youtube.com/watch?v=CpmAD4gcLMo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I give up

dont give up
never give up
we wont stop giving all we've got

dont nigga

item box is semi functional

This is how mentally retarded the competition is.

more farming stuff
been lazy lately kill me

looks nice

the webms of your inn and throwing items at the people and their reactions to the right/wrong items was solid gold man
I mean this looks nice and obviously same or similar assets, but that was fun as heck

You played as a Mantis who was trapped in british jail. Your only way out is to train your strength enough to lift the cage's top cover and run from the dog-loving britbong.

This morning I finally implemented sound effects and the sound effect format. Can't really post an image of that, but they go BEEP BEEP BLUP, so just imagine that.

Also, I had a little time yesterday after work so I added moving backgrounds, which also fixed most graphical issues with the menu screens.

I'll spend the rest of the week trying my hand at improving the console version some more.

>i think i know le trends okay guyz
>Lists a bunch of games nobody knows of or cares about
>assumes people aren't tired of undertale/earthbound """"humor""""
>makes horrendously unsuccessful game he won't even call by name
>still thinks he knows stuff
who's retweeting this guy anyways?

What is Kung Fu Man's backstory
I need some lore

thanks, this is a separate unity project and I intentionally left environment art out so I could focus on gameplay, that stuff will be added back in soon

His girlfriend got captured by Suave dude and he has to go rescue her from Suave dude (because Suave dude has captured her)

It's the Gurren Lagann of fighting game stories pretty much

who is this guy? and why should i care?

5 months of working. Android platform. Rate me

sounds like mario

make sure to implement microtransaction

its free. Just few ads. Its my first game.

Finally getting around to implmenting summoning x_x

here's the different kinds of summoning methods a model can have.

lacks juice.

working on database for a small MMO style game

Trying to figure out the what data I want to
>keep only on a secure server
>have constant and not update except when game is patched
>be able to update at any time the server is running
for the sake of enabling hotfixing, I think that all data has to be updatable while running
there's also data that has to be kept constant between the secret server and the live databases

its a simulator

Several years ago I spent some time learning Unity and wanted to make a basic chase camera where trigger buttons made the camera orbit the character ala Disgaea. It entailed using quaternions, but I couldn't find anything in the answerbase nor could anyone I asked help me. In the end I spent 6hrs to find it was 2 simple lines of code.

Maybe the documentation and userbase is better now, but I wanted to explain them to a friend today and drew this up as a basic diagram. If its old info at this point, so be it, otherwise hopefully its helpful to someone trying to understand camera mechanics:

I just realized, I think the trick is to keep each individual point of data in only 1 spot, so there's only 1 source of truth that everything draws that information from.
Then every process that needs that information needs to incur the cost of retrieving it (and caching if needed).

Having data possibly replicated from one area to another could create an issue too, so instead just having it call out via service to get that information makes it much easier

my game no longer gives me a reason to live

To clarify: The idea with using 90 degrees is that pressing the trigger button would swivel the camera a quarter of the way around while facing the character at all times. Pressing the Right trigger would execute a -90 degree rotate and turn, etc.

I actually sell an asset on the unity asset store that can do that, as well as a bunch of other third person camera stuff
I could give you a voucher but it seems you already got it

If you need help with rotations and stuff, check out this
>pastebin.com/yvzbfAiF
It's a class I wrote to make it so you could use the Transform rotation functions and stuff without actually initiating a GameObject

perhaps you need a new direction to salvage it. Let's see what you got, and we can be ur ideaguys

you don't understand. the game is done and can be released, but now i just have feelings of it being shit and not worth putting out there, my purpose is gone

is the twist that suave dude didn't kidnap ur girlfriend, and how that's all a lie that kung fu man made up to keep from facing the truth? the truth that his girlfriend is a cheating whore who fell for suave man's superior girth?

Cuck Fu Man

WTF is that thing real???

My lore runs so deep that I can't let anyone know about it and don't have to write it down anywhere

all you can do now is release it, and either make another game or find something else that makes you happy. If you make another game, you can only really get better anyways

much appreciated user!

Small but important progress. key items don't fade in, and made a little bulletin board that'll update you on objectives.

very impressive

i've met this guy before irl and hes kinda crazy but kinda cool

My side project game is almost done but I don't have any audio.

I'll be looking for a sound guy but those open source websites are annoying to work with and I just can't pick a style.

Anyone interested can try it, no audio though:
mega . nz/#!z54nEYTa!nI_xSO1vChURsa0Ep1EDxc6f8Sqi93oFUAsRCMlu4_M

You need something simple and fast

Cleaned it up some. Now, I'm going to bed, I think.

