Recommended Reading: pastebin.com/eJ4kNhSE
Cao Cao 2014: pastebin.com/UHcpuWM6
Three Kingdoms 2010: pastebin.com/yTcAccLy

Dynasty Warriors 9 New Gameplay Playlist:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmBdlHcHH7paWcO8ucTw-UqwlEWUhvUS7

Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Trailer:
youtu.be/s4D42vMUSIM

Bulletin:
-Zhou Cang, Cheng Pu, Man Chong, Xu Sheng, Xun You, Cao Xiu and Xin Xianying are newcomers.
-Dynasty Warriors 9 will be open world. Everyone from 8XL and Xun Yu from Empires will return.
-Dynasty Warriors 9 will be out in February 8th in Japan and February 13th worldwide.
-Dynasty Warriors 9 will have a roster of 90 characters.
-Zhang Fei and Zhao Yun are clones of each other.
-Xiahou Yuan and Yue Jin share the Twin Rods, and Xiahou Yuan is shit.
-Hua Xiong has been 100% confirmed as a last minute addition to DW9 and datamined strings indicate he will be spunoff into his own faction with Zhou Cang, Wen Yang and Zuo Ci starting in DW9XL.
-Eng dub is worse than 3

Suzuki just tweeted this.

I like this one better because it had a qt as OP

>leaving out the NPCs that should have been playable

THIS IS THE END LADS

nth for me~

Are we done now? It was pretty funny.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

What's so bad about having a shitty english dub? That just means we can add to dykes and believing in magic.

This thread has won the war. That was quick.

FOOL
YOU DARE CHALLENGE ME WITH TRICKERY?

Its not funny bad thats why.

>Akihiro "if her age is on the clock" Suzuki

I love Lu Lingqi!

So, they summon a clone with their magic? What of it.

Kill drumpf.

>Kills Lu Lingqi

daddy why?

what‘s with that horrible haircut?

I am my own opponent? This will be difficulty.

It is clear /eagg/ has lost the Mandate of Heaven. Rest assured that when /twg/ declares itself Emperor in Fall 2018, the minor lords will fall in line, the land will know peace and chaos will give way to order.

We...must.....push

TRAITORS! I shall defeat you in the name of the Han!

I DONT BELIEVE IN MAHGIIIEEEEEKKKK

TW:TK was an ineviteability. And the KT have noone else to blame but themself that a western studio picks up the material and actually turns it into a technically competent strategy game.

The best case scenario would be that KT actually step up their game afterwards, if people get a whiff of an actually modern game set in the Era.

I'm excited but we all know what happens to /twg/ games at launch

>Lu Bu
>great warrior brought down by superior numbers
>/eagg/ games about great warriors
>/twg/ games about fuckhuge battles with superior numbers
We welcome this war.

>Lu Bu
>Great warrior

oh god /twg/ was the best thread of all time during rome 2s launch.

YOU DARE INSULT ME?

So what will Lu Lingqi even be doing after Lu Bu's death?

Among men
Daolun
Among horses
Shiji

JOIN WU

FALL IN LOVE WITH TAISHI SHI

DIE AT HEFEI

Trying to steal back Red Hare from Shu I guess. KT has said that while everyone will get their own ending, some characters will have far shorter stories than others.

>the combined shitposting of /twg/ and /eagg/ when CA fucks up again

I wasn't around much during the launch and I'm too afraid to ask what happened.
Who cares what happens with /twg/, we're going to see a spike in normies interested in the era and we'll be here to meme on them. Also I can't wait to see videos of people playing the game and mispronouncing the names. Which I also do but I'm trying, I swear

Nu Bu*
In DW9 he initiates the duel with Zhang Fei in an attempt to rescue Xiahouji and knits pussy hats for Dong Bai in his offtime

>implying she won't have a yuri romance with the mentally challenged guanbaby

Will only accept this if Dong Bai verbally abuses him.

COW PEE

Wait a second isn't Xiahou Yuan's line of praise from the dub video Li Dian's line in DW8

the quick rundown would be:
>rome 2 launched with horrible technical issues
>graphics on max are not even close to what has been advertised
>lower settings have hilarious consequences like seen in the screenshots

Yeah Yuan has wierd homo lines now and Dun is a happy go lucky teenager

I dont think so because I'd remember if Yuan straight up flirted with his cousin

>/ourDong/ and Yu Jin in YTR, Sun Jian with the old Wu guard instead of his 2 year old son
cool desu
This post has been paid for by KOEI TECMO AMERICA.

Nothing wrong with flirting with your best buds

>mfw no young tall buff heroic dong in YTR

>lower settings
It is also accomplished on maximum as well. In Total War there's a key you press to zoom in the camera a bit (default is N in latest titles). Doing that in Rome 2 zoomed you in but the game didn't realize you were looking closer so it continued to use the low poly zombie models with creepy smiles.
Plus when Rome 2 released it basically had big and small problems in ALL areas that on their own would usually be ignored, but because they were all present it was basically unacceptable.
It was like receiving an F because you did 75% of the work but you got less than an 80% on everything you turned in,

Can anybody tell me what the fuck Cao Cao is saying when he does his musou attack, I can't understand him at all

Is it safe now?

