>traditions are cool
>war is bad
>do not question authority

negotiate with people instead of forcing them to do things

This.

Also

>try really hard not to rock the boat or be a dick

Like in anarcho-capitalism ?

Confucious say: Need big bulge in robe for fun time with lady friend. Very sad that only little one, grasshopper. Maybe get friend from south and west to help out.

Peasants be nice to rurer, rurer be nice t peasant

No because it involves negotiation between government and the people.

It is kind of like Hobbes' outlook. Hobbes declares there has to be a balance of power and to avoid the risk of rebellion (overt or covert) or offending someone with power over you you should practice moderation. Confucius promotes harmony whereby both actors in a power relationship refrain from pushing the other as much as possible and in exchange the other actor adopts confucian virtues and values and develops a personal attachment to the success of the group so they act in its favor even when things are left to their discretion.

Society is best when set up around a system of familial virtues.

Therefore a king should treat his subjects like a father treats his sons, He should listen to the council of his advisors and do what is in everyone's best interest.

At the same time subjects should obey like a son. and dedicate their lives to living virtuously.

>Respect the elders
>Because whatever the Elders are doing is right and you're wrong, because you're young and unexperienced

follow hierarchy, age helps in this

in life there are students who learn from teachers, this is the best way for things to run smoothly

Hierarchy is good, new stuff is bad because it will disrupt the order

This is also very true.
Duck those Chinese are a smart little rice people.

You don't have to do what your elders say if they're wrong. It's a give and take. You listen because your superior is right and will treat you well for it. If he mistreats you or is wrong you not only don't have to do what he says but it's your outright duty to tell him to pound sand.

Or kill him.

It's really more like

>if everyone did this, things would be really nice
>people should respect their political superiors, and political superiors should work on behalf of the people

It's one of those "be the change" kinds of things.

Confucious say "I'm starting with the man in the mirror, I'm asking him to change his waaaays."

respect=/=submission
you can - and should- respect the elders just for the sake of their hypothetical life experience but that doesn't mean you have to agree with anything they say
you let them speak to the end before politely trying to refute anything and you shouldn't be too passionate or agressive since it's likely they won't respect you imediately for the opposite reasons you should do it.

Thanks user this is exactly what I needed to finish my homework

>that doesn't mean you have to agree with anything they say

Good luck stepping out of line.

This in reality.

t. confusedus