/domg/ - Dominions General

Feebleminded Edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 3000 units, 900 spells and 400 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/wjbSA98Y

>Drawfaggotry
dominionsdraws.imgur.com/

>DOMINIONS 5 IS OUT.

>Where do I get it?
Currently only available on Steam.
store.steampowered.com/app/722060/Dominions_5__Warriors_of_the_Faith/

>Manual
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5manual.pdf
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5tables.pdf

>Mod inspector
larzm42.github.io/dom5inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1212948582

>Debug mod
dropbox.com/s/oo492x2cs8vag34/debug509.zip?dl=0

>How do I change the fonts?
Replace guifont.ttf, guifont_fancy.ttf and guifont_texty.ttf in the game's 'data' folder (C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Dominions5\data usually).

>Is there an easier way to play multiplayer?
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/dominions-4-pbem-manager-new-stuff.104015/
Works for Dominions 5 just as well.

>Completed games
Submit them here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeuclmaCiRo8vcTztsKjPJxnBgRDE-E1uNvE5j0x5wDZMMhRA/viewform
Results:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OxILAa3Y_O7Vk2NFhKAAQfStHqh1WJXMkGCim9sQ_ns/edit#gid=1292233344

>OP pastebin
Just copypaste it and link the previous thread below.
pastebin.com/RbFWcFcU

>Previous Pantokrator:

Other urls found in this thread:

si.battlespot.com/wiki/Main_Page
crypticcomet.com/games/SI/Solium_Infernum.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does the Barkskin blessing give the same fire weakness as the Barkskin spell?

Yep. So it's pretty good on Abysia.

Need a sub for Hinnom, turn 1 has not staled yet, in mint condition.

If it's turn 1, just restart the game without him.

Means you either blow loads of points or skip Unaging, though. Abysia always has at least one of your best mages extremely overaged.

Just wanted to not have to shuffle everyone's positions, but if nobody wants to sub I'll do so.

I think the ea awe/barkskin lion meme is pretty good even with old mages.

Just let him stale and restart if he does.

I'd happily join if there's an open slot, but I'd rather not sub someone's terrible pretender build.

If I'm breaking into blood with pretender, what's the best stuff I can get from blood without starting whole economy around it?

Blood stones, unique summons, send horror

if you're using LotNS to boost s2 mages to S3, and your facing a bunch of 10 HP stuff, is there any reason to use soul slay over mind burn?

Well user start making a pretender, I'll wait an hour or so but then I gotta go to sleep so if nobody has offered to sub, I'll unstart and you can send in yours, because I just realized I won't be home until tomorrow afternoon.

rus what the fuck
Did you just demolish your cap, move your stack onto an enemy fort and die to a scout moving onto your capital?

I'm free now.

I'd be willing to sub, I like random builds

Mind Burn might not kill on a low roll but I think the spammability makes up for it

Gimme your email user. Tell me if you prefer I jump into vanheim chat or something if you don't want to post it here.

Cascades is probably better than either, but if you're fighting a mass of weak units, isn't Star Fires better than Mind Burn/Soul Slay? x2 irresistible 7AN that'll often kill outright and land most hits on big groups, for even less fatigue.

let's hop in the chat

Sorry was away a few minutes, I'm in there now.

>enemy has Vafur Flames up
>turn off my swarm casters because insects will never pass the flames
>wait 3 turns for a water mage to arrive to attack for mass fire resistance
>I missed that one of my swarm casters carrying gems wasnt on conservative gem use
>he casts wooden warriors
YOU GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING STUPID PIECE OF SHIT
very nearly cost me the battle, the Deives died about 2 turns before a total rout

on an aside my god was also erroneously set to attack

oh and defenders on the walls cause pathing issues that make units loiter in the flames, making Vafur Flames a pretty solid spell these days (but kinda bug exploity)

>oh and defenders on the walls cause pathing issues
god I hate this so much
good fucking luck getting into forts full of archers/evo mages when your entire army stops to spend 20 turns inspecting the staircase and battlements and maybe slapping the dude up top, while your own archers and mages aren't in range of their enemy's and instead pile on the friend fire trying to help clear the walls

Last time I'll post about this, currently seeking one more player for Solium Infernum, a game in the same vein of Dominions, but with a greater focus on diplomacy and adaptability. Reply with email or discord if interested.

si.battlespot.com/wiki/Main_Page

Are we far enough into dom5's life to do absurd meme games?

