imgur.com/a/wZ4tJ/layout/grid
imgur.com/a/AvobE

>Fancy Builds
mega.nz/#!bBhX0QzY!DaLnBdlZzVM7QOMKDpiCZM2GUaH0SQFDhe-RMNBWeWs

>Wave banks - music replacement
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SQU5Id0l6YklQam8

>Texture replacements
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SM2dHT20xTWlieGc

>OP pasta. Please use the info from this link when creating new threads.
pastebin.com/raw/HJuSdEQt

Not Enough Memes

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/pc-bug-reports.113/
youtu.be/Gs069dndIYk
terraria.gamepedia.com/Charm_of_Myths
terraria.gamepedia.com/List_of_weapons
carlsguides.com/terraria/bosses/immunity-debuffs.php
terraria.gamepedia.com/Hallowed_armor
terraria.gamepedia.com/Megashark
terraria.gamepedia.com/Greater_Healing_Potion
terraria.gamepedia.com/Life_Fruit
terraria.gamepedia.com/Campfire
terraria.gamepedia.com/Star_in_a_Bottle
terraria.gamepedia.com/Heart_Lantern
terraria.gamepedia.com/Sharpening_Station
terraria.gamepedia.com/Ammo_Box
terraria.gamepedia.com/Crystal_Ball
terraria.gamepedia.com/Shadowflame_Knife
terraria.gamepedia.com/Magic_Dagger
terraria.gamepedia.com/Golden_Shower
terraria.gamepedia.com/Bladetongue
youtube.com/user/Ningishu/videos
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Still waiting for Server™®

dedgen general

>strawpoll.me/4613115

Crimson vs Corruption

Which do you prefer and why?

Soon™

bump

at least we still have a general unlike starbound

I don't know why but I can't summon any bosses in single player, not even the eye of cthulu. I beat skeletron and wof but nothing else works so I cant progress

Help

Are you trying to use a summoning item or just waiting for them to spawn? How much HP do you have? What version of the game are you on, and do you have any mods installed? Are you playing on PC or a different platform?

You're using them during nightime right?
Never heard of a problem like that before.

Yeah, no mods, no cheats, I have parts for summoning all 3 bosses and tried in both corruped/uncorrupted and night/day

"all 3 bosses" I assume you're talking about the mech ones. Are you absolutely sure you beat the wall of flesh and are now in hardmode? Check around for hardmode enemies, the hallow biome, etc. It should be pretty obvious whether or not you're in HM. Maybe you killed WoF, closed the game early, and didn't save?

No I got the pwnhammer and smashed some altars, and new enemy types + gear is dropping regularly.

The Twins are sometimes known to not appear after being summoned. (This is a very common bug on Multiplayer servers, but this could also be caused by an anti-boss spawning system used on a lot of servers)
If one attempts to use the Mechanical Eye (or the other mechanical summoning items) at dusk, the item will not be used (which is supposed to happen) but when that night begins the respective boss will spawn naturally.
If summoned from high altitudes, The Twins may not appear.

Maybe one of these bugs is occurring. If it isn't any of those, report it on the forums forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/pc-bug-reports.113/

So should I just wait around till something spawns naturally? How do I find them if they spawn?

All bosses spawn at your face.

Yeah then they definitely haven't been appearing

youtu.be/Gs069dndIYk

>browsing modlist
>fatfinger and accidentally delete a mod
>no idea which one it was
great fucking design

>blaming the game
hit the gym
buy better keybord

fuck off retard the mod browser doesn't even ask you to confirm the deletion, you're a fucking mongrel for actually defending this garbage

Not that user, but there is no delete button on the modlist. You have to click a mod name, then move your mouse to a completely different part of the screen to click the delete button while on the page for that specific mod. The mod you deleted is whichever one you clicked on and were reading about after you clicked More Info

yes, that's where i fatfingered, i saw a few mods had updates to download so i thought to open their website to check out the changelogs, but i slipped and clicked on the delete button on one of them instead

>no splinterling gf

FUCK

just relax and hit the gym
try some yoga for channeling that anger too

>Thorium Mod 1.4.3.8 added more healer items, fixed a good bit of bugs, and started the rework and balancing of the healer class.
Neat

Why are you sucking the dev's dick so hard? Are you him or some shit? How about you stop playing damage control and fix your shit. While you're at it move the fucking patreon button because it blocks half of the Back button on lower resolutions.

visiting a psychiatrist might be more your speed

bump

>While you're at it move the fucking patreon button because it blocks half of the Back button on lower resolutions.
There's no patreon button in tmodloader, If you have one, it's probably from Terraria Overhaul, and it's your fault for using shit mods.

