/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup? Find your crash log stalker.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Quickstart Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1cnQeURGCjHTRPOGJH8G5ijP1fw5vbVWSE7opABcBpNk
>Mod Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1JPA0hQZVJ6mSvTsp6Sy3CoAkObJOKeoPHEamDC19Lio
>Miscellaneous Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/103nyaAM5PKgBwuZ35jRbv7VM7tEcvi1Scv6boOMe1RM
>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7
>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html
>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!Z7RjwaBS!PYNDw9ugMSojbpUDgIACHQ
mega.nz/#F!oqgWWK4K!PStfjPLon_3UpVU-atgQeQ
mega.nz/#F!1zAilAoZ!xw3kb1awC1csjv2dMlb7Mw
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!RQoBEKaC!uyAfMXpgRdvc1CPBxocr7A
mediafire.com/?eb3nzh929em51
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
moddb.com/mods/hals-traders-overhauled
moddb.com/mods/amk-autumn-edition
moddb.com/mods/amk-autumn-edition/page/4#comments
mega.nz/#!Ppwk0RoR!RYdSKt9Xvx1GrYFkOhn3CNHXN6Cd-fD4YNk8uwd_b8A
moddb.com/mods/amk-autumn-edition/downloads/amk-141-autumn-edition-fixes
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z7RjwaBS!PYNDw9ugMSojbpUDgIACHQ
>Clear Sky
mega.nz/#F!oqgWWK4K!PStfjPLon_3UpVU-atgQeQ
>Call of Pripyat
mega.nz/#F!1zAilAoZ!xw3kb1awC1csjv2dMlb7Mw
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrade Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg

>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!RQoBEKaC!uyAfMXpgRdvc1CPBxocr7A
mediafire.com/?eb3nzh929em51

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ

>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

OFFICIAL 9x39mm TIER LIST
TOP TIER
>VKS 94
HIGH TIER
>Groza
>SR-3M
MID TIER
>VSS
>AS-VAL
LOW TIER
>9A-91
WISH IT WAS IN THE GAME TIER
>AK-9

>when you first meet Duty they insult you, treat you like a scumbag and are unpleasant in general
>when you first meet Freedom they're pretty chill, offer you a safe place to stay, smoke some weed and are pretty helpful bros in general while actually being useful in keeping the monolith in check at the barrier unlike Duty who do fuck all except going on shitty mutant hunts

really want to play modded CoC but the setup i have the game crashes a lot.

ive tried last day but holy fuck, some of the things in the game are pants on head retarded
>love the atmosphere and graphics
>love the extra uniforms
>love the weapons, the sounds and the damage
>love the bleakness to it

>hate the pants on head, shitting out of one end and drooling out of the other prices
>mutants are almost insta kill but take a trillion bullets to kill

any suggestions? otyher than that bullshit i like last day.

(decided to post right after a new thread)

Pripyat's tolerance to The Monolith results in more than 1m Monolithians setting up home here
By Daniel Martin for the Daily Mail

More than a million Monolithians have migrated to Pripyat because it is more sympathetic towards The Monolith than other areas of the Zone, a study has found.

Latent Monolithophobia in the Army Warehouses means that many of those who move to the center of the Zone eventually end up in Pripyat, because it is seen as more tolerant.

There are now some 1.1million Monolith immigrants in Pripyat, according to the report by ISG, the Skadovsk think tank. It means around 46 per cent of Pripyat's 2.4million-strong Monolith population were brainwashed in the Energetik.

Last Day is an amalgamation of other mods. just be less lazy and install the minor elements which you like yourself

Hot damn

i did that and the game crashes semi regularly

Previous Thread:

okay im kinda a new person but how do I survive in something like last day, meme mod claims aside, any tips?

Not sure if weapon mods are mi kind of boat.

So amk adds more stalkerish elements, what does OGSE do? It's bugfix mod?

Also is priboi story good?

Are you surprised a bunch of rehabilitated scumbags think themselves better than the rest

they aren't just weapon mods

I was refering to new arsenal with that one.

I was refering to all 3

I know mate. Still have nl idea what ogse does

read

Have you prepared any win conditions for the more sandbox mods, /sg/? I've decided that I can settle down and retire when I kill KOLYA CLOWN. I just turned off the Brain Scorcher so now I can head to Pripyat, where I'm guessing he's hiding at.

