Why aren't you orthodox, Veeky Forums?

Why aren't you orthodox, Veeky Forums?

Because I was raised Christian and think paganism is all a bit silly

should i just walk into the greek orthodox church in my town and say "hey i want to be orthodox now"

They will really wish you hadn't. The Greek orthodox church is an ethnic social club.

What ortho church isn't?

Because I don't believe that a human can be born from a virgin, come back to life, and do magic tricks.

Even if we were to suppose that he did. What's to say that he isn't an alien with advanced technology, or a magician practicing a previously unknown form of magic? Why is son of god the most logical conclusion?

1. I don't believe Jesus is God
2. they're too conservative for me
3. I have no cultural ties to Eastern Europe or the Middle East

Well how likely is it that a civilization type species form anywhere else in the universe given that we're the only species like that on Earth and it takes a very specific sequence of environmental pressures to produce intelligence in a population?

This, even if I came back to Christianity for cultural or religious reasons I would feel much more comfortable in a Latin mass

Personally, I visited a Greek parish and felt very welcome. Granted, it was about 40% converts, but most of the friends I've made there so far are ethnically Greek and they're p. cool desu senpai

Because Reformed Protestantism is the true faith

Cozy churches, but they expect you to believe in some sort of magical being who lives in the sky. Also, their calendar is wrong and they don't seem to care.

>Cozy churches
Is this true? I've never been to one.

Cuz Constantinople is in Turks' hands.

Oh and I've heard Antiochan parishes are very welcoming, but you're best off just visiting and finding out for yourself. Stay for coffee or whatever afterwards if they're offering. Bonuses of the archdiocese you choose is the food, pic related is goat, but the nativity fast is going on rn so ymmv

I'm not a retard /pol/ LARPER

Better question, why don't you Orthos reclaim Constantinople? The Catholics still have Rome.

Inb4 Russia 3rd Rome blah blah blah

Because the British got in the way.

It is true. I visited an Orthodox church in Canada when they had an open house, and it was cozy as, well, it was cozy. It was in the middle of Chinatown, so it stood out in what was otherwise a grubby area. Inside it was all wood and just felt peaceful. The people were friendly, too. It wasn't Russian Orthodox - it was one of the Middle Eastern ones. If I weren't an atheist, I would have considered it.

I also visited an Orthodox Lavra outside Moscow as a tourist. Lots of churches all together, and it was the middle of winter, so snow everywhere and very atmospheric. Russian Orthodox churches weren't so cozy - more austere - but they were really beautiful. Orthodox are really good at creating an atmosphere, I'll give them that.

>KGB clergy
no thanks

I am already a member of a member of a church tied to nation identity

I am Anglican with heavy Orthodox leanings. I essentially agree with Orthodoxy on most things, except for Filioque. I however prefer the customs of my own church, and ultimately I don't view being in communion with the original holy Sees as important, provided one is Orthodox in creed.

but i am

Because I'm not a fucking crypto-Muslim Russian, shut up about Orthodoxy already.