/dsg/ - DROPSHIP GENERAL

This thread will cover some of the best tools for anyone considering dropshipping.

DROSHIPPING GUIDE: drive.google.com/open?id=1Ti-laBUbfmIfyBifCHz5PwTDdJjeGtH_w18OdFhHE1M

MORE: dropshiptips.com

PREVIOUS:

Other urls found in this thread:

dropshiptips.com/five-best-tools-dropshipping/
dropshiptips.com
104.131.160.52/#
myip.ms/browse/sites/1/ipID/23.227.38.32/ipIDii/23.227.38.32
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For once I've been smart enough to pre-write this

Check it here -> dropshiptips.com/five-best-tools-dropshipping/

And before that shitcoin shill comes back I'm sure they're happy I haven't used an attractive female for the pic this time

>longtailkeyword SEO in 2017

>2021727
Implying it's not amazing?

I wish I could get an update on the people who asked for advice on their dropshipping websites. I know one of them was called fatel.

Im in australia and Ive heard that you have to sign a form to not get charged both us tax and australian tax on earnings when dealing with american businesses does anybody know anything?

Shopfiy is canadian if that helps.

How I can rebrand the chink shit which I buy from the manufacturer and put my fancy logo on it?
I dont want some chinese crap on my stuff

If you buy in bulk from Alibaba most manufacturers will do that for you.

Dropshipping definitely works but it's way harder than the guide implies. Setting up shop and making a store...that's simple. Actually making sales? That's a completely different ballpark. Just like how it's "easy" to start a Teespring campaign it's also easy to set up a store with Shopify and import a bunch of Chinese products. You don't just make sales for having a store--you have to hustle and establish your audience, brand, etc. You know, actual work. Dropshipping isn't really a scam but the notion that it's "that easy" is a scam.

Also that blog reads like the scammiest blog I've ever seen in my life. I've seen blogs advertising dick pills with more trustworthy writing than that.

I got questions about facebook.
From what I've seen people are making page(s) and then running ads on them.

Can you run ads without having a page?

Also, I don't think making a page specifically for your site is the way to go, you want to build a following by making a page that posts in whatever genre you are trying to get into, and then you slip in posts that are ads for your site.

So what are people usually doing? Making posts and then 'boosting' them?
Is there another way of creating ads?

Why not just sell the stuff you import from alibaba or aliexpress on Amazon opposed to creating your own site which people won't trust? I understand amazon gets a cut, but you would obviously pull way more traffic on amazon opposed to being on your own and relying social media or paid ads to sell your product.

you'd probably have to ship it yourself in that case.

what does /dsg/ think of the outdoors equipment niche?

Horrible. Might as well try and sell clothing. Oversaturated and hard to stand out.

how so?

i noticed you need to give aliexpress your number before checkout on purchases. i dont really want the sellers on ali to have mine or a customers number, what do i do about this?

Put in a fake number????

nevermind im retarded.

anyone have a custom note they send to all the suppliers through oberlo? what do you tell the supplier to ensure they don't fuck it up.

Amazon have an order fulfilment service, you don't need to lay a finger on the actual goods, senpai.

>be me
>completely useless for the most part but was able to somehow harness childhood autism to become decent at internet marketing
>setup private "buyers club" with monthly subscription fee
>load it up with items imported from aliexpress
>my customers absolutely love it
>mfw mark up each aliexpress item by $5
>mfw making money on the sale
>AND on the monthly subscription fee

I want to target 30-50 year olds, give me some advice on what to sell them Veeky Forums

Is it too late to drop ship vape stuff

Is it possible to make enough money off this that I no longer need to work a real job?

calm down

Do customers ever have to deal with customs or other international fees? Any way to identify when this can happen or avoid entirely?

Has anyone used Represent on Shopify to dropship clothes?

Is there a way to see what products people spend money on mostly and also how much money do people spend in one buy in general?

yeah its possible. Just not likely.

a fuckload of people are already in it

le fidget memes xD

feels like it yea

what payment gateways do you use, my options are paypal, 2checkout and corvuspay which is based here in serbia and croatia
2checkout seems very nosy about all the info and im not sure about corvus, i do have a payoneer account but im not sure how to implement it on shopify if thats even possible

bump

Buying on Aliexpress, selling on Craigslist - is it a good strategy?

Once again please someone explain to me how the fuck are people cool with delivery times FROM FUCKING CHINA!!?

my buddy bought 20 drones from dhgate and sold them all on cl and facebook for triple profit

bump. is anybody selling branded products? sum good deals out there but i dont wanna get in trouble for selling it without permission.

depends on where you live. I've had zero luck on craigslist, but made a lot of sales on ebay and amazon.

Ok, I bit.

Im setting up my shopify store now. Where do I begin? Do I add products first? Do I do the design and layout first? Etc.

Seriously considering starting a shop and been researching the last week or so, and now I'm getting targeted ads for Oberlo pop-up on YouTube, which is making me a little uneasy. They're really well produced so they must be making a fuckload from people if they can afford that sort of advertisement / production value.

