/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Share art and music, discuss and fight over new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and anything Sonic related!

/sthg/ #1175 - Sonic 06 edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P_zhSrgzqD8
youtu.be/gwlC89-X-oc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>The Bumper Engine didn't actually have Bumpers
Until now, that is! Jeez, that would've been a pretty big oversight, wouldn't it?

Good almost fuck up, nerd!
Nice

That looks more like a spring from Lost World/that one Infinite boss fight than a bumper.

sex-changeu

Been a while since I've seen this meme used correctly. Thanks, OP.

supportu

So how much will I be able to fuck with this engine and make awesome levels without actually knowing how to code things because I'm dummb

The goal is for you to not have to any programming whatsoever unless you want to add custom mechanics, or level gimmicks. For basic level design, though, none at all.

Clover Heights, for example, was made with no programming. Just level design.

I have a novice level of programming experience so I am not intimidated by coding.

Would it be easy for me to make basic level gimmicks?

Sonic X ost needs some love

youtube.com/watch?v=P_zhSrgzqD8

>can only support 2 knuckles per game while the standard is 3 knuckles per game

I don't get it.

Depends on what we're talking about. Custom enemies with custom behaviors might be tricky, for instance, but something like swinging axes and other animated hazards would be easier. That's more animation than programming at that point.

youtu.be/gwlC89-X-oc

Jesus, what a fuckin' banger.

Sonic THREE & Knuckles.

Do you think Amy had abandonment issues? I think that might explain why she clings to Sonic.

Shadaze~

I'd abandon Amy too.

Rude.

Is that your catchphrase?

This

t.Sonic

Out of the way losers, the best non-existent ship coming through!

I'm also a fan of green rat and dog girl.

>ywn get to experience more banter between these two

>mfw Ben Bates hasn't worked on the comics (outside of a few covers and that one World's Unite tie-in story) since World's collide

>swinging axes
i thought those were done via programming with verlet integration for physics based rope motions(weight distributed based on nodes)

*BEEP* *BEEP*
Best existing ship coming through.

The banter ended when the reboot began. Rey Acorn the Mary Sue and her lightsabers is a stronk wimmin who don't need no hog.

Well, sure, if you wanna go crazy with it. Alternatively you could just animate an object rotating back and forth on an axis. Unity's internal animation system is great for simple, looping animations like that.

>le use Mary Sue incorrectly meme
It ended because autists would sperg out if they even acknowledged each other at that point but at least they still interacted.

no
i think she's like any other 12 year old that meets their favorite celebrity.

I always thought Sally looked very good on this cover.

But let's get to the real topic:
>That blatant Sonally pandering and shitting on Sonamy subtly.
>Ian and the gang claimed they were no shipping biasness.

It's funny how Amy never said I love you to Sonic, at least not in a serious way.

>Amy in the background
I still remember the immense butthurt from Sonamy fans when this cover was first revealed.

>He thinks some generic pieces of dialog is worth missing an entire character over.

If I'm not mistaken, that was even the issue, or around it, where Amy helps them have a peaceful date.

Does anyone know how to modify Sonic Forces to get 100%? I've been playing for about a week to try and unlock all the cosmetics, but no luck.

I've heard if you replace the save file directly, it won't work depending on the version.

Confessions are a big deal to Japanese characters.

There's more I'm upset at losing but it was something I really enjoyed, especially when it involved Sonic shitting on Khan.

To be fair, Ian has said he only put the two back together so Sally getting fucked by Eggman would have more impact.

It is that very issue.

Oh god, don't remind me. As a SonAmyfag, that was embarrassing.

shes afraid of rejection

>where Amy helps them have a peaceful date.
>Making Amy a cuck.
Even worse.

>showing Amy growing up
ftfy
She knew she'd get another chance later.

>To be fair, Ian has said he only put the two back together so Sally getting fucked by Eggman would have more impact.
Uh huh, okay. Ian was never a total Sallyfag.

>Being OOC is "growing up".
Sometimes I'm glad Iizuka's in charge.

>growing up is OoC
Stop embarrassing your fellow Sonamyfags.

To modify it, you play the game until you unlocked everything.

I'm sorry you know nothing about the characters, but yet follow this franchise and engage in discussions about them.

>being a cuck is growing up
The absolute state of Amyfags.

>Ian was never a total Sallyfag
In his own fan comic before he came to Archie, he shipped Sonic & Fiona.

