Looking for some perspective here

Looking for some perspective here.
At what age did you begin investing?
Short term or long term?
24 years old thinking about putting 5k in something with Fidelity or vanguard.

>not coins
they don't bite you know
But I want to bite your pic related's chicks

I started investing in Cryptocurrency at the beginning of the year and have so far made around 6 times my initial investment. Also that chick is 10/10

I began at 25-26 when I opened my TFSA account.

I got two timeframes - 3 months for flipping (AWK, GRPN, other memes), and 2 yrs+ for holding (NVIDIA, ATVI, etc...)

I also put a tiny bit of cash into Ethereum, it was my best financial gamble so far

started at 22 in a 401k, then opened an IRA, then opened a taxable
notice how I never mentioned any crypto exchange accounts, robinhood, or kneepads

was 20 when I opened my first account, I have an index fund in my IRA (VOO, VYM), large cap stocks with big dividends in my long term investing account (LMT, PM, FB, BAC, AAPL), a good amount loaned out to schmucks who need money through Lendingclub, and a bit in Robinhood for swingtrading.

what's wrong with Robinhood? For your average normie investor I think it's great. 0 commissions is perfect especially considering some of the bigger brokers charge 50 or 75 dollars to buy an ETF or mutual fund.

>good amount loaned out to schmucks who need money through Lendingclub

ever invest in preferred shares? I'm all in BAC.PRL

i literally know who this girl is

never heard of preferred shares, im still pretty newfag to investing. Can you redpill me?
From a bit of googling it looks like some alternate form of BAC that offers a much higher dividend in lieu of actual returns. Which kinda sucks because this year BAC has had phenomenal returns.

started at 30, wish i did earlier. I'm 38 now, almost ready for retirement.

I quoted the lending club part because I figure it's safer than lending club and has similar returns. Obviously it's not going to beat a good stock, but a stock's performance is not guaranteed.

bac.prl will keep paying 72.5 bucks a share as long as bank of america is in business and paying a dividend. Which I think is highly probable. It's also convertible into bac shares. You can convert them at any time (but don't because you'd lose a lot of money) BAC can convert them when the share price of BAC hits 65 dollars a share, which with each share being worth 20 shares of bac, comes out to 1300 bucks, which is higher than the market value of bac.prl, which is around 1207 bucks.

This security was created during the financial crisis. Buffet holds billions of dollars with of BAC preferreds similar to this one, so it is very secure. BAC is stuck with it. They don't like it. But you can buy and and make a good steady income off of it.

I see. Definitely a safe investment along with a 6% dividend yield for having these preferred shares. Something I'd be very interested in for long term gains, but right now Im making 11.6% with lendingclub so thats my cash cow. I just hope it doesn't bankrupt but they seem to have solid fundamentals so Im really not too worried

Thanks for telling me about this though, I had no idea something like this exists. Ive been thinking that a high dividend stock is 4% like JNJ

>11.6% with lendingclub
hmm maybe I will look into that as well.

My account is making that only because I have only the highest risk profiles (D E F G) and I have good filters. But you can still expect a healthy 9%

the interesting thing about bac.prl, is that if there is hyperinflation and sudden very high interest rates, which is very unlikely, but the nightmare of every bond holder... bac might not bother converting bac.prl into bac stock when it hits 65 dollars a share. why pay back a 7% loan when current rates are above 7%? you know?

So the value of bac.prl will track the share price of bac as it rises above 65 and beyond, but still pay that fat dividend.

higher interest rates are also good for bank profits, up to a point. So in this rising interest rate environment, bac's share price should go up and help stabalize bac.prl into a flat line money making 'inflation machine'

any tips for someone 19

i am too dumb to understand how inflation changes affect things. All I know is I gotta subtract 3% (give or take) per year from my current gainz to know what my real gains are.

live below your means, that's about it

is it legal to fuck girls that young in slavic countries?

you can legally hit 15yo in Poland, but only if you won't buy or give her anything, because that's illegal underage prostitution.