Tell me about Japan's Lost Decade Veeky Forums

Tell me about Japan's Lost Decade Veeky Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=gugzhkp_UUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AY5FsE8oPdk

That's barley history though

Also
>revealing thighs

Japan's economic downturn in the late 80s is fine too

It's been more like a lost quarter-century at this point. Japan never really recovered from the 80s.

>lost decade
>by 1989 even poor people had hd TVs, wireless headphones, and floor sweeping robots

same for americans tbqh

Watch Evangelion.
It's the ultimate product of the zeitgeist of Japan.

Really? Just in the sense that it's good or in the sense that it's descriptive of the time? It seemed like a bunch of reflection on western philosophy plus some post ww2 angst and nationalism (for example the Jet alone episode, where japs save merica from their melting nuclear reactor, which is fucking hilariously reversed considering we've had to bail them out of that issue after they built them on fault lines)

outside of that it's
>AT fields are basically physical representations of Sartre/Lacan's "look/gaze" idea. When you look towards objects etc, your vision continues, but when you look into another individual, you are halted from continuing through their lenses. This exclusivity of experience is what makes individuals distinct and "absolutely terrifying". Instrumentality from EoE is just Anno proposing that the lack of such walls might be more uncanny as a sort of bittersweet means of making our current separated status look better.

>Kawuro is just a reverse interpretation of the death of Jesus through the eyes of survival and evolution. Being the perfect creature he is, far more selfless and kind than humans, he seals his own fate through self sacrifice while humans simultaneously seal it as well by crushing him, the point being that no such being would be able to continue existing in the way that a "flawed" human could, and even Kawuro himself acknowledges this as a sort of "weakness". Once again, it's a bittersweet means of telling the audience the grass might not be greener on the "ideal" side.

>show is essentially responding to the angst that comes with imperfection by saying "well, at least you aren't perfect"

How much did I miss? How much of this is reflective of the culture?

Its a meme made by Japanese And Weaboos as coping mechanisms to the fact that all the hype of Japan surpassing the US which actually was pretty HUGE for decades let them down and that Japan simply reached as much as it could with its resources and Population

Yeah, let's just forget about the rising costs of living compared to real wages, we've got stupid bullshit piped to us 24/7 so it must be better.

A lot of it is Anno venting about his personal problems, some of which are brought about by the economic stagnation.
It did go over my head the first time, but i saw in a few videos people talking bits and pieces about it.
Might be that it's the exact reason it became a hit in Japan.
I think it was many little bits dispersed in many videos, the "product of it's time" might not have been the intention, but it's there.
I think some of videos were from Demolition D.

>hype

No mainstream economist worth his salt thought Japan would surpass the US in GDP.

It was just pop culture.

Meanwhile it's nearly unanimous among economists that China will surpass the US GDP.

There's a german word for "feeling nostalgic for something you never lived" and that's the feeling these videos convey to me

It's called, "WEWUZISM"

You mean Sehnsucht.

It just shows that neoliberalism decays.

>feeling nostalgic for something you never lived
>"Make America Great Again"

>Scene from EoE within instrumentality
>Everyone is one person
>Shinji and Rei are literally fused at the hip
>The whole point is that if everyone is the same person, noone would be able to fuck anyone else
>By removing the terror fields you remove the ability to feel the touch of another, and instead are reduced to just the touch of yourself
>Upon realizing this, I close Veeky Forums and go look up some anime girls to wank to

I'm so fucked up Veeky Forums

>you will never live in early 90s japan

worst feel

Odd that a few years after Japan followed the US economic demands in the 80's to "free" their currency and "open" their markets, their economy formed a massive bubble from which they never have recovered?

It's almost like the US is kicking the ladder away?

Fucking this

Bumping because i like economic charts

That's a boy

definitely a girl

Do you like my research?

China has already surpassed USA in real GDP, but not in nominal GDP

JUST

Is that supposed to be an argument?

it's a boy (female)

Yes, do you have anything on the Yen? I know little about currencies except that export based economies like devaluing their currency somewhat to make their exports cheaper.
I'm somewhat intrigued by the Yen. I'm not gonna ask Veeky Forums because it's full of people who think about get rich quick schemes.

I'll bump this again.

So is that why its so shit?

It's one of the few anime worth watching.