Should I even bother repaying my student loans?

Should I even bother repaying my student loans?

>have to log in to 5 different sites because government incompetence
>"have trouble repaying? get income based repayment"
>click
>"you're ineligible!"
>contact them
>"apply for income based repayment lol"
>log in to site #4
>"update your password"
>"you can't use a password you've used previously"
>"change your account options"
>no actual information on site, just an account information loop

McDonalds has better customer service than this. You fucks want my money, give me a way to give it to you without this bullshit. Fuck the government. I make my money in cash anyway, what are they gonna do? The most useless online "contact us" form ever, no matter what I write it just spews some automatic FAQ shit that doesn't help me. I don't want to call you fucks and talk to some shaniqua, I hate calling. What if I were mute?

They don't even act like they want my money. Never have I had so much fucking trouble paying someone.

How much debt do you have?
How much do you make?

50k debt divided in two loans, one at 6% other at 7%, give or take.

I make maybe 14,000 a year, really no way to tell, depends on hours and tips. Living expenses are 7k a year due to magic hax.

You need to make more, brother. Work harder, get another (better job) etc.

>I don't want to call you fucks and talk to some shaniqua, I hate calling.
Reported to FBI for raycism :)

I've been going through some kf this as well, I feel your pain studejt debt is a bitch. Here's my suggestion, you can do a few things:

Betwen the two loans find out if they are sub devided into packets. Sally what ends up happening is that when you pay your loan ammount it gets split betwene the packets. Find out if you can focus your payments towards the SMALLEST packet, if youncan do that. Kill it and consolidate thebfunds to the next smalles andnwork your way up.

If you are up for it you can try to get one of the jobs listed on the Govt website that would qualify for student loan forgiveness like social work or nonprofit work. You may need to do that for a few years (2-5) to get it but it might be better than working for tips.

You can refinance and consolidate your loans but be warned if youndo you won't be able to do government loan forgiveness and maye incomb base repayment plans. Youndonhave the advantage though of possible lower interest rates and one bill, but do the math and see which js better. If I come across anything else I'll let you know.

Hang in there!

Refinance your federal loan with a private loan, then default, declare bankruptcy, and never pay it. Federal loans never expire even if youre bankrupt, private loans have a statute of limitations so they cant harass you after a few years. They will try to embarass you though by contacting people you know

Does that actually work? Still a student loan if it's private?

Does anyone use StudentLoanHero? "It's the Mint of Student Loans." At least it would solve the problem of logging in to 5 different websites and searching 3 hours to find information on the shit.

I don't want to declare bankruptcy. I just don't want any problems if I happen to come into money later, which I am working towards. The problem is that at the moment I'm a penniless bum.

Trying, bro. Been turned down for everything. I must have sent 300 applications, did about 10 interviews, fucking nothing. "Not enough experience." I applied to shit that doesn't even need a degree and got turned down.

I do have one offer for a 16/hr job, seasonal, next winter, if I want to move 1800 miles away for it. I think the guy offered out of pity thinking I wouldn't take it, but he'd probably go through on it. But rent there is expensive and I can't use my rent-avoiding trick in that area, so I won't be making money, just the experience. But it would be sort of a working vacation I guess.

I don't understand what difference the packets make, assuming it's all at the same interest rate. I think I looked at the government jobs and they want 10+ years of slavery, I don't plan to wageslave that long.

>> I don't understand what difference the packets make, assuming it's all at the same interest rate.

Sometimes they're not, I had a loan for $12,600 at 6.870% and I thought that was it but when I called in to pay they asked me which packet I wanted to apply my payment to. I found out that my loan was spit 4 ways between unsubsidized and subsidized laons and because of that I had a few packets with 2.9% interest and other with 7.25% which all averaged out to be 6.780%. It does no harm in asking for a packet break dowj and to see if you can have the entirety of your regular monthly payment targeted to the smallest packet. Otherwise you are soreading everything very thinly across all packets.

I have them divided by year, by parent plus versus fed sub and fed unsub. Is that what you mean by packets? And apparently they are at different rates by year. My total is now 56k, 5k of which is compounded interest. Pretty gay. At least this loan hero thing lets me see them all.

My monthly total will be about $600 payments. I could technically afford that but just barely. Should I bitch to get it lowered?

What the fuck is wrong with you people? I had 30k in loans and a $115 minimum payment. I've paid so much I don't owe them shit for years. I just went to their page and requested a new rate and got it without sending any paperwork. How do you end up with such high payments?

The more you don't pay the more it grows. It won't go away. You'll never be eligible for a real job and you'll never get government benefits if something happens to you.

Get them all consolidated on one websites. I did this, and each time I got a loan consolidates I got a 5 month deferment on payments. Used this time to pay anyway and completely obliterate 6/13 loans before I had a single obligatory payment.

Maybe you're just retarded?

Lol makes me glad I didn't fall for the college meme. High school diploma, got job as a pharmacy tech in a hospital making 17 an hour, benefits and a pension.

reminder that the USA is literally a third world country

>i know let's impoverish young people who are trying to increase gdp and hdi by bettering themselves

fucking lol

>libtards getting worthless degress
>bettering themselves

1/10 because you got me to reply

>young people who are trying to increase gdp
>he doesn't know most degrees are useless

Agreed. I'm a senior and I dont even know what I owe. All I know is the original amounts and interest rates. I probably won't be paying more than I have to, if at all.

>/pol/acks doing their best to cope with their inferior social status and poverty
Each degree is more valuable than no degree. And pure knowledge degrees (history, sociology, anthropology, arts...) are worth way more than you can imagine. Next french president Macron has a PhD in philosophy and worked for big banks.
You can't have a job above minimal salary with no degree in western Europe anyway.

t. Humanities student with 30k student loans and will only make 20k a year when he graduates for the rest of his life

>pure knowledge degrees
>pure
>knowledge
>can't even into simple math

Lmao.

Fuck em don't pay.

I'm not paying mine. lets all revolt.

>they think that their essay on Keat's Lamia will get them a job