Why black people are the superior race in terms of musical creativity

Why black people are the superior race in terms of musical creativity.

Pretty much all the important genres of music in the last 150 years have been pionered and invented by black people.

I can't name a single major musical genre in the last 150 years that isn't made by black people.

Blacks have invented the most number of musical styles in history, look up the wikipedia page on the african diaspora music and the african music pages, literally more than 100 genres.

Sure, whites invented classical music 200 years ago, but then black dominated music.

Not even trolling.

What's their secret?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_West_Africa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But whites discovered and distrubuted LSD, checkmate bigot.

>Blacks have invented the most number of musical styles in history

Banging a stick against a drum isn't a music style.

Name one instrument created by Africans

The synth guitar

>Gregorian chants
>classical music
>Greek lyre and flute playing
>the harp
>Germanic chants & drums
>opera

quantity does not equal quality. Neither does it equal creativity.

drugs and untempered himan mind. as soon as you try to mimic someone all your creative talents vanish as some of you might have found out the hard way. compose a random short tune on the piano, now compose something that sounds like bach. sadly nobody tells you these things but you have to do it yoursekf yo know it.

Banjo

pic related.

>can't name something that isn't 200 years old
also, yes retard, more genres means more creativity.

Aside from the obvious cultural reasons, music has been the traditional way for Afro-American slaves to coup with the hardships they faced. The blues and gospel music both represent the hope and despair associated with being black in the American South. One of the few options for societal advancement past sharecropping for young black men was to become a wandering musician in the spirit of the Minstrel tradition that had all but died over in Europe.

jazz and improvisational jazz can be compared to classical, unless you're some pleb.

>banjo
>drums

Are you 2 actually retarded? Tweaking existing percussion and string instruments does not equal creating new things. Nor does it equal creating music genres.

But whites did into hippie jam bands, vaporwave and ska-punk

All those had become stale genres in 19th century Europe, some of them dead. Afro-Americans brought something new.

What about the synth guitar, you fucking retard.

african polyrithms are still way more complex anything europeans have made, including bach.

unless you don't know nothing about music.

Also new wave, neopsycedelia, and indie

>fucking retard

>Tweaking existing percussion and string instruments does not equal creating new things.

The banjo existed in Africa you mong

>he still didn't realize all human art is a gradual continuous line of pale imitation and outright theft from others

The banjo was invented in africa. Drums have existed all over the world. They werent invented in one single place.

>the whole world of music is measured by post 19th century music

Bet something that they weren't invented in Africa first.
Unless you believe that the human races evolved convergently.
I wouldn't be surprised if the drums were invented a few thousand years before early modern humans were even around.

>OP claims that post 19 century music is basically music made by blacks
>huh duh but pre 19 century music
kek retard.

This. While the European minstrel has been dead since the 17th century, there are still Griots in Africa that continue to go from place to place. It's one of the few things that African American culture retains that's mostly African in nature

theyre actually the exact opposite and as different as any tyoe of music can be. theyre both complex and use ditonic scales but nothing further. also all jazz is improvisional thats what makes it jazz..you jazz up what sounds good to you without caring for modular conventions or timing..embrace your sevenths and ignore your fourths and lo and behold...you got jazz.

I didn't claimed they're equal, I claimed both are equally respected academical musics.

>"Why black people are the superior race in terms of musical creativity."

>"Pretty much all the important genres of music in the last 150 years have been pionered and invented by black people."

>thinks these two statements correlate

Kek retard

unless we re talking about blues or jazz music. i cant convince your internet adulterated axioms but just try taking drugs and composing on jazz on your instrument of choice...the further you go from your favourites the better it will sound. and that is jazz. going o different places than the tunes that dirst come to your head. using your ears and not youe memory. those negroes didnt hear jackshit...they didnt even have record players. when they finally got some...they hated it and ognored music to embrace words as in rap..and i respect them for that.

if you're more creative you invent more musical genres, idiot.

jazz isnt academical if thats even a word...its mostly crack pr cannabis or beer but nothing academia...later they started having university couraes on jazz but notice how there isnt one on composition unlike classical..because you need to be high or drunk to play jazz and there isnt much else to it. give up your unsound beliefs.

