Did anyone here actually major in history? If so, what are you doing now?

Did anyone here actually major in history? If so, what are you doing now?

Currently sitting in Islamic Civ

Okay so I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda please

Currently a history major, I'll get back to you in 2 years.

Working on it, will probaly be flipping burgers.

Currently in my first year as a history major.
Not gonna have any career prospects, but hey I can shitpost on Veeky Forums all day.

So the answer is none of you actually do any meaningful work. Got it

I'm a History Major
no I don't use it to work currently but it did get me into the door applying for government work

>yfw you will never work for the state department or the cia as a regional expert and consultant, briefing diplomats and intelligence officers to help them put recent local conflicts in a greater context

History and classical studies combined major; I shill cellphones :(

>not using your useless degree to commission in the.military

People salute me and shit

How would you get food at McD's without people making it?
Checkmate, stemcuck

History teacher major reporting in. Since it's teaching I'm a double major.

Right now I'm in first year psychology.

But you still gotta enlist and end up doing OCS right?

And a 4 year degree is no guarantee you're going to do OCS any more.

No. Get a good GPA or do ROTC your junior year.

That doesn't really address my point. Military only gives direct commissions for doctors.

Is a History degree shit in America or something? Over here in the UK if you go to a top 10 Uni for it it's actually pretty decent, opens doors in law, finance, marketing, pr, journalism, government / civil service, consultancy etc

>Only thing I'm good at is history
>A history degree is useless

IT'S NOT FAIR

Yes, in America it's basically on the same level as taking gender studies

What sort of government work

an undergrad degree in america is useless. master;s degree and then you can talk about getting a decent job. lot of grinding in between for experience tho in between. I graduated as with a degree in history and asian studies, and just got back from teaching JET in Japan. applying for a master's program in NYC in international relations so hopefully I can get into the govt one day. we'll see how it goes. The important thing is to make sure you have some sort of skill to supplement your degree, and this applies for most fields. I am moderately fluent in Japanese, so that helps out a lot. Looking into an NGO this spring.

Jeez smoke you a busta

History major, Not much right now but in fairness I didnt get a masters, or go to law school or get a teaching license and I find politics repugnant. and those are the main thing you do with one

I mean it's not the most practical major ever, but this is just totally wrong

I did a year as a high school teacher but quit because I fucking hate teens

Store clerk

I'm double majoring in history and policy. Graduate in May. Currently working 2 jobs one at a local chili parlour and another at the university as part of their center for civic engagement which basically promotes citizenship by organizing volunteer efforts and getting people interested in politics at the local levels. Also working on deliberative dialogue events to encourage collaboration across political spectrums to try and fight the toxic political culture that has caused people to isolate themselves ideologically. After I graduate I'm trying to get into a teaching position for social studies and civics at the middle or highschool level.

Fuck sakes I meant politics*

Failing to continue writing because of laziness and internet.

If you can't get a good job with a history degree, you are a failure.

>recent local conflicts in a greater context
I don't think explaining who cucked or jewed who entails being an expert.

No. People just say it's useless because there isn't a job field directly tied to it and people have been shilling the STEM meme for a long time. In reality, the truth is more like .

The reality of most jobs is that they just require a degree. Any degree. That's why the major with the highest rate of employment in the US is English. For the most part, the important thing is getting a degree and then being able to sell yourself to job; what your degree is in isn't important. History majors in the US end up doing the same kinds of things you list.

Yeah, you're not going to end with a job within the field of history with just a bachelor's, but realistically, it's not a useless degree by any means.

graduate next spring. hopefully go to grad school for public administration because fuck this major.

Bachelor's in history here. High school teacher. Not bad.

Yes.

Banking / Finance (not teller fuck off)