Previous thread: Pastebin for newcomers: pastebin.com/Gq3pxGqc
Musou Stars OST: pastebin.com/eB09X6D4
Recommended Reading: pastebin.com/eJ4kNhSE
Cao Cao 2014: pastebin.com/UHcpuWM6
Three Kingdoms 2010: pastebin.com/yTcAccLy

Dynasty Warriors 9 New Gameplay Playlist:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmBdlHcHH7paWcO8ucTw-UqwlEWUhvUS7

Bulletin:
-Zhou Cang, Cheng Pu, Man Chong, Xu Sheng, Xun You, Cao Xiu and Xin Xianying are newcomers.
-Dong Bai, Xiahou Ji, Hua Xiong and Yuan Shu are Unique NPCs.
-Dynasty Warriors 9 will be open world. Everyone from 8XL and Xun Yu from Empires will return.
-Dynasty Warriors 9 will be out in February 8th in Japan and February 13th worldwide.
-Dynasty Warriors 9 will have a roster of 90 playable characters.
-Zhang Fei and Zhao Yun are clones of each other.
-Xiahou Ji is for tender loving.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VcSsLitEj2c
youtube.com/watch?v=DLsVwNUor-I
youtube.com/watch?v=0MbGamzVPKw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yueying is for Zhuge Liang.

ENG dub makes me want to die

Bye

Hua Xiong’s whole design and personality should have been Xu Chu’s

youtube.com/watch?v=VcSsLitEj2c

wait

where does Sun Shangxiang go after Lui Bei dies?

She was at his death bed in 8 buuuuut

UNPCs are just lazy, Yuan Shu looks he’ll be the Yoshimoto Imagawa of Dynasty Warriors too

DUDE JAP MEMES

LMAO
M
A
O

>tfw doesn't own any physical copy of any DW/SW/WO game other than Next
Why live

Consort Tang is hot.

I....fuck.....wife....Zhuge.....Liang....not....know

How can Zhen Ji even compete?

Cai Wenji.

Why are Shu such chads?
>Liu Bei causes SSX to leave tigerland for his benevolent dick
>Zhang Fei rapes Xiahouji so hard she abandons Wei for his massive cock

Boy those Han are a benevolent people. We should restore them!

They are very benevolent and what's best for the land.

>Chads
The complete opposite. The best Zhang Fei could do was a defenseless little girl he abducted, while Liu Bei was too afraid to even touch SSX. If they lived in our times, they'd wear smelly Slipknot shirts with trench coats.
They're /ourguys/, but they're a far cry away from being Chads

>still using slipknot as a point of cultural reference

Sup fellow grandpa.

>buying vita gaems

UNPC status is great for characters that have some minor importance but not enough to be a fully playable character.
The problem with 9's UNPCs is that 3 of them are completely irrelevant while one of them is too relevant to be just a UNPC.

Here's Yueying for that Zhuge Liang user.

With that criteria though, who would be good as a UNPC? Gongsun Zan? Gan Ji? Zhuge Jin? Bianshi?

>tfw this is unironically me

I want weapon switching back desu. After years of WO/SW character switching and weapon switching in DW it doesnt feel right having to open a menu to switch movesets instead of having a dedicated button for it.

Gan Ji is certainly a good example. Excluding any currently playable characters Zhang Ren, Yan Liang and Wen Chou could also be good candidates.
Females are also good candidates, though due to the relatively smaller significance in general I'm fine with some of them being given larger roles and made playable for the sake of variety.

Gongsun Zan and Zhuge Jin are good choices. Bianshi, too, though I'd like her to be the next playable Wei female.
I feel like they should just replace Gan Ji with Zuo Ci or something. But otherwise, yeah, he'd be a good UNPC too.

Using other character's weapons is a fucking meme and I hate it. The best thing to do in 8 was to just give the officer two of his own weapons, but with different affinities.

>Yuan Shu
>relevant

lol

Just realized I haven't read any articles and don't know shit about DW9. What memes and info should I know about, is the game looking like it will be good???

no

It looks like it will be the best musou game ever made.

It's being co-developed with Bethesda.

Game looks great, but they took away Sun Ce's tonfas so I pretty much want Suzuki to be arrested for his crimes.

this is all you need

youtube.com/watch?v=DLsVwNUor-I
desu I think the cutscenes are looking better, Sun Jian getting sniped alone standing still always sucked and Xiahou Yuan's death in DW8 felt like a fucking parody, maybe because you had to almost try to have him die

I was unaware Xiahou Yuan could even DIE in DW8 for the longest time. I never got him killed once. I never knew how. Still don't! It baffled me... I thought they kept in every death but his from 7.

The tumblrfag namefag is sperging the fuck out, we did it lads

I had Dian Wei live and was confused to why they would removed that for a while

god what a terrible song

What show

I like the fact that it no longer looks like there’s only 5 mooks and onscreen this time around

redpill me

I still love this.