Not sure if he's talking about this button but I agree that it definitely has to move as well.
I basically have to click it everytime I alt+tab the game.

Not that user, but there is and I've accidentally hit it myself at least twice in the past couple of weeks after restoring/un-minimizing the game. It's in the bottom-left corner

bump

>bump
>thread goes back to page 9 in 20 minutes
Veeky Forums please

i see it despite only having thorium installed, pretty sure it's always there
sounds like you're running an outdated version

POST YOUR BEST COMMIEBLOCKS

LIVE

incoming blogpost

Newfag to Terraria here
>friend let's call them Red buys 3 copies of terraria, gifts the extras to me and another friend let's call them Brown.
>Red has previously played the game for a bit, and is what I would call proficient. The furthest they got was NIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGER
>I've heard many good things about Terraria but otherwise know nothing about it
>Brown is a normie who takes eSports like competitive CS:GO and Overwatch seriously.
>Begin normal-mode with softcore characters
>Brown chooses medium-core and keeps dying
>Eventually after losing all their gear for the 6th time they make a new softcore character
>Everything starts off smooth as it can for us, with Red showing us the ropes
>We decided that Red would be a ranged build, Brown will be caster, and I will be melee/yoyo
>Red is good at his build, no problems
>Melee seems to be lacking up until I get a yoyo, and then it's decent
>Brown is constantly complaining about mana usage and their damage despite having all the best gear we can find for them
>Crystal hearts are spread pretty thin between the 3 of us, no one has more than 200hp for a while.
>Live in a space-inefficient wooden skyscraper to house NPCs, no traps, farms, railroads, nothing
This is the status quo for the majority of the playthrough.

Cont.

Cont.
editor's note, forgot to replace "NIGGER" with "post-hardmode"

>Brown does not try to organize anything and dumps their shit in whatever chest they can find
>Massive bomb craters start appearing around the house, no one knows where they're coming from but we know where they came from, don't we?
>Red tries to get us to progress somewhat normally, and we get all the way up to post-hardmode
>Brown isn't on so Red and I decide to just mine new ores and gather resources since it's busywork
>break crimson altars all over the map, try to find some more heart crystals, all that jazz
>Brown gets butthurt that we "progressed so far without them," despite this not being the case

>Present day
>Much is still the same
>We are all still trying to get enough orchalium and/or adamantite for a full set of armor
>The most HP any one of us has is 240
>The only one with a fully upgraded mana bar is Brown
>Should Red and I have upgraded ours too?
>Have an airborne railroad, hellevator, and shark farm
>Everyone has a cobalt set of armor and tools with a helmet suited for their role
>I have Night's Edge, a Godly trident thing I think I found in hell, a fire yo-yo that does something like 53 damage, and a flying dagger from a hallowed mimic.
>Red has a gun that spawns falling stars that explode
>Brown is still complaining about not being to do any damage and that their mana runs out too fast, despite having Demon Scythe and other casting gear
>yet we keep wasting expensive mats trying to accommodate them
>Keep getting wiped when trying to fight mechanical bosses in our platform arena
>thank you stupid "you can only heal once every minute" mechanic
>Everyone has specter boots and a grapple
>We can't figure out how to proceed due to the rarity of adamantite/orchalium and because it's tough to split it between 3 people

Cont.

Cont.

>Red is still trying to get us progress, in what direction, I don't think either of us know
>Brown has started erecting giants dicks and worships gold tombstones
>If you try to get rid of the dick that is blocking off one of the exits of the house, he threatens to bomb everything
>If you pick up a gold tombstone he says, "I'm gonna need that," and will follow you to the ends of the earth trying to ruin your day with bombs and entombing you inside caves
>I'm looking up info trying to see what we're doing wrong
>Think we are all lacking good accessories other than the specter boots, so I guess I'll look for those the next time we play

What are we doing wrong Veeky Forums? What should we be working towards? I want to enjoy this game, but it's just so massive, and the crafting trees for some pieces of gear are ridiculous.

Start fishing, get crates, open crates for free bars and ores. Work towards a Cell Phone if you don't already, the extra display info is useful and can point you towards ores if you don't feel like fishing.

Almost forgot, pic related is the only screenshot I have that shows what we have so far for the most part.

reminder starbound is better

We haven't touched the fishing NPC whatsoever, and from what I'm looking at, either the mechanic's pole or the sitting duck pole is going to be our best bet.
The hotline pole sounds neat, but doing 25 quests for a 1/250 chance to get it sounds bogus.

