/xgg/ - Xenogames General #88

USE SPOILER TAGS
Please note that Veeky Forums Rule #3 is being enforced.

========== Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ==========
>XBC2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XBC game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/whyaLFk0

>XBC2 Advanced FAQ (Tips, Combat, Quests, Misc, early/mid game and late game separated)
pastebin.com/xr0dT5mq

>XBC2 Blade combo elemental charts
i.imgur.com/JUWNMOw.jpg

>XBC2 Info Doc. Please help contribute
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mKrSAAi_sj8xpt7t8s1JGMRUh4O-e7MxAb2P_g9AWOM/
Add 'htmlview' behind the URL for a lightweight interface

>XBC2 Artbook link
drive.google.com/open?id=1l8EuZcAvfNAVKyHuK6bSr5NxpiaUdXYD
e-hentai.org/g/1168674/90d830fe38/

>XBC2 Fanworks
pastebin.com/DPHdsLNL

========== Xenoblade Chronicles X ==========
>XBCX Links pastebin
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY
==============================

If you have any doc or pastebin for any xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Previous:

KOUNTESS!

Miang is Fei's mom and Grahf is his dad's corpse possessed by him

Thanks OT I always wanted a new threat, I wanna be buried in them

Dumb bird

Any production notes from artists besides CHOCO?

Who else didn't expect Vandham to die?

Who?

you have to eat all the cake

I don't like Dagas
but this behemoth thing in his quest looks awesome

The moment I tried to bond a core crystal to him and I couldn't, I knew he was dead

I honestly never saw it coming in a million years. he seemed like the dunban
but I knew he was definitely going to stay dead

I thought it was odd that I couldn't bond core crystals to him, but then again Tora was the same. It seemed like they wanted to give some characters unique Blades instead and I assumed it was for your early characters so that you wouldn't end up having an easy time with field skill checks.

>Fighting Ammy
>Been getting my ass kicked all night
>Finally have a good battle going, about to win
>Blowdown into his hole
I can't be mad, it's the perfect way to kill him.

it is great that you can finally do that to enemies too. it's only fair

>wields Magicians Red
>being surprised that he stays dead instead of coming back way later like Avdol did
I always used temp party members when I had them, personally.

same but his autoattacks besides the third were really obnoxious to cancel
I still am shit at cancelling Morag's autos with twin whips unless it's the third one, too

What are the best arts for Tora's three Poppi, Rex's aegis sword and Zeke's big bang edge? I'm equipping them all with avant garde medals and ice headbands and Zeke has been doing some weird shit lately, starting a special for a blade combo and just straight up taking half of a same-level UM's health
Also anytime I'm in a chain attack and he uses Herald's level 2 special he deletes a quarter of a boss' health easily, but the other special levels do much less?

I'm so glad it's not just me
what the hell is the timing on those

>You're very amusing, Zeke, but Drivers need to be more than just amusing
What is it that Rex has over a prince? What the hell did Pyra see in him?

He cares about her and loves her and wants to do what he can for her.
What's not to get?

New thread?
>Pyra and Mythra are the same person reeee
>She is just mentally ill and the ending doesn't matter reeee
>No they are not the same reeee
>But twitter said reeee
>I don't know Japanese but the truth is there reeee
>/v/ and reddit think otherwise reeee
Thank me later.

No use rationalizing with Zekefags.

you forgot
>Muh cuck and NTR ree

do you guys promise ursula's merc missions are good for raising affinity for other blades? they sure dont seem to be doing it, and they dont give you exp so

I think Herald's lvl 2 special just does absurd amounts of damage. I really dont understand why as well since the bonus it has is just guard-annuling. I guess the hidden ratio is high

The only thing that matters from merc missions are the amount of time they spent. Faster missions are better cause you can do it multiple times. Even at their worst, you can do like 3 of Ursula's missions vs the best next thing, 30 minutes missions

And
>they are holding hands its a threesome reeee
Now the list is complete.

fucking killjoy

i dont understand anyone who doesnt want a foursome

So pandy calls Zeke prince, why doesnt she have a cute nickname for Rex when he's using her?

because you're not supposed to be cucking Zeke you monster

Because Pandy loves Zeke.
What's not to understand?

wait, does that mean cutting down the time by using the skills suggested actually reduces the benefit?

