/arena/ - Arena FPS General

Pops Greiss Edition.

A place to discuss all of your favorite old-school and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

Q:C News: Hotfix will be released 18th january, next proper patch will be presumably released at the last thursday of this month (25th jan).

>Tutorials
youtube.com/watch?v=SSNNhUAVRuA
youtube.com/watch?v=gpir6ZZKmcM
youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtube.com/watch?v=f8CP1oSy_-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=n2tdDZWSGy4
youtube.com/watch?v=dkED2PSrl1c

>Q:C custom weapon skin showcase, complete with dual wield:
my.mixtape.moe/qebphk.webm

>List of /arena/ fags willing to play Q:C
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w_r9pS_mV3vAZXwJmb5gM5LB2km77pkAx9s0aGFDxR0/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hPjCwD1cidg
youtube.com/watch?v=n3b0OnuT_Z8
clips.twitchtv/GloriousDepressedKleeCoolStoryBro
youtube.com/watch?v=Bq8RRTwTAAk
clips.twitch
youtube.com/watch?v=IUTM_cnxIAU
esreality.com/post/2795063/question-about-a-possible-fake-pro/
twitter.com/Quake/status/954015806995787776
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for cute Slash!

newshit reposting question: could someone explain, in retard terms, how to do a circle jump to regain momentum? after running into a wall or another player for instance? i cant seem to get it down right

isn't it just moving your mouse and leaning to a side and than jumping?

something like that, im just retarded and need it spelled out. as in what order the key presses/mouse movements need to be in, or if its easier to jump in a certain direction than others. stuff like that; little things you learn after mastering it and playing for a long time.

start by facing over 110 degree away from the direction you want to go
hold forward for normal ground acceleration, then add holding left while turning the mouse smoothly and increasingly quickly left, then jump into a strafe jump.

thank you, this is just what i needed. i will try this out

youtube.com/watch?v=hPjCwD1cidg

>score top in quake champions
>still suck ass at quake live

what am i doing wrong? is q:c filled to the brim with babies?

im not the best, but you're turning in a circle with a + w until you're facing the direction you want to go. turning too slow or too fast can mess things up, so you just have to find your groove.

>some cunt prattling on uselessly for minutes and then barely showing you what's supposed to happen

>Webm getting the job done in 3 seconds

ql in general has more experienced players yes

QC has a lot of trash yeah. If you normally dominate, you probably don't get to see just how shit the other people are. Try handicapping yourself, like only using shotgun, and you'll see all these incredible nyxbabs who could literally be mistaken for bots that W+M1 bunnyhop at your face with a RL and nothing else.

Quake Champions is literally dumpster trash. Anarki ruined everything. I have NO confidence in a game developer who can create such a catastrophe

All Slash is cute Slash.

Give me a reason to start playing QC again /arena/

If you complete all of Ranger's runes then he find a slipgate back home. Do it for him.

I want to learn QW

I don't care how small the group of active players is or that they have a 20 year advantage, I want to learn it.

there is no reason right now
BJ has the same stack as Slash. Anarki exists. Ponder how they could have come to that and realize that there is NO HOPE

rush red armor and rockets and lightning

15h till hotfix, one week till patch...

Death Knight confirmed as next champion

The fire rises.

i don't give a shit about death knight since he looks so stupid and ranger already has a death knight cosmetic (that doesn't match)
give athena

Now something hit me why arena shooters might be not really popular anymore.

60hz monitors.

As it might sound stupid, but this might be a reason why for some average players, Quake/UT/Xonotic might be too fast.
Did resurgance of arena shooters kickstarted too early, before proper LCD 144hz screens?

HUH

people just want to hop in a game and hitscan a couple dudes, they want to be able to win the first time they play

they don't want to learn movement, maps, item locations, timers, projectile weapons, 1v1 or ffa

what happens is a new person joins TDM, doesn't know shit, doesn't pick up armor or health bubbles, tries to mg an anarki ADing all over the place, goes 0-50, uninstalls

you can fix this, you really can, if they could just get their shit together on this game.
>new person joins
>it's a vs. AI match
>noob-friendly features like overlay timers on items
>Anarki deleted from game
>Team-based game mode where dying is cheap(Sacrifice)
>awarded waifu dressup unlocks win or lose
>single-player mode that challenges players to learn movement

bait these people in, they'll grow to love airbornes and grow up to be quake players

>actually using the new cheat against Rapha on stream
the absolute state of QC

tell us more

what is this cheat you speak of?

i tabbed over and heard rapha mention something about every time the anarki killed him he'd teleport to a different spot or something, give us a hint on what to be looking for

is this advertising for rapha's stream?

