Are there any other history podcasts that are as good as Hardcore History?

Are there any other history podcasts that are as good as Hardcore History?

Other urls found in this thread:

huffduffer.com/Daveje
mega.nz/#F!vN9xlQzT!ZynoGppdPBTfFWQJPwYnjw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ยจ
I don't think there are any that aren't.

Dan Carlin should only make Hardcore History.

He is a massive libcuck on Common Sense and it colors my perception of him.

Then give me some that are better?

Can you pol faggots just leave or kill yourselves

Fuck off Dan, your political commentary reminds me of me when I was 17. Grow up, cuck.

New episode when

Also, does he ever rotate old shows into the current free lineup?

This guy has a large archive of them
huffduffer.com/Daveje

He is a well balanced centrist that tries to account for almost any viewpoint. The fact that you consider him libcuk only shows that you are an underage /pol/ that can't handle complexity.

>Dan is a liberal
>I agree with Dan on a lot of shit
>I am pro constitutional rights not being violated again, pro 2nd amendment, anti abortion, pro states rights, anti surveillance former veteran that voted for trump and is getting a business degree
>only thing vaguely """""""""""""libcuck"""""""" I believe in is telling the world to fuck itself and having a less interventionist America

what is a conservative to you then?

To answer OP, here are some I like:
>Sword and Scale
Goes over true crime, lots of psychopathic/sociopathic cases
>History of Rome
Mike Duncan does a great job of research and narrative
>Revolutions
Mike Duncan's second podcast, about revolutions across the globe
>Maritime History Podcast
Rarely updates, but is well done
>History of Byzantium
Well done, voiced by a brit with a good voice, although he is a bit monotone
>Our Fake History
Creator is a bit normie and pulls punches alot, and assigns blame/motive sometimes, but it's still entertaining

forever sadness teir
>The Lesser Bonapartes
Used to be an irreverent take of two friends talking about history like they were shitty movies, but one guy left and they replaced him with a latvian redditor who talks like FPS russia and relates everything to fucking latvia or russia, while talking over the original host

I don't listen to common sense because it's usually kind of boring, but I wouldn't call Carlin a "libcuck"
In fact I would say he is one of the best way stepping outside the box and examining both viewpoints

BBC's History Extra is decent

Dan is only interested in himself and his stability, the reform that Trump can bring is "too dangerous" and his rhetoric is "stupid".

Have you even listened to common sense? He outright praised brexit, and then in another episode related the Trump movement as more of the same, with people tired of the corruption and wanting an outsider (himself included), although he states Trump was not the one he wanted.

And Trump has said some pretty wild things, but who the fuck knows, maybe it got him elected.

Honestly man, try to listen to some shit without personal bias. You might find more common ground than no man's land next time.

The latest CS that I heard it sounded more like he doesn't think Trump would do anything h e said he would.

you're the dangerously stupid one

>old people being afraid of change
In other news, OP is a fag.

>Revolutions
Seconded, besides TAL, that show is what got me into podcasts.

>besides TAL
Stop with the fucking acronyms. I have no idea what "TAL" is, and this probably isn't on me, considering that I've compiled a pastebin of 100 history podcasts.

I'm sorry dissenting opinions are offensive to you.

Cum Town

Have you even heard his Russia episodes on Common Sense?

John Green is pretty great, only edgy "alt-right" (white supremacists) neckbeards hate him

I can't trust John Green. He once said that Darius I was a son of Cyrus II. Can't have myself to check and verify everything he says in that show.

le Cheerios face

Any good podcasts about the Napoleonic wars? Every fucking thing I find is only about Waterloo

The China History Podcast is great. Last lo has been doing it for like 6 years now.

The History of Alchemy: I think the hosts are pretty much done with this one but there is a lot of material. Interesting topics.

The History of Germany Podcast. Host is Travis Dow and his stuff is interesting to listen to. Doesn't upload on a consistent schedule though.

Bohemican podcast: history of Czech Rep. And Bohemia.