>if you're more creative you invent more musical genres, idiot.

Coming up with 12 similar yet slightly different ways to shit isn't the same as coming up with 4 distinctly unique ways to shit buddy.

trumpets.

Pop, rock, blues, jazz, hip hop, rap, latin music, son cubano, salsa, country, gospell, electhro, funk, soul, R&B, bozza nova, vallenato, caribean music, techno, disco and like a hundred minor genres can't remember right now.

>but blacks have only made rap

Half of those are of mixed racial origin

More mixed cultural, rather than mixed racial

It was still black people who came up with them.

>blacks
>superior musical creativity
They didn't invent eurobeat.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_West_Africa

There's plenty of black music that comes from africa.
pick your poison then.

youre both idiots...its. ot about what u call them mannn...its about what they sound like. i hate retards like u on gigs..talking about stupid shit u read on the internet..with that stupid attitude and 0 talent. if u want to know anything...just read interviews by prominent musicians instead of trusting your uneducated deformed adulterated lazy mind to form opinions about complex things like jazz the only way of understanding which is playing it or appreciating it for many years u loathsome dumwits

Most musical genres coming from the UK are jamaican deep inside.

American blacks essentially didn't have a culture as far as the rest of the world was concerned until about 150 years ago. Their culture coalescing and coming out onto the stage of world consciousness has coincided with major technological revolutions in music. That could have something to do with it.

[spoiler]We adopted music. They were born in it. Molded by it.[/spoiler]

interesting take. i have to agree.

>africans didn't have culture before colonization
>being this pleb
lmao read on african history dumbass.
Sundiata is from the 12 century.

he is talking about "american" blacks.

I disagree, they bring music from Africa. It was a big thing for african diaspora, Spiritual and religious stuff are related to music and dance.

not poster but i think he means advanced culture not drum beating women slaving rag wearing tree climbing culture. and whatecer sundiata is im sure 99 percent of them had no clues about it. how many people in america didnt know what a tv was when kind of blue got released

they couldn't carry anything on the slave ships, the only thing they could carry was music.

>because I haven't read about the slave culture it means they lack one
even abbos had culture retard.

culture is not something whites only had.

haha they didnt bring anything like that. they were not slaves their grandfathwrs and forefathers were and they sure didnt play jazz back then.

of course not.
Jazz evolved from other music. And that music from other music, and so on and so on

you know nothing about music or jazz. Listen to Mingus, Davis, or Herbie.

are you retarded?

not always..as these uncool academics will have u think... what was first borrowed was the pentatonoc scale and instruments that play exclusively on that..added a seventh here or there...mostly sad music about suffering drugs and other vulgar yhings by people whod never heard a concerto pr any pipes their ancestors were still playing across the atlantic. they just experimented with the instruments and voices in these poor fucking dirty ghettos as they beat their wives and injected crack..and plays shows to support that habit. the whites, tired of shit piano music and boring operas really digged it as they got drunk and snorted cocaine as you can guess from the very fact that they were in some ghastly fucking area in a degenerate bar where fucking blacks of all people play the live music. but white man didnt care for music as much as money...so they commodize the negroes, not for the first time in history mind u, and slowly there were bigger gigs, and more importantly, records, where incould hear the original soul filled music without having to be on disgusting places or lookong at ugly nigger faces high as fuck on drugs. the consumer generation, these whites, just had to have these records loke everything else and something to talk about as everything else no matter what it is. jazz was born. then as u know the rest is history as the whites stole everything, every technique and style, made it louder, milder, faster, slower, backwards, different insteuments, theatrics, etc which is all that happened in western music in the later half of the twentieth century.

id you say so

nah not retarded i play jazz and blues guitar, keyboards but dont write comments on youtube etc because internet kids are too stupid for me so because of lack of practice my writing is usually horrendous so i get why u would be indiced to ask whether im one.

