/ss13g/ - spessmen on the spess station: IT'S CUTLT! CALT! CEHLT!!!! Edition

Last Thread: Last time on /ss13g/ - spessmen on a spess station:
>Stop fucking dying you cowards, I'm not your real dad
>How can antags be real if the turfs they stand are are dev???
>The best way to play security is to just turn the station around and go home

>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>OH GOD MY GAME FROZE BUT I CAN STILL SEE CHAT HOW 2 FIX??
Downgrade your BYOND version to byond.com/download/build/510/510.1347_byond.exe

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs + Discord circlejerk
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs
discord.gg/c32NDYj

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation
discord.gg/nfmjc56

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>Round Stats
stats.ss13.moe/

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/z7czw5WQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3oD8tj3eBls
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Implying
You just NOPE hard, close that door, get your blast cannon our of your personal locker you're pulling as a bullet shield and you gib them through the fucking door Another thing you do is just set two range 5 prox bombs adjacent to where the windows dock. As soon as they come back, boom

Apparently Boil has a 10% chance to cause a 1 radius light explosion on runes in view

for(var/obj/effect/rune/R in view(src))
if(prob(10))
explosion(R.loc, -1, 0, 1, 5)

You can literally make capped bombs with welderfuel, scrubbed plasma tanks, and oxygen anywhere. Sec can't do dick to you

first for my husbando

>Apparently Boil has a 10% chance to cause a 1 radius light explosion on runes in view
Does this mean I could theoretically stack multiple runes and kill people via the explosion?

R8 ASSISTANT PLAYERS

I really enjoy Blast Ripneck, and the one guy who plays as a Hobo, they arn't shitter Assistants which is strange to see

Setting aside that blood boil already instacrits all noncultists in LOS that aren't guarded by a null rod, it'd be better to use the drain rune for your purposes.

Shit admins shit server why do I even play here

Technically, yes? It does 30 damage and it's reduced or basically negated if they aren't starving by nearly everything anyone that matters is wearing

Did someone right-click the stack of a million items in cargo?

>Used to be able to keep a suicide bomb to deny your gear at least
>Inbread cum guzzling coders make bombs bulky
>Still doesn't stop bombrush. nobody saw that coming....
>Fucks over sec using them
>The lot of them see nothing wrong with this
Really grinds my gears

It worked.

new mode idea
ycult

aaaaand its dead

Different types of cult would be nice, even just as fluff. Would also help curb ";ITS CULT" in a natural way.
No not clock cult.

get yourself a grenade then

>No not clock cult.
I CAN DREAM

mr clean cult that has an objective for the station to be 100% clean when?

Mr Clean can't even do that, what chance do mere mortals have?

There was a server that used to have some alternate cults for fluff. I think it just added confusion

I thought that objective was bugged, and counted the derilect

Even better new mode idea:
remove wizard

I would say the majority of static name assistants are good eggs.

I don't think it does. But it counts trash items and if there's a candy wrapper in a locker somewhere Mr. Clean might not be able to get it.

I heard in places ss13 reduces your iq

Okay I don't know if you're still around or if you appreciated my other posts in the first place, but I'll keep going just in case. I'm gonna try and clean up my posts so they aren't shit and terrible too.

Anyway, on to lings and vamps. I'm only gonna touch on this a bit since you seem to already know, but yeah having people to back you up is really nice. Even if you're really robust taking on lings and vamps carries a certain risk so do try to call for backup where possible, you don't even have to travel in pairs, just don't get surprised and keep anyone you suspect is a ling or vamp stunned until backup arrives.

Barring that though, there are certain things you have to keep in mind. For one, getting close is fucking dangerous. Going for the cuff on a confirmed ling or vamp round can be a death sentence, depending on the competence of the antag in question. If you suspect someone is a ling, sometimes it's best to just not even try if you can't get help. Beepsky or a borg as backup is sometimes your only choice.

That's why a big part of changeling/vamp for sec is CONFIRMING they're antags. This usually means catching them in the act, which requires patroling and knowing where to look, as well as forensic detective work to find your culprits. Knowing where to look requires a bit of critical thinking and a bit of experience. Scientists disappearing? Check xenobio and the research outpost. Medbay? Morgue, virology, patient private rooms, surgery, and literally every locker in medbay. After a while you just learn where people like to dump their bodies.

Now once you've confirmed a ling/vamp, it really is as simple as shooting them to death.

I guess I shouldn't say it's simple actually. Vampires are a lot more complicated than that, but lings have nothing really going for them if you get past their stealth bullshit.

