/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Engineering entirely for the sake of memery edition
Previous dod: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Corneroids
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>Opus Magnum
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Stormworks
>Skywanderers
>TerraTech

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb rides in CLANGhalla eternal, shiny and chrome

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kRvi57magCo
youtube.com/watch?v=biXdJwJJvlo
youtube.com/watch?v=hkwcehPhOXw
youtube.com/watch?v=IQNAjhRApPM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ded

engineering

Bumping my question
So is there a way I can get bots to take magazines straight to gun turrets?
Or if anyone has a good tutorial as to what is the best way to use bots I'd also appreciate that

I really wish BMW would go back to '95-style headlights, they just look more interesting

SUGOI SPEEDO

95 was the last good year, the new ones look too smooth and off-putting, I think. I love the sharknose on the 82 and 88, shame the imports had to have those ugly thick bumpers to meet safety standards.

I'm pretty sure you have to use a chest/inserter combo but I don't use bots because I'm not a dirty cheater. The best way to use bots to fill turrets would be to have them fill a belt which runs around to all the turrets which get filled by inserters.

What the hell is this shit?!

is that rainbow part a jewish gene?
are you cloning the joos

Use the belt spaghetti.
Transcendn the confusion of the weak pubbie brainlets.
Flood their weak setups with your superior throughput.

youtube.com/watch?v=kRvi57magCo

youtube.com/watch?v=biXdJwJJvlo

you gain brouzoeuf

Anyone have any idea about how to rip the models from crossout? I want to try printing some rc stuff

>put wires in brain
>download program that stimulates love center

youtube.com/watch?v=hkwcehPhOXw

Forgot relevant pic

Already tried ripping the maps out for exploitation purposes, but far as I can tell while they do use a standard PAK format its also using some encryption or obtustification and/or an in-house engine made specifically for crossout. If you could figure it out I'd appreciate it.

I'm not sure which is more impressive, part of your ship shearing off in a storm or making it home after that.

tfw no place to talk about [mexican scam artist game, the one with the shitposters]

Well a wave hit it

At sea? Chance in a million.

Well you see they design ships so the front doesn't fall off usually.

That wasn't a storm.

>The 104 feet section of bow broke off owing to poor plate welds at the Bethlehem Shipbuilding Co. at the Fore River Shipyard, Quincy, Massachusetts
fucking physicians

>hey should we check the quality on the structure of this extremely warship that has hundreds of men on board and rely on its function?
>naw fuck it m8, get it out of here we gave it the good ol boot test

>extremely warship
m8 grab some sleep

?
shit being mass produced in war time is a bit of a diff story

What's the best way to use disruptor conduits? I'm messing with 4m 500mm shells and they aren't really getting the job done.
I also made a 17k value baby killsat that shits out EMP missiles from space, but lots of larger ships have EMP-hardened shields.

*expensive
I just woke up no bully
I could understand munitions fucking up or weapons jamming but the bow of a warship falling off is a but much.

american quality, what did you expect?

A lot of armor and a lot of guns.

I understand what is happening.

>making it home
Pretty sure it was towed out of the environment.

Into another environment?

Well they got that part right, just had to save some time and money on the welds for the other bits and pieces.

Wonder if we had root access to history could we find out exactly how many conflicts were pushed one way or another from shoddy workmanship on the equipment.

bumb

dod

alas

Gonna have to suffer with reddit for now.

fake, the plaque is square but the shadow is a triangle

subtle.

deds

We need a new game, most of the posts in this thread have just been bumps.

cuckout update will save us right

PFFFT AHAHAHAHAHAHA

whatever happened to spengos racing?

I know GMod gets thrown around a lot, but I really believe it could be a valid game if we have a minimum of plugins and a map voting system. I get that everybody wants Spacebuild or ACF or all the other "fun" mods but a lot of them are broken or will get complaints / stop people from playing. Some prop packs and WireMod (maybe a couple more minor plugins) would probably work. WireMod is a lot more versatile than most people think, it's just most people don't put in the effort to learn LUA or the gate system so they can't put it to good use.

Qswitched needs to make a glorious chode update.

So I was thinking of becoming a Crossout Dev or one of their 'Idea Guys' at least.
>R8 my concept art

Let's add in an alien faction that can use an orbital bombardment consumable that can only be bought for 5 real dollars.

I'll get on it. Thanks for the idea!

