So let me get this straight

So let me get this straight

You buy crypto currency because it will be worth a lot once everyone used it.
>but if it goes up a lot people will hoard it instead of transact with it
>if people hoard it and it's volatile merchants won't adopt it
>if people won't adopt it then how does it become worth more
>???

Would the only crypto that gets widespread usage be one in which you cannot gain from speculating in it?

you're describing some of many volatility factors. yes. cryptos are volatile.. it's pretty common knowledge. cryptocurrency is still a brand new concept. if someone could come up with an effective way to automatically control price volatility, we'd be headed in the right direction. cryptocurrency has obviously NOT been around long enough for a safe and stable stand-alone coin. give it time, and the right one will quickly come forward and be adopted. ripple seems to be on the right track right now by manually combating price volatility.. but there will be better ones. it's still WAYYYY early for cryptos.

adding to that: someone may have already come up with a great volatility control in their cryptocurrency, it just hasn't had enough time and users to figure that out yet.

Ok but if it's stable then you can't make money specimulating in it. Basically you can't make money from crypto, period

If it's something you can give to someone else, the price will naturally change. That's all there is to it. The key is automatically managing the volatility to roughly match something we're more familiar with, like a strong fiat currency. How someone will actually do that effectively, we don't really know yet.

What if a merchant had something really useful but required a different currency to be used?

Something something US dollars, something oil

fuck does that mean

Manditory Freedomâ„¢

think about btc as digital gold, not as some fiat memency

>ripple seems to be on the right track right now by manually combating price volatility..
this is literally the opposite of the point of crypto you fucking retard

WARNING STUPID NEWFAGS

These faggots are using you to fuel the false economy of these "coins"

>You buy in, you can make 10000%!!

You buy in you buy into a scam
Your only chance to make a profit is to convince even stupider newfags to buy in over you.

KYS FOR THINKING ABOUT THIS !!

Post in all coin threads

Yeah this is what I figured after losing $200 with Trumpcoin. But the dudes in those threads were very articulate and dedicated scammers, far as I can tell. They actually convinced me they were genuine and knowledgeable. Weird. Must be smart scammers, as opposed to the ones who just spammed that the coin was going "to the moon" or something lol.

Reported for spamming

>Bitcoin
>Fungible

Laughinggirls.jepg
How exactly is a 2hr+ transaction time fungible? It would be faster to sell my AAPL, transfer that money to my current account, withdraw it in cash and pay for my dinner than it would be to sit a restaurant for two hours trying to desperately convince a waitress that internet currency will go through any second now and by the time it goes through the price has dropped 30% and she's pissed because I've underpaid.

My Litecoin transactions take 15 minutes. Dogecoin - sometimes just a few minutes.

Yes, that is correct. A widely adopted cryptocurrency will see price plummeting or stabilizing. It's simple law of supply and demand. If more people spend a currency, then more of it is available. More supply then equals less buying pressure.

>How exactly is a 2hr+ transaction time fungible?
>implying it won't change in the future

I predict once bitcoin becomes normalised there will be companies that will instantly settle bitcoin payments for a small fee.

You deserve to lose money you fucking idiot. Crypto is a real, revolutionary technology that allows a shitload of things that were not possible before. Bitcoin has massive computing power propping it up and billions in chinese and darknet money flowing through it daily Monero likewise is extremely fast, completely untraceable transactions that's capable of massive scale and ethereum is literally building a protocol that will be the foundation of web 3.0 and has multiple startups already building exiting shit on it see: golem, augur. Meanwhile trumpcoin did what exactly? What was it's use case? If you're going to invest you should actually learn about and understand what you're putting your money into, if you don't you deserve to lose it like a retard.

lol alright. thanks for the notes.

You should have known what you're up to when investing into shitcoins

Shitcoins are like gambling anyway, they have absolutely zero backing