It's optional, and not in the game unless you add it yourself with the modmanager you big dumbo

In SoC, at Red Forest, did you take the road or the forest on your first playthrough?

first playthrough? road because i went exo skelinton

second i took forest because i was ninja running with loads of artifacts and a eco suit

I rarely set concrete goals, mostly because I typically play Loner or Bandit. But whenever I reach the rank of Master, I begin to make my way to the Wish Granter. so far I've never successfully reached it.

>decide to try last day again
>go zaton loner in the ship
>2 minutes into buying selling some basic stuff before i head out dogs run into the ship somehow
>manage to cheese them ontop of the tables
>take all their meat and sell it, retarded by got me some money
>5 minutes later before i leave cats now rush in, somehow they are opening doors

bonus point is, not a single NPC inside the ship cares

everytime i try this something new just makes me go "who the fuck thought this was a good idea"

stop playing shitty mods with artificial difficulty up the ass

and now a bloodsucker came in lmao

this really was the last try

who the fuck places this lmao

Download CoC with Roadside Picnic pack, then put Increased Weapon Damage on, put inaccurate zombies mod on, and if you like the mod that lets traders buy damaged items. And then you've got good looks, fun features, and some balance. I don't want things to be ridiculously hard for some arbitrary sake, I want a good stalking experience and have found this shit is great.

More suggestions welcome of course

There are textures for Tarks, Librarians, and something called a "Rotan". in Last Day's files, has anyone seen them spawn?

So I'm trying to play Lost Alpha, but on DX10/11 shit crashes. And on DX9 I get flickering skies unless I disable sun shadows but the game looks worse.
What do?

trying to make a mod where you can kill npc without making the whole map hostile if nobody sees you, seems to work but only on npc that wont talk to you otherwise the dialog pops up, why is modding so hard

thanks user this could be the thing im looking for, i love coc and i love that its a mod thats moddable but lumping mods together i want always ends up with them clashing and causing crashing, so this pick of mods made to work could be great, thanks.

Yeah that Increased Weapon Damage mod is really essential for me. I always use the strongest option too. I once shot a burer with an RPG and it survived before I used this mod. I'm about to explore trying this version with Autumnal Winds, I've heard good things about that mod

is there a way so that mutants are the same damage but human v human bullet damage is high? i wanna be able to kill mutants like normal but gun combat with other stalkers becomes hard.

Not sure, because those mods just increase the damage values for every weapon usually. I'm fine with that personally since I don't actually think mutants should be tanky, aside maybe pseudogiants.

uhh you mentioned putting on inreased weapon damage, inaccurate zombies and the other mod with traders. Do i get them seperatly or should they be with the roadside picnic pack?

Those 3 are separate. I think as far as packs go Roadside Picnic is one of the most complete one that focuses on a good experience that isn't just 100% gang wars and shooting. I find most go overboard in that regard, though with a few simple additions I'm enjoying it. Just finished backing up my CoC and downloading autumnal winds, gonna try that now

okay well i may look into it. two things

1. is it normal for beard to not be selling anything
2. I like autunmnal winds, used it on a previous mod load for CoC

>installed AMK 1.4.1 Autumn edition
>made sure to patch to 1.00004 or whatever
>get cheeki breeki in the first mission
>load my quicksave
>game keeps crashing

what do lads? I thought this was a stable mod

1. don't be a retard
2. double check you aren't a fucking retard and read the god damn read me
3. don't use the steam version

steam can give people shit because it "auto updates"

and post your fucking crashlog

I'm gearing up to do a replay of barebones vanilla Shadow of Chernobyl for the first time in years. Good hunting lads.

Followed the readme to a tee

Fuck I'm using the Steam version, am I fucked or what

I think that humanoid enemies (Zombies, in particular) can open doors. I've never seen a bloodsucker do it, though that's because I've never seen one actively get close to the boat unless he was chasing something else.

As for the dogs, it's possible that the boat guard on the top of the ship opened the door for them during a firefight, it's also possible that if an enemy is up against the door and has one or two more enemies pushing him, he can clip inside. Can't think of any other way a dog would get in there.

just use a gog copy, torrent it, or use the repacks in the OP

i watched them push against the door and the door actually open, the boat guard was long dead.

I guess the game is just nonsense, then.

it is

There's really no way to do it with the Steam version? The readme made it seem that it was possible

it was until steam decided to go full retard and auto update games

or it never was because AMK/1.0004

i did a playthrough of amk 1.004 recently with steam and it never once tried to over-update my downgrade

that's what some people have said, including one of my friends who i suggested the mod to.

also why I told him o post his crashlog

Alright, I tried uninstalling and installing, did the steps again, crashed again when I tried to heal the guy we first encounter coming out of the camp

All it says is that XR_3DA has crashed and that's it, not getting a crash log or anything

sounds like you arent using the right version

look for the crashlog. ctrl+ v in an empty notepad after you crash, sometimes it will have something there.

i'd still suggest the gog verison, ihavent had any problems with it

so anyone working on any mods?