He does kinda fall for normie memes about guns like "muh assault rifles".

HI101, whilst focusing moreso on a narrative rather than names and dates, really allows a segway into topics listeners aren't familiar with.

hes a cuck m8

My problem with Dan is that he isn't really a historian, and it more interested in telling a narrative than in giving correct facts. Just listening to the first episode on his series on the Great War made me cringe.

History of Rome, especially the republic parts, are great.
I just started The History of Philosophy Without any Gaps and really enjoy it.

Dan Carlin is shit.

In Our Time is a great podcast, though you can't shake the feeling that Melvyn Bragg just wants to go home

which part(s) exactly?

Read a book, idiot.

I would if you could teach me how to read while driving

>he can't move his eyes independently of each other

Naked Bible podcast is the best place to go to understand the bible

Martyrmade is good - hasn't made an update in a while but the guy basically goes through the Israel Palestine conflict from the start in an interesting way.

Pretty sure he is influenced by Dan too and it shows a little bit but he's put a lot of work into it

Other than that H101 is okay but I find the guy annoying and blue pilled

>He doesn't have a glass eye to pretend to read to seem intelligent on the road

If one were to start one of their own, what should they keep in mind?

His WWI series is worth listening to, but everything else he has done is just a meandering pointless rant that doesn't inform you of anything and you wonder what the fuck you just spent 1-2 hours on. I was really surprised when I checked out his other stuff, it's so very bad.

>voted for trump
why are you pro amnesty youre destroying this once great nation

Thx

I'm guessing "This American Life"

History on Fire is pretty great, if you can understand Bolelli's accent.

Don't be wrong.

I have Hardcore History 1-57. Anyone interested in a Mega?

Ok! I'm ready for a hardcore mega!

Whenever Americans talk about history it's always overly excited to the point of annoyance. I hate everything Americans create because it panders to Americans who are almost retarded.

To that list I would add the fall of Rome podcast. The guy just finished a PhD on the subject so he brings up the latest theories and docs about it. Very interesting.

Alright, give me some time to upload it. It's 5.6GB.

Dan Snows history hit is him interviewing historians and is pretty interesting most of the time, although it's very biased towards English history

Based

Americans are raised to be EXCITED ABOUT LIFE it's just in our culture. If you don't look happy people will ask "What's wrong?" "Why do you look so sad?" partly out of feigned concern and we tend to feel pressured into lifting the spirits of everyone around us whether we want to or not.

Yes please

>we tend to feel pressured into lifting the spirits of everyone around us whether we want to or not
USA in charge of bringing smiles to the world. Fucking hell this guy

There you go, Episode 1-57.

mega.nz/#F!vN9xlQzT!ZynoGppdPBTfFWQJPwYnjw

Yes.

>mega.nz/#F!vN9xlQzT!ZynoGppdPBTfFWQJPwYnjw
Thank you bro. You're the coolest guy around.

It's so disgustingly insincere and annoying. It's more annoying when it's something interesting and it's like they're commentating their wrestling shows when it's about deer or some shit.

Dan Carlin does it too. It's like a poor man's Brian Blessed, but lacking all the charm.

This, otherwise some autist will pick up on it and spend the rest of their life sperging about about it and screaming about how you know nothing.

You are literally saying that because he criticized Trump a little more than he criticized Hillary Clinton, aren't you.

Because on every other issue he's a don't-tread-on-me transcend-politics 'radical' centrist..

I used to watch some of his stuff, he doesn't come close to hardcore history imo

>Listening to Dan Carlin's Ghosts of The Ostfront
>Keeps going on 20 minute rants about how Soviet and German soldiers were indoctrinated by EVIL dictators and how the SS are all evil monsters but the Heer are dindu nuffins who never harmed a fly

Really annoying desu

Inaccurate. I'm sorry that Dan is letting people into your little neckbeard history club.

Oh I feel so bad listening to lesser Bonapartes I used to laugh at that show much their chemistry was amazing