/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking Genera

Proper OP edition.

Last thread: -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via magnethax or system transfer)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9 (embed)
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F (embed)
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L (embed)
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E (embed)

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Dec 20] Luma3DS 9.0 commits several lingering tweaks, including open source modules into a new stable release. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
>Switch
[Jan 8] fail0verflow have announced shofEL2, a coldboot exploit for NVidia Tegra. wololo.net/2018/01/08/fail0verflow-announce-coldboot-exploit-nintendo-switch-say-interesting-times-ahead/
[Jan 8] kgsws has released a homebrew launcher UI, which is compatible with Pegaswitch and therefore 3.0.0 only. wololo.net/2018/01/08/nintendo-switch-kgsws-releases-homebrew-launcher-gui/
[Jan 3] qlutoo has posted an image of a Homebrew launcher GUI. More info on February 1st. twitter.com/qlutoo/status/948690228763680768 (embed)
[Jan 2] New product by Team Xecuter will hack "any Switch" and be "absolutely future-proof". There are no details for now, but it's probably a modchip. It's coming out this spring. team-xecuter.com/team-xecuter-coming-to-your-nintendo-switch-console
[Dec 28] plutoo, derrek and naehrwert held a lecture at 34c3. switchbrew.github.io/34c3-slides/
>Vita
[Dec 28] ReNpDrm and ReStore released. wololo.net/2017/12/28/restore-updated-to-beta-42/
>PS4
[Jan 8] Flatz has published a writeup concerning possible ways of installing and running custom packages regardless of firmware. wololo.net/2018/01/08/flatz-writeup-ps4-package-files-open-console-convenient-native-homebrews-piracy/

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/zecoxao/ps4-fake-405
twitter.com/esc0rtd3w/status/953519453379219456
twitter.com/AtlusUSA/status/953643355078045702?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
youtube.com/watch?v=CLxODzyKpA4
gbatemp.net/threads/question-about-installing-rap-files.491491/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder to sissy anime bois that 3.61+ Vita anigaymes are not worth waiting for.

WHEN?™

ded general

>tfw 3DS is fully broken open and there's nothing new to hack on it
Thinken of buying a Vita just so I can hack it

Go ahead, but if you do, definitely get yourself SD2Vita. The beauty of 3DS is that it takes simple SD or microSD, and the approximately 14 pixels of resolution make the games pretty small (rarely above 2 GB). I'm currently still waiting on my SD2Vita and basically haven't touched the Vita since I hacked because I can only keep two to three games installed on the tiny 8 GB card it came with. SD2Vita alone is a good enough reason to hack that fucking thing.

scene just exploeded yall
ps4 pkg install+ru is now a reality

*run

Does anyone here use rosalina unironically

We all know fail0verflow won't release anything, but do you think what they have will change how Xectuter does their thing? Maybe they'll charge less than they plan or something?

If any hack that allows piracy comes out before xecuter, they are pretty much fucked

they will probably be first to the market though, when the homebrew fags see that it's actually real they start dumping their shit

So i'm about to buy a used fat vita 3.60, seller says he bought it about five years ago and barely used it, it stayed unpowered for more than a year, what are the chances that battery is fucked? Also he is going to do a factory reset, do i have to activate it again? How confident offline activation these days?

source FAMALAM

Is it habbiding

github.com/zecoxao/ps4-fake-405

Finally ordered a SD2VITA v5.0 for my PSV2000.
Plan on selling my 32GB card for ~$70 (or whatever crazy price they sell for right now) and getting a 64-128GB MicroSD. And I probably will still have some extra cash.

Also patiently waiting for that PS3 SuperSlim exploit:
twitter.com/esc0rtd3w/status/953519453379219456

>github.com/zecoxao/ps4-fake-405

>now devs are needed to make it usable for regular users :)

SOON

>tfw gonna buy a psvita with a 16gb memory card
Am i fucked?

yeah pretty much this

Xecuter has someway to load backups, otherwise nobody buys it

"homebrew fags" already said they won't release any piracy shit - maybe they dump their code when they are irrelevant

Anyone know if these are available anywhere or if there is some chinese knock-off I can buy? Alternatively, does anyone have a semi-portable solution I can use?
My PSTV is my OFW machine for >3.60 games and since I travel a bit from time to time I would like to take it on the road.

wtf sd2vita 5.0??? didn't even know there was 4.0.. I'm waiting for 13.37

Where the fuck are people downloading the latest PROPER Switch scene dumps?

