What are some notable inventions by black people?

what are some notable inventions by black people?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_musical_genres_of_the_African_diaspora
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

*crickets*

Truly the most important things.

Video games.

>Lubricating Cup

wut

I gotta get me one of those.

Super Soakers.

Some of those things are pretty noteworthy desu.

>Carver invented peanut butter
When will this meme die?

Automatic elevator doors

>Stethoscope - Imhotep - Ancient Egypt

WE

At least half of them can't be true though. I mean : riding saddles invented in 1896 ? Guitar in 1886 ? Come on.

>insect-destroyed gun

Pimpin'

Based off a first glance, I have reason to believe not as few as five of those are true if even that many

>door knob

The Wewuzian Movement

Blacks have made contributions to a few things and invented a few others themselves, but mostly they're little trinkets and things which would be better described as 'quirky' than 'useful'

Most of those on the list aren't even inventions, and some of them are simply falsely attributed

Also when will the African-American Ancient Egypt meme die?

A lot of those things were just modifications of existing technology that they kind of shoehorn into claiming as an "invention".
Obviously they already had saddles, but that Davis guy came up with a more ergonomic version of it, according to the internet at least.
>William invented his saddle while serving as a buffalo soldier, African American solders serving either in the 9th and 10th Calvary or 24th and 25th Infantry who manned the Western borders. Davis served under the leadership of General Pershing in the 10th Calvary division. When the troop ran after Creek Indians , they had to travel a long and grueling journey on hard trotting horses. The rides were rough so William had an idea of how to make these rides easier by modifying the saddle they were using.

Same shit applies to a lot of those inventions. Like the guitar. It was the "modern" guitar, probably a redesign of whatever fretted string instruments already existed

Every invention is based on previous inventions.

True, and legitimate revelations are possible, especially within science, and some inventions could be considered more revolutionary or impactful than others.

I'm not saying that all of those things aren't important or good inventions, just explaining to those anons who are having a hard time believing that list that inventions aren't absolute epiphanic creations from scratch, there is a degree of piggybacking involved

>Door knob-1878
>Lock-1898
>Hair brush-1898

The fuck is this list?

Learning how to use something does not equal inventing it.

Blacks are a cultural juggernaut and have influenced music, sports, and literature on an international scale. Besides some neat but peripheral engineering (think Granville T. Woods), we've invented several genres of music, dances, etc.

>ROMANS WERE NORDIC
>EGYPTIANS WERE WHITE
>WE WUZ ARYANS
>EUROPEANS REACHED AMERICA BEFORE NATIVES, JUST LOOK UP THE SOLUTREAN THEORY
>HUMANS DID NOT ORIGINATE IN AFRICA
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>literature on an international scale

Black poets, writers, and political philosophers were a pretty big deal in the mid-20th century, especially around the civil rights era, when Harlem Renaissance figures became more mainstream. I don't think any reasonable person would deny that.

what are some notable inventions by /pol/tards?

>Also when will the African-American Ancient Egypt meme die?
When Egypt leaves Africa?

If you are black and american I am sure it may seem that way, but most people outside of the united states would struggle to even mention a black writer even if their main interest is reading.

The revival of the dankest evil known to man. Kek. If 8 Veeky Forums is doomed.

>Also when will the African-American Ancient Egypt meme die?

Probably when /pol/ stops thinking it's a meme. In other words, never.

>half of those are irrelevant
>the other half wasn't invented by blacks

Humans

Anti-colonial and national liberation movements regularly referenced black writers and activists.

And I'm sure most people would struggle to mention any Italian composer (or musician of any sort). That doesn't mean that Italians had no influence on music (in case you didn't know, they were huge).

please stop embarassing yourself. learn to cope with your inferiority instead of shitposting on this board.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_musical_genres_of_the_African_diaspora

It's a split between them, Jamaicans, and Black Brits. Music is an invention, so therefore...

>No banjo

Come on man, that's bluegrass history!

Fuck she's hot. I love chocolate skinned women.