The key to fighting vampires though is really just don't stop moving in maint, keep your eyes peeled for their cloak of darkness or whatever, and REMEMBER TO PUT YOUR EARMUFFS ON

If you put your earmuffs on you are invincible to the vampire's normal tricks if you treat them with respect. Don't get close, shoot them a lot, and always be suspicious of tag alongs or suspicious folks because they could be thralls. Also NVGs/thermals are really cool for tracking down high blood vampires.

Let me know if this helped at all or if it just sounded like a bunch of dumb bullshit. If you've got any questions about anything just ask and I'll reply at some point seeing as how I've got nothing better to do.

remember a vampires strongest move is a scream+bats combo while near external windows. magboots are every bit as important as earmuffs in avoiding being nibbled to death by the winged bastards

this is true, try not to fight them near windows though tbqhwyf

>N3X15 said he would get himself banned/removed from all Veeky Forumsstation affiliated groups
>is still in the steam group
haram

we have a steam group?

so when this r0b0 guy finishes antag datums, can we make him head collab?

ED-209'd are easy to make and only need an upped ID or AI/borg to be made

He wont but they should always work in pairs at the least so at least one just is a couple tiles away to get back up and shotgun the fucker to examine confirm death then boot knife the head off

The sad part about thralls is implants are useless, so you gotta make a judgement call to field execute 8+ people on a bad day

Just make suspected thralls chug holy water.

I was HoP that round. Vampire was pretty good at keeping away from us. Ended up hiding himself as the god damn hobo, who I went to take to the medbay but he flashed me. Ended up succing me in maint and made me a thrall before I died. That meant when I got cloned I came back a thrall.

After that, I went straight to the AI and two humaned myself and Camryn. I then destroyed the robotics console, loaded up on HoS equipment, while pretending to hunt the vampire. I later found he was found and ashed, so I set out to kill the rest of the crew to avenge my fallen master.

God damn Arma, you saved my ass after that fight at escape. I was in crit and you clawed me back from the brink. Thanks bruh, best borg.

They do one thing, which is to make sure the vampire needs 500 total blood instead of 300 to enthrall. But yeah, mostly useless.

I was the CE that round, lagged out and disconnected near the end. No clue what ended up happening to me, as I went braindead in the bridge. Did you ever demote that shitlord librarian?

>murder the other tator
>swooce on into RD and grab my shit because I'm a coward
>hide in escape pod
>riddle HoS with ebolts on way home
Y'all niggas jump the gun with shuttle calls too much.

it was one civilian who law 2'd the AI to call it, and the Heads of staff didn't recall it in time

are you ready for mixed all day every day
I am

Shitters that get thralled, get re-thralled "accidentally" and if you deconvert them you can't kill them. Best to just go with your gut and clean house so it's done with.

By the time he's thralling he's definitely done with that much blood though.

>tfw those mixed test rounds where it was basically autotraitor cranked up to ten billion
My hailer was not prepared

>antag datums = head coder
Can we not forget that Celt was literally working on a gigantic fucking update for this game that not only added a Snowmap, but added 5 new mobs, 20 new items, and a bunch of other comfy shit? If anyone deserves it he does.

Holy water chem implants.
>go with your gut
Your gut always tells you to execute them?

>As thine unholy crystal makes contact with thine other unholy crystal, and a sound not of this world shaketh the chamber, thou'st can scarcely divine what cruel fate has brought you to this place in time just to bear witness to this. You curse the gods one last time before all goes black

if celt have delivered he would have been established as an eternal Veeky Forumsstation a legend, but he failed so he is forever a joke

>but he failed
You mean he was sabotaged and now snowmap is a mess of conflicts nobody is capable of sorting out.

not even celt claims he was sabotaged, he just didn't put in the work
sort of like his 100 bug fixes

It's been a while but IIRC it wasn't merged originally because it 'caused a crash', even though the fix for that was something Celt explained but several collabs (or just PJB, can't quite recall) said was unnecessary

What is an antag datum anyways and what does it do?

here's how it worked:

>PJB's shit code causes snowmap to crash
>snowmap is reverted by PJB
>Celt fixes PJB's shitcode for him and says "okay you can merge snowmap now I fixed your shitcode"
>PJB and all other collabs refuses to merge it because it's "unatomic"

>PJB
why is he still around?

Why the fuck isn't my chat loading all of a sudden? Ive tried restarting, and even waiting for 8 hours.

shadowbanned, contact pomf

Delete BYOND cache.

page 10

>Be borer
>Be in Ayy Tentacle monster
>it goes blind for some reason and cannot be fixed at all
>Abandon them as they kill themselves and jump into the captain who happens to be a drug addict
>Convince them to do embarrass shit for drugs
>End up having them wear kitty ears, knee high socks, and walk around naked while calling the female detective kawaii and saying 'Niko Niko NII' for drugs
that was fun

I have never seen the tentacle monster before.

