Who had the best philosophers and why?

Who had the best philosophers and why?

jews
because bible

English """""""philosophers""""""

fukken saved

That's a union flag which includes wales Scotland and northern Ireland, which have contributed large swathes of philosophy including england.

Greek
Cradle of western civilization.

Germany by fucking far.
Britland, don't make me fucking laugh.
French are pretty high up there.
Germany is below the greeks, who are below the Persians.

Noice

Didn't Socrates have a potbelly?

Persian philosophy?

>English """""""philosophers""""""
>Britland, don't make me fucking laugh.

Yeah just don't forget to thank Locke and Hobbes and all the rest for the liberal democracy and basic human rights you enjoy.

And don't either forget le crazy hatted isought man of understanding human nature.

english>germans>french
>continentals

>Hume
>Locke
>Hobbes
>Bacon

i know you just came from /int/, but make an effort to hide it.

bump

>literal whos who were eventually btfo by the germans
""""english intellectuals""""

dude epic!!!!!!!

>Locke
>literally who

>babbys first philosophers
>relevant and important

Right

>people don't gain weight and lost muscle after they retire from military service

>babby's first
That title is reserved for Descartes and the Greeks

Germany, without a doubt.

France > Germans > British

He would be more fair to consider Latin vs germans vs anglos because germany is not a country

Deutschland, obviously.

Name one (1) great French philosopher, other than Descartes.

France.

Philosophy ends with Descartes, everything after that is nothing but wankery.

Abelard.

Germany>France>Scotland>>>>>>>>>>rest of britain

Germany: Leibniz,Wolff,Kant, Fichte, Schelling, Hegel, Schopenhauer, Nietzsche,Scheler, Husserl,Heidegger,Gadamer,Frege, Wittgenstein, Adorno,Marx, Stirner Habermas, Gödel,

France: Descartes,Pascal, Voltaire, Rousseau, de Saussure,Bergson, Poincaré, Merleau-Ponty,Bachelard, Sartre, Althusser, Foucault,Lyotard, Baudrillard, Derrida Deleuze, Badiou

Britain: Scotus, Bacon, Locke,Berkeley, Hume, Russel, Whitehead and ???????

I will wait while you make up your minds.

Only relevant Greek philosopher is Aristotle, all the other ones have outdated views which have been scientifically disproven

>Voltaire
>Sartre
>Althusser
>Foucault
>Derrida
>Deleuze
>Lacan

Not a good taste, they are sophistic but clearly intellectual

>hating on Sartre
>hating on post-structuralists

Pleb.

Pascal
Rousseau
Holbach
Montesqieu
Saint-Just
Poincaré
Bergson
Proudhon

Fuck off seriously, France always been considered as the center of Science, Veeky Forums and philosophy by all Europe.

I could also speak about the french thinkers off the middle age that are underrated and unknown.

Germany and anglos are barbarism until the classical era and they took their model of intellectuals in France...

I didn't pick them up because I like them or because they are good but because of their fame and influence. And if if they are sophistic they are still philosophers

France crushes Britain due to the sheer amount of philosophers it has produced. Britain after Russel and Whitehead has, what?

>Proudhon

What an odd choice. Why would you call him great? Even among anarchists, he's considered something of an important predecessor to Bakunin rather than the big deal.

locke, hume and russell alone are probably worth 2/3 of the french nobodies listed

Abelard and Descartes are worth more than the entire rest of Western philosophy combined.

Because he is a very relevant thinker to every political sides.

A monarchist or an anarchist can understand his point and find him relevant.

Rousseau, Bergson, Montesquieu, Descartes, Pascal worth more than all British philosophy

>bergson
>montesquieu

literally who

>Fuck off seriously, France always been considered as the center of Science

Fucking this, it always amazes me when arrogant analytics who have not read a lick of modern French philosophy of science/epistemology think they are superior to continental philosophy and have absolutely no knowledge of Poincaré,Bachelard, Canguilhem and Latour.

And these fucking autists really beleive that they are producing the holy truth in their universities

I'am physicist

Fuck off now

Why is Veeky Forums so pathetically ouiahboo?
Maybe jealous people post more.