Depending on how fucked exactly tethers are this could be combined with the spinning top ufo concept

he needs to make some actual gameplay, multiplayer, or an AI league with entries created by players similar to reassembly. litterally no reason to play past dude lamo look at how finely tuned my sliders are I got like three meters of silicon carbide Whipple armor around my glowing space dick. I'd even take another set of missions. Anything.

Venture spess program

you should know that spess programs are strictly verboten here

This was the best I could come up with on short notice. Let me know what you think.

Also, more ideas pls

delete this, they might actually add it

Whatever happened to cuckworks?

>not Wall or Something

brb posting these on reddit

I want to think that this is what you meant, but I'm not entirely sure. Feel free to elaborate.
That's what I WANT, though.
bitch
uno mas

What's happening to the end of the track after the train moves out of the way?
inb4 clang

fucking kek perfect

This is why I come here

*thumbs up*

All or Nothing armor at its finest

Finished a 'quick and dirty' mock up of the Moonman Pack Portrait.

>$80 USD for 3800 gold coins

>tfw no game where you can design and build moon bases, launch loops and orbital rings in autistic detail

>monster hunter comes out in a few days

RIP this thread even more.

>not PC

who cares

I deleted space engineers from steam again. My life is better when it is deleted.

Would a cuckout virgin/Chad comic have the Chad not spending money or just buying everything

Virgin is the buyer.
Captcha:Virgen tebas
You have your answer.

Taking all the risky jewgold buys and always profiting off them.

>chad:
>has litterally never grinded for anything in his life
>uses expendable wealth from successful life to simply invest in the in-game market trends and have fun with his virgin friends that spend thousands of hours grinding

Chad would be ultra market jew, buying everything he would ever want without grinding for it a single second

youtube.com/watch?v=IQNAjhRApPM

I can't listen to this guy for more than a few moments tops, anyone mind translating from french stroke to english?

Emulation in about five years if they ever get around to unfucking the movement

This should be a thread OP image.

But why install it again?

seemed like good advice to me

Will we ever get another physics API that we can run on any graphic card without nvidia jewery?

More importantly, can the calculation be done across multiple graphic cards?

Yes and maybe

>yes
When and by who?

>When
The issue is that it already exists, but is never going to be implemented into a game engine due to time constraints and uncertain hardware possibility. If they could make sure you had [x] graphics card, then they could make anything, but they can't. Its like asking when multithreading is going to be added to anything. Not how that works.

Only way I see shit like a "physics API" ever working is if its used as a piggyback on an existing and very popular and well known API such as DX11 using compute shaders.

>and uncertain hardware possibility.
Aren't the minimum/recommended specs you see in any game more or less the same thing though?
Or am i confusing the two?

>cuckout devs said patch would be at the beginning of the week
>its monday
>no patch

I guess they meant thursday then. DERP.

monday is just the first day.
maybe the cuckdevs work week starts on tuesday.

>Or am i confusing the two?
you're confusing it lad.

If they KNEW you would only play the game with, say, a jewvidya 6gorillion then they could finely tune the engine to use it without needing to use some other bullshit such as physX or havok. Those other systems are pieces of software that are very easily adapted to new hardware and game engines, but aren't very good at specific tasks. It really isn't "oh lol the devs are laaaayzeeeee," its all about the return on investment. If they can't be sure everyone who has powerful enough hardware can play then they won't do it. Cuts into margins.

CUDA cores in jewvidja cards are bretty good at physics simulation and parallelization, but to build a game off them you need to be able to scale their performance and count up and down fluidly without modification and without compromising user experiance, thus they aren't used nearly as well as they could be outside of scientific shit. Say you had a thousand part vessel that slams into a wall. Without a physics engine like havok or physx, you'll have to do every single calculation one after another because of how multithreading works, unless you KNOW how long each calculation is going to take and either hard code it or make an engine designed around it, which has a lot of stability concerns.

Which nobody will do because physics based games are niche and AAA cowadooty and third person walking simulators and darksouls clones make more money in a week than spangies ever will, and a decent studio can shit out another game like those every year.

>new purple cabin originally had 13 energy, but they realized how fucking overpowered that is so they knocked it down to 12 energy and stuck a built in melee weapon on the front

wew lad, these devs. Imagine what you could do with 17 total energy by using the apollo generator. It would be broke as fuck. Power creep demands that they'll have a 13 or 14 power cabin at some point though, along with a 5 or 6 energy generator.