So, other than fishing and getting cell phones, should we just continue looking for hardmode ores? is there any melee, ranged, or magic stuff we should keep an eye out for? Any must-have accessories?

not them, but here's what i've found to be good pre-mechanical bosses
warning: lotsa text

>weapons

>melee: shadowflame knives, dao of pow, ice sickle

>shadowflame knives
dropped by goblin summoners, and imo are the best melee weapon you can get for mechanical bosses (and a bit after, too!) due to their range and shadowflame debuff. they're also very useful in everyday combat unless you have a large crowd of enemies in a small corridor.
>dao of pow
made with one dark shard, one light shard, and 7 souls of night and light. they do a shitton of damage, and confuse enemies hit, which not only makes them go the opposite direction, but also stops some enemies from shooting projectiles, such as ice mermen. you can easily clear a corridor of enemies with this thing, as it also hits multiple enemies. the only downside is that flails are really wonky in terraria, and can be hard to get used to.
>ice sickle
this is optional, mostly due to being a .5% drop chance from underground ice biome enemies, but it's a very nice weapon for killing the destroyer, and is much more reliable than the dao of pow for clearing large groups of enemies. i'd recommend using all three, or at least the first two.

as melee, you should also check out the imbuing station sold by the merchant, as they let you enchant your weapons for 20 minutes with various effects, like fire or poison. at your stage, i would recommend making a bunch of flasks of ichor/cursed flame, depending on what evil your world has. cursed flame does damage over time, ichor negates armor. i believe its melee only though, so don't have all your friends make them for themselves.

cont

>ranged: clockwork assault rifle, onyx blaster, uzi, daedelous stormbow(sp?)

>clockwork assault rifle
wall of flesh weapon that's really nice on ammo while doing solid damage: they can totally beat the mechanical bosses with this thing if they can't find any of these other weapons.
>onyx blaster
one dark shard, ten souls of night, and a shotgun get you probably one of the coolest weapons in the game. it shoots a dark obsidian shard with every shot that deals a significant amount of damage. highly recommend it, especially with it being so easy to obtain. i've used this thing to almost endgame just due to how much i enjoyed the gun itself.
>uzi
1% drop from ANGERY trappers, good luck getting this thing. the jungle is terrifying in hardmode, and will absolutely tear you a new asshole if you go in there for too long. if they do managed to stay alive, and they do manage to actually get one of these things, hell yeah. it'll definitely be the most useful weapon they'll have against the mechanical bosses (save destroyer, we'll get to that). it turns regular and silver bullets into high velocity bullets, which, well, go really fast. two downsides, however: this thing will eat through ammo like candy, and doesn't up the damage of converted bullets to the same level as regular high velocity bullets.
>daedalus stormbow
how to beat destroyer in .5x left clicks:
>get stormbow from hallowed mimics
>craft holy arrows from unicorn horns (unicorns), pixie dust (pixies), and wooden arrows
>make wooden platform a decent level above the ground (150-200ish blocks?)
>summon destroyer
>hold down left click
>??????
>Profit!

for bullets, use crystal. if you have crimson, ichor is great for bosses.

cont

>mage: laser rifle, crystal storm, golden shower, meteor staff, crystal serpent

>laser rifle
wall of flesh drop, pretty good weapon overall. the rest of the weapons are probably better, but this thing is useful before you get any of them, and is pretty great against the twins.
>crystal storm
combine one spell tome (buy from wizard), 20 crystal shards, 15 souls of light at a bookcase. demolish everything. it shoots crystals that break similarly to the crystal bullets, dealing a lot of damage. if they can stay close enough to the twins to use this well enough, it works wonders against them, and against everything else in general.
>golden shower
if you have a crimson world, they should get this asap. same recipe as crystal storm, but with ichor and souls of night. it applies ichor, and has one of, if not the highest dps at your stage of the game. it's pretty gross tho
>meteor staff
how to not get bored watching your ranger destroy destroyer
>combine 20 meteorite bars, 10 pixie dust, 10 souls of light
>stand next to ranger as they summon destroyer
>hold down left click
>??????
>marginal Profit!
in all seriousness, this thing can be really useful for clearing enemies from within your home, without even opening the door.
>crystal serpent
.5% chance of fishing in hallow. if you have the above weapons, however, you probably don't need this: it just looks pretty.

cont

now for equips:

>melee: yoyo bag, ankh shield, frozen turtle shell/flesh knuckles

>yoyo bag
if you plan on using yoyos, you definitely want one of these. extended range, multiple yoyos, etc. can be pretty expensive, however. skeleton merchant tends to sell a lot of the components for this
>ankh shield
not as necessary as many might say, but knockback + most debuff immunity is really useful for melee players. similar to cellphone in how annoying it is to put together, but it's not as terrible.
>frozen turtle shell / flesh knuckles
both items help with getting tanky: one gives 25% damage reduction below half health, one gives 8 flat defense. however, they may not be worth an equip slot in normal difficulty, since you have less equip slots.

