How did the Nazis, and Hitler in particular...

How did the Nazis, and Hitler in particular, reconcile the more fantastic aspects of their ideology with the reality of the world around them?

Did they care at all? Did they even recognize the contradictions?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wewelsburg
youtube.com/watch?v=paDxxnBDz7M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ideology doesn't block you from seeing "reality", it changes reality itself.
Also the core element of the nazi ideology is The Jew and The Jew can take every form. Is he poor and uneducated? -> Ostjude. Is he rich and powerful? -> Stadtjude. Is he something else? -> Well he is just pretending to be something else, you know how Jews are.
Also you gotta me more specific. As for the soldiers on the Ostfront for example: We don't really know. Research on their diaries has only just begun.

They were really good at mental gymnastics.

Like what?

Guess OP means stuff like:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wewelsburg

Is this real?

>Ideology doesn't block you from seeing "reality", it changes reality itself.

No it doesn't, people ATTEMPT to use ideology to change "reality". My question is why did Hitler and other NSDAP officials persist in their beliefs, when those beliefs didn't correspond to the world around them?

>Also you gotta me more specific.

I mentioned Hitler in the OP, did you mean a specific part of the Nazi ideology I find issue with?

Because there's a LOT.

They didnt, thats the reason they were attempting to create a "New Order" in Europe.

Hitler sincerely believed in an 'Aryan' race though, despite the complete lack of evidence of it's existence.

My question is why believe these things at all when there was no evidence for them?

It wasnt necessarily him who believed the "ubermensch" theory. In fact most of the racial laws and categorization of people were left to the SS and himmlers cronies.

Himmler himself had a massive inferiority complex, because he was a very sick and weak child who filled his days reading about teutonic knights and nordic mythology.

ideology is just an excuse to stop looking

>people ATTEMPT to use ideology to change "reality"

Sorry m8, you're as mired in ideology as the Nazis were

Explain

It's extreme German nationalism. Hitler didn't actually believe in the Aryan blonde hair blue eyes master race thing, he was simply an extreme nationalist who put Germany and Germans above everything else. Deutschland über alles.

So he didn't necessarily believe that the Germans were a superior race?

First you must delve into the teachings of the sniffling Slovenian

That was himmler

I guess he did, I mean he thought every people or "race" should achieve its own destiny and be the best that race could be, but being a German nationalist he obviously thought Germans were better than everyone else.

Why does anyone?

People believe because their reality is predicated on their beliefs.

What a lazy answer.

You have a better one?

I could probably think of one without too much difficulty, yes.

How long will it be until we can finally talk about Nazi Germany and WWII with anything that could be called objectivity with a straight face?

We can do that now.

More and more people around me tell me Holocaust didn't happen. THey gave me this: youtube.com/watch?v=paDxxnBDz7M

I-it happened, r-right?

>Hitler didn't actually believe in the Aryan blonde hair blue eyes master race thing
He actually did, otherwise he would not call Grant's "Passing of the great race" his personal bible.

>Deutschland über alles.
Shame this quote was misinterpreted to the point it is no longer usable by normal people.

If it was something saying Hitler himself went around doing that shit I'd assume it was some history channel conspiracy garbage.

But with Himmler, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

In history circles you already can.

It'll be a long time before the public views individual German soldiers as anything but Nazi fanaticals comparable to SS officers.

It's already beginning to normalize. With the election of Trump a new era has begun. People are fed-up with SJWs, Jews and their narratives.

What about the current public perception of the Nazis do you take issue with?

The view that each and every soldier fought with the pure ideological goal of killing everyone who wasn't white with blonde hair and blue eyes.

Of course there were some soldiers that held Hitler's views on Jews and racial purity, but you usually only here of these in SS circles.

In reality, the average German soldier was probably a patriot who wanted to help his country. Most of them probably weren't fond of Jews and gypsies due to the propaganda at the time, but by no means did every soldier join up to kill minorities.

And hitler thought he was the incarnation of the teutonic gods, which is more fantastical?

Ideology literally distorts yours sensory input, making you perceive the very same thing someone else is looking at as something else. This is the reality that you construct in your mind and how you connect it to every other concept that you know in order to make decisions. Once an ideology spreads, everyone's input is effectively distorted and the entire collective construct of reality that exists between them changes. Things which to outer observers seem like terrible actions are interpreted within the ideologues reality as totally intuitive steps based on their goals.