Nobody should spend multiple years in prison for a victimless crime

Nobody should spend multiple years in prison for a victimless crime.

>victimless crime

Name one.

the classic example is prostitution

>implying when I smoke weed at home alone someone else suffers
xD

That man should have been buying a woman drinks at a bar, the way god intended. Prostitution messes up the system for women.

where do you get multiple years in prison for that? STD's maybe, but years in jail?

Talking directly to your opponent in the commons.

I was replying to this guy

If anything the only reason people suffer due to the consumption of weed is because the market is driven underground, and markets tend to a lot more ruthless when you can shoot the other guy in the face and not make things much worse for yourself.

Multiple years in prison is sufficient for such barbarism

What does that mean?

A career that limits the chance of social mobility, provides no education or work experience that may help change careers trapping sex workers for long periods of their working life, and a profession that spreads disease, enables addictions, and produces instability in families.

Victims: social health, regional economic potential (and everyone who benefits from regional economy), household and familial strength

Smoking causes various health problems which are never paid for by individuals but are a burden carried by the community and state. Loss of productivity objectively connected to marijuana use.

Victims: taxpayers, regional economic potential (and everyone who benefits from regional economy)

you can make the same argument for alcohol and cigarettes you little shit.

>limits the chance of social mobility,spreads disease, enables addictions, and produces instability in families

For the most part these issues only exist because prostitution is illegal and unregulated in the first place. Prostitution would not be as socially shunned were it not outlawed, lowering its impact on social mobility and family instability. Spread of disease and addiction happens because it is unregulated meaning there is little demand for proper precautions to disease and addiction serves as a means to ensure a supply of workers.

>provides no education or work experience that may help change careers trapping sex workers for long periods of their working life
Also applies to hundreds of other jobs that aren't illegal.

>Smoking causes various health problems which are never paid for by individuals but are a burden carried by the community and state.
So do many other recreational substances and lifestyles, including alcohol, tobacco, unhealthy foods, sedentary lifestyles, hard labour, etc which aren't illegal.

>Loss of productivity objectively connected to marijuana use.
If an employer feels this is a problem they have their own ways to deal with unproductive workers by firing them or docking pay. It's not the government's job to deal with this.

How is this fucking history

Exactly.

Yes. And your point is?

Prostitution offers no relevant training for almost any industry. There are few skills or personality traits needed to be a prostitute, and thus labor desirability does not increase. Legalization would not change this.

Spread of disease happens when diseased sexual organs exchange diseased fluids. It is not a matter of supply and demand and legalization has no impact on this.

Addiction, be it related to sex worker or sex consumer, is not a matter of supply and demand and is not treated by legalization of prostitution.

>Prostitution offers no relevant training for almost any industry. There are few skills or personality traits needed to be a prostitute, and thus labor desirability does not increase. Legalization would not change this.

And as I said, this also applies to many other jobs that are entirely legal.

>Spread of disease happens when diseased sexual organs exchange diseased fluids. It is not a matter of supply and demand and legalization has no impact on this.
But there are ways to prevent and limit the spread of disease among prostitutes. In the same way that restaurants have regulations to prevent the spread of foodborne diseases, so to would legal brothels to prevent the spread of sexual diseases.

>Addiction, be it related to sex worker or sex consumer, is not a matter of supply and demand and is not treated by legalization of prostitution.
Addiction is often used as a tool by illegal prostitution rings to keep workers loyal and productive. This wouldn't happen in legalized, regulated brothels. Of course there would still be prostitutes addicted to various substances for individual reasons, but this is a problem with many lower class people anyway.

Regardless, it's ridiculous that sex, someone you can literally give out to people for free, suddenly becomes illegal if you try to turn a profit from it.

>And Philosophy
Ethics and morals count
Every Crime has a victim, or else it wouldn't be a crime

>Every Crime has a victim, or else it wouldn't be a crime
I love 21st century American education

That's what happens when you let public schools do whatever the fuck they want, they produce retards like this

We need to completely redesign our justice system to be honest. It should value results over revenge, and shouldn't be beholden to private interests.

Reals > feels

>It should value results over revenge
So we should promptly execute all criminals after they've been found guilty of a crime? Results will be that they'll 100% never commit another crime.

100%, my nigga. 100%. Can't argue with those results.

Holocaust denial, drawn/CG CP, illegal opinions (in Germany)

I can use your definition of "victim" to encompass everyone on earth that I don't help in some way because I'm doing something other than what would have helped them.

Implying feels aren't real.

I actually agree with the substance though. Free will is incoherent. Revenge is always misguided.