steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

Mechwarrior Living Legends:
clanjadewolf.net/mwll/
mechlivinglegends.net/

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

Heavy Gear Assault:
store.steampowered.com/app/416020

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

Have No Fear In Your New Fafnir:
mwomercs.com/fafnir

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s (embed) (embed)

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Some of the MWO Models and Cockpits:
gamemodels3d.com/games/mechwarrior/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg (embed) (embed)

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TyBaSvvFPzw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw Fred wins given the Atlas's current state

I get the reference

So, I listened through RJ's interview with Chris Lowrey from two days ago while playing a different game and clued in on how mech balance actually happens.
Chris made the unbelievable statement that the Timber Wolf is not only the best 75 ton mech in the game, but it's also the best heavy mech for its weight class in the game. And that he had metrics to prove it.
Listening further to the stream, it appears the 'metrics' taken to support that claim is from all sources - FW, Quickdrop, ALL tiers of play.
During prime time and the weekends there is a massive portion of the player base that is Tier 5 through Tier 3, and they are still playing what's Fun as opposed to what's meta.

So, yeah. Noobs are propping up numbers on mediocre mechs. Confirmed from a guy that sends his 'work' in from home through telecommute that has his figures confirmed by 2 total other people that might glance at it at best if they're in the mood. Chris more or less answers to no one involving the details of game balance.

The shit is still on RJ's twitch page as a saved video. It's the most unreal thing I've heard in my life that a game that thousands play is balanced by one dude who doesn't even show up to the office.

but the timber wolf isn't mediocre. its legitimately a good mech.

It's only "mediocre" if you're a T1 NEET who needs instant torso rotation, all-high-axial hard points, and jumpjets to poptart with to consider any mech at even "meh" tier.
Welcome back to 2016.
May the Cata rein supreme.

It's a good mech, sure. Is it better than the current meta's laser vomit Hellbringer, or the Warhammer 6R, or can it stand up to an Orion IIC A or a MAD 3R in a duel? Is it the go-to mech for faction play as well as championship level play?
I mean, it's the mech that is the obvious choice that good players reach for? Fuck no it isn't, because it has a crippled Assault class agility set of figures instead of the Ebon Jag agility it used to have, dealing with wide torso hit boxes while being given stock 75 ton armor that a 55 ton Bushwacker with 65% of survial skill tree picks can beat for total armor.

My first post stands. He balances off of figures propped up by the game's masses of noobs.

Engine desync was a mistake. Disjointed and unpredictable welfare totally not negative quirks for all.

Where is my powerdraw system?

>piggy never added collision or knockdown back in
Fuck you.

Please stop making these threads. Thank you in advance.

Please shut off your bot. Thanks in advance.

Given that Hawken no longer exists, Atlas wins regardless.

This is a guy who didn't even know basic weapon stats, and that means he's balancing by potato.

Good luck with that.

Goons

Who will protect me from the enemy?

probably some lurm brawler, good luck with that

I need to take a better screen shot of this mech. Too bad it won't show the 2MRM30s in the LT.

What's a good LBX mech? I wish to blast sand

anyone remember mechassault?
youtube.com/watch?v=TyBaSvvFPzw

this was the shit back in the orignal xbox, kicked so much ass. I think the mech explosions are still some of the best ive ever heard

Can it be emulated? That was the only reason why I wanted an Xbox, but I never got one.

Played the NDS Mechassault whatever game. Hand cramps, all day; e'ery day.

Getting away with murder

>low quality YouTube rip plays over Mumble

Okay, is it my bad (highly probable) or 2xUAC20 MCII-B is kiiiinda bad, because you have to chainfire them and can't really double-tap so having UACS gives you no that much of a benefit in alfa, and it also kinda fragile if you go brawling, because you can't shield with arms and get mowed pretty fast, especially considering polar higlands - LRM qplay galore.

tldr. How am I to play UAC40 MCII-B? I went broke buying it and need another couple millions to be able to refit in with other weapons.

