Will someone explain why this triangle thing seems to work nearly 100% of the time?

Will someone explain why this triangle thing seems to work nearly 100% of the time?

Price peaks, then evens out and gets smoother and smoother and then as soon as it breaks out, BOOM! it shoots up/down.

Why?
Pic is LTC right now.

Math as deductive logic often produces outputs that are difficult to qualify until properly studied.

I was right though.

It's shooting up again.

As soon as the volatility in teh candlesticks seems to even out to almost nothing, it "breaks" the triangle and then starts going crazy in whatever direction it broke.

Why?

where would one find these graphs to use illuminati symbols on to predict illuminated naughty future info?

Forecast ARIMA or die trying

What do you mean?

It just seems like whenever this pattern happens, and it happens multiple times a day, it's just a good time to buy in.

This means you either learn to do proper forecasting or exacerbate your autistic pattern recognition in price behavior, getting nothing.
your choice

are those 5 minute candles??

Honestly the answer will disappoint you. Crypto space is filled with amateur traders who buy into bull shit technical analysis like this. They see this pattern and buy in, causing a pump. It's mass psychology and has no mathematical foundation.

t. PhD student who models FX data

I don't know. The math pans out and is rooted in limits, but I do not know why it comes out that way. Perhaps, if you are that curious about it, you should get degree in math and economics and study the phenomenon.

Yeah.

I day-trade this shit.

I have a degree in math...
I study finance on the side now even though I graduated a while ago. Haven't gotten far enough for this yet though.

If it works by virtue of everyone thinking it will work, then it works.

So should I look for this and buy in for the pump?

damn son, is your middle name danger?

*ahem*
ethereum's graph

wew lad its going to be a wild weekend

this.
It seems to me like there are enough "technical" "analysts" in crypto, that TA might actually be working in crypto.
>Everyone sees a pattern that will "cause" a pump
>thus, everyone buys.
>everyone buys, thus price rises
>LOL, ZOMG!!! TA works!!!!

Yeah but not quite as clear as what I meant. I mean with LTC you could spot it a mile away.

i am so excited
looks like it worked with bitcoin earlier today too

> t. PhD student who models FX data

What's FX data?

Foreign Exchange data

My PhD is on modelling high frequency trading data between various currencies

You have a phd in looking at forex graphs?

Any crypto tips to pass on to us retards?

human psychmology and self-fulfilling prophecies

u do the math

because there are algorithms that follow that logic

bingo

k faggot its easy to draw triangles after the fact,
draw a prediction right now.

These 3 in about a week. I'm expecting them to pump 25-40%.

Price stability causes buyer confidence thats why.

you massive fagot, shut a duck up your stinky assface. You skum dont even know the definition of technical patterns on charts, make your analysis more times, i bet you dont find anything, because you dumb, its are! mathematical foundation, not strong, but it has place on biger volume coins, do your homework kiddo

If you understand triangles then you understand the universe

If it indeed does happen like you describe at a very high probability(and i am definitely not convinced it does) it can be a result of for example investing bodies that all work in similar way and thus produce this effect, or it could be some inherent feature of crypto trading because of the specific characteristics of crypto and how its perceived.
Its also very possible that as this knowledge of they wa crypto works becomes more popular a new pattern will emerge.

What kind of a faggot does analysis on 2-d data?

am I doing this right?
BAY breakout in about 12 hrs?

Does this triangle thing work on real life stocks?

Autocorrelation

Think of it as a correctional procress the price gets more stable until something changes it allowing the prices to shift significantly. It doesn't only happen after these points but it is more noticeable when it does

Confirmation Bias compounded by no consistency in the ratio about the tapering of the triangle.

you were a little soon but I would argue this actually happend.

this makes a lot of intuitive sense to me.

Yup.
Also there is no reason to sell if the price is stable.

low volatility ofc

Yep XRP and VIA just broke out from this pattern.
The way I see it, after a big rise you see a big drop. This always happens.
That drop must then be countered a by another rise (smaller than the first one), and so on and so forth.
Like dropping a bouncy ball. It swings back and forth in smaller amounts. Then once it's stable any small move can push it up or down.

It's due