>I prefer this genre because it has more """""quality"""""
You don't know shit about music when you think that genre X is better than genre Y

Africans had the polyphonic call-and-response vocal style, along with their old "hunting songs" they used to signal information to each other from a distance, combined with the strong African rhythms/beats, they brought a lot to the table musically through oral tradition when they were first brought to America.
These things eventually developed into work songs, co-opting the European musicality and scales, and eventually it became gospel. String instruments were also very popular among Africans and variations on the banjo/dulcimer were quickly made by Africans eventually creating the guitar, and the origins of Blues in delta style slide guitar and such were born. Then we of course we get Chuck Berry, Little Richard, BB King, Fats Domino, etc etc and Rock n Roll is created.
Then of course we have Ray Charles, Coltrane, Ellington, Mingus, Davis, Louis Armstrong, Dizzy Gillespie, Charlie Parker, Thelonious Monk and so on and so on, creating jazz.

We can go further and look at Hip-hop, reggae, soul, and the shaping of modern American pop music, and the subsequent influence on the rest of the world, but you get the point.

Music is the one thing Africans are undeniably great at. It's in their blood

what about hard physical jobs and also comedy.
also, the freudian accounts dont convince me call and rewponse really u believe that kind of shit? then ull alo have to believe everything u put an edfort on in ur life is to try to impress ur father because he wouldnt give u enough wttention, and we have tribal attitudes and when we hate some dude for being annoying its because of that tribal instinct not because the bitchs voice is actually annoying.

Freudian? I think you misunderstand

Call-and-response is a type of vocal singing that existed in various African cultures(and some modern pygmy cultures), where someone would "Call" with a note or musical phrase, and someone else would "Respond" with a different note or musical phrase.
It still partially exists within blues music, but more importantly it's very relevant to the African singing style and eventually evolved into work songs

cmon mate...it all goes back to the instinct thing of hunting gathering...all negroes are monkeys...right...u racist fuck haha..havw a good life mate thats the only important thing and by the way fuck these idiots on this website this is bad for my brain ciao

I thought a lot of modern day music came from both sides? Wasn't rock influenced by both blues (black) and country (white)?

Country was heavily influenced by blues and Appalachian music, which itself has heavy African influence.

It's like 1/6th white.

maybe it is a self feeding cycle, so you had an initial group of black musicians playing and being successful, to a degree, which showed that this type of career or lifestyle was possible to other blacks who instead of working labor or whatever other low end job, the only jobs available for blacks for most of us history, chose to become musicians also. all of this is supported by a tradition of music and dance in black culture.

Art through adversity is a well known thing. Most of the musical development came from poor areas.

So basically whites have no modern music genre of their own.

Once again, whites proven to be have no culture.

Yep, Blacks are pretty big in terms of serialism, electronic, minimalism, ...
Messiaen, Pärt, Schnittke, Adams, Vangelis, Stockhausen, Copland, Carter, Babbitt, etc, not mentioning the likes of Morricone. Obviously all were imitators and stole it from us black folks.
WE WUZ MUSICIANS.

I can't tell if you're being serious dude..

I was praising African musical tradition. That stuff is literally a part of African culture, many countries in Africa still sing like that to this day. I'm only saying there is historical context for why their music developed the way it did. There's no racist implications whatsoever. I feel as if there is a language gap here.
You realize that all human beings were hunters and gatherers at one point in the past right? Lots of cultures and civilizations developed different traditions relative to their location and their environment. The hunting traditions of a culture, the farming traditions, the religious traditions, and everything else in a society influence one another to create something unique in its ambiguity.
For example, early Native American tradition/culture was heavily influenced by the flora and fauna indigenous to that region. From the roaming buffalo they hunted and the use of Peyote, all the way up to the domestication of maize and end of their nomadic era, and then further into the future, it's all connected and actively influencing itself, molding the theology/philosophy/technology/music of the people.

