Why should we believe God...

Why should we believe God?! I am sure that with his level of power he can cover up all his lies and all his crimes perfecty. I am sure that every rape, every murder were commited not without a direct assistance from such being. Maybe, under most direct control. Think about it. Woud you stop the crimes if you got even a tiny fraction of the divine powers or would you just watch as they happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager
youtu.be/D9JCwkx558o?t=5m
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because it's a fact.

And an oldie but goldie

For more, there's gotquestions.org and compellingtruth.org

/thread

What are you trying to prove here with your stock responses? The point here is not that God doesn't exist, but that God exist and he is responisible for all crimes and suffering of humans.

Aristotelian metphysics are nonsense. They rest upon unsupported axioms and observations of nature which are no longer considered valid.

>e-eat my shorts dad!

You asked a question, I gave you an answer.

Your second sentence is an age-old argument that has been answered many times throughout the internet.

Sounds like you're a fresh nihilist atheist that knows nothing about theology. Just read a book or watch some documentaries.

No mature man woud worship being that sides with every rapist on the panet because it didn't respect the free will of a victim to not be raped.

>what is adultery

I asked why should we believe God. Not shoud we believe in God or not. It is pretty clear that a being that allows so much suffering to exist with a power to end in seconds, must be suspected as criminal.

Something that God also allows to happen. There is no reason to believe his words about how he is against it, if he does nothing to actually prevent it. Politics lie of the time, God is no better.

He gave us the means to prevent it.

The christian god isn't some thunder throwing bearded guy flying around on a cloud punishing mortals, he's an omnipotent creator that gave humanity free will, which includes the will to do evil as well. Come on man, this is like, the basics of christian theology kindergarteners learn.

So called means aren't effective enough. Greatest being in existence surely has something better to prevent it, but keeps it hidden from us because of some arcane, unthinkable reason.

>I am sure that with his level of power he can cover up all his lies and all his crimes perfecty.
He could if He wanted to. But He is omnibenevolent.
>I am sure that every rape, every murder were commited not without a direct assistance from such being. Maybe, under most direct control.
Why would you think that? Besides being omnibenevolent, God had strictly prohibited such things in the Bible. Why would He go against His own will?
>Think about it. Woud you stop the crimes if you got even a tiny fraction of the divine powers or would you just watch as they happen?
I am not God. Also, God is omnipotent, He could, if He wanted to, make Himself feel the effects of such... sins without committing them. But sin is by definition against the will of God, so He would never commit it, much less enjoy it.

>ITT: OP is 11 years old and first discovers theology

What about the will to not experience suffering? It seems like such kind of free will isn't important to Christian God. I understand that such being could respect the will to murder, but where is respect of the will to not be murdered? He surely, let himself to not be, when people executed him.

they are effective the world we be much worse off without christs teachings if you look at imperial roman paganism which would have endured had christianity not supplanted it is unarguably more violent and free will to choose what is good necessarily requires the ability to choose what is evil and this argument has already been had an innumerable times and i would be surprised if you arent already familiar with the various positions already in which case you arent actually trying to learn anything which makes this exchange quite tedious and that is why this will by my last reply to you goodnight god bless you and i will be praying for you

> Why would you think that?
He designed crimes as a part of the system. If he was really agaist it God could create the physical restriction not just write the strongy worded letter. He acted directy when it was more important from his point of view than stopping some random rape. Seems pretty suspicious to me.

> the world we be much worse off without christs teaching
I respect Christ teachings and can deny it, but a stange thing for me is that for God, if ge is really, as powerful as believed, should exist many more direct means to help his people. I think nobody would deny that they shoud exist. That means that some crucial truth is missing here. Atheist could say that truth must be about how God doesn't exist. But that doesn't seems like right answer. There should be a greater reason for a big gap between authority that divine being has and the actual scale of a divine intervention.

>He designed crimes as a part of the system.
God's way of reasoning is incomprehensible to mortals. Also, allowing for sin doesn't mean God committs them. Only that people are able to sin. Which is, again, against God's will. Salvation comes to sinless hearts.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager

youtu.be/D9JCwkx558o?t=5m

/thread

> he doesn't know the real pascal wager

How the fuck do you read this chart?

I fail to see what weight this chart has on the concept that belief in God and following the morals that creator is likely to expect is the bet with the best odds and the lowest cost. What benefit is there to hedonism? living a moral existence even if there is no god is far more rewarding than leading an immoral existence if there is one.

You don't.

There is no good bet because you doesn't bet on God against just hedonism. You bet against all of the other possible outcomes incuding religions of all kinds, the various moral systems or sciencific theories, etc. We doesn't know what result of bet would be and what believes system is a right one. What we know is that most believe systems can't accept each other and punish all of wrong bets so even if you chose to bet on God you will probably suffer being punished by some other God instead of one of your choice. This is why every bet in the table is below zero. Most bets hate each other so you lose no matter what. For every promise of the heaven there exist thousand promises of the hell.

Columns as bets, lines as what metaphysics is a right one. 99 is eternal heaven, -99 is eternal hell.

OP, the most theist won't understand you. For them, an eventual existience of God is obligating one to obey him and to believe in him without judging his methods or whatever you call them.

I also can't stand the fact that this God does nothing, but absolutly nothing to prevent the millions of deaths by grusome and sadistic ways. Like child rapings, torture and so on. And he has done nothing about it.

We do something about it. Why so much cruelty? Why is the nature and its creatures so cruel and violent?

Who needs Satan when we have this kind of a God?

Cruelty is a man made concept.

God doesn't exist within our linear timeframe. God exists outside of time, and so your argument is moot.