Found about 20 or so older dumps, but can't find new PROPER dumps anywhere HELP!!!

I use it to turn off my console.

sweet backups incomming

Why are you trying to download dumps you won't be able to play any time soon?

5.x when

where do you guys grab strange custom injected cias from now that that one iso site i s dead

just getting ready, couple months will pass in no time

This:

Wouldn't be worth if those copies of the games you downloaded were encrypted or a different format than those that will come via piracy

it's already confirmed to work with minor code updates. and since most of us are on 5.x probably not long. wii u was same way in early days, didn't take long to get full 5.5.1 support

While they may need redumped, it's possible a tool will exist to decrypt existing dumps. team xecuter has something, otherwise they can't sell shit

remember the original wii u dumps? you were able to covert and patch tickets later, although most people just patched nus downloads in the end. still was useful for games not available on nus

I've got that 4.82 rebug shit back from November installed, and I let it collect dust a while, but now I'm trying to get shit to work with an external USB drive and Webman won't recognize it?

I know they said PS3 doesn't play well with NTFS but I keep seeing lots of guides saying it's possible, and when I go into webman and search the filesystem I can still see it as "dev_ntfs0" and can see all the files on it so it's not that the PS3 isn't 'seeing' the drive, I just can't get Webman or whatever to recognize I've got games on it just waiting to be played.

I'm about to hack my 2ds xl I just had a question regarding micro sd cards. Do I only need one micro sd card for this whole process or do I need a second one? The guide mentions a couple times that I remove and insert an sd card from and into my device but I also see that there is an micro sd card slot on the flash cart.
I'm using the r4i gold 3ds plus flash cart.

Also is the Luma3DSv9.0.7z supposed to have the internet explorer icon on it?

from strange custom injected ciasguy down the street

make absolutely sure you have latest webman from creator, not the bundled rebug version

also prepntfs

Webman doesn't recognize NTFS, you need to use Multiman for that.

games also need to be .iso format in /PS3ISO folder. You can convert folders to .iso with GenPS3iso

People still use Webman? Isn't Multiman better in every way for mounting iso and folder format PS3 games since it inherently recognizes NTFS?

Webman is nice for everything from the XMB, and the fan control

But I use Multiman because idc xmb

I prefer not having to go into separate loader, as it's unnecessary step

AFAIK all loaders can handle ISO/folders equally so just your personal preference in 2018

there is problem with bundled webman in rebug, why so many have issues. download latest from aldos and it works flawlessly

I guess that might be what was fucking me up, I had them in like GAMES or something as folders named like BLUS30767 and shit.

Just use Multiman and save yourself the headache.

I keep asking /hbg/ this question but I never get an answer. I recently picked up vita again after over a year and my hombrew vita can't play psn of the psn games I bought or download new psn games I buy. All the stuff I had on it before is up to date. Am I fucked?

Fugging nice.

Can you pirate nds games yet without a flashcard?

>not just getting a ds and a cart
3ds d-pad placement a shit

>ps4 hacking
you guys do realize sony's gonna ban your asses the second you push that "hack me" button, right?

see link in op's recent news

Oh no!! I'll be banned from the multiplayer I don't care about!

soon

twitter.com/AtlusUSA/status/953643355078045702?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

>dat censorship

Is there a place I can find FAQs for installing PS2 Classic, PSN, BD etc. PS3 game backups? I feel like nothing in PS3 hacking works the way it does on Vita, 3DS, etc.

I've never played a Shin Megami Tensei game before, do I need to play any others before playing this one? Where does this game fit in the series? Is the gameplay similar to persona?

No, you do not.
Most SMT games exist in their own world, with minimal connecting elements to other titles. It's technically a prequel to SMT IV but it totally doesn't matter.
> Is the gameplay similar to persona?
It has demon negotiation, demon fusion and rock/paper/scissors combat. That's it really. Strange Journey is unlike most of the post-Nocturne SMT games because it doesn't use Press Turn and it has an Etrian-like dungeon crawling system.

Why does the OP link old systems like the PS3, but not other old systems like the PSP.

