Is buying a physical safe a good idea for storing crypto wallets

is buying a physical safe a good idea for storing crypto wallets

i think hidden compartments are a better idea. a safe screams 'steal me.'

that makes sense

so somewhere in a drawer or a shoe box maybe?

I bought a safe for my precious metals.
#Regret #NoCoiner Someone kill me.

False wall or floor in a drawer is best probably

>is buying a physical safe a good idea for storing crypto wallets
Have long been involved in the precious metal community.
Saves are a meme. Most people I know who had dozens of kg gold used the save as a honeypot and put just a few coins and documents inside. Their real stash was in a
>hidden compartment
but this hidden compartment has to be extremely well hidden so that there is absolutely no chance for anyone to dind it. Some people put their gold below their wooden floor or walled it in.

I bought a safe and filled it with metal, making it extremely heavy. I also made it so it couldn't be opened, but it looks normal on the outside. I do this because I want the robber to waste their time. My valuables are in a bank safety deposit box.

I put mine in sausage casings, lube them up, and shove them up my ass.

>I also made it so it couldn't be opened

"Open the safe or a cut off your finger," says the robber who has a gun to your head at 2 in the morning.

What do you do then? do this

No. That's more money you could have put into crypto.

This. So much this.

this is dumb, what are you gonna do if you're in the house when he breaks in you dipshit

sleep with a gun up your ass

OR

Say the keys are in a drawer and pull your gun out and shoot him

Shoot him?

Good point, it could be a her.
#femcrimes #feminism

Unless you're a cyborg and your arm is a gun, you can't rely on this.

If he's already pressing the gun to your head it's too late to draw on him.

wherever you store it, safe or no safe, make sure you insulate it with faraday, or EMP resistant material.

I have a safety deposit box at a bank. I keep some gold and silver in there, as well as my Trezor recovery seed. The seed is written on a blank piece of paper in a sealed security envelope. If someone were to pull a heist and break into my particular box, chances are they wouldn't know what the list of words even meant. The bank doesn't keep a copy of the box's key, only me. They're required to check ID before giving access to the boxes.

As for the Trezor itself, I'm not worried about that being lost of stolen. The thief would have a just a few guesses for the PIN number before they're permanently locked out.

Hardware wallet + safety deposit box for seed + obscuring the written seed with a simple cipher is probably the most secure and foolproof way of protecting your crypto IMO.

This is good advice. Listen to this user.

This user knows what's up

store your private keys keys in an encrypted fileystem. store your symkeys for your filesystems in an encrypted filesystem on a video dvd. the key for that is an unsalted ciphertext of a specific section of a video_ts file. un-fucking-breakable. just keep it on an airgapped system.

>be American
>one of us is already dead from the gun battle

How effective would a safe be against a fire?

Not at all

probably turn it into a forge and make a neat puddle of precious metals.

They are generally fire rated at a certain temperature for a certain amount of time. Your best bet would be to get a "fire proof" box to store inside a fireproof safe.

A safe is a good idea, but only if you buy the right safe.

Don't buy the cheap ones from walmart or home depot. They're so light someone can just pick them up and take them.

Also don't get fooled by the fake thick doors/walls most have. Those are just sheet metal with padding on the inside.

Instead, find a commercial safe company in your area. It's worth paying more for quality.

For example, see attached.

... 900 lbs
... solid steel construction all the way around
... bolted to the floor
... rated for fire and theft
... drill resistant metal
... tamper proof devices inside the door

A professional company will deliver and install it. You cal also tell them what you want the combination to be.

I'm not sure what they cost these days, but I paid about $1400 for this safe in 2007

you should already own a safe full of weapons and ammo