/bdog/ The MMORPG Black Desert

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an Korean MMORPG developed by Pearl Abyss. It features non-tab targeted action combat, p2w rng mechanics, zerg pvp, infinite grinding and a sudo sandbox experience.

>Latest NA/EU Patch Notes
community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?forums/patch-notes.5/

>Latest KR News
invenglobal.com/blackdesertonline

>Guilds
NA: Sardine, Baka, Inner_Circle
Eu: Pettanco

>/BDOG/ Discord
discord.gg/ETsNjaW

>Useful Links, Guides, Guilds & Info
pastebin.com/3kJqJSPZ (embed)

>NewFAQs
Read the pastebin, Ctrl+F, jfgi before posting.
Many guests passes are available for those that wish to try the game for 7 days.

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/FQ2zByLi
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>5%
Prove it

5% increase on a 0.001% drop...

Assuming the stats work the same it's total of 20% but the thing is that 20% from 0.1% isn't that much. Still if you can have it maxed out without gimping combat stats it is worth having.

Nothing sadder than full grown men pretending to be teenage girls having sex with eachother.

In hopes of more opinions I will ask in this thread as well
Is 15 species damage or 4.25 ap better for grinding? The 15 species damage also has 36 higher accuracy but I don't know if that matters for PvE

Idk test it out for us

Jesus Christ dude fuck off

t. sad erper

>this was written hastily in an attempt to upset people

order yourself a pizza tonight user you need a pickmeup

but my only joy in life is upsetting people

samefag

user.. I just want people to cheer up..

r8 my korean goddess

she shits all over your western manfaced whores. So glad I rerolled from ugly ass mystic.

she looks like a valkyrie
and by that i mean like shit

Would lick thighs

valkyries are 100% western. How is my tamer anything like that?

Ok well I'll hang out at the market for a while because I found a whole bunch of money in my mail. Im sure a lewd outfit would help.

Wanna be friends?

That sounds nice, but unless you mean some kind lewd friends I'll have to decline. I don't really like the game itself anyway.

We can be lewd friends, but if you don't like the game just give me your discord then.

rate my hobo

Meet me behind the Heidel church on Calpheon 2?

Tell me exactly how you make money

Bo/ho

Punch things!

EU or NA?

I buy shit off the marketplace upgrade them and sell it for profit

NA. Totally forgot they were separate.

Best of luck user, I'm still looking for EU lewd friends

Who are you?

I miss cornrows

It's kinda sad you panic and make the thread early just so you can put in your character for the op

If you don't mind the no outfit thing I can make a character over there. That shouldn't be a problem, right? With this fund thing I'll be able to afford one eventually, with some luck.

What up with the armor in this game? Nothing I equip ever changes my character appearance. I'm level 36 and still look the same as I did when I started this game. I guess cash shop costumes are the only way? Also, what should I do with all these gold bars in my inventory.

Regular armors look very similar. Besides pearl costumes the only things you can get in game that will look very different are boss armors, lifeskill clothes, and crafted costumes that aren't useful till you use a pearl item to turn them into basically another pearl costume.

put them in your storage. Gold bars are basically money just less heavy and easier to transfer. You can transfer them to silver if you ever need to buy something.

And yes most armor is stats only. Before you buy an outfit the first thing you should buy is 4-5 pets though for quick looting. Probably the only essential buy on the pearl shop.

It's a scheme having the free clothes ugly. Either you'll have to buy an outfit using pearls or get lucky! Or just find something you really like 4free

Ok what is that outfit btw

>camp 3 hours for a valkyrie outfit
>end up buying a mystic outfit
Well... fuck. Back to grinding I go

And it turns out I did have a character here but they weren't high enough for the fund, so fuck me I guess.

Heck this thing is making me want to do the sailboat grind

In order to move more easily, press the 'Tab' key and change into a non-combat stance.

Dim magical armor, you get it from black spirit man quest, very far in

Am I in the wrong for wanting to date the anons that post these kinds of reaction images more than I would the character they're reacting to?

Come date me

she looks very nice, i love the shading on the lips as well as their shape.

Deal!

no because reactions are cute
I feel the same way

Where we meeting
You better have a two seater horse

Maybe we should date each other.

