Should west pay the compensation for the horrors of colonization to its victims?

Should west pay the compensation for the horrors of colonization to its victims?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/17/rebuilding-nimrud-atone-sins-west-isis-destruction
publicfinanceinternational.org/news/2016/10/uk-teachers-union-slams-bridge-international
youtube.com/watch?v=_tEiguYmgxA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do you also pay compensation to the surviving rars after the pest control guy leaves?

>do 3rd world people deserve free stuff?
No.

>they're portrayed as children
A tad problematic isn't it OP?

We shouldn't need a statute of limitations for history with this kinda of shit. "Transgenerational trauma" is a self-defeating concept.

At least arguments like the West rebuilding Nimrud because we had a hand in its destruction by creating ISIS are topical, in a "you broke it, you bought it" sort of way. Not that it's that much better.

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/17/rebuilding-nimrud-atone-sins-west-isis-destruction

>the surviving rars
I unzip them.

Why wouldn't we make the people who bulldozed them rebuild them? Can they not be held responsible for their actions?

No, but we shouldn't try to colonize the world again. And as far as the modern "theft" from third world countries that the left rattles on about, if the third worlders were left to their own, the resources would lay dormant, and they wouldn't be a penny richer. It is better that they traded with the West.

I don't agree with the argument, just think it highlights the foolishness of thinking matters of the past are matter important than those of the present.

*more important

They are currently under the grip of african dictators which limits how much we can help them.

I don't believe e in the concept of compensation through a people as a group.
Since no group can be judged as a collective.
When a person there can prove that she was harmed by another person, then I see no reason why this person shouldn't be sentenced to compensate the harmed person no matter were the person is from.

But how can a person not related to this conflict at all (majority of people) be made responsible for this?

No, just stop trying to make things worse is all.

>literally politics

The West should finish the job and do away with all the brownies.

>, if the third worlders were left to their own, the resources would lay dormant, and they wouldn't be a penny richer.

It's technically actually better if the resources are left alone though.

Because Isis will be defeated though and even then it will disperse since unlike say Japan or Nazi Germany.

But it's the nation as an entity.
That's how people and companies can sue nations though.

But do you think If Italy refused to return the Stele it took from Ethiopia would you be fine with it?

Germany is still paying Israel for the holocaust so...

But Israel actually has power though.
Compare that to the Herereo+Nama genocide where Germany just said no.

>nice quads
but then you are saying that reparations only matter if you have the power to make them happen (which to this day only Israel did) thats some realpolitik faggotry

Not like I support it though. Just kind of the state of reality.

Like Italy dodged a lot of shit in regard to ww2 repatriations.

Kek
Of course not, and why should we? Idiots were too dumb to see the value in the bountiful resources that dotted that savage continent. If anything, we did them a favor by showing them what it's worth.

>Idiots were too dumb to see the value in the bountiful resources that dotted that savage continent

They did take advantage of resources though.

As evident by their bustling societies?

It seems like you are gonna avatar fag.

They were the smuggest images I had user, chill

We can't live in the past (however awful it might be), and we shouldn't just hand out money unconditionally because it does a lot more harm than good.

All we can do is look at the present day and examine the current real injustices going on. And maybe we can provide resources and manpower for the sole purpose of peaceably building up infrastructure in certain underdeveloped countries, in order to raise their standard of living and make them economically prosperous. I'd vastly prefer that to the current Team America World Police shit we have going on right now. But writing checks to random idiots who just happened to have a certain ancestry doesn't do shit.

You mean unrar.

>We can't live in the past (however awful it might be), and we shouldn't just hand out money unconditionally because it does a lot more harm than good.

But repatrations is pretty much the only way to actually stop nations from doing shit even in current setting like Saudi Arabia and Yemen. Libya's destabilization, the Iraq war.

Using time as a way to say let by gones be by gones doesn't work if the other party didn't really change.

I think there are other ways you can express that which don't involve unconditionally throwing out large sums of money.

no, just leave the colonies alone.

> And maybe we can provide resources and manpower for the sole purpose of peaceably building up infrastructure in certain underdeveloped countries

That that requires burning money which most countries will not do and even then many "aid" money goes toward lining the pockets of that nations corporate interests/self interests in the form of kickbacks.

no

yes

But that doesn't happen though.

>dictators

kek It means USA and Otan like them, if they are not liked well, see Gaddafi or Assad.

Obviously the foreign aid system we have right now is flawed. The infrastructure spending would have to be carefully monitored and managed, not just handed to a corrupt government to let them fetter away on gold houses.

I'm not saying my solution is easy by any means, but I think it would be preferable to "gibs me dats" and vastly preferable to endless global warfare.

>The infrastructure spending would have to be carefully monitored and managed

You think corruption wouldn't happen?

publicfinanceinternational.org/news/2016/10/uk-teachers-union-slams-bridge-international

We should donate food laced with poison to african countries.

Also why should victims be refused "gib me dats" but other nations can get it?

LOL fuck no, I'd say we should exploit those fucking niggers more.

>It's technically actually better if the resources are left alone though.

it's technically actually better if the resources were put to use by someone competent who actually needs them

>private schools

In any case, corruption happens when people aren't paying attention. Like I said, it's not an easy solution, but it is the preferable one. Either that or we zap Africa with a laser beam that makes all of them geniuses capable of any engineering feat.

It's the UK using tax payers money to fund private interests and this happens with many nations and their aid.

Bridge international isn't the only case but it's a blatant one.

>It's the UK using tax payers money to fund private interests and this happens with many nations and their aid.

I don't know how many times I have to say "Like I said," for you to get that I understand that foreign aid as currently implemented is a flawed system that should be changed.

Especially when public money is being used to fund private interests. And that doesn't just apply to foreign aid, there are many of examples of corrupt domestic private schools. Like many "charter" schools in the US.

The US failed to overthrow the Taliban with $100s of billions spent on overt military force, they don't have that much influence. The US helped domestic resistance to Gaddafi but that doesn't mean they were pulling the strings.

We left behind billions in development..

Then billions further have been spent by the West, on food, medical, and security aid for former colonies.

Because the other system wouldn't work of a government to government infrastructure meeting where x alloted % of the payment goes to y thing with a third party being the one keeping watch of proceedings.

Not development per say. It wasn't built for that purpose.

Colonization benefited most 3rd world shitholes than anything else. They shoukd be paying us not the other way around

I never understood meme pictures like this one. To make loads of money from the clay you are standing on you need far more than this clay. The colonized countries got all the compensation they ever needed in the knowledge left behind by the colony powers, but they chose to rely on those to this day while slaughterig each other over pennies, despite the fact that they threw out the oppressors for slaughtering and financially draining them.

The only thing that fits here is them being depicted as children, because no matter how many books about advanced economics and engineerig you provide to a child, all it is able to do is shitting its pants and crying.

Does the wolf ask the calf for forgiveness after eating the mother cow?
There's your answer.

the west should just bend down and take it in the ass 24/7

wow I can smell the euphoria through the screen

yes, we should also do this 5 times a day before praying to مكة
youtube.com/watch?v=_tEiguYmgxA

niggers will never get their shit together if they depend on handouts

Should the west subjugate its past victims because they are squandering resources?

By teaching them agriculture and training their leaders how to lead.

>it's better if I can personally profit from the wealth in other people's land and use it to benefit my progeny instead of the progeny of the people whose land it is.

As long as you accept that anyone who is able to exploit you by using your ignorance to their advantage is morally justified on that basis then we're fine. But if you want to build any coherent system of mutual equity I don't see how you'll get there.