>ranged: endless quiver/musket pouch, magic quiver
>endless *
not really an equip, but you can make infinite ammo items by combining four stacks of 999 musket bullets / wooden arrows at a crystal ball (sold by wizard). mostly useful in case you run out of ammo, or you don't want to use any at a given moment. musket pouch + uzi = hell yeah
>magic quiver
mostly useful for destroyer fight, but there are some pretty good bows later on in the game that this can definitely help out. dropped by skeleton archers (1.25% chance)

rangers don't have that many specific equips, but that's not necessarily a bad thing: more slots for things like boots and wings

>mage: celestial magnet, mana flower

>celestial magnet
increases mana pickup range drastically. you can combine this with various items to make it even better, but it definitely helps with mana management. can still run oom if you don't kill anything. sold by traveling merchant
>mana flower
less mana usage (8%?), autoconsume mana potions. have your friend use this, since they seem to be incapable of managing mana. combine a natures gift (grows in jungle alongside grass) with a regular mana potion.

cont

>overall equips

probably make some wings at this point: if you can fight some frost giants (above ground snow biome during rain/snowstorm), they can drop an ice feather, which makes you a decent pair of wings. otherwise, souls of night/light can make you some, as well as a billion other things. check the wiki for more details on them, since there's too many to list. you will need to kill wyverns regardless, since they drop souls of flight. they spawn at very high altitudes, and can hurt early on.

putrid scent can be useful if you're in a corruption world, as it reduces enemy aggro.

obviously, the emblems from the wall of flesh can be useful: warrior, ranger, sorcerer for each class.

regular mimics drop some great stuff, such as philosopher's stones, which reduces hp potion cooldowns, and cross necklaces for more invulnerability frames

you say you only have spectre boots: combine that shit with an anklet of the wind and an aglet to get lightning boots, which make you go faster. combine the lightning boots with ice skates, and you have fully upgraded boots. might be a little harder since it's hardmode, but they're still pretty useful at this point.

>armor

you guys have adamantite, which kinda sucks since titanium, the alternative to adamantite, is way better. the only way to get that is through fishing crates, which can be tedious.
however, for melees and rangers, you can get frost armor by combining adamantite with frost cores (ice giants, mentioned earlier), which trades defense for offence, and gives you a burn effect on your weapons. it's not a direct upgrade, but more of a high risk/high reward alternative. mage will have to go adamantite (or titanium if he wants to fish for those crates).

i wouldn't recommend fighting bosses without max HP and adamantite/titanium/frost armor. break some more altars if there aren't enough ores in your world, but be wary of random hallow/evil spawns throughout the world.

cont

finally, use potions. ironskin (iron ore, daybloom), endurance (blinkroot, armored cavefish), regen (mushroom, daybloom), and swiftness (blinkroot, cactus) potions are all easy to make while giving decent buffs that can help in any boss fight. greater healing potions (pixie dust, crystal shards) are a must. since you guys are multiplayer, i recommend joining the same team (next to the housing button above the armor slots) and making wormhole potions (specular fish, blinkroot). this way, you can teleport to each other during boss fights or whenever. obviously, all potions need bottles of water, and i recommend using an alchemy station (randomly spawns in dungeon) to make these due to the station's 33% chance of not using materials.

i probably missed several things, and i definitely can be wrong about some things, but i hope this helps in general.

also >they can stay close enough
should be
>your mage can stay close enough

horsecock

>Any must-have accessories?
>thank you stupid "you can only heal once every minute" mechanic
You may want to farm hallow mimics for supplies to craft at least one of these, maybe even a total of 3 for your team terraria.gamepedia.com/Charm_of_Myths

Have you been reforging your items to have good prefixes at the tinkerer? Also, your magic dagger and shadowflame knives are two of the best early hardmode weapons you can get. terraria.gamepedia.com/List_of_weapons Note that the DPS calculations don't take secondary effects into effect, like the shadowflame knives' additional 15 DPS from the shadowflame debuff, since that doesn't affect all enemies. The destroyer is a good example of that. Here's a list of bosses and their immunities: carlsguides.com/terraria/bosses/immunity-debuffs.php

