How will the United States of America be portrayed in the history books of the future?

How will the United States of America be portrayed in the history books of the future?

A principled and valiant upstart that eventually fell in love with its own image, bullying the world and eventually letting money and corruption ripping it apart.

Depends on how long it lasts and the circumstances of its decline

As the eternal ruler of the Sol system.

Don't get ahead of yourself. Places like the middle east will be permashit until an economic paradigm shift solves their poverty.

the rome of its time. Dominating the world political sphere with all the domestic social inequality problems that comes with it. Except America will never die like rome did

Lol

>THE US WILL COLLAPSE ANY DAY NOW!
>Regards, butthurt Europeans every day since July 4th 1776

buttmad euro

The US has been relevant for barely more than a century and dominant for 70 years

Give it another few hundred years and we'll see

>how long it lasts and the circumstances of its decline

I'm confused

Land of Injuns and Cowboys

Oh, and hamburger/fast foods too

And lastly gun ownership/culture

I actually think the entirety of 21st century world's political stage will belong to America as nr. 1 nation, but there will be many changes. We're not seeing the US transformed into anything worse just yet, but there will be a big differences between America and Europe in terms of culture and ways of life despite globalization. As for becoming 'great' again, give it like 15-20 years and it will be absolutely great again. I want to become American to live through the great golden age of civilization.

The place where Our Lord and Savior Ray Charles was born.

The thing you are forgetting is that in the future, Ray Charles is the dominant religion.

Is the EU still on track to take over the USA as the number 1 power since Britain fucked off?

What is now America will ALWAYS be "relevant," if not dominant. Enormous natural resources, the strongest, most industrialized economy on Earth, and the second largest nuclear arsenal don't just fade away.

Whether America will always be organized as the Federal Republic that is the United States is a question for future generations.

Its not at all impossible that america will balkanize to some degree, or simply be overtaken by a more dominant political entity

>a more dominant political entity
Any good candidates outside of China? Or would it be a NATO ally? If so I could see Germany fulfilling the part

No but is pretty close to impossible. America is far and away the hardest country to invade and occupy that has ever existed.

I don't see it balkanazing either, we are much too connected for that too happen.

Neither will ever pass America in terms of influence.

Honestly the only entity that is realistic would be a fully united European Union.

Germany, and most of Europe, is in the process of being overtaken by the dominant political entity that is Islam.

America is far more likely to Balkanize as the other guy said than to be taken over by another country. Nuclear weapons and a heavily armed population essentially preclude that from ever happening.

Is there any signs of bulkanization right now?

No. The "Calexit" movement, even if it were to succeed, would end with the military restoring Federal control of the state. That precedent was set with the Civil War: it is an indissoluble union.

Let me reframe, is there signs now of people volunteerly racially separating themselves from one another?

Yes, the cities vs everywhere else. Look at a breakdown of the 2016 election; dots of blue in a sea of red.

That's a LONG way from the destruction of the union however.

Racially?

I guess maybe some of the really radical BLM groups. But that's unlikely to get any ground.

This is America! Nothing is bad is gonna happen to us with our supreme leader Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump whooooo MAGA whiooooooooo where so great yeahhh! Whooooooooooooo America America America America whoooooooooooo enernal glory to our glorius flag whoooooooo muricaaaaaaa dont fuck with us or else well fuck you whoooooooo hell yeah America we aint going no where with our marvealous leader whooooo MAGA enternal glory to America the #1 counrty in all eternity thanks Trump for making America great whoooooooooooo

Edit: that's more political segregation than racial though. Unless you really go into the micro and are talking neighborhood by neighborhood.

So basically bulkanization will never happen then.

Not in the near future, no.