The version says 1.000004 so I don't think that's it

but you're right about the copy paste thing, here it is

Expression : fatal error
Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\xrGame\script_engine.cpp
Line : 73
Description :
Arguments : LUA error: ...chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\tfwactor_inventory.script:52: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

This is mine from years ago.

moddb.com/mods/hals-traders-overhauled

that script doesn't exist in my gamedata\scripts folder for AMK AE 1.4.1

does it for you?
where did you download the mod?

moddb.com/mods/amk-autumn-edition

here this fix was posted here by v1ld
moddb.com/mods/amk-autumn-edition/page/4#comments

mega.nz/#!Ppwk0RoR!RYdSKt9Xvx1GrYFkOhn3CNHXN6Cd-fD4YNk8uwd_b8A

is actually part of this
moddb.com/mods/amk-autumn-edition/downloads/amk-141-autumn-edition-fixes

Thanks bro!

How stable is it? It looks like it has DocX mods in it, and I've heard that those are very unstable and lead to a lot of crashing.

I've been fine with it all so far. A few random crashes, but that's to be expected in any case. I quicksave often and haven't had any recurrent issues which would make me think there is something out of whack with the mods. A few unhandled exception CTDs, but those are more to do with code execution paths than anything I've done I believe. I am a C++ programmer but have no clue of the codebase of the openxray engine.

On another note guys, I made it from Jupiter to Yantar with my buddy Sevka tagging along for the ride. Just managed to pick up my orange SSP-99 protection suit for a cool 70K. Is there anything that can beat this in terms of radiation protection? I've started to amass some goodies along the way and just got the quest info from the Professor who marked a lot of NPCs I can talk to and trade with and stuff. Time to get collecting and selling more stuff I think. I'm having a lot more fun as an ecologist than a monolith guy that's for sure.

>but those are more to do with code execution paths than anything I've done I believe

Gunslinger mod is coming out when lads?

That's what an exception is in programmatic terms you retard.

get a load of this guy

Where am I liable to find high ranking monoliths? I'm hunting one and I've ran through Pripyat and some of the Outskirts with no luck.

pripyat cultural center.(SoC Pripyat) The place with the ferris wheel
either that or the CNPP or radar

Went to Radar, and I cleared the Culture Club. Guess it's the NPP.

tga to png looks better

Might want to check Red Forest to Zaton, those usually have plenty of Monolith. Limansk to the Hospital too.

that entire ui is absolute cancer. the retard who made that should be killed in the slowliest and most painful way possible

Post a better one.

not him, but the only thing that is bad about it is the bioradar not being perfectly circular

it should be like this.

>>stretched minimap
>>actually using minimap at all
MEGAKEK

t. Never played OGSE

>bioradar not being perfectly circular
Yeah I´ve noticed
0693 seems to have a better one, but I dont know if OGSE user will be able to rip it out and use it in this version

>slowliest

Downloading 0693 right now, checking into it.

I´ve also got to report that the weather related crash on the first CNPP map doesnt happen after returning here in freeplay even with the restored weather folder

I see the 1000+ rounds stash of 9mm +P+ is still in ogse0692

They are same size.
Maybe because no bioradar in ui_custom_msg_16.xml no file alltogether

SGM 2.2 all in one or SGM 2.2 Lost Soul?
Is there any difference?

Take all-in-one
Lost Soul is broken

ok, thank you

Is there a way to reliably merge mods for CoC? I don't want to be limited to just Weapon Gulash, since it makes a lot of shit incompatible.

I just made a basic repair kit for my zrp mod. Used the tools from COP for models, and the code of the abc sleeping bag for the window.

Oh neat
A new trader in freeplay

Noice

Dude is that a dragon lore awp

Looks more like desert camo

Wow a real dragon lore awp

I just went to the Jupiter factory, and near the Stingray 4 crash site there were three burers, some psy dogs and a shit buttfuck-ton of zombies

But there's also one fucking anomaly I can't detect for the life of me which is killing me every damn time

Does anyone know what it is and how to fucking kill it?

P.S. I'm playing with MISERY mod

Please send help, it looks like a fun mod.

Kill yourself retard

Thanks, you too.
Got a fix for it then?

Yeah, uninstall the worst shit ever made and play a real mod like OGSE 0692