Because the PS3 just got a new exploit for the latest firmware and will soon get another LCFW, while the last gasp of the PSP's homebrew scene was 2 years ago.

I can't hear you over the sound of the fan and my free games.
Mostly the fan.

3 future tranny speedrunners

Gbatemp shitposter here
ask me anything

what are you supposed to know?

How similar is it to Etrian Odyssey? Because I played EO3 and absolutely hated it... mostly how non-FOE encounters are rng yet there are super enemies lurking around on the FIRST FUCKING FLOOR that can oneshot your entire team and there's no saving while in the dungeon so there goes all your mapping progress down the fucking drain

Yeah, like the ps vita-oh wait.

Should I get a Switch now or is it too late?

that GBATemp is a shithole and it's only good for trolling the extreme liberals like Xzi

Wait for the "New" revision. Not like nintendo is competent enough to prevent it from being blown open

>4 fucking month wait
Epic

Not terribly much. There's no mapmaking and no FOEs. But the dungeon crawling is otherwise reminiscent.

Was DS rom loading on the 3DS worth it or not? Does it work 100% yet?

Just browse / create threads at GBAtemp or Wololo.net.

Also search youtube and you can find helpful tutorials pretty quickly:

youtube.com/watch?v=CLxODzyKpA4

>Was DS rom loading on the 3DS worth it or not?
No.
>Does it work 100% yet?
It never will. For some titles (mainly

Get it now, before they apply the new bootrom in factory

They'd need a new FCC filing for that surely? The 2ds got one which wasn't even used in the end.

I can't find it on PSNDL, does anybody know where to cop the 'Jaeger Designer' DLC files for the shitty Pacific Rim fighting game on PS3

Well what I'm really having trouble with is the copy protection on a pirate God Hand PS2 Classic pkg I installed, but maybe I should just play the ISO.

Use ReActPSN or PSNPatch to activate RAP file (apparently for PSNPatch RAP activating you had to have been signed into PSN at least once at some point, easy to do if you haven't, just make a PSN account and sign into it once on the PS3)

gbatemp.net/threads/question-about-installing-rap-files.491491/

You can get the RAP file at PSNDLv3.net , just search god hand under Packages, scroll down and download the RAP under the game download

When people say you can get banned for having a modified PS3 online do they just mean actively signing in with your PSN account, or does it count even having it internet connected at all while signed into my profile, because I had it connected to the internet technically by plugging in my ethernet to FTP into it, and now I'm scared

I wasn't stupid enough to try and log into PSN and play an ISO game online or anything, it's got me paranoid I'm gonna get got all the same, especially since I got an iso of Skate 3 for bad physics shits and giggles and when I ran it, it seemed to be downloading and installing an update from the internet even though I wasn't signed in to PSN, so I'm probably fucked already

>Pacific Rim fighting game on PS3

Is it happening? Is it time to get a ps4?

Thanks a lot, user! I'll try that!

Just having it plugged in or WiFi connected to the internet doesn't do anything, you're 100% safe. You're only chance of ban is from logging into PSN while running homebrew / backups without anti-ban eboots or having just ran homebrew and not clearing it with PSNPatch.

It's a rushed movie tie-in piece of shit but I just wanted to fuck around with it and the jaeger builder for funsies. Also because I have a hoarder's urge to collect games like that which get delisted from the store and wiped out due to licensing, like PT or that Scott Pilgrim beatemup did.

Thinking about modding my new 3ds, i have a european 11.2.0-35E.
Should i just go with Soundhax or would you suggest a different method? Also is any sd card good or do i need a particular kind?

follow de guide. de guide knows de wae.

I think they're being posted on OPG.

>The 2ds got one which wasn't even used in the end
I really wonder why they never went through with it. Was testing too costly or something? I'm sure they're kicking themselves now, though. B9S could have been a thing for only Old 3DS consoles if they did it.

Did we have a /hbg/ PS3 dump sheet or not?

Reminder that blablablablabla

But you're green, not blue.

It's in the OP

No it isn't.

I'm gay

what do you mean by "dump sheet"?

I mean something on google sheets.

>switch homebrew is only weeks away
wew lads didn't expect it this soon

You got a problem with pastebin?

Do we have a /hbg/ dump pastebin?

>PS4 homebrew is only week(s) away
I never expected this desu

Are Vita game saves compatible across the different ROM formats?