Daily reminder that this autistic motherfucker is the only man in history that started a land war with Russia and won

Daily reminder that this autistic motherfucker is the only man in history that started a land war with Russia and won

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lombard_League
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Doesn't count. Russia was not unified when he invaded. It was a loose collection of principalities

Factually incorrect.

Except for Japan
Except for the Alliance in Crimea
Except for the Polish Commonwealth
Except for Sweden and some holy orders

So was the

>"Holy"
>"Roman"
>"Empire"

at the time, which lost to italians and poles.

Why did things have to end up the way they did

They look similar

>Japan

I thought that was a ceasefire.

Wasn't the Russo-Japanese war mostly fought at sea?

t. uneducated person
Winning a war with Russia is easy, it's conquering them that's hard
WW1's Eastern Front was mostly fought in Poland

The Nips definitely won

It had land battles with forces numbering in the hundreds of thousands and the war resulted in large in-land territorial concessions
But yes the naval front was critical and at the end of the day it's rather disingenuous to bring up a conflict on the far eastern fringe of the Russian Empire when the topic is really an invasion of European Russia.

Did France manage to get real concessions from indivisible Russia in those wars?

Yes, are you that ignorant of the Napoleonic Wars?
Russia was only barely in the 2nd coalition since it was far away and all, but in the 3rd and 4th one they tried their hardest
The Treaty of Tilsit after the 4th coalition had Russia cede part of its territory so France could resurrect Poland, and they were forced into an humiliating peace that made them enter the Continental System (France's sphere of influence)

user the Duchy of Warsaw's territory was entirely carved out of Prussian and later Austrian territory.

It wasn't part of the Russian Empire until afterwards.

Prussia was the humiliated part while Russia went into alliance with France.

>Prussia was the humiliated part while Russia went into alliance with France.

They "went into alliance" after getting humiliated and knocked out of the war at Friedland

>humiliated
You keep using that word
The only ones who were humiliated were the Prussians

Russia made fairly minor concessions while making an alliance and getting promises in return. I've never seen anyone describe it as a humiliation for Russia before.

Later on Russia went back on the treaty, leading to France trying to invade Russia and eventually losing their empire.

Will Le Pen make France and Russia best buddies again?

>The only ones who were humiliated were the Prussians
>Russia made fairly minor concessions while making an alliance and getting promises in return. I've never seen anyone describe it as a humiliation for Russia before.

Napoleon went easy on the Russians (both in the 3rd and 4th coalition), but they were still humiliated on the field
After Austerlitz, the Russian army was encorcled by the French and was allowed to go home only because Napoleon permitted it

In the 4th, the Russians arrived late and hoped to reverse the course of the war, but got BTFO and knocked out of it in one battle

Lost one battle to italians after (and would still) occupying them for a millennium. Also defeated the poles many times.

Despite being called a "friendship" treaty, it clearly made Russia at least partly subservient to Napoleon. He was able to make them not trade with Britain, causing them to lose 20% of their exports.

short answer: no

long answer:
polish succession: that was actually kinda a russian win, because they got their candidate on the polish throne
austrian succession: wait what, Russia was in that war? i dont think any russians or french met at the battlefield
2nd coalition: Russia ragequit, but wasnt really defeated for good and France was fighting for survival, so they were glad that their most powerful enemy was out
3rd coaltion: halt of hostilities after Austerlitz, then continued into the 4rth coalition
4rth coalition: Napoleon desperately wanted that russian alliance, so he allowed them to walk away free despite all the shit they had done and the bloody battles he had to fight
invasion/5th/(6th): french loss
crimean war: was purely fought to prevent russia from further expanding, which was successfully achieved (for the moment)

>but got BTFO and knocked out of it in one battle
butthatsfuckingwrongyouretard.png

>Russian government agree to German peace treaty
>Somehow not a German victory

Trying to get a peace treaty is the same as surrendering.

Care to explain your reasoning a bit more?

