How's it feel knowing you were lucky enough to pay attention to crypto at the beginning of the boom, Veeky Forums...

How's it feel knowing you were lucky enough to pay attention to crypto at the beginning of the boom, Veeky Forums? Such a wild ride ahead of us.

the beginning of the boom was like 4 years ago tho

We have added in one fucking day what the entire market cap was 4 years ago

You mean just before bitcoin dipped to 250 dollars?

Hey, crypto hasnt even been in existence for a decade.
In 2075 when the BTC reserve backs our money and we're using ETH atms I think a lot of the cryptoholders are going to be well off, even some Alts other than ETH

this but closer to 2030, possibly sooner

we will soon see countries like Switzerland and Japan reveal themselves as bitcoin havens, and you will find thriving communities of NEETs from Veeky Forums living it up in luxury in those places

tons of altcoins currently worth less than a penny might hit $100+ in a few years, King BTC and Prince ETH could be well into the multiple thousands

You guys are so full of shit

there are academics writing papers arguing in support of this

you recognize that there is a technological and practical benefit to crypto, right? I can send money anywhere so much more conveniently than ever before possible

the only downside is that the ease of acquiring it and using it is far from normie-accessible

both of these things are being addressed by some of the top inventors of the present day - blockchain tech is showing up on tv and netflix these days

I don't find it very hard to believe - cryptos are at the very early stages right now

I think if too many people start popping up with wealth the governments will start stepping in.

All it would really take is one superstar project on ETH for the shit to go ballistic, it's one potentially massive advantage it has over BTC in the fight for king. But maybe ETH won't be the one to deliver, maybe it'll be some fucking shitocin out of nowhere

There will also be countries, like Switzerland and Japan, and probably several unexpected nations, that open themselves to """Bitcoin refugees""", who will by definition have no difficulties transferring their wealth across borders. The right infrastructure will attract hodlers.

This is why you see Ethereum based out of Zug currently.

Exactly, I'm worried pinkcoin or Milocoin is going to leave us all in the dust scratching our heads.

don't stress it though my man, if that happens we can always just kill ourselves

>soon bitcoin will be 1 mil each and we will all live in crystal palaces like in our favorite animes.

Christ this euphoria has gone to all of your fucking heads get a grip hahaha

Is it a good time to buy either Btc or eth ?

Complete noob

I don't have a problem buying ETH now that it's settled a little, at least for the long term. In the shorter term it could go either way so if you're looking for a quick pump profit there may be better selections

This. The people putting their money in now are laggards and normies.

Like what ?

Kek I don't even know how to buy or sell em for cash later

>there are academics writing papers arguing in support of this

The academics research potential benefits of blockchains, they don't trying to predict future.

>you recognize that there is a technological and practical benefit to crypto, right? I can send money anywhere so much more conveniently than ever before possible
>the only downside is that the ease of acquiring it and using it is far from normie-accessible
That is true.

>both of these things are being addressed by some of the top inventors of the present day - blockchain tech is showing up on tv and netflix these days

So? There are countless movies about future with robot servants, yet I still can't buy my waifu sexbot (than can also make me tea and chicken tendies).

Capitalization of cryptos is still way too low to be even considered a worthwhile replacement of regular currency.

couldn't tell you, i'm not here for the pump n dump bullshit

no not at all. bitcoin has NEVER increased 1000% in a 12 month window without eventually falling to a lower price. just look where the altcoin market is at. so much shit valued so highly. Ask yourself: if this isnt the top, what is? does the market have to double or triple from here for you to think its too much? Even if you think it will, its too much risk, the real profit happened for december 2016 investors. they are up 700% or more, not the 200-300% that you would be chasing if you bought in. Do not buy now. It feels so bad to buy into a bubble. dont do it.

Didn't market capitalization increased because of shit ton of new coins?

I get what you're talikng and agree, but I think we will see bull market for some more time stil. I personally will wait for all this shit to come crashing and buy the bottom.

>mfw I realized all this in 2013

Kek yah there's always that

>they still don't know what a setup is