/hg/ - Halo General

#394 - Logic Plague Edition

Welcome to Halo General. Here we discuss the Halo games, expanded universe, and fan projects. Discussion of general Xbox developments, news, and games is also allowed unless stated otherwise.

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/18-and-up

>Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/TEdXes5c

>Halo 5 Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/
xboxclips.com/

>SPV3, the Halo CE fan remix project, can be downloaded for free
youtube.com/watch?v=VOMzNMe8qHE

>>>Halo News

DOWN WITH KAI

I think the logic plague theory is kind of dumb but I have a feeling they will go down this route to try and retcon what they did to Cortana

If it's clearly in jest I guess this is acceptable. Drama in a generally is usually a sign it's dying, with nothing else to talk about, but I guess whirrrr will always be amusing.

Are dramaposters worse than 3babbies?

theyre kaiposters so yes

Hi red

When copy-pasting the thread, remember to delete the [open] text at the end of link, or else it doubles up. This is because it's automatically added to links.

Reminder to Post your gamertag, helmet, visor, and colors if you want to be in the helmet collage. We have 30~ish helmets already.

I forgot its only the second time I've made one and the only reason I did was to make sure no one tried to slip any drama into the OP.
Thanks for the reminder user

What happened to the megablocks game?

>not posting the most accurate one

I concede reach is also shit

explain this

Using a pump action shotgun is cool so they put it in the game

Explain what? There's no argument or question presented.

I never understood how unsc weapons could ever hold up against the covenant at all

Why wouldn't they?

Bullets are bullets dude.

I imagine them more as primitive projectiles and having weaker ships made of weaker materials. The covenant seem far too advanced, even if their reverse engineering was shit

Your headcanon is really muddled and wrong.

there is no better feel than going cloaky with an urs fuel rod and killing the enemy core from 100% to dead singlehandedly with 30 seconds left

I havent read the books in a long time but surely the covenant ships are made of much stronger, more refined materials? Plus their shields.
When it comes to weapons im unsure both have their pros and cons

Covie tech is designed to fight Flood. Plasma does melt us, yes, but Kinetic energy beats them.

Yes

This is false.
In the lore the plasma weapons are significantly more viable and deadly. A single plasma pistol can melt a warthog.

That makes sense.
Does anyone know how long the covenant knew about the forerunners/had their tech before coming into contact with us? Would be cool to have a proper timeline

Post helmets

Let me rephrase: both can kill each other.

uhh
forever
since before they formed the Covenant they were using reverse engineered forerunner shit and fought each other with it.

Helmet user gave it an X but whatever

>people are finally leaving the company
About time Kai dies

2 MAC rounds kill a covie ship. 1 if you can disable their shields another way.
Personally I think you have a better color combo than Jking but it does evoke Monster so I see why some might not like it.

Yeah, they should have a revolver shotgun

You're a funny man, Mister Bond

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
MUH ACHILLUS
HELP ME /HG/ AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Stop it sigmund

Keep the memes drama free

>You will never be a knight who valiantly hoists the sighorn into his enemies

I wish it was a weapon in dark souls

Kek
Sometimes I love you guys

Live

die

Wew lad

The marine kill commendation is done

Holy christ sweaty

>Putting in the work
Gonna have to step it up this weekend

Repeat

BASED SWEATY IS BASED SWEATY IS BASED SWEATY IS BASED SWEATY IS BASED SWEATY IS BASED SWEATY IS BASED SWEATY IS BASED

Good job sweaty. Lets show these defectors what for. We just finished Lucky too didnt we? /hg/ should be working together instead of dividing themselves over one persons ego and inability to look past a particular incident and carry on.

Looks like the Jews got to him

First strikes next?

These Kai memes are getting out of hand

pretty accurate backup has been trying too hard to piss him off

they were getting out of hand multiple threads ago. Just ignore them and carry on. They want attention more than anything else

Who are objectively the top 10 /hg/ anons?

Koolaid is numba 1

Red
Sweaty
Neirn
Crude
Jking
Fish
C0
Grim
Koolaid
Donkey

Red and Sweaty are top tier anons, I dont think there are enough to fill a top 10

1. Sweaty Towels
2. J King345
3. THE ONE BIG RED
4. C0 Assassin
5. Neirn
6. Colonel Crude
7. I17Grim
8. Wizards0nly
9. Chaosdroid 2
10. IJ999

>Neirn
>Wizards
>droid
The company drama made me see them in a different light

I wasn't even in the company until like a week or two ago bruv. I haven't even been shitposting in the thread. Basically nothing has changed for me.