It's so bad in QC right now
I know which team is going to win in voting by the number of people I recognize

Has anyone else noticed how much greater the community outcry over An*rki has increased over the past few days?

>Dallas routing goes to shit
>150 ping
>easiest game of my life
so... THIS... is the power... of Quake Champions

turn huhmas mode off and let me open them

I thought having high ping was a negative, at least in Quake Live, what the fuck have they done?

Is this Rapha and Dahang playing 2v2? Is that why they're doing so much better than before?

>I thought having high ping was a negative, at least in Quake Live, what the fuck have they done?

walk into room-> shoot rail -> an entire second later 2 faces finally notice me when the damage tick finally pings -> already fired second rail.

it's basically playing a game where everyone else is crippled with full second delayed reaction times, I can charge rooms and rape someone with LG or Nails or rocket before they even get a notice they're getting fucked

a laggy person LGs a guy, on his screen: 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7
on the screen of the guy being shot at: 56 7 7 7 7 7

if a lagmaster/timelord rounds a corner and starts shooting at you, you are fucked. If that person is going at high speeds, you will want to kill yourself irl

>tfw some trashkid buys a ddos off the darkweb just to try and win a match and you still win duRING A FUCKING DDOS
EAT NIGHTSHADE AND DIE, FUCKHOLE

best way to git gud at quake live? the movement stuff came to me pretty easily. do i just play a ton to get better

That's stupid, isn't that the opposite of what Quake Live has? Where the higher your ping above 50 the longer delay between shots?

Play, play, play. Lose, lose, lose. Review why you lost, look at what your opponent did to win, what angles he took, how he positioned himself, etc. That's what I've been doing and it's brought up my k/d by 0.2 after a week of play. Now I just need to work on my accuracy.

sweet, thanks for the response.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT AIDS EYEBALLS HOW THE FUCK CAN WE STILL HAVE THIS ABSOLUTE FAILURE OF A SPAWN SYSTEM
BACK TO BACK TO BACK TO BACK SUICIDE SPAWNS HAHA KEEP SPAWNING THE SHOOTING GALLERY BALCONY HAHA

PEOPLE HAVE BEEN BITCHING ABOUT THE SHIT-TIER SPAWNS SINCE THE FUCKING FIRST DAYS OF THE CLOSED BETA TEST
THE ENTIRE GAME IS A DEAD CORPSE ROLLED IN DUMPSTER TRASH
JUST $$$ SET ON FIRE
TIM EAT A BULLET AND HAVE ELEPHANTS RAPE THE HOLE

youtube.com/watch?v=n3b0OnuT_Z8

good night sweet prince.
rest well, buddy.

rip quake

it was fun while it lasted, good thing i saved my thirty bux

EU is sleeping or at school/work :^)

aussies and kiwis need to start picking up the slack

And about 80% of those ql players are playing CA

There's only 30 million of us, compared to over 400 million Amerimutts and Europoors.

Honestly, I don't like the attitude. This is one of the positive aspects of the FG community - The NERF NERF NERF people are usually chastised, and the idea is learning to play around the tiers

Any game with a roster of varied abilities and stats will have tiers. Perfect balance is impossible outside of mirror matches Even something like Starcraft Brood War, with only 3 races, has mathematical potential expansion per map/DPS you can calculate (that is, the three races are actually not equally strong).

I think Anarki is top tier, but not by much (In Duel, I think Nyx is far more aggravating). Rather than looking at him in isolation, idSaber should look at the far more worrying fact that the 3 lights are the top 3 characters. There is something to their base design that gives too much of an advantage

Another issue is that people are too quick to complain about characters. The games was brand new and newbies were clenching their asshole at Sorlag (which was still not as good as the lights). I personally think the game was better with more viable characters (a heavy that you actually consider picking over Anarki? That's good for the game!) rather than less, as it is now. I'd even reconsider re-buffing Doom Slayer's berserk a bit, just to make him a strong pick again

t. anarkishitter

this Anarki shit ain't balance like
>Scalebearer is slightly lower stack with slightly worse movement than Sorlag
anarkishit is like
>Light champion design is cancerous to the entire flow and feel of the game

Would reducing the health of light champions by 25, similar to how it was before the December update, balance them out a little more?

it would, but it wouldn't balance them, enough imo

A game that's only ClanArena isnt a live. It's a bunch of shitters who can't be asked to move on in life.