And how are Clown Goblins actually created, and what do they do. They just waddle around looking silly but I don't actually know what they functionally do.

Tentacle Monsters are Martians and they're a somewhat new race that is still a work in progress and bugs are being fleshed out.

clown goblins are made with just shoes and the mask and their only function is to be annoying little shits. They only try to slip you if you attack them though.

assuming you were that captain I just want you to know what Nico Nico Nii is from and what exactly you were shouting.
youtube.com/watch?v=3oD8tj3eBls

I was the AI. That explains why the Captain was acting the way he was, though.

I've seen Clown Goblins mostly through trainer balls, but as a result I never see what they actually do. That's interesting.
And I suppose that Ayy got bussed in then. It was pretty neat.

I had him on a steady dosage of space drugs and when I had an idea I would stop giving him drugs and would tell him ' Do X if you want the drugs to continue, else you're cut off '
He played along and it was funny.

>>it goes blind for some reason and cannot be fixed at all
You try ryetalyn? Without knowing that I can't tell if it's a bug or not.

Yes Every chemical a head borer can secrete(borers also can only infect the martian's head) I tried and none of them worked.

Medbay gave it imidazoline too right? Probably a bug then. You know how it got to be blind? Could have been a graphics issue too.

Is there ANY way to revive yourself?

If not there should be a defib coat that defibs you when your heart stops.

Yes they tried imidazoline, and it happened after he ate some food. unsure what food it was, nothing was in his blood that I could see.

Not unless you're a vampire, changeling or zombie.

I did end up giving him some, to no effect. The species just needs some more development I think because I couldn't scan him or do surgery on him either.

Well yeah, the body scanner and surgery not working are known things. The code isn't there yet. Neither imidazoline or ryetalyn working is hard for me to explain though.

i'm afraid that an admin or a mod is going to look through my logs and bring up some stupid shit i said once. WHO'S WITH ME??

I'm not afraid of that because people change and since we're only human it's ok to have said/done stupid thing in the past as long as you've improved.

Logs are public on the Veeky Forums server buddy, ANYONE can search for the stupid shit you said once.

is this pathologic?

yeehaw, I'm just afraid a mod will do it and make me a PUBLIC EXAMPLE. try and wrestle with me in a battle of shame.

yeah

it reminded me of the executioner but I haven't personally seen this creature, I guess I never got that far
great ambience but the game was too hardcore for me

Well, never mind for now that this has never ever ever happened (to my knowledge)
Even if an admin for some reason did decide to go through old logs for stuff random people said, the logs are so terribly painful to go through unless you already know what you're looking for that the admin would have trouble even figuring out who you were talking to, let alone what the context around it was.
There's no such thing in this case as "my logs," there's "the logs" and they're a pile of shit that nobody enjoys going through

this is probably the dumbest autismal question i've asked yet to date but, which soft drink is the equivilent of pepsi?
I got Dr. pepper and Mountain Dew, and generic cola. (Dr.Gibb, space mountain wind, space cola)

Dr. Gibb is the equivalent of Mr. Pibb.

and thus the culture gap between british and american soft drinks appeared.
I could have probably guessed that one if I didn't assume it was something else.

The cookie/biscuit thing always gets me.

Implanted voice-activated grenade with healing chems.

Does detonating a grenade inside yourself inject the chemicals into you?

A question I have been trying to answer for some time. I'll experiment today, or look at the code. Worst case scenario you could hack it by making it a gas bomb and just inhaling your meds.

I'm getting into the meta club guys.... so long fellas

user, got the lifeweb discord link for me pal?

>funnyjunk
isn't that shit worse than reddit?

To whomever jackrip is (the martian that went blind in ) could you get in contact with me?

I want to fix the bug you encountered, but need to know how you ended up blind.

>2562
>walk into bar
>battle of lil slugger starts playing

>tfw won the round but made it extremely boring
Would you forgive me?

>won

So are braindead people valid now?
Good to know

if everyone played like this this server would've been dead 5 years ago

rip guess im stupid then

He wasn't even braindead

I didnt think the mods on this server were retards. I expected this kind of shit from the fucking yogscast server

>the fucking yogscast server
The what

Did u ahelp it

What happen?

Got kicked 30 secs from match start so joined late, got traitor, and as this was my second game freaked out a bit, tried pinging admins but no response, 30 mins into the match learn how to use traitor tools, blew myself up stupidly and rushed to medbay, decided to play it safe and put my steal objective in myself, then coasted the round doing nothing.

You're lucky the admins didn't stickyban you for wasting their time with an ahelp.