/mhg/ Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, with a fall 2018 PC release.
↳A Limited Edition Rathalos PS4Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Elder Dragons + Deviljho: youtube.com/watch?v=lmwxyM3sPwc
↳Full 2018 Winter Event Livestream: youtube.com/watch?v=FuxxrCmLi58
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Moveset Changes: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous hunt

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T4XxMqPB8K8p
youtube.com/watch?v=g1CuNYfFI1w
imgur.com/uXsMTeH
youtu.be/pMjm34h-fWE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is there a single good CB guide?

Finally the evil is defeated

Good god, finally.

WE'RE ALIVE

>get full vials
>switch to axe mode
>face the monster
>Δ + O
>repeat

Bring Akantor to MHW!!!!

cute_agnaktor.jpg

get phials do saed

Bring Akantor to MHW!!!!

cute_agnaktor.jpg

Yay!

Bring Akantor to MHW!!!!

cute_agnaktor.jpg

youtube.com/watch?v=T4XxMqPB8K8p
Posting No-Rocksteady runs

We can finally breathe, partner!

I kind of made a new thread somehow, but the image is broken, of course, and doesn't even shows in the catalog. It's like one second after this one but it's like 100 post before this one.
We are very fucked up here.

How difficult is World? It's not going to be easy peasy is it?

What is particularly impressive about HBG or LBG TA runs? I've only ever bothered with Bow, and it seemed very safe and easy, albeit fun, and I'm assuming the former two are similar.

youtube.com/watch?v=g1CuNYfFI1w

Please help me understand.

Bring Akantor to MHW!!!!

cute_agnaktor.jpg

see that's just retarded. you fill up vials, put them in your shield. fill up vials again, put the energy in the sword. then you fill them up again and do axe shiet.

>tfw the Gamestop Employees I ordered from don't feel like doing a midnight release and are giving out the game at 9pm

>Norway

Why does that always happen over here? I got so many games early that way.

Why are the images all 404 for me

three full days
four fucking sleeps
jfmsu

Only sundsvall and gävle? Great, that's the same distance as the norwegian one. God speed user.

I wish I knew about this 3 hours ago ...
This shit better work tomorrow.

hownew.ru? You need a pass now to see images and make new threads.

Image server is likely all goofed up.

>choosing a weapon to learn in the first beta
>read hunter's notes on weapons
>phials
>what the fuck is a phial
>skip
>gunlance it is

>the previous thread is archived
>still showing in the catalog
>this thread doesn't appear in the catalog

>tfw last month is 'home stretch' for me that takes no time at all

It's nice. Four days is nothing for me. Today after work I'll go to the store and snack my shit up. Tomorrow I'll do laundry for all my comfy 'I ain't doing shit today' clothes. Wednesday I'll make a giant vat of red beans and rice because it's tastier after it's been sitting in the fridge over night. Thursday I'll nap after work and the game will be out and I'm taking Friday off for a long weekend. It's an easy downhill coast from today.

>hey there's a monster named akantor
>lets make a monster named agnaktor
>lets also make monsters named barroth and barrioth

3 was a mistake

reality is coming apart

Wait until tomorrow and majority of their stores will have it. I know because I tried it with FFXV and BB.

Everything is fucked. Nothing is loading.

3 was great, faggot.

Does foresight slash have startup frames or is it instant? I should've tested more during the beta :s

Hi /mhg/!
I just checked my local electronics retailer and they had MHW listed. I used the "Buy and collect in store" feature they presented and got a message that my order would be ready in 2 hours. I traveled over there and bought MHW, just casually from the store. I tried booting it up on my PS4 Pro and it works! It works 100%!

imgur.com/uXsMTeH

Luck truly sides with Kira Yoshikage

three full days
four fucking sleeps
jfmsu

It's just us, user. You're locked in here with me.

Want to yiff?

Jesus christ /v/ MHW threads are just getting worse and worse. They are going completely batshit about the Rocksteady mantle likes their this game's Battlefront 2 loot boxes.

Enjoy yourself user. We will be joining you eventually.

Welcome to /mhg/ inner circle.

din fitte
I morgen skal jeg prove

>Charge Blade is introduced in vanilla 4. Is unplayable because its strongest attacks have huge endlag in a game where monsters are getting faster.
>Gets a bandaid in a form of shield charge and AED counters in 4U
>X/XX swapped those bandaids for Adept and Absolute Evades
>World returns the 4U bandaids, and ADDS another bandaid in the form of Rocksteady Mantle. Oh, and SAED doesn't consume shield charge for some reason.

No other weapon relied on counting staggers as much as CB.
Not even pre-World GS is this cucked in terms of lack of safety

Anything to make anything easier in MH is considered casual and will be looked down upon. What I don't understand is you don't have to bring it. It's an option for those who may need help, but apparently options is a no-no here at /v/.

Its here niggers
youtu.be/pMjm34h-fWE

Blame the localization team

Shitposters are on full on damage control.

Yes, you posted this last thread.

Kunne ikke ha sagt ifra litt tidligere.

I really want to play it, but my friends want me to play Dos2 with em, gonna play MHW until the brink of dawn after they decide to hit the hay
Lykke til! Dette er for at Rathalos Edition ikke kom til Norge (fuck check your local retailer shiten)

I've heard the full game runs better, is this true?

Really ? because I just passed my dick in your mothers anus, and still nothing here

CB is one of the safest weapons though. You have a lance tier shield, guard points on demand and SAED can guarantee staggers if you know the fight well.

It's a loud minority that has their self-esteem all tangled up in being good at a hard game. If casuals can have fun in a game that I clawed my way into, then my sense of self worth is invalidated.