Like other people said, fight the destroyer first and encourage your ranged friend to use the daedalus stormbow and holy arrows. The fight will be over within seconds since you're playing on normal mode, not expert mode, even if neither you nor Brown help him. As for Brown, the mage class is overpowered at some points of the game if the player isn't incompetent. There's no point in sugarcoating this: he's incompetent. I don't know why you tolerate him after hearing about his bad attitude (griefing, threatening to grief you more if you just want to leave your own house, etc.), but just stay the course I guess. There's really no helping dumbasses like him

The crafting trees for the ankh shield and cell phone are massive. I've been playing since 2011 and have never obtained either of them legitimately. I've tested them out a bit here and there, but they never really seemed worth the time investment to me, especially not the cell phone. If you don't want to take the time to craft either of them, you don't have to. The cell phone certainly isn't going to help you during boss fights

Three more things: you may want to farm the destroyer for hallowed bars to make better armor and so your friend can craft a megashark
You should be using greater healing potions if you aren't already
And if none of you have 400 HP yet, go underground, use spelunker potions, and start hunting for life crystals. After you beat the destroyer, life fruits will start growing in the jungle. Farm them ASAP. They can only be used after you have 400 HP from life crystals
terraria.gamepedia.com/Hallowed_armor
terraria.gamepedia.com/Megashark
terraria.gamepedia.com/Greater_Healing_Potion
terraria.gamepedia.com/Life_Fruit

One last thing I forgot to ask: have you been fighting bosses on natural terrain, or have you built a boss arena? Make an arena out of platforms if you haven't already. Throw down enough campfires to cover the entire arena in a light HP regeneration buff. Use excess stars to craft stars in bottles for Shitty McBadmage. They can only be hung from solid blocks, so replace a platform with wood or stone or whatever when you go to place one. If you end up with excess life crystals, place heart lanterns too. And finally, before every boss fight, you should be using a sharpening station, your ranged friend could use the ammo box (though it won't speed up the boss fight or anything; it'll just save him some ammo), and the Hogwarts dropout should use a crystal ball
terraria.gamepedia.com/Campfire
terraria.gamepedia.com/Star_in_a_Bottle
terraria.gamepedia.com/Heart_Lantern
terraria.gamepedia.com/Sharpening_Station
terraria.gamepedia.com/Ammo_Box
terraria.gamepedia.com/Crystal_Ball

>Hogwarts dropout
Kek

Thank you all so much for the tips, they've been very helpful in giving us some goals to work towards. Fishing is kind of giving us some trouble, as the Angler wants us to get fish in places where there aren't many, if any, bodies of water large enough to fish in.

Some of the stuff that's been mentioned we've already done/have
>Fetid Baghnakhs these seem to be really good, but I don't know if the massive damage and swingspeed make up for the short range
>dao of pow it was working fine, then during the boss fight it started acting heavy and flaccid, like it gained 50 pounds
>Platform arena so far it's just 2 stone pillars with a really wide stretch of platforms between them, with doors at the bottom to access it. We're having a huge problem with regular trash enemies swarming us during the bossfight, we can't figure out where the hell they're all coming from, the area is completely lit up.
>Uzi Found in the jungle while trying to find flower boots in jungle shrines for bait. kept finding garbage-tier feral claws, a seaweed pet spawner, and a staff of regrowth.
>Meteor staff Brown insists it's trash because "dude it eats my mana I can only cast it twice" or something like that. Brown is a moron.
>Yoyo bag shit is dank, I love it
>Flesh knuckles they got thrown in a chest somewhere because they didn't seem very good, I'll try to find them and reforge them to warding for extra defense
>Cross necklace Combined this with a cloak for a Star Veil, which seems pretty nice
>Altar breaking we've broken all the ones we can find, and now have 1 set of adamantite, and two sets or orchalium. Wish I had known about the frost armor, but I guess the mage is going to have to wear adamantite anyway. No sign of frost giants yet, sadly

Cont.

>2 stone pillars
Remove them. They'll only block your projectiles from hitting the bosses at certain points as you strafe back and forth across the arena
>Enemies keep spawning on it
Placing torches doesn't prevent enemies from spawning. Roughly how high above the ground is your arena? If it's too high, enemies will only spawn on the arena instead of on the ground below
>Meteor staff Brown insists it's trash. Brown is a moron.
Brown IS a moron. It's easily one of the best early HM mage weapons. Against the destroyer, it's kind of like the magic version of the daedalus stormbow. It only uses 13 mana per cast, so if he's whining about it using too much mana, he clearly hasn't crafted enough mana crystals. He should've had a full 200 mana, plus more from whatever armor/accessories he's using, before he even got out of pre-HM. I wouldn't trust this wanna-be mage faggot to pull a rabbit out of a hat. If he and your friend are willing to cooperate, maybe they could trade roles. Considering how little mana Brown has, it's not too late. Playing a class that requires less brain cells would be a good fit for Brown