I don't understand anyone who wants a foursome

you don't want a homura in one arm, a hikari in the other, and a nia curled up in your lap?

What
No, the less time the quest takes, the faster you can build their grids. If you can get Ursula's mission down to 5 minutes, you can fill out Affinity charts incredibly fast. The actual issue might be trust, so you can get the trust to the max level then just feed them to Ursula and they'll be S in no time.

I also don't understand people pushing their headcanons.

oh when you said 'the part that matters is the time' you meant for the player
i meant what affects the blades the most

also wait can you not use your extra pouch expansion?

Nope

that fucker was flirting with Pyra

So I just bought XBC 2 and it's my first Xeno game and my first JRPG. The only thing I really want to know is if the lore and backstory is explain sufficiently enough in this game for me not to be lost, or indeed good enough to suck me in. I know the plot and characters are new since it's a standalone, but I know next to nothing about the actual universe the game is set in. Do I need to read anything online before I play?

>changing blades to perceval
>"unlike finch i have skill"
blade on blade bantz? this is amazing

No, it's self contained.

What's his beef with the bird?

you're basically good. there's one part of this game that will blow your fucking mind if you go play xenoblade first, but that's it. and it will still be awesome if you don't.
in fact it might actually be cooler to play xenoblade after xenoblade 2.

Well, Rex was flirting with Fan.

Has anyone tried swimming around to the factory's dock before you're supposed to go there?

but they are not the same thing. I guess the end clear it all about that

I want Homura on Rex's lap. That's about it really.

The universe is entirely new, there's a couple references to previous games but if you aren't familiar with them you won't even realize they're references.

Can't reach the dock at high tide, can't swim in the clouds at low tide.
Catwalk is too far to jump to around the side.
Ladder is up.
I've tried.

Useless dunce.

fff nah he just thought she was wonderful.
i was waiting for it to turn out that somehow lora was his mom or ancestor or something

There's tons of little lines that you'll almost never hear, if you switch from Perun to Praxis she'll say "I'm not as strong as Perun but I'll do my best". Somebody should catalogue them all.

If you end a battle with both Aegaeon and Godfrey on the field, they've got dialogue.

I am really sad that the writing of them turned out to be so poor that it even raises a legitimate argument. I hope dlc will somehow make things more clear or Takahashi will at least comment on the subject.

I don't think so. He never asked something like "be my blade" or anything like that. On the contrary, he tells her to talk with Mythra

It's more like Rex was flustered by Fan because he's a 15 year virgin boy with little to no experience interacting with women

>newt's big flaming arms completely cover her driver's face and torso

Be careful Rex or Nia will tell everything to Pyra/Mythra!

And because Fan makes Pythra look like a harlot.

Dumb cat-fox

You think if you lick her massive arms, she feels it too
what do Newt's abs taste like

Thanks anons, I appreciate it. I don't usually plunk down $60 for games I go in blind on, I hope I like it.

son if people haven't been able to crack how our lord and savior can be himself and his own dad, they're not going to agree on how a computer core that somehow became a person by bonding with a person somehow made her own separate sub-personality all by herself by just wanting it and whether that is a new person in and of itself and then when she fulfills what she really actually is as she was made by her creator somehow that is both her and her other self
and that's not even getting into the ending, which let's face it, makes you think they all died and had a very nice dream

I know it has been said a million times, but splitting them into 2 "separate" people pretty much shafted any sort of character for both.

Doesn't help that chapter 7 can be pretty much summed up as "this isn't even my final form"

I thought the ending was poorly resolved, and as much as I want the DLC to resolve it, I have little confidence it'll happen.

