Is history a useless subject? Should we stop teaching history in schools...

Is history a useless subject? Should we stop teaching history in schools? What do people gain from memorizing some wars and kings?

stemy pls REEEE

Intelligence and awareness?

Awareness comes from meditation

Intelligence comes from mathematics

History is discriminatory against Buddhists as it forces you to ponder about the past when you really should be focusing on the present and the present only

>What do people gain from memorizing some wars and kings?

stemfag confirmed

go back to your shit board

I'll never understand the STEM hate on this board

How is architecture a useless major?

It's literally the most useful thing there is.

most like a reasonable response to stemfag autist elitism 'hurr 300k starting xd' memeing

Oh sure, you dindu nuffin

if we dont looks to the past we will never understand how to prepare for the future, all stories of success and failure we can learn from take place behind us and without them we would be entering forward blindly. . . get off my board STEM FAG REEEEEE

Women's studies is because you can't make babby without woman

>generalizing from a single sample

The irony is that there is no such thing as Women's Studies. It's called Gender Studies.

what are you saying you nigger

You can't repeat your experiments

You have no idea why something happened, so there is nothing of value to learn from history

It is a fine hobby though even if it ultimately is pointless

>commercial art and graphic design
literally true, if your working as a graphic designer, most people will hire you based on your portfolio rather than where you went to school.

You sound like a STEMmie

>you're fucking a white male

What do you even fill a 3-year degree in graphic design with?

would you say that all we have observed for the purpose of politically theorizing has been built on the basis of nothing? that policies and behaviors have never replicated themselves? that dictatorships have no similarities and the conditions that led to their establishments are completely different? seriously leave >>sci

well I shouldn't say its entirely useless since most graphic design courses are all about filling up your portfolio, and getting industry contacts through your instructors.

history is not useless, but this thread is

this, stemfag btfo

Yes, it is.

History is a hobby not a serious field of academic study. Not to mention that since the dawn of time it has only been used for propaganda purposes and pretty much anything taught is probably not even close to the truth.

With a degree in history you're only suited for brewing coffee and flipping burgers - assuming you've actually been taught how to do so since obviously you haven't learned any practical skills through your studies.

History is a pool of information which we can draw upon to make inferences about the present and the future.

History is very important regarding economics and state science, without it we would just have theories and no practice to look to.

I think it's important that people understand history at least in general terms. Rote memorization of names and dates is pretty useless, though.

There are two reasons to learn:
1. Because the qualification attained will enhance your job prospects
2. Interest in the subject

There's nothing wrong with learning for learning's sake. For most people even things like Biology and History don't result in a related job, but they are a good thing to study regardless as they develop one's knowledge of humankind and the natural world.

Degrees like Gender Studies exist only to keep bipolar, left-wing clowns with violent tendencies off the streets.

By forgetting history you risk repeating it, or something along those lines.

Historical anecdotes aren't that useful. Time series data is more useful.

Then fuck Buddhists, I guess.

whats wrong with architecture

pretty sure it takes you 5+ years to become on