>(or musician of any sort)
Yeah sure.
Pavarotti is super obscure.

Easily the worst invention ever. Thanks East Africa, your perfect conditions for sentient and sapient bipedal ape life doomed the entire planet.

Blues.

Just like Chinua Achebe ^:)

I'm sure Rome already had brothels.

Jazz, blues, rock music, hip-hop...

uhh...
Samuel L Jackson

AIDS

DELETE THIS

damn bro you really refuted him completely intellectually stomped him like holy shit

blood plasma

>be me
>study at European liberal leftist uni
>haven't heard of a single black writer, poet or painter

Sure man, so infuential. So much.

Maya Angelou is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. But even she only wrote a series of autobiographies.

>Stethoscope, Imhotep, Ancient Egypt

WE WUZ DOCTORS

Toni Morrison and Chinua Achebe

popular music
hollywood
boring fictions based on things like race gender
youtube

Worldstar

The knockout game

Vine

Whites are the only ones who contributed anything of value to this world, maybe a few inventions here and there by chinks. Shitskins are not capable of inventing things.

Daily reminder that all the important genres of music invented in the last 150 years have been pionered and invented by black people.

Only retarded storfront retards deny that blacks have taken white classical music and improved on it.

Blacks have bigger creativity than whites for music, since whites can only be credited to academical music, folk european music and some shit like Vals.

All the important white musicians in the last century have getting famous using black genres.

Deal with it.

its the arabs not the chinks... all whites are basically barbarians but the rest are even worse.

Didn't chimps get that first?

>hollywood
Kek.

Rock had 0 nigger influence

>WE WUZ CHIMPS & SHIEET

Langston Hughes? Sojourner Truth? Frederick Douglas? The Harlem Renaissance? Wow

>elvis presley was considered the eminem of his time
>blacks didn't invent rock
>being this ignorant

Decided to do the first half of this list.

>Frederick M. Jones
Invented a system for refrigeration to work in trucks, alongside a few dozen other patents for x-ray machines, gasoline engines, sound equipment, and other refrigeration machines.
>George Cook
Invented an Automatic Fishing Device, and not much else.
>Richard B. Spikes
Multiple designs for beer taps, the cue rack, braking systems for trucks and buses, and an automatic gear shifting device.
>Charles Drew
Invented the blood bag, and created one of the first official blood banks.
>I.R. Johnson
Invented a folding bicycle frame that became the basis for most modern bicycles.
>W.H. Richardson
Created a design for a baby carriage that allowed it to be pushed AND pulled, and became the basis for most modern baby carriages.
>Joseph N. Jackson
Biorhythmic cycle indicators and personal fertility predictors for female use, and several influential designs for early remote controls.
>Henry T. Sampson
Co-created the gamma-electrical cell for use in nuclear reactors with George H. Miley. Also created several designs for solid-fuel rocket motor propellant binders.
>G.T. Sampson
Responsible for one of the earlier designs for automatic clothes dryers. Other designs used open flames, while his design used a specially-designed stove.
>Osbourn Dorsey
Actually did invent the doorknob, or, rather, the mechanical system attached to a doorknob that activated the latch. Also patented the most popular design for door stoppers.
>Blind Willie Johnson
One of the first revolutionary blues players, indirectly leading to rock & roll and modern music.
Continued...

>Alexander Miles
Invented the automatic elevator door.
>Lewis Howard Latimer
Assisted Alexander Graham Bell in creating the telephone and Thomas Edison in creating light bulb designs.
>Garrett Morgan
Invented the hair-straightener cream used in many cosmetic products today. Also invented a type of black hair dye and a safe, efficient design for fire safety hoods that was then adapted in WWI for use in gas masks.
>George Franklin Grant
The first African-American professor at Harvard. Actually did invent the wooden golf tee.
>Robert Flemming Jr.
Invented the Euphonica Guitar, which acted as the inspiration for modern guitar designs.
>Lydia D. Newman
Invented a design of hairbrush that was easy to disassemble and clean.
>A.C. Richard
Invented the "Insect Destroyer Gun", which was used to shoot jets of water or pesticide at swarms or hives of insects.
>Sarah Boone
Created a more efficient design for the ironing board.
>John Albert Burr
Improved the design of the rotary blade mower so that its gears don't get clogged. These improvements are used in almost every lawn mower seen today.

