioseb Jughashvili

I enjoy more how proper 4Xs do war, that is, when you capture a city, you actually capture a city, instead of playing a minigame of numbers

Is this mod decent to improve the so needed empire variety on Stellaris?

>no talking about the best 4x of the last few years in a 4x general
Okay

No, and really, it looks like shit.

If you want to improve Empire variety in Stellaris you might want to use Cultural Overhaul
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1100284147
which is incompatible with almost eveyrhing, or this
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=701432146

The mod you posted only adds more Species traits, not actual variety on Empires.

But I want actual diverse aliens species, not just different ethics/civics

Well 2.0 Stellaris is supposed to be edging closer towards this, in that you exercise de facto control (i.e. power of taxation) over what you've captured, and wars are now able to end uti possidetis.

Annoyingly there's no visual change shown so far on the galactic map for de facto control, which I really want.