Why does modern civilization reject cannibalism?

Why does modern civilization reject cannibalism?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuru_(disease)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

mad cow disease but in human form

it's no coincidence it's rejected by almost every culture and even where it's not it's ceremonial and rare

civilization in general rejects it

Because it is the most degenerative action a human can act out.
>eating humans equates man with animals
>goodbye human rights
>hello slavery
>goodbye egalitarianism
>leftists would lose their gibs
>pretty much every religion dislikes it (other than pajeet hindus)
The only people who would honestly even attempt it if it was legal would be edgy tryhard satanists or podesta

Only from eating brain.

>what is catholicism

No kuru is in all meat, but more concentrated in the brain.

It doelsn't profit ((corporations)) if people could eat each other by mutual agreement than mighty food companies will fall to bankrupcy.

Because cannibalism is generally a bad trait to have in a social species.

Hence why a lot of other species also refuse to eat each other.

Americans won't even eat dogs and cats, they're way to huge of pussies to eat each other.

yeah and what happened to these guys again? can you remind me??

as he said, CIVILIZATION rejects it

>in general

They were conquered, as many other civilizations in the past.
Do you have any other question?

Most people don't want to get eaten.

one reason humans can successfully eat non-human meat is because the viruses, parasites, bacteria, and prions acclimated to non-human animals (usually) cannot live in the human body. This would not be the case if we ate other humans.

Cannibalism on a large scale would annihilate us through disease and infection outbreak. If cannibalism weren't so devastating to our physical and mental health- it'd be more prevalent than it is.

It is rejected and taboo in most primitive societies along with incest.

This issue can be solved. I'm sure that some humans can be eaten safely due to natural resistances. From these humans you can breed a domesticated cattle. Just imagine a caste of cattle human in a society. Please write me a book about this.

Exactly.

Because of God's law

This is flat untrue. There is not one scientific study that has successfuly argued that cannabilism directly leads to poor health, malformities, or disease.
The problem you're thinking of comes from Kuru, which comes from eating brains of people also affected by Kuru. In practice there's little difference from eating human meat as the meat of any animal, provided that it is prepared and cooked properly.

Cannabalism was probably extremely prevalent in early human prehistory, but people stopped for the same reason why most animals also bypass human meat: because the meat of most endurance hunters tends to be tough and tasteless so animals only resort to eating it as an act of desperation.

Aztecs were degenerates that don't deserve all the atention they've got.

t. inca descendant

>incest.
It only became taboo recently. Royal families from all ever the world have done it since their begginings, and don't get me started on the American south.

>incest has always happened
>my evidence is memes and stereotypes

Is it bad if you eat someone who died some other way. I've been thinking about this for a while and it's not going to happen but I would definitely try human meat if it was from some dude in a car accident or something. Like murdering people for their meat is terrible but eating those who die anyway just seems resourceful. Is getting eaten really worse than letting a body rot in the ground?

Yes because regardless of how they died, eating human meat creates health problems in the person eating it.

This comment is absurd. If cannabalism wasnt taboo, and actually a norm, there would be big businesses just for that "delicacy." It seems like you put little thought to your assumption.

>mad cow disease but in human form
you only need to cook the meat enough and thoroughly
I would be inclined to agree with this

Incest in royal family was a matter of keeping power concentrated though

People keep saying that, but is there any evidence for it?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuru_(disease)

Because there's much more valuable things you could be doing with humans other than eating them. You'll get much more meat from an animal for the same cost, so why waste valuable labour? Then there's the fact that if you let people sell human meat for profit, it creates an economic incentive for murder. Just look at all the trouble anatomists in the 19th century indirectly caused with their demand for human carcasses.

Also, disease. If you start eating monkey meat and end up with AIDS, what do you think would happen if members of the same species were on the menu?

>provided that it is prepared and cooked properly.
yeah, well that's the big 'if', isn't it? If people always cooked and prepared their food properly, no one would ever get food poisoning. Introducing longpig into the diet would just provide diseases with an easy vector through which to spread.

>civilization

but what if they consent like the armin meiwes guy

Incest is specifically a civilized practice, it is also in no way a widespread practice outside of the middle east.

Why would you want to eat a dirty ass human anyway? Must be like eating a pig that spends its free time disposing of waste, including shit.

>fear of disease

>a part of society would become literal prey for the the stronger

>survival of the species

>fear of being eaten

>waste of valuable labor
>economic incentive for murder.

That sums it up.