/vn/ - Now that the dust has been settled, what do you think of sukisuki Edition

Visual Novel General #1813

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

nisekoirantslations.wordpress.com/2017/11/22/its-been-a-while-and-i-hate-maki-route/
youtube.com/watch?v=SmsRN78qMxM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Vanilla is best neko.

Can you not fuck with the OP? Retard.

kys

I LIKE LOLIS!

"Punished Haruto: A boy denied his homeland"

>edgy anarchist
oh boy

Man, I thought Senri was going to be annoying to read because of that Coldsteel style description, but Haruto ended up being like 10 times more obnoxious.

Maya

Sadly my sister isn't at home right now, so I can't kiss her.

Maitetsu when?

Why

I swear I had a picture with train loli pict on it.

SAYORIIIIIIII!

AZUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

RENNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

LOLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS

AHHHHH SUKISUKI

Hi there

An obnoxious protagonist is a sign of a good read. (Shirou)
I myself find SJ quite engaging, pulled 2 all-nighters already. Other chuunige such as Dies irae has better plot, but I can stop halfway to go to sleep.

Just finished SJ and well... It didn't really leave any impression I guess

I don't like Fate and I can't stand Shirou.

>An obnoxious protagonist is a sign of a good read.
That's some bullshit there.

Being obnoxious means that he has some personality is subject to potential character development.

And that would mean it would be reliant on the writing. And the story has to have a scenario good enough for the obnoxious protagonist to play with. So no, having an obnoxious protagonist doesn't mean a good read.

I never said it means a good read.

This lacrosse shit is tiresome. I understand why it needs to be there, but it couldn't be any more boring

You were supporting whoever made the first post so what gives? Otherwise what is your point?

Do you have reading comprehension issues?

Yeah.

age should make a lacrosse VN

Thank god Mikoto came back to give me a reprieve from this shit.

Only if it means I won't have to see it again in another VN of theirs.

I take back what I said. I love lacrosse.

Remember to vote for NTRge

Never

Are you gay?

This scene where Takeru rips everyone a new one is pretty great.

Before this I would say no. But there is something about Mikoto I can not deny. Perhaps my penchant for tomboys was a gateway drug.

If you like Saber, you should unironically hang yourself. Worm slut best girl.

Saber is cute.

>Perhaps my penchant for tomboys was a gateway drug.
So your taste for girls who look like boys turned into a taste for boys who look like girls?

I would say rather than "turned into", my taste instead "expanded" to include it, yes. It's a bit troubling.

>Worm slut
She's old men property.

I am old men.

worst*

ftfy

Irru whos your favorite delinquent?

yuuma a cuck

Mordred a cute

a person of taste

Renna by far.

Azusa

AZUSAAAAA

Best girl never ever, why live?

>spoiler
TRIP!
Btw, any idea how good is the FD? Aside from having the best girl in it of course.

E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.

I like girls who look like boys who look like girls

>Azusa

>girls that essentially look like traps but aren't

Isn't that just a girl that is bad at looking like a boy?

In all seriousness, has translating Renna made Trip reconsider doing the fandisc? Assuming you two don't burn out on Hoshi Ori/other toneworks games.

I've decided not to take a look at the Virgin Road anymore.

If (when?) Trip formally decides we're not doing Virgin Road then I've just been hurting myself the entire time.

Fuck off shitposter.

The biggest issue Trip has with the Tsujidou franchise is Hiroshi.

It's safe to say that he likes Yuuma more, pretty sure he talked about this in his "I hate Maki route" blogpost.

>I like Yuuma from Hatsukoi better than Hiroshi, to be honest. There may have been some bad writing that made readers tear their hair out at times in Hatsukoi, but he at least had this general character theme of wanting, or perhaps daring, to immerse himself in an extracurricular activity again after his incident with basketball. The cafeteria committee stays as a major theme throughout most of the routes in Hatsukoi, and several of the routes feature him earnestly trying his best to better himself and the committee he runs. I think Yuuma was a decent protagonist.