Wait one minute
>A cost of 13 mana drains all his mana in 2 casts
>Haha he's probably just exaggera-
>But what if he's not
>Maybe he really has only crafted a single mana crystal and can only cast it once, wait a second for a little bit of his mana to recover, and cast it again
>He might actually be that stupid

>Greater healing potions very good, but that healing debuff timer still gets us killed, will keep an eye out for more philosopher stones. Red currently is wearing the charm of myths
>Same team discovered on the first day. The "u died lel" screen forcing you to just sit there and do nothing sucks horsecock though. As for the wormhole potions, don't you need to open the map to use those? Doesn't seem too practical during a boss fight. Unless you mean to tele to the boss arena from home, which is unnecessary, as the boss arena is right next to the house
>Reforging items jew literally just kept giving me worse gear, so I stopped bothering for the most part
>Brown Obviously he has no idea what he's doing/talking about, but he's a friend of Red and is some macho "dude I lift and watch logan paul kek meme magic bro" so there's not much I can do to convince him he's being retarded. Latest stunt was to just stuff every chest with bass he caught

Things we're now working towards
>Shadowflame knives Red doesn't think they're worth since they're "Pre-hardmode," been trying to convince him that some things from pre-hardmode are still very good well into hardmode. We also haven't had a single goblin invasion, and probably won't ever, due to 1 side of our base being practically in the crimson, and now the other side is covered in hallow pixie-shit.
>Daedalus stormbow Hallowed mimics still giving us trouble because of their "I teleport on top of you" jump
>Mage stuff, either the Crystal Storm or Gold Shower No idea what Brown even has at this point, we keep giving him mage gear that he then complains about
>Ankh shield Boy howdy this is a lot of things, but it looks worth it to not have to deal with any status effects
>Frozen turtle shell Was just farming for this before stopping, no dice so far

Cont.

>Shadowflame knives
>"Pre-hardmode"
terraria.gamepedia.com/Shadowflame_Knife

>Wings 1 Wyvern has been killed, so we might have enough Flight Souls for a set of wings, will have to check the next time we play. I also have no idea where all the frost giants are, I spent close to an hour in the snow biome looking for turtles, there had to have been a blizzard at some point.
>Emblems from WoF Had no idea these things existed, will keep an eye out for them if we end up farming WoF.
>Philosopher's Stone Might've mentioned it before, but all I seem to get from regular mimics are copies upon copies of star cloaks.
>Lightning boots I would definitely combine this, if I could find anything other than Feral Claws in Jungle Shrines, it's becoming aggravating.
>Titanium Armor >The only way to get that is through fishing crates, which can be tedious
You're telling me, finding a suitable body of water other than the ocean, which is, y'know, at the ends of the earth, is proving difficult. We've been trying to construct artificial lakes because of our fishing problem.
>Frost Armor WHERE ARE THESE GODDAMN GIANTS. I can go into a desert during a sandstorm and immediately get buttfucked by a sand elemental who just spams tornadoes at me. Not to mentioned being locked in place and having to fend off sand sharks that clip through the terrain.
>Destroyer I don't think we'll be ready to farm this asshole for a long time. It'd maybe be manageable without all the regular enemies spawning everywhere, but the fact that it's constantly shooting lasers from every angle from every segment on its body PLUS spawning drones is just, fuck man.
>Life Crystals The hunt continues; I finally got 400hp since I'm the melee guy who'll be tanking most everything, been feeding any Life Crystals I find to Red. Last I checked, I think he had 340hp.

Cont.

>Remove them. they'll only block your projectiles
Gotcha, will do
>How high above the ground is your arena?
It's practically touching the ground, you can kinda see it off the right hand side at the top in It's been expanded a fair bit since then, takes up around 1.5 screens now.
>Brown IS a moron.
It's almost baffling, he definitely has a full 200 mana crystal bar, since Red and I fed him all our fallen stars from the start. I could be thinking of another staff he was complaining about, it's hard to keep track, but he very well could just be exaggerating. We also made his post-hardmode armor for him ourselves, so he absolutely has the right head accessory for mages.

I think that's all, hopefully I'm not missing anything.