I remember thinking "oh that's clever. she's tsundere and her ears are perpetually pulled back"
i almost thought she was a variant on a scottish fold or something, and it took me a while to discern the welsh accent. they're so half irish half scottish it's insane theyre off to the east instead of up north where they belong

Clear weather in Tantal at sunrise/sunset almost looks weirder than when it's foggy

I want Rex inside Homura.

Nia just loves teasing people. Later she does the same with Mythra about being clingy. That's why i personally don't take Mythra's story on the clingy seriously since she does not even blush but only pissed off

She sometimes gets flustered and it's cute when it happens

I took many pictures of Indol.
Than I had to say goodbye as it becomes a hostile nation.

You'll be fine just pay attention. A lot of people that say it's weak is because they couldn't tell if a brick hit them in the face.

I want Nia Inside Homura and Hikari!
Make a whole litter of Aegis kittens!

I was talking about the next cutscene with Mythra and Nia involved

No matter how much the hot springs cutscene might make it seem that way, Nia does not have a dick.

Nia's gonna make Homura and Hikari a mother!

>Thinking that stops a flesh eater at all
Better guard your bits,

Even so, Zenobia gets first dibs on Mythra.

I still find it weird people went for that conclusion. There was no setup to establish that anyone would care even if she had a coiled up 7ft multi-tentacock. Meanwhile, they're been increasingly informing you about flesh eaters with the hot springs scene reminding you Nia's always covered up because she's not a whore at that point anyway

Plenty of room on our favorite aegis'. I'm sure Zenobia would love to be an aunt training the lil'uns to be in her boss buster band.

yeah huh
his name is Byakko

>Hidden parody scene where Nia gattai's with Dromarch and they intimidate some poor clod with it dragging and flopping all over the place
Bless their heart.

about Zenobia, that H2H was fucking savage. Asking about the past in that manner. Heartless af

she blushed hard, man. i'm not saying she's fucking deeply in love with rex but she is surprisingly like.. flustered by him considering he's just a nobody from her perspective.

>That's perfectly fine, Rex. I don't blame you for picking Pyra over me. I can tell you enjoy spending time with her over me anyways. Just promise me you'll take care of my little sister and make her happy.
>But Pyra and I are still family, so there's nothing wrong with me staying, right?

Yeah, a lot of people have. Last week a guy was talking about how he got his friend into it and when the dumbass got to that scene he asked him if Nia had a dick

just a reminder that her chest was exposed and we saw no core
just in case anyone's calling certain fanart a mistake or something
the question is which form should I draw her in taking byakko's barbs...

look ma I posted it again
Post the pyra one too, get it over with

>O- Oh Rex, did you choose Mythra over me?
>That's perfectly fine, Mythra's happiness is my happiness as well. I'm not mad, really. You look good together. If everyone is happy, I'm happy.
>You two would at least need someone to cook for you, so at least I can stay, right?

Your ass is mine

i was talking about the clingy cutscene

Nobody thought they would really do that except maybe certain modern crazies but it seemed ilke something that in a more comedic situation would be the case, and it was kind of hard to think of anything else

Thanks for reminding me hoe much emotional pain this game makes

Regular, the second form is half-baked slutty trash design.

Reminder Pyra and Mythra can just agree to switch which side they spitroast Rex from nightly

>start doing rare Blade quests
>start with kos-mos quest
>surrounded on all sides
>party thinks they are done for
>kos-mos saves the day
>the """"""""""aegis"""""""""" just stands there
What the fuck. Am I supposed to take any of this seriously. These quests are a fucking joke.

gattai
do i want to know?
course not. ye can watch if ya like.

What does this mean
I don't get it

>Worms from ground look tasty, but they not!
Jesus Tora even for you
speaking of, someone posted a screenshot of jappyknees with 'Tiger! Tiger!' in english in the middle of it, from some adorable neko NPC.
are we to believe the game's name WASNT changed? and isn't a play on tora tora, a movie about.. er.. world war 2.. umm.. huh, maybe that makes sense actually