Red
Crude
Sigmund
Sweaty
C0
Kai
Jking
lj999
Rathalisk
Grim
(no order)

I never knew you werent in the company, I just cant add anyone to my list who was involved im just glad its over

Imagine my surprise when it's a kaifag dramabaiting again.

Has anyone read envoy? Never even heard about it until yesterday

I think we're just getting started.

Yeah, in a fucking shit light, I agree

>people are still assmad about the so-called "exodus"
Y'all are retarded. As long as you're playing with /hg/ and post in the thread, you're part of /hg/. Company bullshit doesn't matter.

If you're not in the company you're not in /hg/

I ccan defend all three of these people.

>Neirn
Dude was barely in the company to begin with. He was back out before he was even in for too long. Has not a shitposter, has not a piece of shitg, but he is on and ready to party up all the time. That's what matters. He actually reminds me a lot of Red.
>Wizards
Literally did nothing. Yeah he left the company, but keep in mind he didn't even join the new one that Backup & Friends did. He just left because as he saw it he didn't want to pick a side and rightfully deduced that the schism shit is stupid. Lately he has been absolutely instrumental to the helmet pics for the collage, and he's always around to chat and/or play. Maybe there was a time when he was more immature. If so, that has passed.
>Droid
Droid has been very vocal about his actions as of late. He didn't do it for Achilles, he didn't do it yo hurt /hg/. He has made it clear he only did it "because it's fucking hilarious." It's just the memes, Jack. That's all. Plus has still the #1 most frequent webm poster and has a constant presence on most /hg/ media. Has he been vocally anti-Kai at times? Yes. Is he a bit overly negative? Sure. But none of this is new, so to say now that you see him in a new light makes no sense.

But Neirn is an Enemy of the State

We can all agree Backup is a dick eating faggot now though.

Okay retard

t. THE ONE BIG LONE WHITE RABBIT

The Logic Plague would make the most sense but they bungled its application.

The Precursors/Gravemind outright proclaimed their intent to create an everlasting chain of suffering for all life in the galaxy, through one means (or servant) or another. Their MO has been to confront the champion of their enemy and convert them into a force of suffering for their own ends (Mendicant Bias, the Ur-Didact, etc.).

Thematically, the whole "Reclaimer Saga" could have been a series of events tied together by the influence of the Precursors: in Halo 4 you fight an Ur-Didact twisted and warped by the Gravemind's insanity; in Halo 5 you fight Cortana who is likewise warped into an unwitting instrument of the Precursor/Flood will. Instead we have a whole bungled story in which it appears Cortana has gone batshit of her own accord, with little to no hint that there might be another party responsible for her behavior.

As it is, the only hints we get are quotes similar to/ripped from the Didact. And that's not nearly enough to hint at an overarching theme or behind-the-scenes entity who might have caused such a rapid shift in character.

>The world's most autistic comic!

Did you not pay attention to any pre-343 story?
UNSC tech CAN'T stand up against the Covenant.

Ultimately, on the ground UNSC weaponry is decent enough (a bullet's a bullet, whether it's plasma, hardlight, or metal), but when it comes to shit that matters in far-future warfare (shielding, faster-than-light tech, WMDs, etc.) human tech is highly outmatched by the Covies.

The Covies always had the numbers too. You could breed an overwhelming army from Unggoy within a handful of short generations.

Being a grunt must suck

>not editing the helmet onto the last mostly obscured poster
baka my head famalam

The comic advisory approval logo should also be replaced with T for Teen

These helmets have increased the meme potential for this place 10 fold

I like energy swords

Much Better

Hello Dragoneye

I always assumed from in-game behavior that canonically Covenant weaponry was designed more specifically to fight other Covies (since plasma generally drops shields faster).

Does the /hg/ discord still exist? Did I get kicked from it for being inactive (mostly play on pc; mostly use teamspeak these days)?

You are correct.
Unfortunately game and book canon are basically separate things.

Yes and most likely yes
Post GT

We clear inactives every so often, so probably.

Invite code is Qhf5Muc

ignore this fag you don't need to post GT

Message Sigmund82, xBackup Beastx, or THE ONE BIG RED on xbox and they will send you an invite.
Alternatively just post your GT

How can they redeem themselves?

Remove sprint

Fookin

Open world game set on a Halo ring