QC isnt released yet so we'll see what happens in the future.

75HP Anarki I think would fix him
Make him an "all or nothing" champion. Low HP to illustrate the fact he'd lose his overboard easily from being shot at

No. Just fix their hitbox.
Anarki needs a hitbox the size of keel.
Nyx's hitbox is fine when all of the hitboxes are updated the same way.
Slash's hitbox needs to not squish around like a blob.

We need Crash along with Hunter, and Athena.

>no helmet
that ain't crash

i think they should have prioritized bots
having good bots allows noobs to learn the game without the feeling of frustration

>"""""professional""""" quake players

clips.twitchtv/GloriousDepressedKleeCoolStoryBro

he was op even with 75hp

But back then he was much faster. Like 650ups top speed
Give him 75HP as he currently is

while it's good that his top speed is nerfed, his top speed isn't as big of an issue as his acceleration coupled with his small hitbox. it's that combination that makes his ADAD so powerful.

sad

>That perfect 3rd shot
This fucking game

amazingly i think he was pretty clearly off for all but one of them

and RAISY is memed as one of the best aimers in QC

Everyone has off days I guess

...Well this makes me happier that I suck ass with the railgun.

does qw have longjumps like in cs?
example: youtube.com/watch?v=Bq8RRTwTAAk

>kill nyx 50 times
fuck these challenges

>be expecting this to showcase how bad light hitboxes are in qc
>instead get to see a pro displaying temporary sudden onset retardation and playing like a scrub

what a pleasant twist

Junkie Anarki easter egg:
harmful effects of drug abuses

clips.twitch
.tv/SpoopyWimpySashimiYouWHY

he said "horrible aim" at the end so it's not like he was blaming the game

>He """"""""""""""mains"""""""""""""" an*rki

dm4 and ztndm3 seem BY FAR the best qw maps that come standard, anyway

i don't see how anyone could enjoy dm3 or dm6, in particular. do they all see comp play? or is it skewed toward just a couple maps?

also, in all my years of playing various custom maps in q3 and all the UTs, i never played on a version of q1dm4. how can that be? i'm pretty sure i've played on literally every other "classic" map from every other fps, even ports of doom1/2 maps. do people just have no taste? q1dm4 is fucking awesome, and at least 10000x better than aerowalk, the biggest meme map of all time

it's just not a good map

>clips.twitch
>.tv/SpoopyWimpySashimiYouWHY
To be fair this was when the Railgun was actually fucked up, and no one was hitting consistently with it.

>tdm that ends in 15-75
fun game

huh
tfw tfw haven't played a game in weeks and feel uninterested in doing so
is this how my gaming life ends?

i'm absolutely loving it, 10/10 map

youtube.com/watch?v=IUTM_cnxIAU

>winD
couldn't care less about that guy after i saw his blatant cheats in csgo.

>#WeWillNotBeSilenced
>#StandUp
>#MeToo
>#TIMESUP

What the fuck is this and why should we give a crap about it?

literally who cares desu

>WinD
Pathological liar "fake pro" with very low tier Quake skills. All the Duels on his channels are against nobodies because he can't climb in MMR/ELO to face actually good players

Also he recently was in a QC "tournament" with only people of his clan in it. How dumb does he think people are

Legendary thread on this subhuman: esreality.com/post/2795063/question-about-a-possible-fake-pro/

can they end the winter event already i don't like the snow version of maps

>can nu-id do anything right
no

that's an easy rune.
>quarterback(most captures in a sacrifice) 20 times
for BJ- now that's cancer

Nyxbabs and niggerkis in every single match really starts to piss me off, all they do is w +rockets with their tiny hitboxes and if they fuck it up they press their button and fucks off

jesus christ this guy is pathetic

twitter.com/Quake/status/954015806995787776

>id
>quality standards
LOL

QC team confirmed to be a skeleton crew
QC confirmed to be a low-expectations side game while the actual talent in the company works on NuDoom 2