Should've went Dual LBX20 or dual goose, kiddo. Dual UAC20s is terrible due to ghost heat and [[[JAM]]]

I actually bought it for quad UAC5. Should switch to LBX20 perhaps.
Is it worth using high level targeting computer with heavy cannons?

Mechassault was the fucking jam
>tfw didn't have Xbox live when the game was at its prime
>never got the online multiplayer experience
well
at least grinder with 2 people was still fun

Quad UAC5 isn't bad if you don't jam. You should use at least a TC1 with that build but definitely go bigger if you have spare tonnage/crits and haven't skimped on armor, ammo, or engine size.

>17% chance to jam
>All of them jam on the first double tap
Thanks, Pigu

What size mech/LBXs do you want?

Because it's "seeds" for RNG are actually timestamps. Thus mass jamming.

That's fucking beyond stupid. Who's the monkey developing this shit?

I am a fan of the Heavy but a medium could do. 10s seem to be the most efficient but I could be wrong

UAC40 is a fun idea, but PGI hates Clans so Clan UACs jam easily, on top of being bugged. Stick to LBXs for close-range BOOM, or dual goose for a long distance bitchslap.

As for TCs, I only ever really bother with type 1s, but if you've still got spare tonnage after filling everything out I don't see why you can't go for a bigger one.

You can run dual LBX10s on the Bushwacker, which is pretty tanky thanks to quirks and its geometry. LBX10s aren't too hard to fit into most heavies, and are pretty straight forward in their use (i.e. I ran a dual LBX10 E.Jag for a while). Dual LBX20s are fun, though you'll mostly be looking at assaults for that.

Time to whack some bushes

multiple 10s on a medium will be touch, but one good one for that is the Bushwacker. Do you have a preference for IS of Clan or no concern one way or the other?

IS Heavies are the Warhammers, Roughnecks, one of the Orions, Marauder 3R and a few others I'm probably not thinking of right now.

I've been eyeing a BSW for awhile so I'll probably grab that. You know which flavor is best?

Honestly, you can't go wrong with the Wacker for mid-sized autocannons. For example, it can even fit dual RAC5s, though I personally don't suggest this, since they run very hot and you'll have no sidearm weapons to work with.

X1. Use the two side-torso mounts, that way your autocannons will be centered, not underslung on the arms, and you can then use both of the arms as shields. The XL engine is not an issue most of the time imo, though you can switch it out for an Light Engine if you think it is a problem.

Wonder if RAC/5+LBX could work. Hmm...

>entire right side gone, everything else orange or red with no armor to speak of
>have good opportunity to pincer maneuver the enemy team
>mech that is with me refuses to go around first because someone lasered his CT a bit
>happily follows me when I go first though
How do these people even manage not to die of fright when hit with something big?

i want to believe its because this game got a lot of world of tanks refugees who don't understand the concept of pushing or brawling

They hold S until the big, scary man is gone. Then they hold W

B-but, I gotta protect my KDR bro...

Seriously, this is what loses games 9 out of 10 times. people just refuse to push, back up into their team, cause a snarl as they're trying to flee and end up getting everyone killed cause they can't fucking hack it.

HBK-4G with LBX-20 and some mediums, can't go wrong with it.

The funniest thing is that we got exactly the same contribution towards our KDR from that push with 1 kill each before we died, even if I died to the first mech that spotted me. We won though, because many of them turned and killed him right afterwards and got promptly cored from behind by the rest of our team.

rip hawken

anyways how would you make lights actually good besides just LE SNEAKY BACKSTABBY MECHS AFTER HALF THE TEAM HAS WASTED EACH OTHER or *instantly fucking dies*

someone post the tier doesn't matter image pls

I dunno man, I don't count serendipity as a balancing factor for stupid. I'm normally the guy on the tip of the spear cause I don't give a flying fuck about KDR, and have a bit of an aggression problem, but I -HATE- dying because people pussed out and hid while I get wrecked for my audacity.

