Do soldiers go to hell?

Do soldiers go to hell?

Yes.

Probably.

Fuck off

Everyone goes to hell so this is a rather silly question.

anime is blasphemous idolatry

They go to VALHALLA

Upvote if you agree!!!

>OP is a faggot for once
>posting anime
>asking questions instead of proposing them
>not even a outline or thesis statement

Depends.

They go to Heaven, for they have already experienced Hell.
[spoiler]Or they would if such things existed. Instead, they all get their eternal rest.[/spoiler]

>Atheist """"spoilers""""
Smh baka

>'if such things existed
lol XD upvote

lmao triggered

I guess I court the bait
>mfw falling for the bait

The Final Inspection

The soldier stood and faced God, Which must always come to pass. He hoped his shoes were shining, Just as brightly as his brass.

"Step forward now, you soldier, How shall I deal with you ? Have you always turned the other cheek ? To My Church have you been true?"

The soldier squared his shoulders and said, "No, Lord, I guess I ain't. Because those of us who carry guns, Can't always be a saint.

I've had to work most Sundays, And at times my talk was tough. And sometimes I've been violent, Because the world is awfully rough.

But, I never took a penny, That wasn't mine to keep... Though I worked a lot of overtime, When the bills got just too steep.

And I never passed a cry for help, Though at times I shook with fear. And sometimes, God, forgive me, I've wept unmanly tears.

I know I don't deserve a place, Among the people here. They never wanted me around, Except to calm their fears.

If you've a place for me here, Lord, It needn't be so grand. I never expected or had too much, But if you don't, I'll understand.

There was a silence all around the throne, Where the saints had often trod. As the soldier waited quietly, For the judgment of his God.

"Step forward now, you soldier, You've borne your burdens well. Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets, You've done your time in Hell."

>few years fighting
>comparable to an eternity of suffering
"No"

Well, since Hell is primarily a construct of the Christian religion, we'll look at the argument from that theological perspective.

Short answer is no, Soldiers do not automatically go to Hell. God gave the Sword to Government that it may maintain order, peace, and justice. In so doing protect Gods people and his Church.

Soldiers are a neccessary part of Governments divine function. As such, the greater Sin is not in the fighting but in refusing to obey the order to fight by the Government which God has ordained as your sovereign.

This applies even if the war itself is immoral. Saint Augustine wrote that Christian soldiers "by divine edict, have no choice but to subject themselves to their political masters and [should] seek to ensure that they execute their war-fighting duty as justly as possible."

The sin of the war falls not upon the soldier, but in the leaders who abused the care God gave to them in waging it.

It should also be noted such protection do not apply to Mercenaries. Mercanaries are not soldiers in Christian war theology. They do violence solely for money and do not have the imprimatur of Gods governance upon their actions. Any act of violence committed by them is therefore a sin.

In war, every day is an eternity

According to Divine's Comedy and various video games I played yes.

If they are saved, no.

If they are not saved, yes.

The bible's instructions to soldiers is to not bear false witness against anyone, and to not bitch about your paycheck.

feels were had

If the Army and the Navy
Ever look on heaven's scenes
They will find the streets are guarded
By United States Marines!

Hell is a construct created to confine the devil and his demons.

It will hold all of the humans who joined their rebellion quite easily.

I'm a priest and according to catholic teachings Satan facefucks every soldier in Hell.

The soldier stood and faced God, Which must always come to pass. He hoped his shoes were shining, Just as brightly as his brass.

"Step forward now, you soldier, How shall I deal with you ? Have you always turned the other cheek ? To My Church have you been true?"

The soldier squared his shoulders and said, "No, Lord, I guess I ain't. Because those of us who carry guns, Can't always be a saint.

I've had to work most Sundays, And at times my talk was tough. And sometimes I've been violent, Because the world is awfully rough.

But, I never took a penny, That wasn't mine to keep... Though I worked a lot of overtime, When the bills got just too steep.

And I never passed a cry for help, Though at times I shook with fear. And sometimes, God, forgive me, I've wept unmanly tears.

I know I don't deserve a place, Among the people here. They never wanted me around, Except to calm their fears.

If you've a place for me here, Lord, It needn't be so grand. I never expected or had too much, But if you don't, I'll understand.

There was a silence all around the throne, Where the saints had often trod. As the soldier waited quietly, For the judgment of his God.

"Step forward now, you soldier, You've borne your burdens well. Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets, You've done your time in Hell."

Shit this guy beat me
If the sceptics want to stag on for eternity that's fine by me work smarter not harder

And now you know why men prize novelty.

As nobody goes to hell, the answer to the OP's question is no. Notice also that this is a simple refutation of the latter reply, by which he almost undoubtedly really meant "ALMOST everybody". Why even have the religion in the first place if it is impossible to join the Elect, the Saved?

Happily, it's all nonsense, and the best joy of the reality of death is exactly that it gainsays the conventional wisdom of religious traditions, which is the conceit that /there will be, one way or the other, some differentiation of status in the afterlife./ Some people will have been right all along and will meet a pleasant fate, while others will meet a (far more or far less) unpleasant fate. What is really going on with these fictions is the human mind's and the human society's need to tell stories in order to strive, to oppose to others, and so on.

cont.

No

cont.

When you tell someone the truth, remind them of it - that, when it is all said and done, you are every bit as good as a Jesus Christ, or a Jeffery Dahmer, or a William Shakespeare, or an Albert Fish, or the sad quiet old man who works at the gas station - Meaning exactly that everyone who has ever lived or who will ever live all simply cease to exist after a few decades on the outside, and that's the end of it, and everything that you thought was so important all this time will not bother you the least bit, soon enough, because you will ultimately have amounted to what every other human being without exception has really amounted to in the end - well, most people naturally hate hate hate the truth of this, /because in one sense it sounds boring, and because it equates all to all/. The human mind has to imaginatively spin a false continued differentiation of status in order to imagine a false afterlife that may be /striven for/, that a /story/ may be told about, to motivate and frame action in life. Sincerely knowing and understanding the latter frame, that I've just given, does much to demotivate a person. But there is a positive, cynical pleasure among edgelords of reminding normies, contrarian quasi-religious /pol/ types etc, and even the sincere Christian, of what he knows deep down inside his bones to be false. If he didn't, then why does his own mortality continue to instinctively bother him in /most/ (not all) cases (these are the extra-delusional ones), his religious protestations to the contrary?

The joy about the above, the shit-eating glee of stating it, is thus reserved to the cynical nihilist. The religionist, the humanist, even the scientist, a type of humanist, all rail falsely against it.

A lot of soldiers seem to be the gorilla warfare 300 confirmed kill types, not the serve your country humbly types ever since the vietnam war, which was shitty and unjustified.

Final Inspection poem protagonist guy BTFO. How will he ever recover?

No they go to war.