>Wings
Are basically mandatory for HM. Above all the other advice I gave you, prioritize getting them first. I took it for granted that you already had them. Don't worry too much about getting ice wings specifically if you're having trouble finding frost giants. They only spawn during blizzards. Any other time spent looking for them in snow biomes is time wasted. Make your witch doctor move into a small hut in the jungle biome just for him, then buy leaf wings from him for 1 platinum each. You can press ESC, then click the house icon on the right side of the screen to choose which NPC moves into the house, to make sure that it's him
>We've been trying to construct artificial lakes because of our fishing problem.
Good. That's frequently the only way to fulfill angler quests and get biome-specific crates
>Destroyer I don't think we'll be ready to farm this asshole for a long time.
You're literally ready right now; you just don't realize it. Use your magic dagger for the fight and you can solo him. If your friend uses the daedalus stormbow +, quite frankly, ANY type of arrows, he can solo the destroyer. Even your """mage""" acquaintance could use his meteor staff to solo the destroyer, so long as he can wipe enough of the drool off his keyboard to survive the fight. This is normal mode, not expert mode, so more players on the server does not equal more HP for the boss. It always has the same set amount, designed for 1 player to kill it. Also, only the drones shoot lasers. If the lasers are fucking you, destroy the drones. Use your magic dagger

>That arena
Delete every other floor, starting with the one closest to the ground. You don't need that many. Get used to hooking and using your rocket boots during boss fights. Since you don't have wings yet, ALWAYS keep rocket boots equipped until you do. Afterward, ALWAYS keep your wings equipped. At least some enemies are climbing up onto the arena from below, so there's that

Cont.

>The arena takes up 1.5 screens horizontally
DELET THIS

Shorten it to- wait, do you mean "screen" as in the size of the map in help.jpg, or do you mean the literal game screen? If it's the latter, take 1-2 pictures to show me exactly how long it is since I have no idea how wide you have your screen set to be. Your arena might be too wide, allowing mobs to spawn just off-screen. Additionally, mobs spawning typically make boss fights slightly easier since they can drop hearts and stars to recover HP/mana

I'll work on prioritizing wings the next time we're all free, the witch doctor approach seems to be the easiest. As for Frost Giants and such, I need to be in the snow biome to farm for the Frozen Shell and Ice Cores anyway, so I'm not wasting too much time there.
Ironically it's Brown who keeps pushing us to fight the destroyer, even though we were all too squishy to survive more than a few hits.
By magic dagger, do you mean the Flying Knife? It seemed pretty alright, if a little bouncy, but honestly my Hel-Fire has been doing me well. I will definitely give the Knife another go, as you've been singing its praises, based Melonposter.
>Only the drones shoot lasers
The problem is that the drones that have and haven't been launched yet from the destroyer are shooting from every angle. There's so much stuff on the screen, it's difficult to dodge the projectiles, the Destroyer itself, the mobs, and then focus on the drones that have been released. Hopefully with some edits to the arena, it'll be easier; everything else is on our stupid asses to pull off.
>Delete every other floor, starting with the one closest to the ground
Will DEFINITELY do, the amounts of times I've been killed trying to descend as my character has to make a stop on every level is infuriating.
>ALWAYS keep rocket boots equipped
I always do.

>do you mean "screen" as in the size of the map in help.jpg, or do you mean the literal game screen?
The literal game screen, as in what I see in general gameplay.
>take 1-2 pictures to show me exactly how long it is since I have no idea how wide you have your screen set to be
y-you can set it to different sizes?
I'll take pictures of our entire setup next time, forgot to this session. With any luck, you'll be able to shed some more light on what we're fucking up.
>Your arena might be too wide, allowing mobs to spawn just off-screen.
I think this is the case, as you can't see one end of the arena from the other.

oh god, what resolution have you been playing Terraria on?

Is Brown using mana potions? He should assign a key to quick mana button.
Mana potions don't have cooldown like healing potions do, you can spam them, but it inflicts a debuff that makes your magic weaker the first few seconds after you use it, so it's better if you don't spam.
And if he's way too lazy and incompetent to manage his mana himself, make him a mana flower accessory, it will use mana potions whenever he needs, which means mana potions will act like ammo and he can just forget about mana usage.