Pretty much all you would consider "classical" even if made in the last 50 years and if it was post-minimalist.
For more "genre music", in spite of the nigg user response, country would be a example. Metal too. It's more white than David Duke rally.

thats a bunch of bullshit but the good news is youll eventually grow out of it

But blacks invented both classical and metal - so it's black.

Nice thread, sadly, /leftypol/ and /pol/ started to shit all over.
I'm curious aswell.

You don't say.

Thread was over with the OP. Starting with a wrong premise put forth as obvious and asking "why is this" when it isn't. Worst kind of thread.

You come across as very stupid.

>creating the guitar

>creating the guitar as we know it
Better?

And when Stockhausen & co began popularizing synthesizers and electronic noise in rock music leading up to the Krautrock era, the blacks in America were simultaneously creating jazz fusion with similar kinds of experimentation, fueled largely in part by the psychedelic movement and prog rock contemporaries. Sun Ra, Headhunters, Wayne Shorter, and Davis all played a role in the electronic music that was yet to come, adopting genres like ambient and funk and soul and psychedelic rock and jazz. Artists in this era, many of whom were black, provided the springboard for future breakbeat, hip-hop, techno, jungle, drum and bass electronic genres to come.
Modern electronic music wouldn't be what it is without their contribution.

Now you can also say that it would have never happened without Stockhausen and the Germans, and you'd be totally right. But to ignore black influence is ignorant

please tell me you didnt buy into stockhausens "post-african repetition" meme

EDM is made by whites mostly.

Metal

Yes black have inherent musical abilities exclusive to their race. Are you retarded?

>black
I meant blacks.

Those string instruments were created independently of European string instruments

There is no white culture. It's a fabrication by American elites to smooth over ethnic differences among immigrant groups and further divide them from African Americans and Native Americans.

>Afrocentrism

Bach
Mozart
Beethoven

/thread

I won't deny that the creation of blues and jazz were probably one of the best musical innovations of the 20th century, but the subsequent genres created after that were mostly populated by whites.

Rock, Punk, Country, Indie, Metal, Club, etc.

Honestly I don't think either race is musically superior to one another. I think black people manufactured their own musical identity at the start of the 20th century and white people joined in contributing their own musical culture. It's just cultural collusion.

>Once again, whites proven to be have no culture.
this is good bait jamal

>he doesn't know that all of the great composers such as Beethoven, Mozart, were actually of african descent
>he doesn't realize the white man claimed african culture as his own
Stay mad cumskins while your children listen to rap

Still not at all true
Classical guitars are Spanish, Flattops were first made by German immigrants in the US and electric guitars were invented by a white guy

Rock and "Club" have african american origins too, it's not like we discredit chinese inventions because they're used by somebody else

>rock
>latin music
>country
>techno
>disco

>black

Lel, what? No.

No, they didn't. At all.

>WE WUZ MUSICIANS

Eurobeat it's pretty much an Italian genre, Jamaicans never had anything to do with it.

Everyone knows that African rhythms are more complex. Western music focuses on harmony... Besides, the music black people make today (aka rap) is hilariously simplistic compared to traditional African music.

Yes they did. How delusional are you to believe that the blues orginated among anyone else but Afro-American planters?

Classical
Romantic
Baroque
Electronica

>Piano
>Violin

Big lips make for lots of music

>Electronica

Which only got popular with disco, techno and house - ghetto experiments

>Tweaking existing percussion and string instruments does not equal creating new things.

Then dont give the European whitey credit for the violin and the lute and the classical guitar and the tambourine if none of those would be in European music without Muslim influence

Youre fucking retarded and please learn to type and read

Dude youre so dumb t b h f a m

>violin
Muslim

progressive rock, psychedelic rock, all sorts of metal, hardcore punk, post-rock, shoegaze, zheul, RiO, etc etc

>techno
Didn't know Germans were niggers

>Techno is a form of electronic dance music that emerged in Detroit, Michigan, in the United States during the mid-to-late 1980s.