Some of the invention are not very revolutionary, but others are quite important. In particular, Charles Drew was very important to the British war effort, and in storage and transfer of blood.

>Chuck Berry
>Hendrix

nice b8

WUZ

African Slavery

contrary to belief, american country music was invented by black people

>literally 50 things.

I am sure you cannot make a list of things invented by whites. But that's besides the point.

Arabs and Chinese made al the important shit.

Jews made hollywood

That doesn't really change the fact that they weren't white. Maybe not as dark as the rest of Africa or maybe just so heavily race mixed due to being the centre of trade for the longest time that it made them a shade lighter.

Jazz
Hip Hop
Blues
Rock n roll

Not an invention but there's that Barbadian economist who got a Nobel Prize.

U N D E R R A T E D

DOCTUHS

fpbp

>Lantern?
>Door knob?
>Guitar?
>Hairbrush?
>MOP???
>Stove?
There is no way this is real. All of these things are so rudimentary they have been most likely used in pre-history. Fuck off silly leftist nu-history.

>When will this meme die
welcome to Veeky Forums where people ignore facts in order to fit their shitty politically correct views into reality.

He invented a type of Peanut butter.

Shieeet we make musik 'n stuff bruh
>Jazz - ignore white country influence
>Hip Hop- Began as black people using samples from white music to make beats
>Blues - Booze&Bad life choices are pretty much the soul contributors
>Rock n roll - ignore how all of the most popular rock icons are white except muh hendrix meme

Pre-history was a time where all men were black. We all came from Africa, after all.

Being the greatest form of human cancer since jews

Purple Drank

> Not understanding that there was roughly 50,000 years where races were separated and evolved in their respective environments
People didn't just leave Africa and magically have skin color changed within 5,000 years

Yes you retard dark skinned, there were no blacks in prehistory until around 60,000 years ago. The humans we came from looked nothing like blacks since the San humans are the oldest humans on earth yet the only traits they have with blacks is their hair and their elongated skulls.

Making some things "cool" out of sheer force and the other cultures that appropriate it.

>Guitar

Childhood is ruined thanks. Now I have to burn the Super Soaker I bought my nephew for Christmas.

Why are San not Black?

>Motor-1939
>Ironing board (is this even an invention? it's a folding board)
>Tricycle (Putting another wheel on a bike is an invention?)
>Mop
>Stove
>riding saddles
>guitar
>lantern
>rolling pin
ok, now you're fucking with me

I'll only accept that you influenced our music with your banging west african rythms.

You have every right to revision history. If you have any basis to back your claims, you should say it.
We've been wrong about many things for so long. Question everything but God.

>Holocaust didn't happen

I won't argue about it, I'm sure they were, but based on a white american society and education. Black Africans have accomplished very little in their history. The greatest kingdoms in Africa aren't african heritage. They're based on muslim societies, and Egyptians just weren't black africans.

>The greatest kingdoms in Africa aren't african heritage. They're based on muslim societies

So if it's muslim it isn't Black?
You fucking kidding me?

Rape

>zimbawe and dogon were muslim
>ghana was muslim
>talking about things you don't know

What's the difference?

During the middle ages the Chinese and Persians were actually ahead of us in most scientific pursuits. We quickly surpassed them once movable print and the renaissance happened tho

Kek was invented by /r9k/, faggot. /pol/ likes to mooch off of our memes.

Enjoy your ban. :)

> So if it's muslim it isn't Black?You fucking kidding me?

I think he was implying there is a stark difference between "Muslim culture" which was strictly an arab phenomenon in northern africa and "Black culture" which was located in south africa. Muslims did enslave blacks for a long time and even today view them as sub-human or at least an unwanted part of society