I'm not the melonposter, I'm >Flying knife?
No, that's awkward to use. Use the magic dagger you said you got in this pos- oh shit
>Flying dagger
>Meant flying knife
Nevermind, stick to your shadowflame knives. This is the magic dagger:
terraria.gamepedia.com/Magic_Dagger

>Drones are shooting from every angle
Kill them. Attack a few destroyer segments, destroy some drones while dodging/running away at full speed & hooking to change directions, repeat
>You can change your screen size?
Yes, click and drag any corners of the window
>you can't see one end of the arena from the other
Depending on how wide your screen is, that may be okay. I like for my arenas to be that size as well, bigger even, but in windowed mode, not fullscreen mode. Come to think of it your arena probably isn't too wide, but it could do with half as many layers vertically

I can't believe I've been forgetting to say this all this time, but ichor-based weapons are overpowered. The golden shower is completely broken. Tell David Copperfield to use one. Even though you won't be using it yourself, read the Tips section:
terraria.gamepedia.com/Golden_Shower

By the way, for comparison, the magic dagger does about 3x as much DPS as your hel-fire yoyo, which is more than enough to make the difference between winning and losing a boss fight

Oh, resolution, thought you meant zoom scale.
1920x1080
I don't think he's consciously using them, let alone carrying them, which is why I already made him the mana flower. I'll inform him that maybe carrying ammo for your weapon is a good idea. jesus christ trying to get him to do the most basic task is like pulling teeth
>I'm not the melonposter
You're still based
>stick to your shadowflame knives
I'll have to get it first, guess next time I'll be hunting down goblin scouts for tattered cloth to make a goblin standard, since we still haven't been invaded by an army yet.
>ichor based weapons are overpowered
Would it be worth it to try to fish for the Bladetongue? terraria.gamepedia.com/Bladetongue

>shadowflame knives
O h . Well, shit, I misread those posts. Thought you had them already. I should come up with a complete list of ideal early hardmode weapons. Off the top of my head, it'd look something like this:

No restrictions, crimson world: I attack once with the golden shower for its debuff, then switch to any of the following weapons below
No restrictions, corruption: shadowflame hex doll (unlikely to obtain one due to rarity/time spent farming to make a goblin invasion happen in HM + the rarity of the mob that drops it + the fact that the drop isn't guaranteed), meteor staff (aboveground usage only) + crystal storm (for underground usage)

Melee only, crimson: fetid baghnakhs for basic PvE, magic dagger for bosses, be under the effects of a flask of ichor at all times
Melee only, corruption: magic dagger for everything, chain guillotines would work as a temporary substitute if I happened to get them first, be under the effects of a flask of cursed flames at all times

Ranged only, crimson & corruption (same): start off using the clockwork assault rifle if I happened to get it as a wall of flesh drop, ignored otherwise, go to the jungle, make a house I can respawn in when I inevitably die, and get an uzi. Most people don't realize it, but even BEFORE defense calculations, it's slightly stronger than the megashark. After defense calculations, the DPS gap widens further. I'd possibly use a daedalus stormbow specifically for the destroyer, then never use it again. After skeletron prime is beaten, I'd craft a flamethrower to use against powerful enemies/bosses, but I'd keep using the uzi to conserve gel since it's used as flamethrower ammo and runs out fast

Magic only, crimson: golden shower + meteor staff (aboveground only), crystal storm (for underground usage), life drain (if I felt like grinding crimson mimics for one; it's pretty nice because of its utility)
Magic only, corruption: same as No restrictions, corruption

Server fucking when? Preferably with overhaul.
>inb4 Soon™

I just want to play Terraria 2.

>Terraria 2
>When fucking 1.3.6 is September 2017

I want otherworld, tbqh. They could learn a lot from it.

Ded?

Grealm has fun accessories. Shit gets kinda OP near endgame though, almost Fargo's levels.

bump

I fucking hate these useless pieces of shit. Magic and Ice Mirrors are everywhere, not even counting the ability to make the Cell Phone, every fucking second chest has a recall potion and if you make the mistake of misclicking when trying to dump them they fucking teleport you all the way out of your expedition to piss you off.
They're better traps than most of the actual intended dungeon traps past hardmode.

Soon™, with overhaul included

Well, I'll be Waiting™

I have two questions.
Is there any mod to make the interface look more minimalistic? I'm playing on a small screen and the hearts are taking too much space.
Also, can someone post pictures of cool underground fishing spots? I want to build some but I don't have any ideas.

fukken bump

No idea to either of those things, sorry dude. I've seen this guy make artificial lakes underground in one or two of his videos, but I don't think the spots looked very cool, just practical youtube.com/user/Ningishu/videos

horsegirlfukken bump

Destroyer is fucking me and my dudes up the ass. How do we beat this bitch?

daedalus meme

See
TL;DR high DPS piercing weapons, keep in mind that debuffs don't work against the destroyer, but certain weapons (like the golden shower) that rely on debuffs can still be fantastic against the destroyer if they pierce multiple times and have decent~great DPS for early hardmode. Multi-projectile weapons like the daedalus stormbow and meteor staff are also excellent choices

Hit the gym harder than you hit your keyboard you basement-dwelling fuck

Shadowflame knife and over 9000 buffs