That's pretty much the purpose of lights in this and any mechwarrior/battletech type game. Lights should be off doing recon, not getting stuck in with other mechs and fighting, they should be running away from other mechs since a light's 'real' job is recon not engaging the enemy.

Tier does matter. The only people who say it doesn’t are the t3-t4 scrublords who somehow still manage to get wrecked by similarly brain dead pubbies. You should be ashamed of you're self.

Why don't you?

Tier is just an Xp bar that fills up over time, which generally means that yes, someone in T1 will be overall better than someone in T5, but thats mainly just due to time played, not a true indication of "skill".

That's literally what I run. Personally, I think the LBX pairs nicely with the RAC, as it adds to the dakka, provides some punch once their armor is gone, it's something to shoot if the RAC jams, and gives you a weapon that isn't plowing into your heat bar. Haven't bothered to switch out the engine yet, though desu I'm not too concerned with it either.

Because that's what they're for? Lights in Battletech are for recon, hunting vehicles and infantry, or operating in a wolf-pack to go after larger mechs. Like so many other things, that does not translate well into a short, fast paced 12v12 deathmatch format.

what builds do the KONG lords run?

Dashing runs stock warhammers.

>tfw trying to make the Atlas viable
How's the attempt?

Though how quickly it fills up can be. 5 matches into an alt account and already T3. This is just silly.

AC20 + 4SRM6 there viable, now fuck off

>AC20 instead of LBX20 or HGauss
Why?

Single pellet, no charge time, fits with LFE

>LFE
Ahh forgot about that. Thanks.

LFE, AC/20, 2xMRM30s
Try that.

AC20 and SRM6 are also on the same reload time so they sync for proper torso twisting

Keep the 2 MPLs or drop them for more ammo?

Flamers.

drop to ERMLs and get a little more ammo. Even with the 2 ballistic mag increase nodes I've found I run out of ammo when only using 3 tons. Maybe that says I need to aim better though.

>100 tons
>less armament and worse dead side than an Onion-To-See
the_absolute_state_of_assault_mechs.webm

The front side is FAR more durable though.
As is the structure.
It also manages the heat better.

If I manage to run out of ammo with 5 tons of each I need to git gud.

>that puny armor

dude even in my K i barely have any tanking power, that thing will get eaten alive.

I'd die like a retard to that, if you know what I mean

what's the closest thing to 4LB10 Kodiak.

A 4LB10 Sleipnir probably.

4LB10 Mauler

Lights are fine. Spotting and disruption is invaluable early game.

If you can achieve a team split in the first few minutes of the game and get significant tonnage to stop and take potshots at you or even chase you, the game is already won.

Not to mention the ability to place 2 perfect strikes every game, since you have the speed to get a good angle and get out.

Just get an IS light like the wolfhound, which has the armor of clan 55-65 ton mechs and runs 140kph. The perfect pub molesting machine. You can even put an lfe in it to absolutely fuck with people who think they can shave off your side and be rid of you.

The fact idiots love to chase down lights makes then way more effective than they should be.

>don't chase the rabbit
>.....I'm gonna chase the rabbit
>in an KCrab?
>I'm gonna

b... but free kill...

I must admit though, coring a cheeky light is extremely satisfying

You will NEVER nuzzle with haruko

Trolling and/or ganking the fuck out of fatties is pretty damn satisfying too, so the feeling is mutual.

kisu kisu!

>305 damage
>NINETY FUCKING FIVE (95) TEAM DAMAGE
HOLY FUCK
GET
OUT
OF
MY
FUCKING
WAY

I wish, my (relatively outdated) WoT experience is people pushing too much, over extending and being killed one at a time, all the while my "impenetrable" steel shoe is shit on by premium ammo because having to play tactically doesn't make a profitable game.

At least if those 'tards jumped ship something would happen.