>i didn't make it, but listen to my advice guys
this is why every single "success" lecture, life coaches, etc, are a complete scam - it's basically people who can't/didn't make it and are trying to milk it by scamming you.

The guy who made a funny speech at GDC about his game flopping horribly.

I would have made a border highlight with the square also highlighting slightly. Kinda looks like an attack reticle.

No idea if you've already chosen what to deploy, but you could vary the selector by unit being deployed

cool as heck

>ideaguy overworked again
Fuck man i feel for the guy
If he keeps pumping out ideas like this hes gonna kill himself yet he keeps pushing himself

Is there any point in using GameMaker: Studio 1.4 in 2018?

>Is there any point
no

Please try to read the entire question

What are people using to make games these days? I've been out of the loop since about 2015

there's no point to anything

This makes me really mad. Please stop.

These threads are still infested with nodevs, I see. Please don't make me use Reddit. I feel even that site would be more helpful than this.

Unity, UE4, Godot, GMS, plus like one person each who uses source engine or something else.

I like Tim Rogers, divekick's a funny gag wityh genuine competitive aspects and videoball looks like it could be a blast (though i'm not picking up video ball on account of dead online and no people to screenshare with)

The new GMS 2 or is the old one still preferred?

Does anyone here actually use godot?

I tried, but it just felt too disorganized like most opensource software.

A schoolshooting simulator, but you are a kid who got a gun, against the terrorists. You can also make traps and stuff. Die Hard meets Home Alone.

i have no idea m8, i just listed what people argue about on here the most, really
i suppose the dude that argues for it in every single thread does

NICE

I do, although I haven't got that far with my game yet.

>tried GMS2
>even tho I don't know anything about programmation, I was able to code some movement plateformer stuff from zero
>had a test level, and a working char prototype, complete with placeholder opponents and stuff
>feels good

>tried Godot
>can't understand how anything works
>almost had a brain aneurysm
>hituninstallbutton.gif

And that's how Godot made me migrate to Unreal 4 for my first 3d game project.

>programmation

yes

woops, my bad

Keep making games and posting

>tfw you're 300,000 lines of code in writing your own C compiler for your game engine so you can be sure that every bit is positioned exactly as you intended and you suddenly realize you forgot your game idea

I don't know what that is but I want to eat it

>REEE PLAY MY LIST OF NOT-VERY-OBSCURE GAMES THAT EVERYONE KNOWS ABOUT THAT I PLAYED DURING MY CHILDHOOD AND MAKE GAMES JUST LIKE THAT FOR MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ON_KEY_PRESS

or

ON_KEY_RELEASE

on_key_halfpress

Each causes a separate action

> tfw two days till global game jam in my local area
> still need one person for a 3 man team
> can't even find an idea guy
Cant wait to actually have to socialize irl, come up to people and ask them if they want to make a game together...

this is why life coaches are stupid, listen to meta philosophy instead
clean your room, sort yourself out, look low to find god, etc etc

>press space to jump
>release space to duck

Shut up Henry.

the nearest one to me is like $50 to enter. fucking scammers.

post dev music dev bois
youtube.com/watch?v=kXlxlpAIzxQ&index=11&list=WL

shitty girl music and anime trash not allowed

finally got the level streaming code all finished

I'm sure there are bugs because I didn't test very much, but I'll leave it to the level designer to find them

> $50 dollars to enter a global game jam
what the fuck is wrong with them. How can they even price the event? Where are you from that this shit happens?

>shitty girl music and anime trash not allowed
why don't you fuck right off, m8
youtube.com/watch?v=YLlh-bt4HDA

>all available places in my area run out in a day
>had a team
Fuck

youtube.com/channel/UCUGy8GD5oY4EX9awX4FSqBw/videos
youtube.com/channel/UCvVWCrxq_aZr7fN_KpaGGTA/videos

Ambience for maximum focus.

> don't post girl music
> posts emotional LoZ
ironic

;-)

my fav : youtube.com/watch?v=P0us16m2TSM

>ambient
my brother from another mother
youtube.com/watch?v=CpmAD4gcLMo

> Be in Lithuania
> look for team members online
> "just like wait for the event and meet them irl bro"

just whore yourself out on grindr and use the money to pay wage slaves to make your game for you
thats what i do

I'm sure you're adept at sucking cock to help you with your hobbies user, but i'm not interested in that.

gay

>post progress
>people praise it
>no critique or suggestions, just praise

Thanks, that's very useful.