>In contrast, I find Hiroshi somewhat flat. He seems to have maybe three traits—two of which seem to be tailored to make him uninteresting and the last of which seems to be to justify having exotic h-scenes. He’s a “really nice guy,” he’s completely against violence of any kind for any reason at all, and he’s a closet pervert with the sex drive of a horse that allegedly killed Catherine the Great. Or maybe in that situation he has the sex drive of Catherine the Great? The urban legend’s something about her dying while having sex with… whatever.

nisekoirantslations.wordpress.com/2017/11/22/its-been-a-while-and-i-hate-maki-route/

Can Renna (route) change that? I dunno.

E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.

>he likes Yuuma more

To further elaborate

>But Hiroshi’s second trait seems to be exclusively there just to ruin the point of the VN [for me, at least]. If the main selling point of the VN you’re reading is that all of the main heroines are delinquents, then you’d expect some cool fights and presumably delinquency. I’m sure I’ll get into this more once I review Tsujidou, but it’s like the writers were very, very careful to make sure that this game stayed away from its outward premise, what with “if it weren’t for enjoying fights, Ai would be a normal girl” and “Renna and the rest of her group just don’t seem suited to being delinquents.”

>But anyway, back to the point, Hiroshi’s vocal dislike of violence of any kind, even fighting someone to help your friends, seems to be just another way the VN steers clear of its delinquent premise. It was especially evident in Ai route, where the entire conflict in the relationship is about Ai getting into fights. I find it really annoying.

Yeah.

Stop giving (You)s.

>he likes Yuuma more

Is she getting married to Otou-san?

>The biggest issue Trip has with the Tsujidou franchise is Hiroshi.
Ah, right. Sorry I was going from memory and thought his biggest problem was with Maki herself.
I guess I can understand not wanting to translate more of a protaganist you hate, individual routes are one thing but I can't imagine forcing myself through a project where I hate 90% of what is said.

I guess to each his own, but hes not a delinquent, so it only makes sense for him to not want to see his GF not get into fights and potentially get hurt.

Delinquent theme is a fun premise, but they took a lighthearted approach to it all, which I do enjoy.

>Ah, right. Sorry I was going from memory and thought his biggest problem was with Maki herself.

Well, it obviously connects a bit. Maki being the way she is, is only possible because Hiroshi is acting like a doormat all the time.

>visual novel general
>plebbitors decide to talk about some faggot instead of visual novels
Absolute cancer

>The biggest issue Trip has with the Tsujidou franchise is Hiroshi.
>he likes Yuuma more
I haven't even played Tsujidou but I refuse to believe Yuuma is better.

holy shit you fucking faggots fuck off already if you don't want to talk about visual novels

I could keep droning on about any thought that passes through my head while reading a VN if you'd like.

I thought Trip just wanted cute girls? Whats cuter than Ai?

Slut

NTR Pregnancy!!!

the fuck are you on about? We're discussing a pair of MC's being complete faggots.

He's not, Hiroshi has a few really fucking good scenes like that when she rescues Kumiko, Yuuma's cool scene count is at -1 (for that verbal beatdown from the council vice-president).

No you are talking about some chink faggot. PM them on twitter or something instead of ruining the general. God damnit, even DDLC shitposting is better than this.

user, do you ever think you have some irrational hatred towards someone? Or even general anger issues? We're still very much talking about VNs.

;_;

Medea is not a worm slut.

youtube.com/watch?v=SmsRN78qMxM

Nothing wrong with being gay, user.

It hurts

"notrance" was alright at the beginning, now with billions of events and shitty ost is totally killing me by boredom

I'd spam more about Muv-Luv, but I've got to go. Sorry.

welcome to nukige endgame
you'll just farm girl's events until you get H-scenes

^_^

I'm going to go with "conditionally gay" or maybe "gay for Mikoto".

>It's safe to say that he likes Yuuma more

>Mordred
Is that a fate reference?!

don't worry, I'll be sure to post twizzlers in your absence

Is there an english translation of bitch gakuen floating around anywhere

>Female
>Personality: Boku

worst girl has the most scenes, bluarghhh!!!!