Pretender lottery or random X games could be fun.

I'd sure be up for it, please do host one.

if yall play another game after this one, post again. i can't commit to anything else atm but i played a game of SI years ago and it was very good times

How about:
>Each player picks nation
>Players make a pretender for every nation but their own, double-checked to not be /completely/ awful, and send it to the admin
>Admin randomly selects the pretender for each nation

>double-checked to not be /completely/ awful
what's the point

Hey Ragha, you wanna call this? We're effectively the only 2 humans remaining, but we could duke it out if you think you can handle a turbo mictlan who ate half a dozen people. While Astral Corruption is up.

It's no fun if it's just a domscore 1, all scales dumped, wizard imprisoned with no design points spent.

It's tons of fun if it's I N N O V A T I V E meme builds.

I need 24h because of a big exam tomorrow. Sorry for delaying the game.

Oh shit I actually have a copy of. This and can want to play, I'm out of town though, I hope it gets posted again

xrd for Asphodel needs to make their fucking turn in the FewGoodMen game.

That sounds stupid. I'd rather just play a nation with random pretend/scales/paths.

any games open?

Only a Solium Infernium one

Should I be saving most of my gems in LA for casting? Even with some decent site searching I just have such a low income, forging expensive boosters and going for big rituals and summons doesn't seem feasible.

That was predictable.

Exam in January? Wth is this?

It doesn't have to be a final.

In case the admin for the_LAtest_innovations is around... we really should TC and Caelum AI.

Please tell me at least a quarter of your assassins are dead.

>34 sacred giants
>1832 resources
>3910 gold
>some auxillaries
>and some priests
>vs some bone-boys
>bone boys win
also pretty sure Hinnoms god just died cause last time I fought them their sacreds had regen
top kek

Like, a quarter of the assassins in that particular province?

what's his bless?

>I didn't take any of the multitude of ways to counter undead in a battle against undead
>Why did my much smaller elite army eventually route against never ending hordes of skeletons that don't route? wahhh! wahh!

Why do people post shit like this? Retardation? Jealousy? Attention whoring?

berserkers dont rout
every single sacred in his army fought to the end, it just wasnt enough

all his commanders and militia routed though

lbr tho Ashdod with E[big]N7 bless active would not have lost that fight or, indeed, suffered any sacred casualties

based on previous battles it would've been the same losses on the ashdod side to 240 losses on my side, Ermor dont rout and I'm casting Power of the Sepulchre

Also all those longdead have swords and not spears so they overcome protection consistently
and the 14 lictors that didn't die never made it to the front, the 9 dead lictors have 18 kills between them

I still would've won with their bless up, it just would've been a lot closer and pyrrhic

He didn't run the physical resistance bless?

nope, more fool him

no proper use of casters in his armies either, just thousands of gold of sacreds

Well, that's 18% dead, I wasn't too far off.
It's clever, but not unbeatable. Apparently it's something to see for yourself, but it might be a little underwhelming with all the hype.

Where can I get it?

Make it so all points need to be spent.

So, with the new fort mechanic you get a garrison there instead of the shooting towers you could build in Dom4. I understood it only now, after finding a water gem giving fortress, but the number of garrisoned troops there depends on the quality of the construction and not on the province's PD, right?

Marveni, if you are in this thread, I must thank you, you lost your Heroic Mercenary on that throne, right? I don't know how many dudes you killed there but thank you anyway. I greatly appreciate what you did.

>Host resolving battle :round 3
Please help

You mean Agartha. I did my turn like 20 hours ago.

Also please please do a double turn this time Earthworm Jim.

Bad news everybody we may have to restart the game. I blind expanded on year 1 and am now staling. I'm sorry you all have to suffer for my mistakes.

Not really. C'tis if you stale a second time I'm going to restart and replace you with somebody who doesn't stale twice within the first 4 turns.

off this website created in 2009:

crypticcomet.com/games/SI/Solium_Infernum.html

It won't progress pls help

Can Ulms armor still be hit with Rust effects or does the magic trait make it resistant to that too?

So what determines when a commander can make formations with his troops or not?

How high his leadership is. I think they can do it with Leadership 80 and higher.