I'm sorry, i'm afraid i'm poor so the most I could do is hold your hand.

Well ok then, bye bdog, maybe I'll try again some other time. Hope you're all having fun with your game.

Good luck with whatever is going on with you guys.

I'm quite shy user I'd probably never even agree to meet even if I secretly want people to notice me

Basically me, it's a shame our autism is gonna keep us apart.

Yuck
I wouldn't really want to meet someone just to be lewd user, but I would love to play with you

Perv.

I want to slap that tushy

fuck me like him

Okay.

post nipple piercings

I feel like posting this again.

pastebin.com/FQ2zByLi

Show your gear and state how long you've been playing. Let's see who actually plays the game.

when traveling in the desert are there any safe afk spots from sunstroke / hypothermia? Like the pilgrim's sanctums?

Switch characters

Oases, the pilgrim's sanctum for the mostpart aren't iirc

No seriously, species damage is applied to both awakening and normal weapons attacks at a full rate, just like AP from accessories.
Whereas AP on your normal weapon is applied at a 30% rate to your awakening attacks, and the AP on the awakening weapon only applies at a 70% to it's own attacks.
But, species damage is applied at a 100% rate to all attacks, same with specific damage, like human damage on Yuria when it's applicable.

The implications of this is that Kzarka is better than other weapons by a huge margin. And Kutum always happen best for PvE.

any place where your map location becomes available is safe, so basically just oasis and valencia

I almost died from an irregularly long load-screen back, scary. Apparently the 'sanctuary' buff don't protect you from desert aids.

I was sort of leaning that way already so I'll go with that, thanks user!
Also didn't know main hand counted only 30%, I thought it was 50
For context I had both a rosar and an elsh and I wasn't really sure which to keep using, they're both duo ultimate

>Do not play Eastern MMOs.
yes, good, play our tab target trash, be a good goy

this valencia ii questline is such shit, you need to steal so much stuff which requires a lot of energy if you get fucked

>and the AP on the awakening weapon only applies at a 70% to it's own attacks.
t. doesn't know how math work
100% of awakening + 50% of preawakening means 70% is awakening and 30% is preawakeniong

that's the saddest thing you can think of?

so awakening attacks do 100% of their awakening weapon AP + 30% of their pre awakening AP?

Since mystic release, its my only combat class but I afk fished for like two weeks before that
Its fun but I sorta regret it cause its so hard to buy gear for a new class
I know I could have been a lot further if I grinded more, though

It is 50% not 30% but because of how math works the mainhand ends up being 30% of your damage.

>I sorta regret it cause its so hard to buy gear for a new class
It's just weapons really you could strip everything else off of that character and give it to a new kiddo

awakened damage is 100% of awakened ap and 50% of mainhand ap

oh fuck that's a lot more than i thought, no wonder awakening's are so much stronger than normal abilities. I kinda wish it worked vice versa though where 50% of your awakened ap was added to your main hand as well.

I don't know how much time total, 4-5 months of playing I'd guess. I started at release but quit quickly, came back around a year ago, and then again about 6 months ago, then finally I started again 2~ months ago and I've been playing steady since.

Always had issues rerolling, I should have more boss gear by now but I've lost no less than 1 billion to rerolling, otherwise pretty happy with where I'm at and currently trying to win bids on TRI kutum.

about to hit 40 on first char..
Is "grinding" or any of the PvE gameplay ever a challenge or nuanced? As in do I just smash little groups of monsters forever, or are there things with boss mechanics etc.. out in the world.

Technically two months but realistically more like a month since I had a lot of traveling and work on my master thesis to do. Not sure what I should focus on improving by my guess is getting a Kzarka/Boss armor.

the game is a joke until you hit like 54 or so. 1-50 is a tutorial.

Since around summer but the last month all I've done is fish and processing.

day1

I love you

>plays sorc and DK
you're alright

How do I join baka, im tired of being in a pve guild that does nothing. Tried messaging the dude in the pastebin but I think they're afk lifeskilling.

>Not a single PEN

Might as well start over.

How many PENs do you have?

:the smirk emoji:

since launch, but only a month or two each year.

also I dont do any afk activities