B'z are a good group and fit Musou though
youtube.com/watch?v=0MbGamzVPKw

I just love the idea of Deng Ai intently analyzing a picture of Dong Bai.

You forgot Ma Chao killing elderly women just because they didn't like the way he was doing things.

>"You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?"
Ma Chao getting BTFO'd by Jiang Ji's elderly mother.

Jiang Xu.

Why did emperors wear that dumb hat with beads blocking your vision? That'd annoy the fuck out of me

The early Han retainers, mostly the old guard like Wang Yun, Liu Biao, Zhang Lu, He Jin

Gongsun Zan would be better off playable

>Hanging from the front and back of the emperor’s hat are twelve strings of beads. They’re called “yù zǎo” in Chinese—pendants of jade beads. “Yù" or jade symbolizes upright character, while “zǎo” refers to the silk strings that are used to string the jade beads together, which reflect a clear and pure mind. The twelve pendants at the front swing with the tiniest movement, and prompt the Emperor to maintain a straight gaze and proper posture. They also serve as a reminder to the Emperor to only make decisions with upright thoughts, and perceive things through a clear and pure mind.

Sounds retarded

It looks fine. Might have a few rough spots depending on your expectations and playstyle.

I wouldn't expect you to understand.

So do most crowns worn by western monarchs.

Most crowns dont block your vision

Lv Meng is a butt!

Lü Meng is sexy

Lv Meng kisses boys on the lips.

I love Cai Wenji

I too love Cai Wenji.

Me three.

Th-Thank you, user. . .

I...Cuck...Now...!

Would you buy DW9 if there was guaranteed an explicit sex scene with your waifu

The plot twist is that Wei Yan is perfectly fluent in Italian, Spanish, and French.

Was there a Zhenji of Wu?

It was a translation error in DW3. It was Zhang Cheng.

Was there a Taolun of Shinji?

Fuck yes. I don’t care if I have to play Xu Zhu and he’s the one porking my wife.

Naw, he was a Bodhisattva that jerked it to comatose anime girls.

Yes.

>implying I haven't already bought it

Can somebody make sure to tell Koei how shot Samurai Warriors 4's 2 character system is and to never do it again thanks

Yueying: "Harder you fat fuck, are you even trying?"
Xu Zhu: "I don't understand much, but let's get moving anyway!"

let's see what reddit's doing.

Reddit needs to work on their jokes.

Dong Zhuo certainly became a terrible tyrant, yes, but Lu Bu was nothing more than incompetent commander who was paranoid as fuck and didn't trust anyone. Saying they're both "evil" is kind of incorrect. Both "bad" maybe. Dong Zhuo is the only one was evil by the end if you want to narrow shit down to that level. Not counting the rest of their lives.

I'm not sure about on the fly weapon switching, but as shown in some gameplay videos you will be able to equip any weapon from your inventory screen. I'm not sure if this gets locked out if you are in combat.

>Lu Bu was nothing more than incompetent commander who was paranoid as fuck and didn't trust anyone
He trusted Chen Gong enough to not investigate when Cao Xing accused Chen Gong of being a part of Hao Meng's plot to kill him.

Didnt Lu Bu frequently ignore Chen Gong's suggestions on strategy though?

>Jap because its the original form
>ROTK
>chinese events
>chinese people
>spoke chinese
>KT confirmed the game is shipping with english, japanese, and chinese language options
t. weeaboo

Not entirely a bad thing, given that Chen Gong was a man of little talent. Like Lu Bu. Gao Shun is the man Lu Bu should have listened to.

That was his thing, he couldn't make up his minds between who he should listen to. His wife had his ear, Chen Gong has his ear, so do other people. He'd listen to all of them and none of them. He never knew who to trust. There's a big write up about how paranoid he was as a person online somewhere, especially later in life, and how it lead to his downfall. Like he actually wanted to surrender Xiapi several times early on to spare the troops and stop all the bullshit, but Chen Gong convince him not to, and there there were other times where his wife would convince him to do something different as well.

Completely understandable when Chen Gong's strategy was: "Go lead troops outside and leave command of the city to me; I totally won't betray you like I did Cao Cao."

Yeah this too. Chen Gong didn't have a ton going for him. Listenting to him 100 percent of the time wouldn't have fixed all of Lu Bu's issues.

I don't even understand what this means.

Am I a ghost? Cao Mao doesn't like ghosts in distant lands... Why are you upsetting Cao Mao?

>Little Talent
Not on the novel nor in the game.

>Still no sima gan

Did you know that Sima Yan was actually the child of Sima Yi and Wang Yuanji? Also Sima Gan was the child of Sima Shi and Zhang Chunhua

Sima Yan, Gan, what's their plan?

Yan: Fuck women while riding a goat
Gan: Fuck women who aren't breathing

I can believe Chunuha molested Shi