I thought the ps4 pro was supposed to play games at 4k with at least 60fps? Or is that only a PC thing?

Will do. I never knew they pre-released stuff until now, cheers for the protip.

Take and inch and get a mile, they'll run with anything they can to hate on MHW.

Kill yourself, MasterlinkX.

> look on reddit
> all the threads saying "Can't wait for the full game to actually beat Nergigante!"

Am I taking crazy pills? Was he actually hard and I didn't get retard randoms or what? I killed him 3 times online and once solo and he seemed slightly easier than a G rank elder.

>Believing marketing

Yes he was hard. /mhg/ is just good at the game.

He is hard and reddit is full of beginners.

No, reddit's MH community is just mostly newbies and casual players.

Go back there.

Does anyone know if your farm accumulates resources while you hunt for materials in free roam in MHW? or how fast large monsters like Rathalos respawns?

He's hard and a lot of new players not understanding how MH works yet.

Nailed it, user.

I must have just got good players online then. Plus apparently his HP was meganerfed solo so that explains the solo kill.

Shoutouts to all of you who bomb sleeping monsters and use the paralysis/poison knives.

It has never worked before in Sweden or Norway, that user must have been very lucky.

they're just shit. I soloed nerg first try and i'm new to the series. also killed him a few more times with no carts and with mhgen teams for fun

Yeah he was really hard.
/mhg/ veterans are just really good at MonHun

I solo'd him and also beat him a few times with a couple friends and the hardest part was the time limit. Nergigante's spike growing and hardening mechanic makes it so carting even once to some of his ridiculous hitboxes makes you lose massive amounts of momentum, which is kind've a problem when you've only got 15 minutes. Wasn't so bad otherwise.

>/mhg/ is just good at the game.
[citation needed]

Charged O fills your vials in two hits
Tri + O twice makes the big damage numbers come out
That's all you need to know

I'm a braindead hammer user and I've spend the last 4 MH games knocking monster teeth out and doing pretty much nothing else. I'm trying to branch out and hunting horn looks like it's similar enough that I could pick it up without much trouble.

That said, it seems like every time I press a button, it does something new. What indicates whether I flail around while jumping backwards when I do a recital, or just stand in place and do an overhead slam?

Nergigante's easy as long you're using a blunt weapon, but god help you if you're using a cutting weapon

Question on how multiplayer works: does doing a story quest with others count it as done for everyone, or just the person who posted it (like previous urgents)?

A recent article says that you have to view certain scenes in story missions (not fully complete them) before you can do them with others, so I guess this encourages solo play. Does that mean that if I wanted to play through the game with 2 friends, we have to do everything 3x?

>Shoutouts to all of you who know what you're doing.

Solo'd him a bunch of times then ended it with a naked run with /mhg/.
I haven't played MH since P3rd, they're just shit.

Does cutting still do good damage when the spikes are white?

you can play all the quests in co-op. All you have to do is post your quest. No need to force solo

>What indicates whether I flail around while jumping backwards when I do a recital, or just stand in place and do an overhead slam?

Where you are in the combo.

>put the energy in the sword.
Why would anyone waste their time like that when they could just going straight to a SAED?

The problem with cutting weapons is that when attacking his head from the sides, you'll most likely hit his horns which are bounce spots to cutting weapons.

not him but you must be aware of all the retards even with G rank and crowns that dont know basic game mechanics

theres lots of people who just power through the game with pure willpower and gearsets. god bless them

>put the energy in the shield
>Why would anyone waste their time like that when they could just going straight to a SAED?

LOOK MOM, I CAN BE RETARDED TOO!

>theres lots of people who just power through the game with pure willpower and gearsets. god bless them
There's also people who just get carried by their friends and they dont learn anything for themselves

i think it highly depends on how much you played prior

i havent played a mh since X and while i easily did the first 3 quests with ls (whatever the first thing was it just staggered to death, didnt even hit me once) i had the bright idea of trying hbg on nargigante despite never playing it

took me like 4 tries and had a ~10min kill at the end

more elemental damage maybe? I'm not sure, that's just what I gathered from playing the beta. haven't played since P3RD which didn't have charge blades. Seeing as the sword/shield buff stays for a while why wouldn't it be viable to charge it? You'd just do more damage while filling up vials again for the axe discharge, no?

anyone streaming right now?

>naked run
don't bring that souls shit here newfag. we don't do that.

Just go through the archives. There were a shit ton of sub 10 (or even sub 5) kills. I personally got him by seconds, being an apparent shitter by comparison.

The sword buff also boosts SAED damage, not just the shield buff.

Yeah, I know, even while playing with /mhg/ I had people trigger the bomb detonation on a sleeping monster with a melee instead of letting a ranged thing trigger the bomb so that the amplified damage is done by the bomb and not the melee.
Unless of course that mechanic is gone in World? The one where only the first damage instance on a sleeping monster gets bonus damage.

>Bought Slim PS4 because of this game
>Flash sale, bought a shitload of $5 games and install them, also buy Horizon and Bloodborne
>Played the Beta, loved it
>Want to buy the game
>500GB HDD is almost full

Crap. How big is the game? PSN says 15GB and it seems a bit low.

Also should i push the trigger and buy it right now from the PSN?

Hes hard for the majority of players. You stinky neets who have 10000 hours into the series just cant comprehend how new or returning players wouldn't have the easiest time.

Got it; so if person A posts Quest 1 and his friends B and C do it with him, they all get credit for Quest 1 even if no one has done it before that? They can all move on to Quest 2 together after?

Oh yeah that's true I suppose. I think in the final game it'll be better if we can get blue sharpness and not bounce.