Reminder that they skimped on the English VA budget to get a Chinese dub and the chinks hate it anyways so everybody lost

Yes. The thread got declonned.

chinese dub isn‘t meant for chinese players.

From a comment on reddit

>I am a Chinese who speaks Mandarin, though. I can tell you that the Chinese dubbing is embarrassingly stupid. The Chinese script is translated fully according to the Japanese script (with Japanese anime style and Japanese-esque thinking) without polishing. When I played the Chinese demo in Beijing, it was like I was watching a Japanese anime with low-quality dubbing. I may couldn't stop laughing if I play more. The Chinese VAs are simply imitating the original Japanese tone like how Zhang Bao's English VA imitated the original Japanese VA by saying "Feel the power of my magic" in DW3 in an exaggerative way, and the word choices in the Chinese script make me feel so wrong because they are translated directly from the Japanese script which is stupid - no Chinese would ever speak like that. And I don't think they have too many voice actors for the Chinese dubbing - Lu Bu sounds like Zhao Yun, Xiahou Dun sounds like Guan Yu, Guan Yinping sounds like Wang Yuanji, Yuan Shao sounds like Dong Zhuo, Dong Zhuo sounds like another generic fan weapon officer.... And just like I've mentioned, the dialogue pace in Chinese is also weird like the English dubbing. For example, when Guo Jia says "You are the true Dynasty Warrior" when the player achieves 1,000 kills, he speaks like: "You [pause for a while] are the true Dynasty Warrior." because this voice line in Japanese, "you" has five syllables but only one syllable in Chinese. And the VA just waited there for seconds like a fool after he said "you"...

DW9's website feels like it was almost Google Translated at times so I'm not surprised. I'm in disbelief that they kept one of the chapter names as 'Starting to Divide', that's the kind of fragmented English I used when I was like 5 years old.

Jesus christ. First the NPCs, now this. I mean I really wanted to buy it for the waifus at least but holy shit.

At least when empires comes out you will already be used to the JP audio... right?

"FOR ME!"

No I am the true Dynasty Warrior!

I didn’t realize Chinese people were such bitches
lmao

No

it is

myself!
i am the warrior!

I've always used the JP audio since the PS2 games (since the only ones available here in asia were the Jap versions anyway),but this level of incompetence on KT's part is just astounding at this point.

Keep practicing Huangfu Song! You'll get it eventually!

Hey guys

cow pee

haha

i dont know what you mean

>I'm in disbelief that they kept one of the chapter names as 'Starting to Divide', that's the kind of fragmented English I used when I was like 5 years old.

English titles for movies, books, chapters, and so-on are not unknown to fragmented, questionable, or odd grammar. My as well give Cormac McCarthy shit for All the Pretty Horses being a sentence fragment. "Starting to divide" is grammatically correct anyways
The problem is that Starting to Divide doesn't have that "dramatic" title flavor to it. Advent of Division, Rise to Fall, or Forward to Collapse; shit like that would work better than something as basic as Starting to Divide.

Why oh why does Xiahou Dun sounds like an effeminate bitch boy in 9? He didn't sound like that in either the English or Japanese dub of 8. What the heck made the localization team think was a good idea? This is worse than nerdy Zhang Liao.

The same actor is also playing Dian Wei.

Look forward to that

Holy shit this is actually real.

Not as much as I do

Nowadays, Japan just makes English releases for SEA.

I'm from SEA and I don't like this

You get DOA Xtreme 3. That absolves at least 50 shitty localizations you may get.

Where the HQ scans?

What gong-gong you pai kia speak lah

Same with mobile games, since unlike Americans, people there arent that picky about machine translations.

Because they already speak broken, bastardized English

jesus fuck

all is lost

Well exactly. Jap localization teams dont need to bother making seperate servers for different countries like Taiwan, Vietnam, Malaysia, Philippines or Thailand and instead put them all in a single server using basic universal language they can all understand.

KHABAAAAR

You mean marries.

Theres no way she would fight for Wei

Bara wrestling with Deng Ai when?

Where did the '8 is bad' meme suddenly come from?

People gettin' woke, son.

Namefags

NPCs? Can somebody give me a quick rundown?

Unique NPC models for Dong Bai, Hua Xiong, Yuan Shu, and the girl Zhang Fei kidnapped and raped.

>Yuan Shu
>Dong Bai
>Hua Xiong
>Xiahouji
>NPCs (aka Next Playable Character because let's be real, you dont model characters like that let them stay NPCs)

As soon as his musou bar is filled.

>the girl Zhang Fei kidnapped and raped.
Which one? There were probably dozens.

They rolled them all up into one character.

The unique NPC thing is how Samurai Warriors has always done it, so eh.

The one Xingxai shot out of

Also same shit in Sengoku Basara. Unique NPCs in base game, then become playable in the expansion.

I wouldn't really call this a loli, looks more like a purple Azula with a flail.

8 was always objectively bad. It's just without my guidance no one truly realised how they felt until now

Iv always liked it honestly. Its a nice tease of whats to come too.

Besides its a more favorable form of jewery than the endless fan service costumes