>take some rear CT damage, yellow
>the fuck, friendly fire?
>ignore it
>take more damage, orange
>alright it's something behind me
>turn around, spot an ECM Steatlh Armor 2ERLL Raven
>squirrel after him in my Mad Cat Mk II because everyone else is completely ignoring invisible Raven
>play cat and mouse with him, do some good damage and he relocates and I lose him
>alright back to the frontline
>stumble across him again, he's focused on my team
>blow his leg clean off, he looks at me and realizes how bad things are, fires his lasers helplessly at my front armor
>core his CT out with my next alpha
>manage to kill another guy from behind because he was flanking my team and didn't expect someone to be so fucking far back
>team has somehow stomped 11-2 despite being down a 90 ton assault
>match ends with me having done basically no damage because I decided to hunt down a Stealth Armor Light
Worth it.

People do it in both, but imo it's more prevalent in MWO. Probably because babby's first mech idea is 'I'll pilot the giant assault mech and I'll be amazing!', and then when they get shitcanned repeatedly since they have no idea what they're doing, they become too traumatized to try doing anything remotely risky. At least in WoT you're taught from the very beginning that you are metal box that will explode if someone looks at you funny.

So many QP teams where you'll have 10 people just trailing in the general direction of whoever happens to be furthest along, and the moment they stop everyone clusters within 200m of each other and waits until someone else moves. Poking is done one at a time, and no one will support the poker (unless it's by walking up directly behind them so they can't back up when they start taking fire). One or two people might have the balls to try and do things on their own, and they often get picked off first because they over-extend and/or their team is huddled away in a corner and refuses to come out.

The more successful teams tend to be those that aren't made up entirely of mouthbreathers and actually go on the offensive. Defense works on occasion, but more often than not it just ends with your team being passive, not reacting to or recognizing threats, or straight up running when things get a bit hairy.

>team fucking rotates/NASCARs hard and leaves me for dead
>for fucks sake
>hold on but take way more damage than I'd like
>survive until they push back
>moving to engage an enemy Grasshopper
>fire on him
>something explodes in front of me
>A FRIENDLY Hellbringer dropped down in front of me the split second after I fired and absorbed all of the damage meant for the Grasshopper
>after the Grasshopper fucks off, the Hellbringer has the nerve to alpha my rear ST and crit out a bunch of the weapons in it as payback for him being retarded enough to drop in front of me
fucking nice

Oceanic servers are literally aids, broken fucking hitreg.

>HPG Manifold deathmatch
>pre-match talk finds out we have 2 close-range built assaults and a heavy as well, at least from those vocal
>someone says lets go tunnel
>entire team parks there, no one moves out
>pop a UAV, enemy team is directly above, like all of them
>talk that we should wait
>suprisingly no one goes solo
>eventually 1 enemy mech drops to look WTF is happening
>melted in a second
>well, now we win if they stay passive
>1 more drops, also melts, then another 2
>4 minutes to countdown, entire enemy team starts attacking (those it's now 4-0)
>12-1 final score, peace of cake match, most people not even scratched

games are like 10 times better when people try to talk

Yen Lo Wang is fucking broken holy shit

how so?

The difference grows smaller every day, as more scrubs march into T3-2.

MWO usually makes T1s play with 2s and 3s.

AUGH
GET OUT OF MY FUCKING WAY JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

You do know that you can move too, right?

No, I need to be in this OPTIMAL position and it's your responsibility to get the fuck out of my way because you're a shitter who has parkinsons and can't even shoot the red doritos

>he only did 305 damage
>and did a crazy high 95 team damage

Sounds like you are the shitter to me.

>be on HPG
>decide to play a game after lame series of forced games in 2 ERML Centurion for challenge
>casually execute two Locusts trying to run through the team with ATMs going through Locust ass and indeed coming out the mouth on the other side
>win 12-3 as team stops fucking with squirrels when dead, enemy team fails to resist our squirrels

I love bullying lights. Streakcrows are good at it, but ATMs work on everything else and getting a sweetspot shot on a light for the one-shot never gets old.