Give me one reason not to get into trades...

Give me one reason not to get into trades. Seems like most trades make you a lot more money than many cubiclecuck jobs and don't require 4 years of wasting money for a piece of paper.

>bump for trades discussion

being a 23 old neet, I wonder how much of the trades is just a meme or viable option for your average dude.

Really no reason not to, but there are a few things you must have together if you want to make good money by having your own business.

>Don't be a clumsy neet only go I to trades if you are actually good with your hands and can learn easily 'hands-on'

>Have a lot of personal responsibility and discipline.

>Learn to be a son of a bitch. You don't get big by being nice to people.

>Work your fucking ass off. 80 hour weeks minimum when you start out with your own business.

>Be prepared for the tax man

Trades are mostly non exportable, but get ready to compete with dirt cheap illegals and Hispanics. You can make a decent living and be your own boss.

It seems like you can upsell and scam people easily in trades too. Don't middleage moms get fooled all the time by getting told they need all these expensive things done?

Absolutely, and then do some little shit for them which makes it looks like you are the most handy nicest guy ever. Like find a door in their house that they need fixed and at the end of your contracted work fix it for free. They will think you are so nice and personable and call you when they need something fixed, and all you did was fix a door (sometimes that in itself can be a fucking project, but in msot cases it's not at all.) Win them over with a smile everytime. I speak from GC experience.

And getting paid with cash for jobs?

Seriously how do I get started in Ontario Canada. How do I find the right trade for me and then get an apprenticeship?

Well shit bro I don't know anything about you so I can't answer which one you should get into.

I can only give you advice about what I did but I am extremely lucky and privileged because members of my family are talented carpenters.

I started working with my uncle when I was 18 and helped him start his general contracting business. I basically helped by being a secretary, but I did all.the jobs with him and he was a master carpenter so instead of hiring framers and finish carpenters for our jobs we would do it and save tons of money. Eventually he made so much money and I've learned so much from him, that he started developing, meaning buying his own property and building/fixing things on it then selling it. I run the carpentry side of.it all and we pay other tradesmen for things like plumbing/electricity/plastering/roofing we can even do all that shit ourselves but we still make a lot and get to sit on our asses sometimes. So I already had a foot in the door, but all I can tell you is find work for trades on Craigslist or through someone you know and see if you like it first.

Let me break this plain and simple for you. If you're not going to college with the intention of becoming an engineer, a scientist, a lawyer, a doctor, or a teacher, or a nurse, if it's not those six professions, go into a trade. Plain and simple.

It's hard on your body
I did a skilled physical labor job in Febuary. I'm only 21, so I was able to get through it easily, but my middle aged coworkers were in pain all the time

This is truth.

There isnt a reason. Also NB4 SHITCPIN LITTERERAL KEKS

GC...

Cuck detected. ABANDON THIS FAGGOT

Fucking hand scraped pre stained oal wod floor and tile anons.

forgot business degrees in general

This 100% wagecucked a decade for shit pay. Jumped ina haul truck. Half the work twice the pay. Also now i can drive alnost anything be it boat, truck, shovel, hoe, loader, etc... fuck, half of the shit i run can pick up my house!

Learned construction diy style. Took a lot of money and heartache.

Currently studying for realtor lidcense exam and looking for HVAC night clases.

WORK 4 TIMES AS HARD AS THE AVERAGE FAGGOT AND RETIRE IN 25% OF THE TIME ANONS

Agreed. Solid job till you start poping shit getting out of bed.

U mad cause of our 200k/yr gainz? One time we made 400k 2 years in a row. Never thought I'd be dressed up in a suit at the top floor of a bank sitting there getting a 1mil loan to build.

I want to become a tradie but there's too many options fellas

Simple maths, mate. You compare what you potentially earn in x years doing a trade with what you potentially earn after getting a degree and getting a white collar job. Usually, if you're going into a trade you will make more money in the first few years (also because you're basically making no money while in college; the time spent in college is an investment), but in the long term you will earn more in your white collar job. If that is not the case with the degree and career you have in mind, then going to college is (at least financially) a bad investment and you should pick a trade.

Trades sound like a good idea when you're in your twenties and strapped for cash; and indeed it is. But be aware what you're getting yourself into. You won't be young and healthy forever, and years of backbreaking work is almost guaranteed to, well, break your back. Some people can deal with it for a couple decades and get out fine. Some people will have to live with pain for the rest of their life. Talk to older guys in trades, make sure you assess your own health properly (looking at your parents is a good start, genes matter more than anything).

do trades then become a professional crude oil trader/instructor of your trade.