Maybe I should consider getting into selling things to people who want to start dropshipping, like OP does.

What are you considering selling?

And do you have a market?

I started today (I didnt realize adding products would take for damn near ever). I already have a small circle I can sell at and a little bit of a market.

With oberlo is there a way the seller can pay all the shipping charges. I really want to be able to provide free shipping

No idea yet but I have a background in motion graphics / animation and have experience building social media channels - 40k on a Facebook page I manage and 5k on an Instagram page I started a few months ago for a client.

I could make the store look legit and make half decent video ads, I'm just on the hunt for a decent product and niche. I'm probably still going to give it a go for fun and see how it turns out. But the more I research, the less viable it seems.

Is not that hard, they just ask you to give them your tax collection number, sign some digital documents and that's it, they don't hold any american taxes.

How is it taking forever for new products? You using oberlo?

option a) find a seller that offers free shipping
option b) pump up your prices for free shipping

remember to check out dropshiptips.com

I am, but some things come in 4 colors and 6 sizes so its like adding 24 different items at a time.

I cant find some of the items I want with free shipping. The shipping costs are wicked cheap (like $1) but I think just being able to advertise "Free Shipping" would be nice. Id like to just raise the price a dollar and cover the shipping myself

I ordered from aliexpress to the UK with ePacket. It says delivery times are 20 - 40 days. It came in 9 days. What should I advertise as the delivery time? :S

"Usually within one to two weeks."

banggood is probably better for uk, but no oberlo.

I'm using AliExpress for a few items, but most of my stuff is from puckator, though I haven't done a test order from puckator yet. You use banggood as a supplier?

>From what I've seen people are making page(s) and then running ads on them.

One of the best ways is to make a niche page about something like animals or something, happen to get it to a large like count through posting memes and videos and what not (this takes a while), then posting content related to the niche from your own store. That's not really an ad, it's not paid for, it's just a post.

>Can you run ads without having a page?
Yes, you run ads from your personal account. Nothing about it affects the ads though.

Does it not link back to your personal account in any way?
Can you target your ad to your niche? By location?

Ask a dropshipper that has spent half a million on Facebook anything

(other $120k is on a diff account)

Best types of ads?

Can you put together an ad guide or point us in the direction of one?

What do you mean by type?

99% of the time, the only type of ad worth running is a Conversion based ad. Things like promoted posts, engagement, traffic, reach/brand awareness are all a waste of time and money

And video creatives do the best currently.

Would you be willing to hire me?I'm earning less than 500 bucks a month.

Tips on targeting your audience when making an ad?
I normally type in related topics with less likes (so if my product is health related, target the audience of pages like "health lovers" with each 1-10k-ish likes).

And do ads like actually work best? I always thought they were way too shill-like.

No I'm larping, or actually deciding which one to use. An EU warehouse makes sense for newbies since Norway is supposedly a goldmine.

yes, that ad format works. it's one of the highest converting formats right now believe it or not.

are you familiar with lookalike targeting?

Thoughts?

104.131.160.52/#

>are you familiar with lookalike targeting?
I've heard of it, it's where fb models your target audience for an ad off your already existing audience, right? I haven't made any sales so I don't have a big enough audience to use it yet.

I do print on demand from Pennsylvania. Sometimes it takes 7-9 days to the Pacific Northwest with shit postage like USPS Media Mail. If you do EMS from China to the USA it does not take that much longer.

Also, if you sell through your own site, instead of Ebay, the customer is yours. No Ebay safe-space-moderators to complain to. If the delivery is late, just stall the customer. How you do that is up to your skills.

Also, American customers, despite appearing to be blowhards at first glance, are A. used to pretty shitty delivery infrastructure. B actually quite understanding as long as you communicate with them in a polite fashion.

In my experience, keep them updated all the time. As soon as you have a tracking number or a delay, inform them. If you do next-level-stuff, automate this with API

Opening in a new tab is too shocking. Let them stay on your page until they find something they like. Change the find button to "Generate a random gift", and dynamically replace cards against humanity with something else. (Show a history of generated gifts in a list.) Also reverse the color of the buttons. Buy Now should be green.

AliExpress delivery in my country takes like 1,5 month.

Am I out of business if this is so terrible?
The reason it being so slow is terrible mail service in my country.

Is There a way to exclude my own country from the list of countries where my goods can be shipped?

can i contact you?

Whack a "due to high.demand this product may be delayed by 2-3 weeks" in ur deac

What country is that? It does sound like you would be fucked, at least if your country isn't Venezuela or Cuba.

you can dm me on IG if you want @moopily1

i have some good shopify themes and other tips i can send.

myip.ms/browse/sites/1/ipID/23.227.38.32/ipIDii/23.227.38.32

This will give you a list of all of the Shopify stores, some of them using drop shipping. Most are clothing.

nice

bump

the country is RF

I own a store that sells antique Persian and oriental rugs. Don't have website and don't sell online. Have 3000ish rugs price ranging from £200 to£14000. How can I get ppl to drop ship these for me?

Shoot me an email at [email protected].