Base LD 80 can do any formation, under 80 can only use box and skirmish

what nation i can win with just spamming racial units that arent sacred

Unless it has changed since dom4, I think bird men, skeletons, or bats

Many nations have non-sacred troops that are worth recruiting. You'll always want to recruit mages, though. You can't spam basic troops with no mage support and expect to get anywhere.

Usefulness of sacreds generally tapers off the longer the game goes. They're generally superior to regular troops, cost less upkeep and some specifically provide aspects the nation can't get otherwise, but compared with taking more scales and buffing your regular troops up to near-sacred abilities with mages in later game, you'd usually pick the stronger overall nation that doesn't lean of sacreds.
Their main strength is in having a lot of buffs right off the bat that everyone else will have to research, or that you have no natural access to, or that can't be provided by mage buffs at all.
You generally only *need* to take a significant bless when your other units are dogshit.
Obviously nations without sacred troops should be good at this. MA Ulm, Shinuyama, Mekone (in descending order of nation viability).
Also if your sacreds are shit, like for every age of Man.

Pale Riders

>attacking a heavily fortified position full of ranged troops and mages
>the walls make it much harder for the attacker

It´s not a bug, it´s a feature.

The "see by yourself" is mostly that I didn´t want to spoil it and easy the building of counters.

It´s nothing ultra fancy, it just does a good work.

>imprisoned vine dragon pretender
>MA Ermor scales
>Dominion 10
>F10 B10
>on a resource and gold hungry nation without blood hunters

That rule wouldn´t fix the issue.

Oceania

How to improve MAtlantis? People call it the shittiest Atlantis when it's supposed to be their golden age.
Besides undoing the massive nerf they just got in their only okay size 2 infantry costing 21 fucking rec points, I think making their human mages all UW recruit and emphasizing their astral would make MAtlantis viable.
>Initiate of the Deep from W1 to W1/S1 sacred
>Witness of the Deep from W2/S1 to W2/S2
>keep Deep Seers W3/S2 because they're still the best in that they can take a water bracelet+lens, summon a water ele and still have room for spamming cascades or whatever
Water on its own isn't enough if you aren't fighting dead nations. Now they have strong astral to back it up and access to fire and earth.

How do I actually play this game and why is there no how to our manual available

Just in case you´re actually that lost, it takes a couple games to understand how to play, and there IS a huge manual which you can download from the developer´s website.

In fact, there´s two links to it in the first post of this thread.

B-bully!

ALL BIRDS MUST DIE
FEATHERS FOR THE FEATHER BED
EGGS FOR THE OMELETTE

The bless actually makes a lot of sense really if you really break down what an assassin with a poisoned dagger would like to have on hand early game.

Can one of you fags just post the fucking bless? Jesus everyone's going to be incredibly disappointed by this point.

Luck? Swiftness + Attack Skill?

only the fort level matters, PD is separate for battles outside the fort.

Very likely, yes, but it´s not about building hype, but about trying to get everyone to dogpile the dangerous guy instead of preparing a couple hopeful countermeasures and calling it a day.

But the few who actually wanted to launch a preemptive strike against Abysia got attacked by someone else first, so in the end no one even tried.

My walls are going down next turn. That´ll another Abysian army ready to go chew at someone else. I´d put my money on them.

Not bad, Abysia.
*sheathes wakizashi*
But we all know who has the strongest Assassin.

Blood Bond + Reforming Flesh?

>being this much of a fag

I'd post it if I were in that game, but sadly I am not.

Pretty disgusting assassin tbqhf
t. Pan

>you will never be as autistic as Bloax on Discord

So what happened, here? did the ninja just get bullshit rolls on his shurikens or something?

Come on, I was genuine. I bet your badass dudes killed half of the Throne PD, I understood that there was a fight only because I saw some of your troops spawn in an adjacent-to-the-throne province and because your Heroic Mercenary got a grave sign in the Hall of Fame.

could be geared up with a good heroic
I tend to pull back my assassins for gearing if they get into the hall of fame and roll a good ability

Prophet assassinating a Prophet.
Ninja has been decked out because he turned from something funny to do at the start of the game into one of maybe 3 reasons I am not dead right now

No, it was legit

Heroic Valor?

Iron will

Iron Will gives the unit MR too, right?

Yes, it's MR

Iron Will is MR only, I think.