German didn't want to fight anymore, because they would of lost if they continued the war

moreover, russia gained territory actually

Yes, the Russians were so kind that they gave Germany almost their whole european empire (i.e. the non-russian parts) so they could stop the war and not have to lose

lol they've had lost in spirit, not in gains.

Because they were having a war on two fronts.
The Entente didn't lose, Russia did.

That was short-lived Pyrrhic victory.

I meant that Willy wasn't the only one that started a land war in Russia and won

The revolution could be considered a war, which the reds won.

Daily reminder that the Kaiser can waggle my willy!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Lenin was probably a quarter Asian

It really shows in some pics

EPIC XD JOHN GREEN MAY MAY

LE HOLY ROMANS XDDDDDD

That's not what Pyrrhic victory is. Getting Russia out of the war was greatly beneficial to the German war effort.

>One battle only

Wrong

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lombard_League

Lenin and his revolution had delivered the final srike, not the Germans.

He merely subjugated all of the southern city-states, he never took Vladimir and Novgorod.

>Except for the Alliance in Crimea
Ganging up on them after they were close at defeating the Ottomans is more shameful than anything, and the Swedes didn't win, they've lost the Great Northern War.

They've lost most the wars they've led against the Poles, you're welcome to double-check it, if you want.

And yet, they've won.

The most difficult battles were fought on the East, if they didn't get the Russians to surrender sooner, they would've been overwhelmed at the West.

> Vladimir and Novgorod
Shitholes without any of importance. Moscow was his vassal, who cares about dirt poor noname cities.

>And yet, they've won.

Not the wars discussed in the post, they lost these
They won the next one, but only because Alexander went full retard and burned his cities

Novgorod was actually the center of East Slavic culture and economy for quite a while.
Think Russians are the only one to ever close to completely destroy and ravage their own cultural center.

>Lenin and his revolution had delivered the final srike, not the Germans.
So like a stab in the back?
>Ganging up on them after they were close at defeating the Ottomans is more shameful than anything, and the Swedes didn't win, they've lost the Great Northern War.
Sure you denying Sweden won any land wars at all?

Vladimir was the granary of the Rus' and Novgorod was one of the most important trading hubs in Medieval Europe with a sizable population and immense spiritual and cultural importance.

I'm aware of it, but I've forgotten to add "in the end" at the end of my statement.

>went full retard and burned his cities
A valid strategy, that sunk Napoleon's army into the cold primeval dirt beneath it.

Basically, yes. It has split the Russian army and society into conflicted factions and forced it's government to officially resign from a global conflict.

>Sure you denying Sweden won any land wars at all
I hope you're not implying that Jacob's entering Moscow was a victory. During his career, Russia was allied with Sweden.

Sweden achieving control over the coast of Ingria is one, no?

>A valid strategy, that sunk Napoleon's army into the cold primeval dirt beneath it.

That's a valid strategy when fighting for your country's survival
But destroying your own cities and burning the farms, dooming hundreds thousands of your civilians to starvation in the process, just to avoid having to abid by a trade agreement is a bit edgy

>Lenin and his revolution had delivered the final srike, not the Germans.
You mean like Germany wasn't actually defeated in WW1 but it was Jews and Communists who led uprisings and stabbed Germany in the back?

God damn that is one ugly mustache. Did people really think that looked good at one point?

Why do they wear Turkic dailywear and armor?

Was that during the Times of trouble?

That was done to stop him from winning in Russia and saving reputation.

I referred to Russia, not Germany.

That's not Turkic attire.

>He merely subjugated all of the southern city-states, he never took Vladimir and Novgorod.

Do you really think that an army which defeated all of the southern states and then went on to conquer almost all of eastern Europe right after would be defeated by fucking russian cities like Novgorod and Vladimir?

Hungary put more resistence to the mongols then russia ever could in this time, and they still won.

Conquering Vladimir and Novgorod would be just a matter of time for them, Ogedei Khan wanted them to reach the other ocean.