If history is written by the victors where were all of the mongolian historians?

If history is written by the victors where were all of the mongolian historians?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timur#Capture_of_Delhi_.281398.29
youtube.com/watch?v=KJCxIr3SXJM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_oil_crisis
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Maybe only the one who writes history is the victor

Why didn't the Mongols invade India? They could have vastly improved its gene pool.

They actually got BTFO.

The Mongorrs are only efficient in wide open spaces. They get rekt whenever there are more than 10 trees per square mile. Which is why the usual comments of "the mongols could've invaded Yurope!!" are so retarded.

They tried. Same as Korea and Japan, they got shit on.

A mongol derivative - the mughals - actually did and were very successful.

>what is the secret history of the Mongols

My friend has a copy from Mongolia but it is a garbled translation. There's a recent translation but it's like $100 for some reason.

They were afghans and they came 3 centuries later.

they were turco-mongols and count within the scope of mongol empires

While the Mongols might not write our histories, I remember that the history I read of the Mongols in school was very biased to to them. It made little mention of the tremendous death, suffering, and harm inflicted by the Mongols, but it told a great deal about how Mongols stabilized and united the Asian continent for trade, à la Marco Polo. Given the sheer number of people that the Mongols had killed this is rather biased towards them.

>persianized as fuck
>lost nearly all their central asian lands.
>had a very tenuous hold on india until akbar

Another euroPEON doing some damage control after finding out that medieval european kingdoms couldn't conquer arabs.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timur#Capture_of_Delhi_.281398.29

Timur did it with a mongol style army

>If history is written by the victors
It's just not true. Historians don't think this.

The dunasty started as a persianized turkic one though.

Babur was a nomad

They became Russians

mongols aren't arabs

I don't think they had a written form ot heir language. they were nomadic, they were usually fixated on survival, not intellectual caveats.

Korea became their client state though

he was pretty fucking persianized.

I meant the crusades.

yeah the mongolians were fucking brutal.

at one point they killed an entire city's worth of people and stacked the bodies in one giant heap.

nobody could get too close without becoming ill

the land was so toxic plants wouldn't even grow for 200 years, all the while there was this huge pile of bones you could see for miles.

So were the Ilkhanate rulers.

*patiently waits for the Carthaginian account of the punic wars*

It's buried under the carthagian salt.

They had the script that Genghis adopted from the Uighur BUT almost all of the mongols were conscripted so they had no time to learn it.

Soneone needs to do a Deus Vult version of that with all that failed crusades.

yeah, but they did some things that liberals like, such as being secular and establishing trade routes, so they're good boys who dindu nuffin

Indian gene pool is already pretty good.
Especially in the north where they would've gone first.

India has a lot of rough tropical terrain, so the path of least resistance was to continue towards the pontic steppe.

Later on the successor state the mughals managed, and they did use warriors from transoxiana early on.

Isn't there one?

If not

>This is usually followed by sacking constantinople and going west to india.

more like

>This is usually followed by failing every crusade except the first and islam reconquering more lands.

>going west to india.

You mean Alexander? He lived before Islam

Gee I wonder which punchable leftist historian could have been behind that?

>>This is usually followed by failing every crusade except the first and islam reconquering more lands.
It's not really funny though

>You mean Alexander?
No he went east.

>medieval european kingdoms couldn't conquer arabs
modern european petrol companies had no trouble doing it though

youtube.com/watch?v=KJCxIr3SXJM

Maybe because medieval arabs =/= modern arabs in terms of military prowess?

Wait, but european traders also reached india by going east (round africa)
I kinda understand the joke you are trying to make, but it is poorly worded.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_oil_crisis

It doesn't seem like an issue which really is automatically to be politicized among left/right lines, I mean, they were focusing on the benefits that the Mongols brought for the expansion of free trade and commerce. They could come from both the right and the left of the political spectrum, a lot of traditionally conservative right wingers might even somewhat glorify the Mongols for martial spirit.

Which leftist historian are you referring to?

That is amusing.

Sometimes I wish The United States wasn't such a benevolent nation.
Would've been funny to see him eat his words as the US took control of his oil.

Have you heard what he said?

He will just blow up the sensitive parts of the oil netwerk and boom, oil embargo for years.

he didn't even talk about the crusade go to sleep you need it

Here is the post i replied to , the guy said that the mongols failed to conquer places that had more then 10 trees per square mile, so i needed to remind him of the "conquests" of the medieval europeans which couldn't even conquer arabs despite trying for almost 200 years.

Yes I've heard the threat.
It's not as impressive as he thinks.

I don't think anyone actually holds those beliefs... Seriously I've never heard of Mongolian apologists, the word "Mongoloid" is an insult in our culture for christ's sake

A very problematic insult.

The germanic aryans were slaves of the mongoloid huns.

Not really, words change. It no longer refers to the ethnicity it's basically a synonym for Down Syndrome. Of course it originates from that, but its current accepted meaning is what matters

Yea and? Where are all of the virtue signaling liberal Mongol apologists you speak of?
Modern history lessons definitely don't skip over the millions of deaths or other atrocities

I think you mean Iranic aryans.

They killed all the chinks before they learned how to write.

As it turns out the mongols were far from invincible. Southern India was one of a dozen places they couldn't conquer.

they outsourced it like any other administrative work to the Chinese they didn't killed