You just described all Archiefags.

>I WANT Amy to remain an obnoxious brat
Fine by me. Just leaves more to hate.
>implying I'm an Amyfag
Frankly, I'm insulted.

>I WANT Amy to remain an obnoxious brat
Stop watching Sonic X, pleb.

>It's another "/sthg/ falls for shitposting" episode
How can you guys be so dumb?

I'd like to think less of it as shitposting, and more as starting a discussion.

I guess I should also not play any of the games that feature her either why I'm at it as well. I honestly pity you lot. You're so passionate about a character that will never grow.

Boco fuck off.

Sally Acorn + Geoffrey St John + Tracer = Tangle the Lemure

Well, what are we currently discussing, user?

If I were Boco I would be wearing my tag just to piss more people off, my dude.

my ass

>He doesn't like Amy.
>Yet he comes to the /sthg/.
You're either new or you just want to start a fight.

Oh my

>beat forces
>watch ending and reset game during credits so i can go and play a stage
>says final level wasn't beaten
THANKS SEGA

>If I were Boco I would be wearing MY tag just to piss more people off, my dude.
>not "If I were Boco I would be wearing HIS tag just to piss more people off, my dude."
Boco confirmed

>coming to this place requires you to like Amy
I honestly don't have a reply to this. I can't understand your retarded thought process this time around.

>Wingedblueshell fuck off
Ftfy

>Not knowing the most important and unwritten rule of /sthg/.
Yup, you're new

Because if I were Boco I would actually have one. I'm not so I don't. Unless you just really want me to make one and never take it off ever again.

Every episode is that episode. And you'd have to be dumb to think we don't lije it this way.

Hey guys!

Boy, Amy Rose sure is the biggest waste of space in this entire franchise

>I guess I should also not play any of the games
Stopped reading there. Go back to reading your shitty dead FF comics.

Hey guys!

Boy, Amy Rose sure is the best thing in the entire franchise.

>calling me new
You are like a little baby. I've been on this boat since the marathon. In a few months you'll be reminded that this general is comic territory.
The comics shall rise again.

>He doesn't like Amy.
Nobody actually likes her, people that say they do are just baiting to derail the thread.

despite all the amy shitposting her not being playable in mania was my biggest dissapointment with the game i always liked playing her in advanced

>im a retard and i blame sega
Sonic fans: the post

>Homeless comicfags starting up shit again.

Sonic sucks. Discuss

Hey guys!

Boy, Amy Rose sure is the blue da ba dee da ba daa Da ba dee da ba daa, da ba dee da ba daa, da ba dee da ba daa Da ba dee da ba daa, da ba dee da ba daa, da ba dee da ba daa

>we don't lije it this way
I damn sure don't like it this way. I for one, wish we could have a decent discussion without falling for obvious bait every single thread.

I don't care if you're a comicfag, gamesfag, Amyfag, whatever. Stop being a faggot trying to derail the thread for (You)s. If you wanna shitpost endlessly, /v/ & /co/ already exist.

>It's a "Boco visits /sthg/" episode special.

Go be Gay else where.

We were fine reminiscing over a cover of an old issue. You babies crying over Amy getting rightfully cucked started the shit.

Mania isn't Advance, Amy isn't playable in classic's dimension except in side games.

Yeah, I agree! Everyone knows Sonic is a comic franchise first and foremost!

>decent sonic discussion
fanbase is too autistic to let that happen. /sthg/ is a slightly less smelly turd in a giant field of shit

But she doesn't take up much space?

And you're retarded for continuing the shitflinging. Stop replying & leave it be.

fuck off chris

You're the minority and arguably the only one who doesn't like the shitposting.

Make me.

>It gets pointed that the cover was obviously glorifying Sonally and downplaying Amy.
>Comicfags get thrown into a tizzy.
>Yet it's everyone but their fault.
kek

You literally can't disprove this. There are more comics than there are games or cartoons.

this but unironically

Welcome to the Archiefag mindset, like Jews they cause a problem and blame everyone else for it.

>Amyfags upset that the comic progressed plot points
>Amyfags their character grew up a little but didn't get with Sonic REEEEEEEEEEE
And people think Blazefags are obnoxious. Top kek.

Out of every piece of side-media, why is it the Archiecunts that act so entitled and start insulting people at the drop of a hat? You can say negative things about the others and their fans either shrug it off or calmly debate, but Archiefags start freaking out the minute you say anything bad about their comic.