Is hip hop futurist art? It's fast-paced, macho, violent, and places a heavy emphasis on the new. Discuss

Is hip hop futurist art? It's fast-paced, macho, violent, and places a heavy emphasis on the new. Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rSCkOEGkZFU&t=2127s
youtube.com/watch?v=VcHJySm7ZO0
youtube.com/watch?v=IC3KMbSkYNI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There are like three female hip hop artists of any renown. Hip hop is distinctive for its emphasis on almost blind masculinity

Bump

Nationalist, non-moralist, pro-violence (on a state against state level) hip-hop with noise music in the background would perfectly be futurist, but I don't think such thing exists, sadly.

>"futurist art"
fuck what is it about dumpster fire leftist pseudo-int who make their home on 4 chan that fetishizes turning base meaningless shit into "meaningful thought provoking material"
Its literally just talking fast into a mic and using beats from other musicians to make your "songs" which most likely revolve around lyrics involving shooting innocent people, breaking laws for no reason, having meaningless sex, or other low brow narratives .

>futurist
there are a lot of similarities between poetry in every age and hip hop

I don't think calling something "futurist" is a compliment for (contemporary) leftists.

>basic, unimaginative (((beats)))
>mumbling, incomprehensible and nonsensical lyrics
>street """""culture""""" that promotes drug use, adultery, and idolizes crime/prison

hip hip is about as backwards and anti-futurist as can be in terms of music. It is a step, no, a complete chimp-leap back, in civilized behavior

go back to /mu/ and keep your dirty monkey music to yourself, ape

And do you know what music futurists made? Noise. They were in fact the firsts noise musicians.

t. futurist enthusiast

But you're right, hip-hop goes against futurist music theory.

this and hip-hop has always used sounds that are by every definition new. the repurposing of samples to accompany fast, artificial, and sometimes industrial sounds is very futurist in my opinion

Futurism was an artistic and social movement that originated in Italy in the early 20th century. >It emphasized speed, technology, youth, and violence, and objects such as the car, the aeroplane, and the industrial city.

How is this different from futurism? It's literally the celebration of the material, the machismo, and the violent

>hip-hop with noise music in the background
Death Grips is close to what you describe.

I think DG is about the closest thing to futurist art in the 21st century

>Its literally just talking fast into a mic and using beats from other musicians

That hasn't been a widespread thing since the 90s.

This is now a futurist music thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=rSCkOEGkZFU&t=2127s

In all seriousness though, the only true futurist "art" today is pic related and its various relatives

You don't understand futurist musical theory at all then.

ya prollably

20th century italians =/= urban american niggers

>the celebration of the material, the machismo, and the violent

Meaningless. The same could be applied to a lot of things. What made Futurism distinct was the emphasis of technology, obviously, and uneducated lower-class street vermin is far, FAR, away from that.

It would make sense if they were actually towards incredible technological feats, but instead it is about trivial matters of shitty tattoos, an uncultured aesthetic of looking (((tough))) with an ideal life of raising broken families and abandoning their children while being stoned out their asses.

You cannot deny this.

>material
Are you retarded? Futurists were fascinated by the car and the aeroplane because of their speed which was an opposition to the static past.

black hip-hop is fascinated with the same because of the technology and wealth they represent in relation to their own static past. what's the problem here?

They embrace the material, not abstract speed and movement.

Plus, Black hip-hop doesn't have a proto-fascist ethos.

interesting idea but it only works for trap/drill shit. Backpacker rap doesn't really fit futurism.

>I don't know what words mean so I get angry

>other low brow narratives .
the irony of you talking about low-brow narratives

gangs serve as a pretty decent substitute for nationalism in this case. The amount of rappers claiming they'd "die for they niggaz" etc.

Futurism was primarily associated with fascism you silly bastard.

clipping. is hip-hop with noise in the background but is pretty moralist I think

this is going to sound /pol/, but honestly they do have a fascist ethos. Think about it: "black excellence", we wuz narratives, rejection of other counter cultures... Sounds a lot like Italy desu. Just replace black with Italian and make it we wuz ROmans instead of we wuz kangs

tbqh the only reason this isn't widespread is because there is no central black leader for the race, and their probably shouldn't be. but if Kanye does indeed run in 2020...... we might have black fascism on our hands who knows lmfao

W E W
E
W

Futurists didn't even believe in race to begin with.

>Do you agree that hip-hop is fast-paced, macho and violent?

>no you dumb leftist cuck, it's fast-paced macho and violent

I'd swear that fedoras are spring-loaded to sperg out on certain trigger words. Did you even read his post?

right, I was responding to who said black hip hop doesn't have proto-fascist ethos

kek

And it doesn't. Its ethos is more capitalistic/consumerist than anything.

this board gets shittier by the day

Why does the youth still listen to this aggressive, unintelligent garbage?

I suppose you listen to classical music and dislike modernism?

That sounds quite interesting. Care to provide any examples?

Sounds a lot like rock and roll.
But in all seriousness it seems that will always be edgy music for the young kids. It is cool to like what your parents hate.

Also hip hop is the music of the present not the future.

>Why does the youth still listen to this aggressive, unintelligent garbage?
Covert prestige my man.

>"Covert prestigerefers to relatively high value placed on a non-standard form of language"
Am I missing something?

>Am I missing something?
Just swap language with culture. Aren't they both symbols?
I do not see the problem my lad. You could argue they are not the same thing, but here I think it do.

youtube.com/watch?v=VcHJySm7ZO0

youtube.com/watch?v=IC3KMbSkYNI